Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 23-01-2013 15:01:34

Nurvus
Gardien

Random vs Interesting

First of all, it's healthy to have some degree of randomness.
However, it's important to distinguish different types of randomness, between good and bad.

Currently, there is a little too much emphasis on bad randomness in this game.
By that, I mean the kind of randomness that takes away from the merit of players in wins and losses.

Examples of bad randomness:
- [card]Rain of Death[/card] (3-7+spirit; 5+spirit average; +/-2 variance)
- [card]Dhan[/card] (1 to 10 damage; 5.5 average; +/- 4,5 variance)
- [card]Sacred Nova[/card] (0 to 10 damage; 5 average; +/- 5 variance)
- WitchBlade physical attacks (specially with Ylliana)
Even if mathematically they are (arguably) balanced since they do an average of X damage, at the end of the day, you can win a game because you got a string of high hits, or lose because you got a string of low hits, without there being anything you can do about it.

Examples of good randomness:
- What the opponent has in his hand vs what he plays
The cards the opponent has in his hand become less mysterious as the game progresses, making it easier for you to guess what he'll play next.
- Initiative vs Turn Orders
Initiative vs Turn Orders will dictate alot of the strategy, but gives room for the player to adapt.

---
Now here's a thought I'd like you guys to entertain.
Just a small brainstorm:

What if you always dealt Min damage on the opponent's turn, and Max damage on your Turn?

Pros:
- It would work in tandem with Turn Order Bonuses, often causing the opponent to have to decide whether he is willing to give a certain character its Order Bonus or allow it to deal max damage.

Cons:
- It might require a little rebalancing on the Min and Max attack scores as well as the Turn Orders' effects and turns.

Dernière modification par Nurvus (23-01-2013 16:23:15)

#2 23-01-2013 18:19:30

gaurdianaq
Habitant de Guem

Re : Random vs Interesting

An interesting concept, I know I've had moments where had I hit 1 point higher I would have killed the player...

Would make things interesting to say the least.

#3 23-01-2013 18:54:50

pseudo7
Gardien

Re : Random vs Interesting

gaurdianaq a écrit :

An interesting concept, I know I've had moments where had I hit 1 point higher I would have killed the player...

Would make things interesting to say the least.

I stop playing sacred nova case most of the times gave 0 damage!!!!
No more trying lucky...

Pied de page des forums