Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 04-07-2012 08:10:41

magius
Solarian

WitchBlade Fan Thread

As you can guess, I have been a fan of Witchblade since its inception. Although it is still not as powerful as Demon Hunters or Tsoutai, it is a fun deck to play.

Why not all of us Witchblade fan give some ideas?

From the general cards released from Witchblades, I gather that Witchblades will always have lower min, higher max attack stats. Working with the general design of WitchBlades and since Helena is outdated, here are my suggestions:

WitchBlade's Luck
Noz - Unique - Rare
Mage - Light Spell
WitchBlade

Your WitchBlades have higher chance at dealing maximum physical and magical damage.

Opposing characters have lower chance at dealing maximum physical and magical damage.

This card cannot be removed. Permanent.

Helena, the WitchBlade - Level 3
Noz - Human - Rare
Witchblade - Marauder - Mage

Attack +1 against Mages.

At the beginning of the game, a WitchBlade Luck from your deck is attached to Helena, the WitchBlade.

Your other WitchBlades have +1 to minimum physical and magical attack.

Spirit: 2
Attack: 2/12
Defense: 1
Health: 14

Turn 1, 3, 4 and 6: +1 to physical and magical attack

Who needs luck when you have me? XXX

WitchBlade's Hex
Noz - Uncommon
Mage - Light Spell
WitchBlade

Duration: 3 turns.

All characters have min Attack = 0.

Final Strike
Noz - Action - Rare
Marauder
WitchBlade

Defense = 0.

Your character deals maximum physical damage.

Blowing a Kiss
Noz - Action - Rare
WitchBlade

Duration: 2 Turns

Opposing male characters suffer -2 to Attack, Spirit and Defense.

Who says sex appeal never works?

WitchBlade's Grimoraire
Noz - Item - Book - Common
WitchBlade

You character gains chain when playing Draconic, Light and Water Spells.

Permanent.

The Power of Three
Noz- Rare - Unique
Mage - Light Spell
WitchBlade
Duration: 3 Turns

If three of your WitchBlades are still alive, counter the first card played by all of opposing characters.

If any of your WitchBlade dies, this card is discarded.

Glimpse of the Future
Noz - Uncommon
Mage - Mental Spell
WitchBlade
Duration: 3 Fights

As this card activates and at the beginning of each fight, draw 1 additional card. Until the end of turn, +1 Spirit if the card drawn is a Spell, +1 Attack if it is an Action, +1 Defense if it is an Item.

One random card from your hand will be discarded.

Explosive Light
Noz - Rare
Mage - Light Spell - AoE
WitchBlade

The opposing character suffers X+4 magic damage, where X equals to the number of alive WitchBlades.

Other opposing characters suffer 4 magic damage.

Telekinetic Control
Noz - Rare
Mage - Mental Spell
WitchBlade

Opposing character loses his attack bonus. Your character gains half of the attack bonus lost this way (rounded up).

Dernière modification par magius (28-08-2012 10:42:57)

Magius [FH] FullHouse Clan

#2 04-07-2012 09:20:55

Ale_F
Guémélite

Re : WitchBlade Fan Thread

Nice cards. I really like Helena and it's effect (picking a Witchblade's Luck from the deck).

Only a point about one text: "Witchblade's Hex" is permanent or it remain on the field for three turns?

#3 04-07-2012 09:32:00

magius
Solarian

Ale_F a écrit :

Nice cards. I really like Helena and it's effect (picking a Witchblade's Luck from the deck).

Only a point about one text: "Witchblade's Hex" is permanent or it remain on the field for three turns?

Ahh... it only remains in the field for 3 turns. I should remove the word permanent there smile

I kinda like the whole luck thingy with WitchBlades (since they have bigger difference between min and max attack). But unfortunately, their attack are quite unreliable currently with the design (especially with [card]Dexterity[/card]). They should have some sort of ability to improve their chances against the enemies.

#4 04-07-2012 12:33:24

Nurvus
Gardien

I think Helena should stay a little truer to her original effects.

Order Bonus: Just make it closer to the original card -> Increases damage dealt by 1 and by an additional 1 if the opposing character is at max health.

Special ability: What's the point of a unremovable card that is picked up by Helena at the start of the game? Just put that effect on the character...

And chances... I hate chances... just make Helena increase the minimum physical and magical damage of your Witchblades by 1.

Another effect is missing: +X Attack for each of your other Noz Mages.
Could be +2 Max Attack instead of +1 Attack, though, to play better with [card]Light blow[/card] and such.

Other than that, I totally agree Helena should be a WitchBlade.

Final Strike doesn't need to kill your character. Reducing defense to 0 is already a good enough penalty.

Dernière modification par Nurvus (04-07-2012 12:39:54)

#5 04-07-2012 17:06:31

goscar
Guémélite

Like them all but the only real card that needs a little change is the last one. Final Strike should not kill the character at the end of the turn.

Dragon Knights ftw big_smile

#6 05-07-2012 04:46:47

elmariachi17
Campeur

The thing about WB is that their order bonuses, considering it is an aggro deck, is very weak. Pathetic actually

Assuming you have initiative, the first 3 turns is: Anazra, Ylliana, Naya.
1st turn Anazra is .... +1 def. Consider other aggro decks, Souchi +4 max, Saphyra attack=9/12, Yu Ling SP and Attack +1, don't let me start on Kotori.... etc and you get the idea.
Second turn, well, you can say goodbye to naya's order and expect Ylliana's 95% of the time. Thus, total bonus from order ( first 3 turns) is +1 def, +1 attack.

If opponent starts first: Naya, Ylliana, Anazra. Total Bonus is +1 attack.
Admiral's bonus alone is +2 attack, +2 def, so yeah.

Fact is, WB need a better order. Also, a character that gives +1 Spirit to all chars would also be nice smile

#7 05-07-2012 07:59:50

magius
Solarian

Nurvus a écrit :

I think Helena should stay a little truer to her original effects.

Order Bonus: Just make it closer to the original card -> Increases damage dealt by 1 and by an additional 1 if the opposing character is at max health.

Another effect is missing: +X Attack for each of your other Noz Mages.
Could be +2 Max Attack instead of +1 Attack, though, to play better with [card]Light blow[/card] and such.

Since she is now a WitchBlade, I think we should try to revamp her to give unique offering to the WitchBlades?

Having said that, -2 to Min Attack is throwing the WitchBlades too much into the realm of uncertainty. For that it is adjusted to what you have suggested below: +1 to minimum physical and magical damage. That is good enough effect on her without getting too OP. I have also adjusted her attack to 2/11 and Spirit to 2 (since she has gained a Mage class), with the other WitchBlades, it will potentially boost to 3/14. Turn bonus: 5/16.

Perhaps I should tone down the Turn Order as well to Turn 6 or less. But hey, let us dream about this wink.

Nurvus a écrit :

Special ability: What's the point of a unremovable card that is picked up by Helena at the start of the game? Just put that effect on the character...

This is to allow more versatility in deck building. People do not need to play Helena the WitchBlade if they don't have to, but they still can use WitchBlade's Luck. In addition, pulling card from the deck will thin the deck, hence greater chance for you to draw the cards you want.

In addition, it will also encourage people to play Helena since WitchBlade's Luck is unique.

Nurvus a écrit :

And chances... I hate chances... just make Helena increase the minimum physical and magical damage of your Witchblades by 1.

That is so... boring. I think "luck" mechanism is not explored by Eredan and what better area to explore it than in WitchBlade? They have [card]Dexterity[/card] already that boost their attack to spectacular level but fall short when the "dice roll" is made.

WitchBlade's Luck will be a cool unique mechanism to this caste. If people dislike it, they can choose not to use it and disregard Helena, the WitchBlade. With WitchBlade's Luck, I think this kind of deck will stand a "chance" against other decks smile At least there is a unique mechanism to WitchBlade.

Nurvus a écrit :

Final Strike doesn't need to kill your character. Reducing defense to 0 is already a good enough penalty.

Sounds good!

elmariachi17 a écrit :

The thing about WB is that their order bonuses, considering it is an aggro deck, is very weak. Pathetic actually

That is very true. WitchBlade was one of the original castes in Eredan. So they can only have update in terms of cards they have (unless Feerik adjust the cards, which is highly unlikely). Hopefully with WitchBlade's Luck, their ELO capability will improve dramatically.

I have also adjusted WitchBlade's Luck to not to be Action. I believe it should be a Light Spell as Luck is not really an Action.

More cards to come soon.

Dernière modification par magius (05-07-2012 08:15:07)

#8 06-07-2012 08:15:40

magius
Solarian

Blowing a Kiss
Noz - Action - Rare
WitchBlade

Duration: 2 Turns

Opposing male characters suffer -2 to Attack, Spirit and Defense.

Who says sex appeal never works?

WitchBlade's Grimoraire
Noz - Item - Book - Rare
WitchBlade

You character gains chain when playing Draconic, Light and Water Spells.

Permanent.

#9 06-07-2012 12:33:51

Nurvus
Gardien

Magius, Dexterity is made for:
Offensive - Light blow
Defensive - Secret Weapon

They have ways to counter their randomness.

My suggestion for Final Strike:
Final Flash

Spell Light
Physical and Magical damage you deal will equal their Max values.
Aw my eye!

My final suggestion for Helena the WitchBlade:
Helena the WitchBlade
Marauder - Human
Spirit 2
Attack 2/12
Defense 1
Health 14

Witchblade
Attack +1 against Mages.
+1 to Min Physical and Min Magical damage dealt by your WitchBlades.
Turns 1, 3 and 6: +1 to Max Physical and Max Magical damage dealt by "Helena the WitchBlade", plus another +1 if the opponent is at Max Health.

The +1 to Min damage changes Mentalism into a 5 damage spell and Rain of Death into a Spirit +4 to 8 damage spell.

The +1 to Max damage from Turn Order changes Mentalism damage into 4 to 5 (4 to 6 at opponent max health) and Rain of Death damage into Spirit +3 to 9 (Spirit +3 to 10 at opponent max health).

Final Strike would make you deal the max damage values, including the bonus from Helena's Turn Order.

Dernière modification par Nurvus (06-07-2012 12:46:56)

#10 06-07-2012 16:59:42

magius
Solarian

Nurvus a écrit :

Magius, Dexterity is made for:
Offensive - Light blow
Defensive - Secret Weapon
They have ways to counter their randomness.

I understand the interaction the current setup offers. However, there is only 3 [card]Light Blow[/card] that you can have and it is hard to chain into IMHO. Witchblade's Luck will aid in this area.

I am trying to introduce a new concept to WitchBlades, that is they can affect positively affect the outcome of randomness through their 'luck' ability.

Of course there will be times they still strike at lower attack value but that will occur less times than the positive outcome.

I seek to introduce new mechanism to the game, while complementing existing ones.

Nurvus a écrit :

My suggestion for Final Strike:
Final Flash
Spell Light
Physical and Magical damage you deal will equal their Max values.
Aw my eye!

Personally I think that will be overpowered in terms of card design. Imagine if Helena  with [card]WitchBlade Armor[/card] is pumped to 4/16 = Max attack 16. As this is a light spell, she can chain it to Rain of Death (and if with WitchBlade Armor, her Spirit is at 3), [card]Rain of Death[/card] will result in maximum 10 damage. Total damage = 26. Too powerful.

It is going to be either Max attack OR Max magical damage. I am designing the magic part now but will not duplicate what Final Strike is.

Nurvus a écrit :

My final suggestion for Helena the WitchBlade:
Helena the WitchBlade
Marauder - Mage - Human
Spirit 2
Attack 2/12
Defense 1
Health 14
Witchblade
Attack +1 against Mages.
+1 to Min Physical and Min Magical damage dealt by your WitchBlades.
Turns 1, 3 and 6: +1 to Max Physical and Max Magical damage dealt by "Helena the WitchBlade", plus another +1 if the opponent is at Max Health.

Forgotten about the Marauder ability smile I will add that. Again, I would like to introduce WitchBlade's Luck with her. I will incorporate your suggestion on the order but I think for now her order ability is fine (except for the decision on the Turn). Else it will become a wall of text, which is not that nice on a card.

Will update the cards later on.

#11 10-07-2012 14:05:44

Nurvus
Gardien

Your scenario with final flash/final strike is simply the way things go these days.

With a Witchblade Deck, if you don't kill by turns 4, 5 or 6, you're probably gonna lose.

With Witchblade Armor, you're on turns 4, 5 or 6.
Without Witchblade Armor, you lose 1 atk and 1 spirit, and will be much less likely to kill.

In any case, my Final Strike without your Witchblade's Luck is less OP than your Final Strike + your Witchblade's Luck.

Because with your Witchblade's Luck, you still have a higher chance of dealing max damage, and you can chain Witchblade's Armor + Rain of Death and have great odds of dealing maximum damage, while taking minimum damage from enemy.

With my suggestion at least you are forced to play a specific combo to ensure max results.

Dernière modification par Nurvus (10-07-2012 14:16:26)

#12 28-08-2012 09:49:30

magius
Solarian

EDIT: Opps, realised Telekinetic Control is quite OP. Updated with half the effect

New cards added inspired by Charmed:

The Power of Three
Noz- Rare - Unique
Mage - Light Spell
WitchBlade
Duration: 3 Turns

If three of your WitchBlades are still alive, counter the first card played by all of opposing characters.

If any of your WitchBlade dies, this card is discarded.

Glimpse of the Future
Noz - Uncommon
Mage - Mental Spell
WitchBlade
Duration: 3 Fights

As this card activates and at the beginning of each fight, draw 1 additional card. Until the end of turn, +1 Spirit if the card drawn is a Spell, +1 Attack if it is an Action, +1 Defense if it is an Item.

One random card from your hand will be discarded.

Explosive Light
Noz - Rare
Mage - Light Spell - AoE
WitchBlade

The opposing character suffers X+4 magic damage, where X equals to the number of alive WitchBlades.

Other opposing characters suffer 4 magic damage.

Telekinetic Control
Noz - Rare
Mage - Mental Spell
WitchBlade

Opposing character loses his attack bonus. Your character gains half the attack bonus lost this way (rounded up).

Dernière modification par magius (28-08-2012 10:00:47)

#13 24-11-2012 21:11:02

pedroEX
Ptit nouveau

Hi i am a fan of witchblades too, those ideas of yours are awesome!
I have suggestion's too. what you think of a new witchblade character with an ability like this:

"At the start of the game, a [card]The Dragon's Awakening[/card] of your deck is attached to each one of your witchblades."

This way they can chain with [card]Crystal Dragon[/card] and make [card]The Dragon's Awakening[/card] useful and a bunch of other nice things.
Of course this would be powerful but [card]The Dragon's Awakening[/card] can be detached, so this isn't a way to make a new dragon knight deck or something like that.
If needed it could be an order bonus or have some drawback.

Or an ability like this:

"+1 to effects of light spells."

Or like this:

"Until the end of the game,non-damage spells played by your witchblades will trigger the non-multiclass effects."

This will increase the overall effectiveness of spells and make possible a wider range of strategies.

Or at last:

"All light spells spells played by your witchblades have the duration Increased by 1 turn."   

Sorry for any grammar or punctuation mistakes.
I want to hear your opinions.

Dernière modification par pedroEX (15-12-2012 19:34:50)

"Never apologize for being yourself".

Pied de page des forums