Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 29-10-2012 04:26:36

MerlinCross
Guémélite

New idea, Deck Cost

Inspired by Nurvus topic, I started thinking about how we can try to balance the game. A bit. I'll also be taking an idea or two from Nurvus. Let's begin shall we?

Little background of this idea, I got some friends to play this. After getting to a certain level room, they quit. They disliked the feel of losing after turn one or even the moment they walked into a the match. Just after seeing the cards they were up against. This got me to thinking. Even if you try to balance how people can play the cards, or even what the cards do, there are going to be decks that are outright stronger than what you have. Thus, if there's no way to balance the cards, what about the decks? Odd way to put it but stay with me here!

Here's the idea:

Suggestion

-Each card has a Cost to it now. People can build decks however they want, but when finished, the game puts a Total Cost to it. Say, 100-200 cost for starter decks or newly made ones, while decks that top the rankings are around 500-600.

-Extra PVP rooms that revolve around this new Total Cost. Let's make 3 rooms of Level 13 and over. The first room is where everyone can play. Doesn't matter what the Total Cost is, bring your deck and play. So this room would be like our current one. The other 2 rooms have Total Cost Limits. If you have a deck that doesn't fit in the range, you cannot play in these rooms.

-Finally, we can even put this to the tournaments. Certain tournaments have deck limits, so a top tier deck can't come one and rule over all the other decks.

Here is the logic behind what some may call madness.

1) Bring the vets to the level of the newbies. New players can still fight against the vets that have strong decks, but if vets want to play the newer players, they'll have to change their deck up. Vets can still play with their strong decks in the normal room.

2) Provide an extra 'safe' zone to newer players or players that want to test a deck out. With the missions giving out exp like candy, it's easy for a player to rocket up the level rooms without building a strong deck. And players making a new guild deck or new idea don't get the info needed from just safely beating on the computer in adventure mode.

3) Bring older weaker cards back to the table, without making them stronger or the new cards weaker. When going to a certain Total Cost room(Either normal or Tournament), players will have to figure out a deck that could work. Sure they can stack the deck with strong cards, but might have to use 'weaker' characters and vise versa.

Personally, I think this could be a pretty good system if handled right. And while I don't think Feerik will change the game(Unless a good portion of the player base gets behind an idea), I'd like to hear your opinions on this. Yay or nay to this?

Adventure mode - made to have players try new decks. But Bosses are unbeatable.

#2 29-10-2012 08:06:08

Calandra
Gardien
Lieu : Dickes B, oben an der Spree

Re : New idea, Deck Cost

i m not so sure about this idea... the thing is that adding 2-3 cards like void and a new start will totally put the deck costs up so that everyone will think the player is using a top-tier deck which in fact can be total nonesense...

the price of a deck also doesnt represent its efficiency... especially if a recent release favors a new caste or guild their prices are not stable enough to guarantee access to your rooms without continously changing the deckbuild

if you wanna increase the chances for newcomers... how bout making newcomer cards that give a certain bonus according to the level of the enemy...

like in sand of the arena where the boss gets his bonus according to player level...
a card that gives att+x where x equals enemy player level divided by 5... against low level players it will give 2-3 but against level 20 players it will give 4

Wash the spears... while the sun climbs high.
Wash the spears... while the sun climbs low.
Wash the spears... who fears to die?
Wash the spears... no one I know!

#3 29-10-2012 09:22:37

magius
Solarian

Or:

Eredan could just create a special room barring all Legendary cards for new players to try their out their decks (Sandbox Room) with less Crystal and Experience gain. Job done.

Magius [FH] FullHouse Clan

#4 29-10-2012 14:12:25

rutse
Habitant de Guem

I just dont like the idea of "limiting decks". It's just we needed more frequent small fixes to the cards and evade the release of insane and disbalancing cards like Ourenos.

The problem, in MY point of view, is not the deck building, but a few cards themselves.

#5 29-10-2012 14:49:39

Nurvus
Gardien

MerlinCross, I have already made this exact suggestion smile

It's the Rank Stat.
http://forum.eredan.com/viewtopic.php?id=28526
In the thread, I also suggest there should be Rank Rooms (I presented them as Grade Rooms initially in some other player's thread before making the Rank Stat thread)

My Rank Stat has a tiny - but meaningful - difference from your suggestion:
You have a cap to the total Cost of cards you can include in a single deck.

Note: My Rank Stat suggestion was made before the card limit was increased, so the cap would need to scale with the number of cards in the deck, so that an average card Cost is enforced.

I also suggested Elite Stat...
http://forum.eredan.com/viewtopic.php?id=26131
...and Ranked Elite Stat...
http://forum.eredan.com/viewtopic.php?id=34823

Dernière modification par Nurvus (29-10-2012 14:59:56)

#6 29-10-2012 17:22:14

MerlinCross
Guémélite

Nurvus a écrit :

It's the Rank Stat.
In the thread, I also suggest there should be Rank Rooms (I presented them as Grade Rooms initially in some other player's thread before making the Rank Stat thread)

My Rank Stat has a tiny - but meaningful - difference from your suggestion:
You have a cap to the total Cost of cards you can include in a single deck.

Note: My Rank Stat suggestion was made before the card limit was increased, so the cap would need to scale with the number of cards in the deck, so that an average card Cost is enforced.

I also suggested Elite Stat...
http://forum.eredan.com/viewtopic.php?id=26131
...and Ranked Elite Stat...
http://forum.eredan.com/viewtopic.php?id=34823

Oh wow, this was covered already. And here I thought I was bringing a new idea to the table. But yeah I was trying to come up with a way for newer players that jumped up the ranks to have a chance vs vets.

Adventure mode - made to have players try new decks. But Bosses are unbeatable.

#7 03-11-2012 02:08:15

proxiehunter
Ptit nouveau

Nurvus a écrit :

It's the Rank Stat.

Yeah I think this would be a better idea than organizing it by deck cost. I've already run into a few decks where no matter how well I played the deck I was using I had no chance of winning. Not really surprising given that I don't have enough cards yet to make major modifications to the starter deck I was given or the ones I picked up with crystals.

Dernière modification par proxiehunter (03-11-2012 02:08:42)

#8 06-11-2012 11:53:11

Spify
Voyageur

I completely agree with you guys and I believe something should be done BUT...realistically speaking I don't think they can do it even if they want to. The problem is there are not so many players playing this game. On average at any given time I believe there are 600-700 (or less) people playing this game. Some are playing adventure mode, some are in the lvl 1 - lvl 13 bracket, some are in tournaments and some in the training room. That leaves a handful of people playing in the leveling room lvl 13 - lvl 22. I believe the maximum number of player I've seen in that bracket was 25-30. Now if you take this bracket and subdivide it further more we will end up seeing a maximum of 5 guys in each room and the guys playing with legendaries might end up waiting quite some time to actually find someone to play with in their room. Those guys are the paying customers and I don't think Feerik wants to make them feel like outcasts.
That's why I believe that having more rooms will never happen unless the number of players raises to comfortable levels.

my 2 cents

PS: In the meantime, we (the non-legendary guys) need to keep quitting on Oreos fights tongue

#9 06-11-2012 15:12:16

rutse
Habitant de Guem

Spify a écrit :

PS: In the meantime, we (the non-legendary guys) need to keep quitting on Oreos fights tongue

+1

And I remember that Sapphon said something about an evaluation on the level ranges, maybe levels will get updated and the way we level may be a bit different.

Instead of going from 1-25 we may be adapted to up to level 50 or more. More or less like our levels be split into 2 or something like this. Then we wont keep forever in the same level.

#10 06-11-2012 15:19:06

magius
Solarian

Spify a écrit :

Now that is a Legendary character way out of the Legendary league. Should be Mythic character or something (note to self, stop putting ideas into Feerik's head).

Magius [FH] FullHouse Clan

#11 06-11-2012 16:19:40

Nurvus
Gardien

Currently it's Common -> Uncommon -> Rare -> Legendary.

Soon, Feerik will add Titan cards, and then God cards.
So it will be Common -> Uncommon -> Rare -> Legendary -> Titan -> God.

#12 06-11-2012 16:33:12

skadooosh
Eredanien
Lieu : dans ton c**

god beeing in fact nehant free's from his chain.

he is a courtesan from all guild.
he is warrior/mage/marauder/priest/berserk/unknown.
at the beginning of the game: he copies the casts of all characters in play
att:9/12
spirit:3
defense:3
PV:18
Your characters characters gain chain if they play a card.
At the beginning of the fight. choose one card from your hand. It will activate after the other.

Dernière modification par skadooosh (06-11-2012 16:34:18)

===============zil dagger FTW!!================

"-oh mon dieu! ils ont tués Kenny!"
"-espèce d'enfoirés!"

#13 10-11-2012 16:32:06

Nurvus
Gardien

You know I was being sarcastic, right?

If Feerik adds more "levels" of "OP'ness" (higher rarities) it'll destroy the game.

Dernière modification par Nurvus (10-11-2012 16:32:21)

#14 27-11-2012 01:40:09

Nurvus
Gardien

Calandra a écrit :

i m not so sure about this idea... the thing is that adding 2-3 cards like void and a new start will totally put the deck costs up so that everyone will think the player is using a top-tier deck which in fact can be total nonesense...

the price of a deck also doesnt represent its efficiency... especially if a recent release favors a new caste or guild their prices are not stable enough to guarantee access to your rooms without continously changing the deckbuild

if you wanna increase the chances for newcomers... how bout making newcomer cards that give a certain bonus according to the level of the enemy...

like in sand of the arena where the boss gets his bonus according to player level...
a card that gives att+x where x equals enemy player level divided by 5... against low level players it will give 2-3 but against level 20 players it will give 4

You got the idea wrong, by the way.
No one is talking about the card Price.
It's a new value like the one I suggested in Rank Stat idea or Grade Rooms idea.

Pied de page des forums