Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#26 29-11-2012 16:53:10

catcatcat
Habitant de Guem

Re : November 29th: Wake The Guardian of the Council Up!

NightmareJoke a écrit :
catcatcat a écrit :
NightmareJoke a écrit :

can't you stop your egocentricity just for a while ?
that's becoming annoying...

Dude, he's right about everything just ask him.

Didn't say he is wrong. Most of the time I agree with the content of threads he creates.
But.. huh... Nurvus almost makes a new thread weekly, when something bothers him. and when Feerik does something, if there's a 1% problem, you can be sure there will be a thread, or a post where he says "wut ? you didn't take my thread into account ? you're going into the wall Feerik !"
One time or two is okay, every damn time is annoying, and it won't help anyone...

Lol I was agreeing with your original post smile

#27 29-11-2012 16:54:27

magius
Solarian

catcatcat a écrit :
NightmareJoke a écrit :
catcatcat a écrit :

Dude, he's right about everything just ask him.

Didn't say he is wrong. Most of the time I agree with the content of threads he creates.
But.. huh... Nurvus almost makes a new thread weekly, when something bothers him. and when Feerik does something, if there's a 1% problem, you can be sure there will be a thread, or a post where he says "wut ? you didn't take my thread into account ? you're going into the wall Feerik !"
One time or two is okay, every damn time is annoying, and it won't help anyone...

That is the reason why I don't reply to Nurvus's posts anymore. I agree the points he makes but the sheer amount of negative posts are getting annoying, especially it is around the same issues.

Magius [FH] FullHouse Clan

#28 29-11-2012 16:57:55

NightmareJoke
Gardien

catcatcat a écrit :

Oh...
English isn't my mother tongue so I missed the sarcasm ^^"

#29 29-11-2012 17:02:35

John Phoenix
Solarian

Can someone tell me where's the fun on this, please? Since than my best friend invited me to try the biggest MMORPG of the story, that I think that I don't need to say the name,  and I do it, I'm getting more certain, day after day, that leaves Eredan is the right thing to do. I really don't want to leave, but this game already lost all the fun sense a long, long time ago.

Luto pelas antigas cartas foil. Eternas saudades de um colecionador aficionado.

#30 29-11-2012 17:17:28

Nurvus
Gardien

I only make threads about problems that stay exactly the same (or worse).

I don't think my ideas are perfect. You know why?
Because I present multiple sollutions to the same problem.
If I present multiple sollutions to the same problem, it's because I acknowledge each of my suggestions is imperfect.

But I'm absolutely positive any of the suggestions will make the game alot better than the current design philosophy Feerik adopts towards player time and money.
It's quite disrespectful to make things all about super luck, super grind, being rich, or the 3 combined.

If I care about the game, what should I do, if Feerik keeps making the same mistakes?
Make 1 thread and bump it over and over again?
Ignore the problem?
Just leave?

You will rarely see me QQing about card X or Y.
You see me complaining about design behind the events, behind the card releases, behind the maintenance of the game game.

I rarely post complaints.
I post suggestions - constructive criticism.
If I'm posting a suggestion, it means I care about the game, and that is the positive part of my post.

Dernière modification par Nurvus (29-11-2012 17:24:59)

#31 29-11-2012 17:18:56

Col.Beowulf
Guémélite

Does energy not build back up anymore? I've been stuck at 4 since I got there....nothing. Its been like twenty minutes. The random bosses on this event means you can never be prepared to know what your fighting against and some of them (Champion, Amnezy) are just impossible to beat. Try again Fee'rik.

#32 29-11-2012 17:31:08

free_seller
Habitant de Guem

i have to face hlimir ice elf dude on the solar mission,,,,good job feerik!!!(fyi this is sarcastic,lol)

#33 29-11-2012 17:40:19

Ellias
Habitant de Guem

Are there even any runic decks that stand a chance against any boss? Preferably inexpensive because I hate the runics and don't really want to invest any time or money in making a deck I will never use again

Edit.
Also, what decks from the other guilds are good against bosses? I know demonic portal, eclipse, I already got the mec. one with a thea deck. I'm going to do pirate craftsmen probably. Maybe imperial for kotoba but I don't ever beat any bosses with other guilds.

Dernière modification par Ellias (29-11-2012 17:44:50)

#34 29-11-2012 17:43:47

Nurvus
Gardien

I think a very good bet is making a Queen Aelide deck where 1 of the characters is of the apropriate guild.

So include Ramen if you're doing Kotoba trophy, etc.

Nevermind the above.
All 3 characters must be from the guild sad

Dernière modification par Nurvus (29-11-2012 17:46:07)

#35 29-11-2012 17:45:51

Ellias
Habitant de Guem

Nurvus a écrit :

I think a very good bet is making a Queen Aelide deck where 1 of the characters is of the apropriate guild.

It needs to be all 3 of the guild. Hahahahahahaha.

Hysterical Freerik

#36 29-11-2012 17:46:25

Nurvus
Gardien

Yeah, just realized xD

#37 29-11-2012 17:51:53

Nurvus
Gardien

My demonic portal deck consisted of:
Almaria (also great against the demon boss because she takes -1 damage, negating most of his direct damage every turn)
Iron Mask
Amidaraxar (would probably use Edrianne instead if I had her)

Used 3 recycle magic and break the second chain
Sentence too
Rest is perversion, etc, the usual

Will probably try to use a SARAH deck for pirates, dragon knight deck for noz, temple guardian for nomad (not sure), etc.

Dernière modification par Nurvus (29-11-2012 17:55:29)

#38 29-11-2012 18:03:08

pseudo7
Gardien

Ellias a écrit :
Nurvus a écrit :

It needs to be all 3 of the guild. Hahahahahahaha.

Hysterical Freerik

courtesans count as????

3 is to much!!!

#39 29-11-2012 18:05:39

Vantinal
Voyageur

Just some ideas to finish this, all with a big 'maybe'.

Nehantists: DMR/Portal
Pirates: S.A.R.A.H
Mercs: Queen Aelide deck
Kotoba: Guem Tracker (and Wanted)
Zil: Discard
Nomads: Eclipse

Those are decks I can think off that might be able to finish some bosses off.

Runics? I thought there is a Craftsman deck, might do the trick.
Noz? No idea really, don't play them much.
Sap? Probably IHAS?

Admittedly: it is will be hard to finish as a new player, without spending feez. I don't mind spending a little money every now and then to be honest, but this event I will probably not spend anything.

#40 29-11-2012 18:26:53

YeaHrzOO
Voyageur

for runic i did it with Neixiriam
now im aiming for noz with compendiom discard
any other ideas for sap ?? maybe tanking wreckwood

Dernière modification par YeaHrzOO (29-11-2012 18:33:28)

Sorry for my english tongue

#41 29-11-2012 19:20:24

scorvos74
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : U.S.A.

Col.Beowulf a écrit :

Does energy not build back up anymore? I've been stuck at 4 since I got there....nothing. Its been like twenty minutes. The random bosses on this event means you can never be prepared to know what your fighting against and some of them (Champion, Amnezy) are just impossible to beat. Try again Fee'rik.

Happens to me some times two, you points are still accumulating it is just not displaying.  a refresh of the page fixes it for me.

#42 29-11-2012 20:28:09

John Phoenix
Solarian

This is ridiculous.

Luto pelas antigas cartas foil. Eternas saudades de um colecionador aficionado.

#43 29-11-2012 20:38:20

Brzost
Habitant de Guem

just faced amnezy. used 3 favors for +5 atk and beat her with nebsen priests, this is insane but funny tongue

#44 29-11-2012 20:45:17

Nurvus
Gardien

Okay, used Queen for mercenary, demonic portal for nehantists.
Next is Noz:
a) eternal arkalon, dragon's wit + iaido + chimera, health potion (<3)
b) Bomzar, dragon's wit + paladin's hammer, cursed black crown and stuff like that

Pirates will try SARAH

#45 29-11-2012 21:02:06

hotfoot
Habitant de Guem

Just ran into amnezy while running my corruption deck after waiting for my energy to recharge to 10.. Feerik you realize that 90% of the time she is going to just make us waste our energy and time right? Take her out of the Boss rotation please.

Dernière modification par hotfoot (29-11-2012 21:04:22)

#46 29-11-2012 22:20:24

Kilanjared
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : Colorado, USA

How long do you think it'll be before they nerf these axioms?  I mean, not only the Guardian but Foamy and Sarah as well turn into tanks...

#47 29-11-2012 22:34:26

pikadusk
Habitant de Guem

Nurvus a écrit :

Okay, used Queen for mercenary, demonic portal for nehantists.
Next is Noz:
a) eternal arkalon, dragon's wit + iaido + chimera, health potion (<3)
b) Bomzar, dragon's wit + paladin's hammer, cursed black crown and stuff like that

Pirates will try SARAH

Does Bomzar really need dragon`s wit since he is a golem?

If you want to find me in game you will have to look for my real name.  Sap/Nomad/Zil user.

#48 29-11-2012 22:40:50

doctordeath
Voyageur

Martl a écrit :

Again a great event, with nice change to get everything in a decent amount of time and the possibility to buy a booster for direct sucess. Good job Feerik!
It seems the complains from the past event were heard.

Are you being sarcastic?  This is hands-down the WORST event they have EVERY posted.  They put random bosses, many of whom have to be beaten in a PARTICULAR way.  That's fine as a sort of puzzle to riddle out in adventure mode when you have to figure out what the boss does and what will and will not work against him, but to get a different random boss every time is ridiculous! 

Throw in that you can only use 3 like-guilded characters
AND have to use a different guild to get each axiom,
AND that you aren't even guaranteed an axiom when you are lucky enough to get a random boss that matches up well for your particular deck,
AND that you have to burn 10 energy for each attempt,
AND that you only have 5 days for all these random things to happen to fall in your favor 9 different times
AND that you still have to figure out a way to beat the Guardian at the end within the same 5-day limit.

That's SEVEN different obstacles that Feerik put in the way of being able to finish this event.  Any 5 of them would be MORE than challenging enough.  All together it is nearly impossible to do without a LOT of luck.  Unfortunately this entire event is weighed more heavily on LUCK than skill or strategy.

#49 29-11-2012 22:49:10

doctordeath
Voyageur

Jisay a écrit :

Hi Everyone,

As you probably noticed this event will grant you not less than 10 Reward cards as the 9 Axioms and the Golem.

If you don't have any way to play all the guild and don't wan't to spend any fee'z you can anyway get rewarded for all the guild you play often. That's in this spirit we made this event to let you people have fun againt bosses from actual mission but from some old events too.

Thanks for the feedback that help us to improve our events.

@Nuvus i sent you an email yesterday feel free to read it and answer if you wan't.
Thanks for the feedback that help us to improve our events.

Really?  I CHALLENGE YOU to create an average collection of Eredan cards and construct 9 decks (one of each guild) and try to finish this event yourself.  I don't think that you would be able to do it in less than a month without using Feez, if even then.  I suggest that with future events the Feerik staff themselves test them offline in a beta mode to see if they are actually doable for the average player.

#50 29-11-2012 22:58:06

Ellias
Habitant de Guem

So. Why is this event bad? why is any event bad? Let's use psychology!

Burnout. It's a concept that is used to calculate the productivity of workers and the likelihood that they will quit. This is calculated on a bi-linear continuum, on one hand you have control-ability. This event has very low control because not only do you not get an automatic reward by completing a task but the task that you have to complete is randomized. Granted this even gives a better feel of control as to when you get the item than the hrmimir event which didn't let you know percentages.

The other factor is stress. Time consuming events like this make people frustrated and quit. Also, the difficulty of an event  such as trying to beat Amnezy with a discard deck is frustrating and will also increase burnout. This is why the stranger event was disliked, because nobody could figure out the riddles because they were not constant, thereby increasing stress.

One way, in jobs, that is effective for short amounts of time is to increase pay (in most cases). This event has a lot of cards that you can earn but none of them are really very good. People would prefer one really good card to a dozen cards they will never use again. That being said the payment for a reward does not always have to be tangible, it could be the enjoyment of the event. Introducing new, fun play tactics or reviving old ones livens up the game and therefore the game is played for fun rather than to complete a task. This is why so many people liked pokeredan.

Theya's event has been said to have been the best event because it had high control, low stress, and high rewards in that theya is awesome.

I understand that you guys are in the end trying to make money as well as provide us with a service so to maximize profit from these events I get that you need to compromise. The best way to do this is with the foot in the door technique. You have been good at doing this normally, have a low cost prize and a high cost prize. For this to work effectively neither prize can be terrible (like most of these items are) because the reward is not seen as high enough for the work. Ideally, however, like Theya (and like this event) the second card should be related to the first in some way. If this is done the player will feel like he has put a lot of effort toward the big prize even if it was originally for the little prize and will be more likely to pay to complete it. That being said the event has to be possible to complete for free otherwise people will get angry and view your company as greedy and that increases stress and therefore burnout.

If you work around these basic principals not only will the events be more fun for us but you will get more money during them because people will not quit playing them and you will have fewer players quit in general, thereby increasing your total income over time.

I'll stop ranting now.

Pied de page des forums