Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 12-11-2012 20:09:28

Faraoh
Ptit nouveau

Economical terrorism!

I adore this game, have been playing for almost a year now. The problem is that i can't simply create and test all the strategies and cards combinations that come to my mind.Why? Because cards are too damn expensive! There is absolutely NO WAY one can play and enjoy the game without buying A LOT of boosters (not some boosters, A LOT!).
And the most outrageous thing of them all is that from every fight you can gain from 20 to 70 crystals when an average deck costs about 200k! According to my calculations, from every 12 card booster you get about 20k by selling the cards. So,if one were to buy 10 boosters (= 4000 feez= 50 euros) he could gain about 200k crystals, hence be able to build a "good" deck(still not even near ELO standards).
What i want to say is: why bother and give people crystals for their fight if it's SO little?!
I have no problem giving SOME money to the people that run the game, because it's a VERY good game!But I think these 50 euros should be enough, whereas one can only afford very mediocre decks with them (and not even many of them).
So, that's what i propose:
First solution: make boosters more affordable, or put more cards in them, or increase the odds of the rare and legendary cards, or increase the feez one can get with the same euros as they do now.
Second solution: give the players the chance to win their fortune by fighting! Create quests that award feez, increase the crystals won from duels, and other things like that.
And the third solution, which is not up to the game designers, but up to us:
We should ALL agree NEVER to buy a card from the market whose price exceeds the price that card has if it's sold immediately/0.9 (the 0.9 for the 10% tax the market keeps). This would keep the prices low and the cards affordable, and it wouldn't mean that nobody would buy boosters, because without boosters there is no access to the market. Thus one would be able to play the game and enjoy different styles of gameplay only by buying a booster per month!
And for those of you who think that you would lose money if that happened i say this:
Haven't you already lost enough money every time a new card release makes your cards useless? I mean now days Ishaia costs about 100k, while some time ago i think she was higher (correct me if i'm wrong)! The same will happen with Ourenos, and Nebsen. Aren't you all losing money that way?

Dernière modification par Faraoh (12-11-2012 20:12:08)

#2 12-11-2012 21:34:18

mrmutantlarry
Habitant de Guem

Re : Economical terrorism!

I agree the price of boosters is amazingly high.  I always just account for it that its way high in american $ and cheeper in other nations.

#3 13-11-2012 02:45:31

kilcosu
Guémélite
Lieu : Michigan

it's a trading card game. they will always be expensive... but think of it like this. if feerik DID NOT make enough money to support this game then they will just pull the plug and all of the cards that we don't technically own will be gone forever and there is nothing that can be done about it. no refund. do not pass go. do not collect 200 dollars.

at least in magic: the gathering you have physical copies of your cards lol

#4 13-11-2012 05:37:57

MrLordi92
Gardien
Lieu : Rhode Island

kilcosu a écrit :

it's a trading card game. they will always be expensive... but think of it like this. if feerik DID NOT make enough money to support this game then they will just pull the plug and all of the cards that we don't technically own will be gone forever and there is nothing that can be done about it. no refund. do not pass go. do not collect 200 dollars.

at least in magic: the gathering you have physical copies of your cards lol

But Magic is a popular game with no signs of stopping, so saying you have the physical cards means a lot more for Magic as it does for, oh, let's say VS Systems.  That was a Marvel and DC Comics based card game that came out in the early 2000's and has since fallen out of popularity.  The cards are worth almost literally nothing, whereas Magic cards still hold value if they're staple cards for a format.

"Some say there's no subtly to destruction.  You know what?  They're dead." ~ Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

"One footstep among many is silent.  One footstep alone is deafening."

#5 13-11-2012 08:52:37

Faraoh
Ptit nouveau

There is something I don't understand:
You guys speek of Magic as if it was an internet game!I am familiar with the "real" version of magic and I thing it can very easyly be crowned king of trading card games!However i was not aware that an internet version existed...
Something else: eredan sould be renamed to ibcg, internet buying card game,as there is not any trading happening!
And lastly,i don't think that the money Feerik gets is barely enouth to keep the game going...

Dernière modification par Faraoh (13-11-2012 08:53:30)

#6 13-11-2012 10:37:02

Calandra
Gardien
Lieu : Dickes B, oben an der Spree

i m quite sure that trading via market is still called trading...

Wash the spears... while the sun climbs high.
Wash the spears... while the sun climbs low.
Wash the spears... who fears to die?
Wash the spears... no one I know!

#7 13-11-2012 10:49:36

Caitlyn
Guémélite

you just need to pick a few decks and stick to it.. smile

unfortunately getting all the decks means spending a LOT of money and frankly spending so much on virtual items is ludicrous to me.

get a budget, about 50 euros a month or something to spend.  think of it like paying for a subscription based game instead of a "free to play" game.. big_smile

i <3 ZIL
new telendar = fail, gimme a new one! tongue

#8 13-11-2012 12:33:04

skadooosh
Eredanien
Lieu : dans ton c**

You wanna know how to make money on this game.
Pick a deck that used to be really good, but that became low after some times.
Buy the most important cards of the deck when they are low.
Wait for an update of the deck and sell them.
Tsoutai and demon hunters didn't get a real update in a long time.
I suppose sap beasts will have an update sooner or later (but the actual cards are so low that I don't know if it's worth it...)
discard didn't have a good up since indigestion(and it is not that expensive, and you can be sure, that this card will stay the center of the deck...)
same for eclipse (i would suggest buying the scorpio blow)
and that's just a few examples. There are some in almost each guilds...

Dernière modification par skadooosh (13-11-2012 12:34:00)

===============zil dagger FTW!!================

"-oh mon dieu! ils ont tués Kenny!"
"-espèce d'enfoirés!"

#9 13-11-2012 14:10:17

Nurvus
Gardien

Silence! I kill you!

#10 13-11-2012 17:07:49

Surly
Ptit nouveau

skadooosh a écrit :

I suppose sap beasts will have an update sooner or later (but the actual cards are so low that I don't know if it's worth it...)
discard didn't have a good up since indigestion(and it is not that expensive, and you can be sure, that this card will stay the center of the deck...)

Knowing the release schedule and lore can also help. For example, we know that after the pirate update this week (from previews it looks like a pirate marauder) that Nomads are probably going to be released. We also know the Ba-Sthet just had a child. So if you were a betting man, you could speculate on some Immortals cards. Granted, however, there is no such thing as a sure bet and any investment can fail tongue

#11 16-11-2012 20:39:08

MerlinCross
Guémélite

skadooosh a écrit :

Probably my biggest fault then as I got a hold of Tsoutai cards but they don't work well in AD or in the current PVP 'meta'.

Adventure mode - made to have players try new decks. But Bosses are unbeatable.

Pied de page des forums