Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#26 20-11-2012 13:52:16

Nurvus
Gardien

Re : Thoughts for Feerik

Calandra, in games like magic the gathering or Pokemon, the truly bad hands were those without lands or energy, wich usually would also be your fault when building the deck.

In Yu-Gi-Oh, every card was playable, like in Eredan.

Eredan, unlike the MtG, Pokemon or Yugioh, is not a TCG - it's an iTCG, wich means they can edit cards whenever they want.
Eredan doesn't spend weeks balancing cards before releasing them, wich means they SHOULD edit cards often to balance them.

Don't get me wrong, though: Eredan was great at the start - fun and challenging. Lots of competitive decks. Games didn't feel like a win/loss as soon as you started. Each fight was a box of surprises.

And I'm not talking about the time when I didn't know all the cards.
Even after I knew all the cards, I had lots of fun combos to think about.
Now every combo is decided for us.

And while in the beginning there were 4 Guilds and LOADS of playable decks, now EVERYONE uses the same 5 decks, and it's all about 3rd, 2nd or even 1st turn wins.

How can you explain that the more cards are released, less decks are competitive?

Feerik is destroying the mystery of fights.

Feerik has absolutely NO excuse to let cards become useless or let cards stay OP.
Players have provided lots of WORKING suggestions on how to fix it.

Someone suggested to limit the number of Unique cards per deck.
I suggested Elite, Rank or Ranked Elite and Power stats..
I also suggested splitting AoE into Greater, AoE and Greater AoE.

All of the suggestions would make it EASIER for Feerik to balance everything.
I'm beginning to think Feerik doesn't want cards to be balanced.
I'm beginning to think Feerik thinks players will spend more money if they release more powerful cards.
This topic is an attempt to show Feerik that their design philosophy is wrong.

Dernière modification par Nurvus (20-11-2012 14:00:30)

#27 20-11-2012 15:02:47

Zurga
Modérateur Eredan

Nurvus a écrit :

And while in the beginning there were 4 Guilds and LOADS of playable decks

At the beginning, there were only 3 guilds.
And lot of decks means lot of inefficient decks like today.
The top decks were 3 : One for the Noz, one for the Kotoba and one for the Zil.
The 20 cards list for all theses decks were known and almost no change occurs between the top decks weeks after week.

Actually, you can do lot more decks than at this time.

Collectionneur de cartes

#28 20-11-2012 15:07:10

Nurvus
Gardien

The 4th is the Mercenary guild, and I'm not talking about the very beginning anyway.
I started playing about 2-3 months after the game was out, I think.

The ability to make more decks is an illusion, right now.
In the earlier days of Eredan, the best decks weren't astronomically better than the others.
Furthermore, within the each deck, the best card list wasn't astronomically better than the others.

Even though there are alot more cards now than back then, each deck has alot more mandatory cards and less room for creativity than before.

Sure, now you have a higher card limit, but each extra card you add, is lower chance to draw the cards you need.

Dernière modification par Nurvus (20-11-2012 15:13:33)

#29 20-11-2012 15:13:11

Zurga
Modérateur Eredan

Mercenary never was a guild and they still not are a guild.

Collectionneur de cartes

#30 20-11-2012 15:22:38

Nurvus
Gardien

Zurga a écrit :

Mercenary never was a guild and they still not are a guild.

Lorewise they're not a guild, but in the game they are.
[card]Confab[/card] counts Mercenaries as Guild.
Marketplace and Collection lists Mercenaries as Guild.

But I'm not here to discuss technicalities - you understood exactly what I meant.

My point is simple:
1 - New releases tend to make deck lists more tight (less room for creativity) due to new OP key cards.
If the new key cards weren't so much stronger than the old key cards, that wouldn't happen.
2 - Feerik apparently can't (or won't) balance cards well enough before releasing them, and causes great ripples across all older decks, ruining alot of them.
3 - Eredan is not a TCG, cards aren't printed. It's an iTCG.
4 - Taking 1, 2 and 3 into account, Feerik needs to tweak cards more often.
Very small tweaks.

Players don't like Eredan because they can trample everyone with the newest OP deck.
Players have fun being creative, playing unseen decks.

If you stop releasing OP cards and keep tweaking cards to make more of them useful so that players can make loads of different decks...
...players will once again have fun facing decks they've never seen.
...players will have fun losing fights they thought they'd win, and winning fights they thought they'd lose.

You'll bring back the real Eredan.

Are you honestly going to tell me that making as many cards in the game useful is a bad thing?
I mean the interesting cards that never get used.
Those who had the potential to be fun, but never got anywhere:
- The Sachem, Cerebral Crook, The Howls, Backstab, etc...
Those who used to be good but fell behind:
- Valentin, Zahal, Poukos, Emperor's Speech, Wakizashi, etc...

Dernière modification par Nurvus (25-11-2012 14:58:06)

#31 20-11-2012 15:34:07

Zurga
Modérateur Eredan

Nurvus a écrit :

This one made my day.

You really think that people play for creativity ?
Did you read the number of thread in deck and strategy with "Hey guys, I have 10 crystals, give me the deck list to top ELO" ?

For one player who like being creative, you find one thousand just follower.

For the rest, I aggree with you, there should be have more tweak on old card and less power in new ones.

Collectionneur de cartes

#32 20-11-2012 15:36:05

Nurvus
Gardien

Zurga a écrit :
Nurvus a écrit :

This one made my day.

Did you read the number of thread in deck and strategy with "Hey guys, I have 10 crystals, give me the deck list to top ELO" ?

For the rest, I aggree with you, there should be have more tweak on old card and less power in new ones.

I'll get back to this later.
That made my day too.

#33 20-11-2012 16:51:14

mrmutantlarry
Habitant de Guem

Nurvus a écrit :
Zurga a écrit :
Nurvus a écrit :

This one made my day.

That made my day too.

Can I make one suggestion for people like me who DO like to mess around making many diff decks and dont care about scamming for the elo?  One reason we CANT have fun with deck making is we constantly have to tear our decks down to build new ones, then you cant keep tweaking old decks.  Why cant I have either the same card in multiple decks or at least a 'ghost card' in a deck that will let me remember what card goes there so I dont have to have to use pen and paper to write my decks down... in an online computer game:/  I would say not being able to make and keep decks is one of my biggest annoyance with the game that could be very simply fixed.  As for elo... eh whatever.

#34 20-11-2012 19:38:19

catcatcat
Habitant de Guem

mrmutantlarry a écrit :

Can I make one suggestion for people like me who DO like to mess around making many diff decks and dont care about scamming for the elo?  One reason we CANT have fun with deck making is we constantly have to tear our decks down to build new ones, then you cant keep tweaking old decks.  Why cant I have either the same card in multiple decks or at least a 'ghost card' in a deck that will let me remember what card goes there so I dont have to have to use pen and paper to write my decks down... in an online computer game:/  I would say not being able to make and keep decks is one of my biggest annoyance with the game that could be very simply fixed.  As for elo... eh whatever.

+1 I absolutely can't stand this. I have to type in the name of the card I take out into the name of the deck so I don't forget. What a pain in the dick and not very aesthetically pleasing when I look at the list of my decks.

#35 20-11-2012 20:43:42

Damncaster
Solarian

Zurga a écrit :
Nurvus a écrit :

This one made my day.

That´s exacly the way this game is leading. It´s pressing the idea of massive power and not creation THE EREDAN i knew was all about creation "I still play that eredan" but i can´t fight more than 3 people a day that play the same eredan as me.

No good... No evil... Just a Judge

It´s all about Mastery!

#36 20-11-2012 20:45:16

Damncaster
Solarian

mrmutantlarry a écrit :
Nurvus a écrit :
Zurga a écrit :

This one made my day.

That made my day too.

+ infinit

No good... No evil... Just a Judge

It´s all about Mastery!

#37 21-11-2012 00:22:25

Nurvus
Gardien

Zurga a écrit :
Nurvus a écrit :

This one made my day.

So here I am, back, and I have good news for you!

Everyone starts playing for creativity!
About 1% may may give up right away, but the other 99% build decks, lose/win, tweak the deck and lose/win some more, rinse and repeat. This goes on and on, until the player starts losing too much or too hard, and eventually resorts to following others' decks.
But this only happens because there are like 5 decks that completely blast away all others, making it pointless to try and get creative in deck building!

But you can bet that if Feerik balances cards properly, ALOT of the followers will go back to trying to be creative.

Zurga a écrit :

Thanks. If only Feerik understood this.

Dernière modification par Nurvus (25-11-2012 14:59:19)

#38 21-11-2012 01:38:47

ColdAvril
Habitant de Guem

While I really like the thoughts and efforts you are putting behind your posts; all these colours are a pain for my eyes...

Little known fact: about 8% of mans are colorblind for only O,5% women.

#39 21-11-2012 02:14:00

Nurvus
Gardien

I like rainbows.

This forum's text editing sucks, so, since it's hard to do bullets and whatnot, I just use colors.

Dernière modification par Nurvus (21-11-2012 02:14:36)

#40 21-11-2012 06:22:11

iQuit
Guémélite

derp

Dernière modification par iQuit (21-11-2012 06:33:35)

#41 23-11-2012 03:28:02

Renderak
Voyageur

Nurvus, great posts!

#42 23-11-2012 07:02:35

MerlinCross
Guémélite

Kinda agree. I made a what I think is a decent Tsoutai. Or at least the building blocks of it. Go into PvP and die. Several times over. To the same 4-5 decks. So now, I think, why make a Tsoutai deck at all. Might as well go make a deck that works.

Why make any deck at all other than the top 5? Oh wait there's adventure mode to be creative. That boils down to 3-4 decks for wins. Huh..., gimme a sec need to think how this logic makes sense.

In my mind, it's going to come to the point that most people are using the same decks and the guy that goes first wins.

Adventure mode - made to have players try new decks. But Bosses are unbeatable.

#43 23-11-2012 13:31:25

Nurvus
Gardien

And the fact people only get to be competitive with about 5 decks at a time, makes the game boring.

The game needs to expand ALOT, and allow players to actually build ALOT of different competitive decks.

Furthermore, new cards should complement old card, instead of replacing them.

#44 23-11-2012 14:06:59

iQuit
Guémélite

well , the whole idea of making , like a huge amount of specific decks only used specific cards ( aka achertypes in YGO ) is the reason why there almost no creativity  in the deck-making ( i don't know how to say this )

It takes ages for me to wait for my "achertype" to be updated because there are so many other " achertype" in the game . And the recently updated ones tend to be stronger than the others .

There are many cards in this game , but not many can be used , many old cards a dead , many are restricted to guild/caste/class .

"Hey , look at all the cards

that I cannot use "

Dernière modification par iQuit (23-11-2012 14:07:43)

#45 23-11-2012 18:09:19

MerlinCross
Guémélite

iQuit a écrit :

well , the whole idea of making , like a huge amount of specific decks only used specific cards ( aka achertypes in YGO ) is the reason why there almost no creativity  in the deck-making ( i don't know how to say this )

It takes ages for me to wait for my "achertype" to be updated because there are so many other " achertype" in the game . And the recently updated ones tend to be stronger than the others .

There are many cards in this game , but not many can be used , many old cards a dead , many are restricted to guild/caste/class .

"Hey , look at all the cards

that I cannot use "

^ In a nutshell one of the problems with the game.

#46 23-11-2012 21:09:32

Nurvus
Gardien

If they tweaked old useless cards every release, this wouldn't happen.
On the contrary.

I also think each release should be half guilded, half unguilded, and the unguilded cards should try to be good for many different kinds of decks, like utility cards - deck-fetching like Illumination, etc.

Dernière modification par Nurvus (23-11-2012 21:09:44)

#47 23-11-2012 21:50:44

Keybo1
Ptit nouveau

this game better do something quick i've been loyal for quite some time and kept my mouth shut on most occassions. the fact that its virtually impossible to break 1650 elo without a goddamn legnedary is getting ridiculous.

#48 24-11-2012 14:30:15

Xervos
Habitant de Guem

+1 to your ideas Nurvus...

I really hope they tweak old cards. I don't care if the release of new cards is delay or only minimal if it ensure that it is not OP or bugged.

+1 to mrmutantlarry...

Hope they fix this soon.

I would also like to suggest to make all cards salable... I think this would make some cards prices go down and we would be able to get rid of those piling trash cards we have that are unsalable. (every crystal counts)

For me it not logical making cards unsalable especially in Eredan since its iTCG. IRL there is no unsalable cards.

Well just my thought...

Thorn between light and darkness.

#49 25-11-2012 04:24:45

MerlinCross
Guémélite

Xervos a écrit :

For me it not logical making cards unsalable especially in Eredan since its iTCG. IRL there is no unsalable cards.

Well just my thought...

Heck I sold a card for vending machine money IRL.

#50 25-11-2012 06:47:23

HurricaneMambo
Campeur
Lieu : New Orleans, Louisiana

Keybo1 a écrit :

this game better do something quick i've been loyal for quite some time and kept my mouth shut on most occassions. the fact that its virtually impossible to break 1650 elo without a goddamn legnedary is getting ridiculous.

+1
You're preaching it to the choir, brother.

Dernière modification par HurricaneMambo (25-11-2012 06:47:44)

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace"   -Jimi Hendrix-
"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein-

Eredan ID: Andrew_Cabitac

Pied de page des forums