Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 26-07-2012 10:40:24

Nurvus
Gardien

N'ga changed to N'ta

Why the hell did Feerik change his name?
WxLDAwf9.png
Don't tell me it's because of the "nigga" reference...

I wanted to beat the crap out of that N'ga... now I can't.

Dernière modification par Nurvus (26-07-2012 10:41:49)

#2 26-07-2012 11:19:42

NightmareJoke
Gardien

Re : N'ga changed to N'ta

Nurvus a écrit :

Yes it is, sir.

Dernière modification par NightmareJoke (26-07-2012 11:19:50)

#3 26-07-2012 12:41:36

Stormholt
Eredanien
Lieu : Votorantim,São Paulo
Site Web

Nurvus a écrit :

Yes it is, and becuz of this dicussion:

http://forum.eredan.com/viewtopic.php?p … 29#p626629

I dont see too why to change that, but well it can't ofend you, but it offend other people... So bad that a so old and gay thing as racism still exist, even here >.>

Dernière modification par Stormholt (26-07-2012 12:42:37)

E meu nome não é SHIRLEY!

Eredan-->> Storm Videos <<--Videos

#4 26-07-2012 12:42:40

JarodG64
Eredanien
Lieu : Parcourant les terres de Guem

#5 26-07-2012 21:37:54

nemoutopia
Habitant de Guem

In other words, people WILL find things to be offended about, even though they know the intention was not there...by definition, making them even more of a moron than an actual racist. But hey, stupidity has yet to be criminalized, so...

#6 26-07-2012 21:50:13

Nurvus
Gardien

nemoutopia a écrit :

But hey, stupidity has yet to be criminalized, so...

Has it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSZqutI1aZs

#7 27-07-2012 08:58:52

hitomo
Campeur

Not willing to tolerate feelings of other peoples is just lame, guys.

You will never undestand how it feels to hear that word if you dont belong to that cultural group. You will probably never understand what those peole went through in some time in history and still have to.

changing the name doesnt hurt you, but leaving it as it was hurts the feelings of some people.

Why cant you simply respect that?

#8 27-07-2012 09:23:41

hitomo
Campeur

actually there is more to it:

Nurvus a écrit :

hm ... but you still can. the character is the same only the name has changed.

what you realy writing is that you cant do it anymore because the 'n-word' - reference is gone !

Its good they changed it. Because of racist people like you. People who maybe even dont understand what they realy are.

#9 27-07-2012 09:43:27

vampiricshaman
Habitant de Guem

hitomo a écrit :

actually there is more to it:

Nurvus a écrit :

hm ... but you still can. the character is the same only the name has changed.

what you realy writing is that you cant do it anymore because the 'n-word' - reference is gone !

Its good they changed it. Because of racist people like you. People who maybe even dont understand what they realy are.

yes that looks like racism but in away everyone seems to be racist towards those they call racist.

i am not saying it is not offensive to be prejudiced but it goes for everybody

their will come a day when the Katoba return to being a threat to all other guilds. I await that day.

#10 27-07-2012 09:57:19

Caleo
Habitant de Guem

I'm not an english spoker but i thought that the black community now uses the word niggger? Well at least that's what I heard from 2pac & co

#11 27-07-2012 10:29:07

Zurga
Modérateur Eredan

Some words don't sound the same from the guy who pronounce them.
I think this leads to nowhere.
Be prepared to see this thread closed.

Collectionneur de cartes

#12 27-07-2012 14:36:50

Nurvus
Gardien

hitomo a écrit :

Let me tell you what I think about people who say or type "n-word":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF1NUposXVQ

You have no idea how hypocrite that term is.

hitomo a écrit :

You probably don't know what being racist is...
I'm making fun of how serious this subject has become for something that isn't even intended to be racist.

Black people aren't even offended by the word "Nigga". They say it themselves.

What matters is the context in wich you say whatever you say.
You can be racist without saying a racist word.

So please...
Lol...

#13 27-07-2012 14:51:13

Stormholt
Eredanien
Lieu : Votorantim,São Paulo
Site Web

Nurvus, you cant be offended by the word, but there's always going to have someone that will...

E meu nome não é SHIRLEY!

Eredan-->> Storm Videos <<--Videos

#14 27-07-2012 15:07:28

Nurvus
Gardien

Stormholt a écrit :

Nurvus, you cant be offended by the word, but there's always going to have someone that will...

Often out of baseless moral in defense of the "opressed".
There are alot of self-righteous people everywhere.

#15 27-07-2012 20:41:19

nemoutopia
Habitant de Guem

hitomo a écrit :

Not willing to tolerate feelings of other peoples is just lame, guys.

You will never undestand how it feels to hear that word if you dont belong to that cultural group. You will probably never understand what those peole went through in some time in history and still have to.

changing the name doesnt hurt you, but leaving it as it was hurts the feelings of some people.

Why cant you simply respect that?

Wow, really? How much money are you willing to bet on that? Because anything you bet is already lost. Aside from the fact that I'm a fourth generation Italian immigrant (who still puts up with shit for it, even for having Catholic relatives, not even being Catholic), and have good friends of every creed and color, I imagine I have far more insight into the matter than you do.

Words are words. Any word used derisively is an insult. Any word used simply as a descriptor is not. You realize the word is actually derived from negro, which is Spanish for (surprise!) "black", but got changed by the Southern drawl? "Oh good heavens, you can't call him BLACK, that would be like him calling you WHITE. Such a scandal!" The whole point is that intolerant people used the not-even-the-real-word insultingly, because THEY were the ignorant ones.

In the end, you CHOOSE to be offended or insulted, or to not take offense or insult. You CHOOSE to give someone else power over you, simply by saying a particular word. Don't do that. Seriously, do NOT do that.

Dernière modification par nemoutopia (27-07-2012 20:51:42)

#16 27-07-2012 22:11:53

MrLordi92
Gardien
Lieu : Rhode Island

Nurvus a écrit :

Black people aren't even offended by the word "Nigga". They say it themselves.

What matters is the context in wich you say whatever you say.
You can be racist without saying a racist word.

So please...
Lol...

I don't know what black people you hang around that aren't offended by that word.  Sure, they say it among themselves, but God help anyone who's white who says it.

"Some say there's no subtly to destruction.  You know what?  They're dead." ~ Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

"One footstep among many is silent.  One footstep alone is deafening."

#17 27-07-2012 22:23:17

Damncaster
Solarian

I´m brown u see .___.

Nurvus i know ***bip*** from Portugal and here in Portugal we don´t have that kind of judgement, ya we all bros here we all call nigga, but you can only call that to anotehr person if u know that person enough to treat him/her with that word, u can´t just walk arround and call nigga to every black/brown people u see.
I´m from Angola a black community, yes my friend call me "preto" wich means black in portugueese but they only call me that because we are friends for long time and it ain´t offensive it´s just a nice way they call me. I know what´s being racist, i also was a victim, have u ever suffered from racism? U may but ***bip*** white and everyone knows we black people were the slaves of the world, we were the ones traveling from africa to other country´s packaged in ships like fishes .______.

Think alot before sayin it ain´t offensive when u can´t feel it in your skin and u didn´t live all black people´s life. And this message ain´t just for Nurvus but for all those that think the same.

No good... No evil... Just a Judge

It´s all about Mastery!

#18 27-07-2012 22:46:32

nemoutopia
Habitant de Guem

Damncaster a écrit :

I´m brown u see .___.

Nurvus i know ***bip*** from Portugal and here in Portugal we don´t have that kind of judgement, ya we all bros here we all call nigga, but you can only call that to anotehr person if u know that person enough to treat him/her with that word, u can´t just walk arround and call nigga to every black/brown people u see.
I´m from Angola a black community, yes my friend call me "preto" wich means black in portugueese but they only call me that because we are friends for long time and it ain´t offensive it´s just a nice way they call me. I know what´s being racist, i also was a victim, have u ever suffered from racism? U may but ***bip*** white and everyone knows we black people were the slaves of the world, we were the ones traveling from africa to other country´s packaged in ships like fishes .______.

Think alot before sayin it ain´t offensive when u can´t feel it in your skin and u didn´t live all black people´s life. And this message ain´t just for Nurvus but for all those that think the same.

My Jewish friends rather disagree with you. Some of them rather vocally, and many with a fair bit of snarkiness.

You are correct that the word is used among friends as a show that they are comfortable enough with each other to use it...but this creates a double standard of the worst kind. If you have actually suffered from prejudice, then you should know the difference between a coincidence where no offense is meant and someone actually trying to hurt you; and how incredibly profound that difference is. So no, you're not getting any credit with that argument.

[edit for irony]Oh, pardon me, I was so busy being a reasonable human being, I forgot to respond the way you would: "What do you MEAN, 'u may but ***bip*** white'?!" Seriously? That doesn't sound even the slightest bit like the pot calling the kettle black? Prejudice and racism surprisingly do not care about your ACTUAL color or creed. But by all means, go ahead and say that YOUR pain is greater than than anyone and everyone else's. Or, you could actually think before typing, or do some actual research, and find out that hate crimes and the vitriol are just as bad no matter who they're against.

Dernière modification par nemoutopia (27-07-2012 23:09:20)

#19 27-07-2012 23:00:43

Damncaster
Solarian

nemoutopia a écrit :
Damncaster a écrit :

I´m brown u see .___.

My Jewish friends rather disagree with you. Some of them rather vocally, and many with a fair bit of snarkiness.

You are correct that the word is used among friends as a show that they are comfortable enough with each other to use it...but this creates a double standard of the worst kind. If you have actually suffered from prejudice, then you should know the difference between a coincidence where no offense is meant and someone actually trying to hurt you; and how incredibly profound that difference is. So no, you're not getting any credit with that argument.

I ain´t debating teh cards name .____. just talking bout racism.
As for the card it was better this way because feerik doesn´t whant the players to be unconfortable with some misunderstandings at the game.

No good... No evil... Just a Judge

It´s all about Mastery!

#20 27-07-2012 23:08:42

Nurvus
Gardien

#21 27-07-2012 23:11:53

nemoutopia
Habitant de Guem

Nurvus a écrit :

Oh, how he makes me laugh...

#22 27-07-2012 23:39:20

Teremune
Habitant de Guem

Nurvus a écrit :

Why the hell did Feerik change his name?
http://static.eredan.com/cards/web_mid/us/WxLDAwf9.png

LOL it's your fault it got changed!!! >.>

Nurvus a écrit :

Pretty funny shiet, too bad folks in the comments don't get it.

Dernière modification par Teremune (27-07-2012 23:40:27)

Pied de page des forums