Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 20-04-2012 22:38:56

Nurvus
Gardien

Eredan Client vs Game Speed vs Fairplay

There have been suggestions to create a downloadable Eredan game client.

This topic is about the paramount importance of such a change.

A few facts to get us started:
a) The game becomes slower the longer you are logged on.
This leads to plenty of problems.
- Players become more frustrated as the game becomes more unresponsive
- Players are more likely to leave a game if they know it's going to take a long time.
b) If you get disconnected, there is no way to get back to the game you were just playing.
c) There are plenty of successful game clients out there, be it for simple or complex games, wich gives Eredan a bad image.
d) There are several display bugs that lead to losing the game, such as not having a Discard Button available.

Everything of the above would be solved/minimized with a simple Game Client.
Feel free to add meaningful situations, as I'm sure there are plenty but couldn't bring myself to gather them all at this point.

League of Legends (from Riot) uses a simple game client I believe is within the capabilities of Eredan.

Q: Why would Eredan spend money with this?
A: A game with a reliable client gathers ALOT more players, for various reasons, among them giving Eredan the image of an established, successful game worth investing on.

There are like, what, 50 players that bother posting in the English forums here?
There are loads of different mindsets, and an enormous amount of players prizes client stability and game responsiveness ABOVE ALL ELSE.

Spending money to make a proper client would be an investment I'm sure would be refunded tenfold within a year.

Dernière modification par Nurvus (20-04-2012 22:50:47)

#2 20-04-2012 22:51:15

pikadusk
Habitant de Guem

Re : Eredan Client vs Game Speed vs Fairplay

My biggest question would be if the game would be still accessible to facebook user/accounts.  To be honest I am not sure my account on this forum is even connected to the facebook account I use to play the game.

If you want to find me in game you will have to look for my real name.  Sap/Nomad/Zil user.

#3 20-04-2012 22:55:44

Nurvus
Gardien

I don't see why it wouldn't.

The game server would be one.
You could play from facebook, from internet browser, or from downloadable client... hell, from your cellphone if possible.

#4 21-04-2012 00:37:42

Stallion1990
Habitant de Guem

I totally agree, a downloadable client would be great.  Every current problem you mentioned is extremely true.  You have my full support for this idea and I feel that this would be a very great thing for Feerik to look into

~Today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday~

#5 21-04-2012 03:20:33

xesicyra
Ptit nouveau

+1 for game client and mobile platform (droid or iPhone)

#6 21-04-2012 09:23:29

Calandra
Gardien
Lieu : Dickes B, oben an der Spree

i also support this idea, i d just like to ask what you mean by adding fairplay to the threads title...

Wash the spears... while the sun climbs high.
Wash the spears... while the sun climbs low.
Wash the spears... who fears to die?
Wash the spears... no one I know!

#7 21-04-2012 10:52:27

coolasc
Habitant de Guem

love the idea of downloadable client, especially if it would include all graphics, i got a slow as hell net (128kb) after middle of the month that makes it simply impossible forme to play due to loadings

We come in the night
Far from your sight
To take your life
To put it on a knife                                                  IGN: ASC

#8 21-04-2012 13:17:45

kilcosu
Guémélite
Lieu : Michigan

this idea is really good, too bad our small circle of friends on the English section's ideas barely get recognized. and if they do they have to be re posted to the french section to be taken into further consideration hmm

#9 21-04-2012 14:04:12

Zurga
Modérateur Eredan

I doubt a lot of such a client will be developed by Feerik.

The idea raised already in French forum.
The staff answered with trouble about synchronization of version of client (especially with mobile device, with one week of validation by Apple for example, the update to fix something is not good and the animations and others events will be delayed) and the technology used (Flash / Java).
They also point out that the development team is small. Developing such a client will be done against the standard evolution of the game.

Collectionneur de cartes

#10 21-04-2012 14:24:44

Stormholt
Eredanien
Lieu : Votorantim,São Paulo
Site Web

Zurga a écrit :

I doubt a lot of such a client will be developed by Feerik.

The idea raised already in French forum.
The staff answered with trouble about synchronization of version of client (especially with mobile device, with one week of validation by Apple for example, the update to fix something is not good and the animations and others events will be delayed) and the technology used (Flash / Java).
They also point out that the development team is small. Developing such a client will be done against the standard evolution of the game.

Hell yea, i can wait some months! If the game gonna be perfect, i dont care about got updates, i just want to play it well!Okay for mobile phone is kinda impossible to do, ok, but a game client is possible! I already saw games that can be played on internet and on game client, and its the same mechanism(java).

E meu nome não é SHIRLEY!

Eredan-->> Storm Videos <<--Videos

#11 21-04-2012 15:04:44

Zurga
Modérateur Eredan

I never say that this is impossible.
Only it's require time and money (i.e : people to develop it).

Collectionneur de cartes

#12 21-04-2012 15:14:45

coolasc
Habitant de Guem

i wonder if wouldn't be easy to at least make a cache file client (such as runescape had, at least in the time i played it) for slower connections, that would take wayy long at one time loading all files in the 1st time and in any update in it but then would turn all things (wayy) faster for the player, keeping all those (image files mainly, don't thik anything else would be needed) in the player's computer

Dernière modification par coolasc (21-04-2012 15:15:35)

We come in the night
Far from your sight
To take your life
To put it on a knife                                                  IGN: ASC

#13 21-04-2012 16:34:44

OHanicide
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : Ft.Worth, Texas

Would love an iPhone app to play on the go!!!

The worst is yet to come and all I have to trade is only everything.

#14 21-04-2012 17:27:53

Nurvus
Gardien

Zurga a écrit :

I never say that this is impossible.
Only it's require time and money (i.e : people to develop it).

My point being that Feerik underestimates the money he would make with a downloadable game client.

Alot of players look down on browser games.

Having a downloadable client makes this game:
- appealing to alot more players.
- cause players to see the dedication of the development team towards a long lasting game, making it more appealing to spend money on.

I'm positively convinced the profit would compensate the investment tenfold.

Dernière modification par Nurvus (21-04-2012 17:28:51)

#15 21-04-2012 19:42:57

pikadusk
Habitant de Guem

Well, at least Feerik has active forums on it side.  I have seen many games with downloadable clients that have almost dead forums with barely any signs of the gms.  The fact that Eredan iTCG has been around for over 2 years and still have many people playing is a sign enough the development team is dedicated; small maybe but dedicated all the same.

If you want to find me in game you will have to look for my real name.  Sap/Nomad/Zil user.

#16 21-04-2012 20:55:15

Nurvus
Gardien

Because the players are at the game...

Here players get bored of the game every now and then and come suggest/complain xD.

#17 21-04-2012 21:14:44

pikadusk
Habitant de Guem

Most games have some people floating around both the forums and the games, usually those who are to busy at work check in on forum.

#18 21-04-2012 23:29:34

TheRainMan
Guémélite

League of Legends (from Riot) uses a simple game client I believe is within the capabilities of Eredan.

Yeah, just use LoL as example. Maybe Ferrik thinks about it, and also gives us shitty servers which dont work and which are totally bugged for many months.

#19 22-04-2012 00:41:00

Nurvus
Gardien

TheRainMan a écrit :

Yeah, just use LoL as example. Maybe Ferrik thinks about it, and also gives us shitty servers which dont work and which are totally bugged for many months.

*snorts* did you *chuckles* just imply LoL is buggier than Eredan?
Did you...
...HAHAHAHAHAAAAHAHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Thank you smile

#20 30-04-2012 16:49:06

Nurvus
Gardien

Calandra a écrit :

i also support this idea, i d just like to ask what you mean by adding fairplay to the threads title...

Slow, buggy gameplay is detrimental to fairplay.
People get frustrated and are more likely to leave midgame.

#21 01-05-2012 16:51:58

hkttcc
Voyageur

+1 to support downloadable game client

I think return is the only incentive to develop this.

Cost matters:
For windows platform, developing such a client is not that expensive as I know.
esp. this is a 2-D card game, not MMORPG or action games.
Synchronization problem should be a lot easier than those games.

Benefit matters:
Web game or game using flash ALWAYS give strangers a feeling of MINI GAME or incomplete game as long as I know.
A game client downloadable is really building faith in players for them to invest money in Eredan.
Program in PC, which I can see shortcuts in desktop, in starting menu also creates loyalty to players. When someone just switch on computers, searching games to play, they'll notice Eredan and play in a random mood.

I really believe it is a good idea.

Pied de page des forums