Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 27-11-2012 18:24:53

Nurvus
Gardien

Feerik - Honest makes Rich

I invite anyone who can translate this into proper French to do so and post it on the French forums.

Below are a few things Feerik should do in this game:

1 - Lower the price of Boosters & Feez-Decks to half.
Results:
- The players that spend money will spend the same amount of money (but get twice as many boosters)
- Players that currently find the Booster prices too high are more likely to start spending money.

2 - The only thing that costs Feez in this game should be Boosters and Feez-Decks.
Never ask Feez from players without giving them cards.
Players can get impulsive and you know it, and marketing schemes that take advantage of this are dishonest and despicable, and players realize it sooner or later.
You do much more for your business in the long run if you earn trust from your customers.

3 - Remove purchasable Energy & Favors and make all timed Adventure Mode doable with 60 Energy.
4 - Remove the time limit from Weekly Trophies and make them available for Free, but you can only pick 1 at a time to complete.
5 - Make paid Events only require you to buy Boosters to get key cards
6 - Keep adjusting old and new cards as you release new cards, in order to make sure that lots and lots of decks become as competitive as possible.
If you can make it so that the game has more than 20 competitive decks at all times, your active and specially paying playerbase will increase tenfold.

Even though I suggest lowering prices and lowering the amount of stuff players have to spend money on, players will spend MORE money because it will be worth it!
If Feerik does this, the playerbase will grow and become more stable, rather than everyone coming and going as they get frustrated with the greedy marketing ploys of today.

Feerik will make MORE money by making Eredan all about the cards - it's an iTCG - and letting the players know that all cards mean something!

Dernière modification par Nurvus (28-11-2012 11:28:58)

#2 27-11-2012 21:12:40

Stormholt
Eredanien
Lieu : Votorantim,São Paulo
Site Web

Re : Feerik - Honest makes Rich

Man, you should work at feerik really, really good...

Dimizar, why we don't see this on the game?

E meu nome não é SHIRLEY!

Eredan-->> Storm Videos <<--Videos

#3 27-11-2012 21:44:02

Damncaster
Solarian

U da MEN + infinit

No good... No evil... Just a Judge

It´s all about Mastery!

#4 27-11-2012 23:08:12

scorvos74
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : U.S.A.

Nurvus
I have always appreciated your take on Eredan; your ideas on fair play and balance have been dead on.  The cards you put up in the suggestions forum are always a good read.  I know you care about this game, based only on the time you invest in these forums. 

But I must play the devil’s advocate on some of these points

1 - Lower the price of Boosters & Feez-Decks to half.

Diamonds are only precious because we say they are, if collectively stopped caring about them engagement rings would be mounted on rock cutting chainsaws and a lot less people would have died in Angola. 

If any store or company put up a Permanent 50% sighs on all merchandise every one would assume that they were going out of business.  And no one would invest in the game at all less they end up dead game (ask any one that bought stuff for the online version of the Marvel VS. card game). 

Even if this did not happen, some who starts playing this game in 2015 will know nothing of the ‘old’ prices and will pose this same question. 

3 - Remove purchasable Energy & Favors and make all timed Adventure Mode doable in time with the available Energy.

Time is money but we don’t all use the same currency. 

These products are not for us.  Extra Energy purchases are for those people that have no time, to wait for the energy meter.  The CEOs of Mega corporations, Leaders of the Free world and intentional Super-criminals that lead very demanding schedules and their time are worth more than that amount of money.  They are not here in the forums to defend their purchases because they do not have the time to read or respond. 

As for the timed adventure modes, all of the prizes can be obtained by boss farming. 

4 - Remove the time limit from all non-Event Trophies and make them available for Free, but you can only pick 1 at a time to complete.

There is a chapter in Einstein's Dreams where everyone in the world is immortal.  Everyone has all the time in the world; and so the people of earth fall into to categories.  Those rush to accomplish everything because they know that it is possible to do so and those that do nothing because they know that they have infinity to procrastinate.   I would like to say that as a whole we would be in the former category but I know most of us would be in the latter. 

6 - Keep adjusting old and new cards as you release new cards, in order to make sure that lots and lots of decks become as competitive as possible.

Re-balancing of old cards is a slippery slope – nothing can sour play faster than if you’re afraid to invest in a card because you fear it might be nerfed.  When cards have been found to be overly powerful they have been adjusted after much discussion and a buyback program. 

There are many evil and greedy corporations out there; I do not feel that Feerik is one of them. 

Any company that can keep its doors open by selling digital versions of sexy fantasy game cards, cosplay ponies and large eyed dress up dolls when less than 1500 miles away there are austerity riots that threaten to capsize the very currency they use; gets a tip of my hat.

#5 27-11-2012 23:16:56

Damncaster
Solarian

They won´t know it unless they try it... lets say that try that for a week and then take their conclusions it would be better. I hate the buyback programm ´cause they don´t give us money worth the investment we made i found Nurvus idea of changing old cards in new releases better and just like that announced that Ourenos change system it should work the same for the old cards so the new players notice the game changes.

No good... No evil... Just a Judge

It´s all about Mastery!

#6 27-11-2012 23:18:32

Nurvus
Gardien

@Scorvos74
Your comparisons are really out of place.
This is a digital game that converts real currency into digital currency, but that digital currency does not convert into real currency.
There are no production costs for the cards themselves.

1 - Eredan boosters are expensive comparing to real Magic the Gathering boosters.
Magic the Gathering releases 100+ fairly balanced cards at a time while Eredan releases 10 game-breaking cards.

Magic the Gathering gives you physical cards while Eredan can disappear anytime Feerik decides to close the doors.

If Feerik changes prices, it will simply affect how many players are willing to spend money on Eredan.
How much money they spend, however, doesn't really change.
If I can afford to spend 20 euros on Eredan, I will only do so IF I think the prices are worth it.
If 400 Feez per Booster sounds like a good deal to me, 200 Feez will only make me MORE encouraged to spend money, and since my 20 euros are still available for Eredan, I'll just get twice as many Boosters.

If 400 Feez per Booster sound too expensive for me, I won't buy any Boosters, and I will probably even change game, but 200 Feez per Booster may change my mind.
If Eredan seems like better and/or cheaper entertainment than another game, I'll consider spending money on it.
Feerik needs to take the possibilities of each Country into consideration when establishing the prices.

With all the guilds and specific requirements to play each card, if you want to build a deck, you have like 1/100 chance to get a card that even fits the deck, let alone a card that you actually need.
If you're buying Boosters to get Crystals, the chances to get an expensive card are very small because there are only 3-5 top decks that players want.
This happens because the game is unbalanced.
It's all connected.

Feerik loses absolutely nothing from lowering the price of digital Boosters in order to make Eredan feel like a very good game to spend money on.

Players who spend 10€ will still spend the same amount.
Players who think 400 Feez per Booster is too expensive may start spending money if they cost 200 Feez.

---
3 & 4 - Eredan is about playing a card game.
Everything in the game should revolve around playing with the cards.

Paying money to skip playing the game is stupid and should never be encouraged by Feerik.
It's a sollution that was created because most Events and Trophies are a CHORE.

That's why I suggest that weekly Trophies should NOT have a time limit.
That's why I suggest timed Adventure Trophies should be doable with 60 Energy.
That's why I suggest Events should be less time consuming.

You should WANT and LOVE to play Eredan.
It should NEVER feel like a chore.

---
6 - Sorry but no. It's not a slippery slope.
Knowing that Feerik cares for all your old cards will make players trust Feerik more and more likely to spend money.
It doesn't really matter if Feerik manages to actually balance them perfectly on the 1st, 10th or 100th try.

I want Feerik to TRY.
Players need to believe Feerik is a team of passionate developers - not greedy businessmen.

If players think the cards they buy now will become trash in 1 month, they're probably not going to spend 1 cent.
If players think their collection means something to Feerik because cards keep getting updated, then Eredan will become 100x better and those players are ALOT more likely to spend money on it.

I'm not saying Feerik is evil.
I'm saying whoever is handling business is either very greedy or extremely narrow-minded.

Dernière modification par Nurvus (28-11-2012 22:33:47)

#7 27-11-2012 23:35:40

Zorak
Gardien
Lieu : Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

Nurvus a écrit :

If players think the cards they buy now will become trash in 1 month, they're probably not going to spend 1 cent.

Cards become trash the day after release nowadays.

IGN Edinho - BODE TEAM

"A vei, esses cara não sabem nem onde caga."
                                              -Filippe_Balbino

#8 28-11-2012 01:05:30

Teremune
Habitant de Guem

Nurvus a écrit :

Your comparisons are really out of place.
This is a digital game that converts real currency into digital currency, but that digital currency does not convert into real currency.
There are no production costs for the cards themselves.

1 - Eredan boosters are expensive comparing to real Magic the Gathering boosters.
Magic the Gathering releases 100+ fairly balanced cards at a time while Eredan releases 10 game-breaking cards.

Magic the Gathering gives you physical cards while Eredan can disappear anytime Feerik decides to close the doors.

If Feerik changes prices, it will simply affect how many players are willing to spend money on Eredan.
How much money they spend, however, doesn't really change.
If I can afford to spend 20 euros on Eredan, I will only do so IF I think the prices are worth it.
If 400 Feez per Booster sounds like a good deal to me, 200 Feez will only make me MORE encouraged to spend money, and since my 20 euros are still available for Eredan, I'll just get twice as many Boosters.

If 400 Feez per Booster sound too expensive for me, I won't buy any Boosters, and I will probably even change game, but 200 Feez per Booster may change my mind.
If Eredan seems like better and/or cheaper entertainment than another game, I'll consider spending money on it.
Feerik needs to take the possibilities of each Country into consideration when establishing the prices.

With all the guilds and specific requirements to play each card, if you want to build a deck, you have like 1/100 chance to get a card that even fits the deck, let alone a card that you actually need.
If you're buying Boosters to get Crystals, the chances to get an expensive card are very small because there are only 3-5 top decks that players want.
This happens because the game is unbalanced.
It's all connected.

Feerik loses absolutely nothing from lowering the price of digital Boosters in order to make Eredan feel like a very good game to spend money on.

Players who spend 10€ will still spend the same amount.
Players who think 400 Feez per Booster is too expensive may start spending money if they cost 200 Feez.

---
3 & 4 - Eredan is about playing a card game.
Everything in the game should revolve around playing with the cards.

Paying money to skip playing the game is stupid and should never be encouraged by Feerik.
It's a sollution that was created because most Events and Trophies are a CHORE.

That's why I suggest that weekly Trophies should NOT have a time limit.
That's why I suggest timed Adventure Trophies should be doable with 60 Energy.
That's why I suggest Events should be less time consuming.

---
6 - Sorry but no. It's not a slippery slope.
Knowing that Feerik cares for all your old cards will make players trust Feerik more and more likely to spend money.
It doesn't really matter if Feerik manages to actually balance them perfectly on the 1st, 10th or 100th try.

I want Feerik to TRY.
Players need to believe Feerik is a team of passionate developers - not greedy businessmen.

If players think their collection means something to Feerik because cards keep getting updated, then Eredan will become 100x better and those players are ALOT more likely to spend money on it.

I'm not saying Feerik is evil.
I'm saying whoever is handling business is either very greedy or extremely narrow-minded.

I'd have to agree with Nurvus on this, I know at least 10 members, in my guild that are ftp, that would buy in a heartbeat if they dropped the boosters by 30%.

I want to say more things, but I do think the business model will end up costing feerik in the long run.  at this rate I give it 2 years tops, if they even enacted half of what Nurvus is talking about I believe, they could end up making the business grow 10 fold if not more within that time.  I already have had 10 friends stop playing within the last 3 months...and if I didn't really enjoy the game mechanics and the people on this game I would have went with...and I spend a lot more money than I should on this game monthly.

I do have to say it would wise for them to have a test server with all the cards available for testing, and test new cards on those servers and let several hundred or more, if not several thousands, test players test out new cards vs old cards, or a mixture there of, well basically test the game play balance.  Of course you would need to setup a feedback area either directly through the server games mail/message function, or via the forums.  but it would help in bounds in recognizing what is OP and what isn't, then that could lead to simpler adjustments to the new cards before release.  because you can't understand the new cards without fighting decks that use old cards...

#9 28-11-2012 04:25:11

Ryken
stupid donkey
Lieu : A room with a moose.

Nurvus a écrit :

The discussion ended here.

#10 28-11-2012 07:48:18

MerlinCross
Guémélite

Ryken a écrit :
Nurvus a écrit :

Why?

Adventure mode - made to have players try new decks. But Bosses are unbeatable.

#11 28-11-2012 11:22:12

Nurvus
Gardien

Ryken a écrit :
Nurvus a écrit :

Not sure if you mean it in a good or bad way.

Just in case you quoted it out of context - happens alot - I'll clarify:
I said what I said because you should never be rewarded for NOT playing.

Being able to pay Feez to get Trophies/Events directly without actually doing them is NOT playing.

Dernière modification par Nurvus (28-11-2012 11:24:02)

#12 28-11-2012 13:25:23

Ryken
stupid donkey
Lieu : A room with a moose.

Nurvus a écrit :
Ryken a écrit :
Nurvus a écrit :

Not sure if you mean it in a good or bad way.

Just in case you quoted it out of context - happens alot - I'll clarify:
I said what I said because you should never be rewarded for NOT playing.

Being able to pay Feez to get Trophies/Events directly without actually doing them is NOT playing.

Yeah. Pretty much sums it up.

#13 28-11-2012 14:14:34

Vantinal
Voyageur

@ Nurvus:  Feerik should be grateful that someone takes the time and energy to give such constructive criticism!

The way I look at it Feerik has created this game with in the back of their mind: what if people will not pay for it? So they create 'incentives' for people to spend money (not being able to sell cards, for example and we all know there are more).

It is based upon fear, and we have a saying in my country: fear is the worst councillor.

None of my friends (all enthousiastic cardgamers) play this game as they feel they HAVE TO pay money. And they all have played and are still playing CCG's, and spend money on it!

If Feerik becomes aware that by creating a fun game for everyone, the money will come. Players will happily spend (a little) money to have more fun on such a game. And I think that many small amounts are better than a few big ones.

How to make it more fun: the forum is full of great ideas, free for grabs!

#14 28-11-2012 21:12:30

Stormholt
Eredanien
Lieu : Votorantim,São Paulo
Site Web

Stormholt a écrit :

Dimizar, why we don't see this on the game?

So? No one from staff will answer?

E meu nome não é SHIRLEY!

Eredan-->> Storm Videos <<--Videos

#15 28-11-2012 21:20:48

Alexander_Broschell
Voyageur

+1, I forwared your post to the German players

#16 28-11-2012 21:55:58

Natarion
Guémélite

+1 from another german, but I have not much hope

#17 30-11-2012 01:31:28

Teremune
Habitant de Guem

+1 to keep thread going!!

#18 30-11-2012 09:18:24

IDKant
Guild Leader

I forwared your post to the French players.

#19 01-12-2012 19:39:44

Kayakos
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : Allemagne/Germany

+1, really thats nice!

Knock knock.
Who's there?
DARKNEEEESSSS

#20 10-12-2012 20:49:22

Ochrasy
Campeur

+1 c'mon c'mon

#21 11-12-2012 14:31:52

hitomo
Campeur

I dont know, I seem to play a totaly different game then OP

Nurvus a écrit :

Players can get impulsive and you know it, and marketing schemes that take advantage of this are dishonest and despicable, and players realize it sooner or later.
You do much more for your business in the long run if you earn trust from your customers.

this is your only argument against how Feerik is runing the game: its dishonest

but in reality this game only exists because its a marketing scheme that take advantage of the fact that
players can get impulsive

if they would make more money by offering the gane in a different way, they would do ...

but what you dont need to do is wasting all your time on explaining thoughts and strategys to people that apparently speaking a totaly different language ...

regards

#22 11-12-2012 19:24:20

Nurvus
Gardien

Maybe I do.
TCGs are run by the community.
Feerik will make alot more money by investing in an honest system that builds the sense of community, than they will with petty schemes to make quick money.

Pied de page des forums