Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#26 31-05-2011 17:03:21

Reycom
Staff Feerik

Re : About the mages being overpowered...

i didn't see anyone talk about [card]pilkim[/card] ...... he's the most OP mage in the game ( probably with [card]abyssien the devourer[/card] ) lol

Dernière modification par Reycom (31-05-2011 17:05:21)

Partecipate alla chat italiana di Eredan ITCG!!!
http://italyeredan.angelfire.com/index.html

#27 31-05-2011 17:24:58

RyogaLX
Gardien

I have only a simple proposition to players

"Go and try to play it"

Mages it's not to easy to play as it see, only when you try it you understand it. 

Obviously my perspective is that Mages are not OP, even if I don't use to play mage.

The Nehant Champion
L.N.O
"With facts, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual" Galileo Galilei

#28 31-05-2011 20:40:04

kornholio
Campeur

Mages are as OP as the hand you have when you play. And the opponent you´re against

It can be as much as having the first turn iniciative, with [card]Pilkim[/card] lvl4 and 2 [card]Rain of Death[/card], [card]The Last Word[/card], [card]The Hungry Void[/card] and a lvl3 [card]Lightning Bolts[/card] or...

Not having the iniative, defending with [card]The Prophet[/card] against, let´s say, [card]Hime[/card] lvl3 (with [card]Shuriken[/card] and [card]Katamaru[/card]), and you have in your hand something like: [card]The pen is mightier...[/card], [card]Freeze[/card]....

Hell, even raising the Prophet´s spirit with something there won´t save it.

Mages aren´t OP by themselves, that´s my oppinion.

#29 01-06-2011 01:39:06

fingreen
Voyageur

Mages are not op by themselves.... mages aren't even powerful without the right spells...

mages are very strong in meta because...

ANTI SPELL is not the most important thing in your deck....
Right now you don't have a very good way to defend against spells but even if you do, you will never use it.

that's what makes mages being overpowered because no one focus on defend against magic.

#30 01-06-2011 04:21:29

Santuros
Nehantiste
Lieu : Colombia!!!

fingreen a écrit :

Mages are not op by themselves.... mages aren't even powerful without the right spells...

mages are very strong in meta because...

ANTI SPELL is not the most important thing in your deck....
Right now you don't have a very good way to defend against spells but even if you do, you will never use it.

that's what makes mages being overpowered because no one focus on defend against magic.

TRUE TRUE... also we need more defensive cards against magic... something that makes a good deck still useable

I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. (Hafez)

#31 01-06-2011 04:46:43

RyogaLX
Gardien

I play pack elo deck and reach about 1850 elo points and I ever put anti-magic cards. There are a lot of anti-magic cards out there including Dark-heart stone (the best item in game against magic), favor of the dawn, Improvement (quiet nice to nullified pure mage, priest and even pure items deck, try using when you'r opponent enter in combat with jorus, he throw his multitasking with no effect at all).

If you'll enter elo and face powerful mage decks you need some protection, especially when you use characters with spirit 0 or 1.

In other hand, good constructed mage deck is very expensive.

The Nehant Champion
L.N.O
"With facts, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual" Galileo Galilei

#32 01-06-2011 06:22:14

jackal19
Gardien
Lieu : SDM

RyogaLX a écrit :

I play pack elo deck and reach about 1850 elo points and I ever put anti-magic cards. There are a lot of anti-magic cards out there including Dark-heart stone (the best item in game against magic), favor of the dawn, Improvement (quiet nice to nullified pure mage, priest and even pure items deck, try using when you'r opponent enter in combat with jorus, he throw his multitasking with no effect at all).

If you'll enter elo and face powerful mage decks you need some protection, especially when you use characters with spirit 0 or 1.

In other hand, good constructed mage deck is very expensive.

Yep a mage deck can break your bank but they are susceptible to beat downs if you get a good hand and theyre are hard to use if you didnt get your cards from the beginning

New englishchat: http://xat.com/EnglisheredanNeo---Online

"Tea is best enjoyed with your fellow monsters"
-Frederica Bernkastel

#33 02-06-2011 04:21:39

counterandmill
Ptit nouveau

I see mage decks in the way I see Crow decks...powerful yet beatable.  They both can be deadly even against decent spirit decks yet as fearsome as they look they both fall very fast against a well prepared beat down deck.

You have to keep calm and be ready to sacrifice someone in order to get the killing blows in.

#34 03-06-2011 11:12:01

Erryth
Campeur
Site Web

Well hell, one of my lower end mage decks was Anryena(2), Zahal(4), and Pilkim(4)

Ever seen a mage deck that had average of 4-5 def to start with ontop of being able to spam fun cards like Dragons Fang giving pilk 7 def? Play 2 and there is 14 magic damage right there. Use Zahal as a def tank, not really using him to be the last one standing, but to weaken the others. Anryena using aoe blasts like chain lightning, unleash hell, or lightning bolt 2-3.

Now, you dont have to use a lvl 4 pilk to get the effect, but a lvl 4 Zahal is really the only thing you'd have to work to get, but the deck can easily be seen before level 10, and works especially well against people in that range, far more so then after lvl 10.

They chain spells that you have a hard time blocking due to low spirit, have as high def as kotoba, and can get some good physical damage with pen is mightier and than the sword. Actually pen is mightier is a good chainable boost for that deck for magic spells.

Would love to see a new Dragon Knight character (Whether he be a Mage, Warrior, Marauder, or a combo)
Would also love to see a Mage/Priest character (Aside from Ateb lvl 3 who's the only one I know of)

#35 13-06-2011 00:51:35

Nurvus
Gardien

It's Kotoba's fault for not having [card]Fierce Lion[/card] in their decks.

A deck with a Golem can have [card]Crackling Crown[/card] and [card]Fierce Lion[/card].

Any deck can have [card]Counterspell[/card] or [card]Magic Shield[/card].
[card]Dark Stone Heart[/card]/[card]Nehantic Stone[/card]
[card]Mercy[/card]

Hipocrisy aside:
What everyone is actually discussing here is how many cards they have to sacrifice from their precious little strategy to include protection against spells in their decks.

And that leads to the discussion that different decks have different viabilities, different weaknesses and different amount of spare room for counters.

Mage decks and Discard decks are frowned upon because they are somehow "out of the loop" - since the majority of players builds decks around the concept of melee beatdown, melee control (courtesans), hybrid melee & magic (tsoutai & witchblades), healing, or melee defense.
Items are something you can see in most decks, and acceptable to have counter for.
Somehow spells aren't, but people complain about them?

To aggravate the situation, different decks have different degrees of vulnerability to bad hands.

Some decks do quite well with a bad starting hand, others have no chance whatsoever.

The rules of the game right now are such that the only way to balance things out somewhat is by introducing more cards in the game that reduce magic damage instead of increasing Spirit, because having a high Spirit right now is pretty much a curse, with Discard decks everywhere.

Discard decks, on the other hand, counter every deck by default.

Dernière modification par Nurvus (13-06-2011 00:57:18)

#36 13-06-2011 11:10:16

jackal19
Gardien

Nurvus a écrit :

Not all the kots can eat them and fast beatdowns can beat them

-Frederica Bernkastel

#37 13-06-2011 15:33:07

Nurvus
Gardien

jackal19 a écrit :
Nurvus a écrit :

But those don't counter Discard decks - they are simply a good match against each other, if said beatdown/kot doesn't get a shitty hand or the Discard doesn't "Theft" their important cards out of their deck.

On the other hand, nearly every deck that is not a beatdown will be destroyed by a discard deck.

#38 13-06-2011 15:38:43

jackal19
Gardien

Nurvus a écrit :
jackal19 a écrit :
Nurvus a écrit :

But those don't counter Discard decks - they are simply a good match against each other, if said beatdown/kot doesn't get a shitty hand or the Discard doesn't "Theft" their important cards out of their deck.

On the other hand, nearly every deck that is not a beatdown will be destroyed by a discard deck.

quite true like the slow moving courts

-Frederica Bernkastel

#39 17-06-2011 22:59:11

counterandmill
Ptit nouveau

discard and mages both are strong and overused "cookie cutter" decks.  But to be honest I don't fear discard (i use either Kotoba 0-1 spirit decks or my Pack marauder blitz deck) and Mages only scare me if my opening hand is weak.  since I mainline Animatize (not sure if I spelled that right) IHAS and most mage decks that get spells back or use spells in the graveyard dont scare me much.

I dont use counterspelling cards (i do have 1 fierce lion in my Kotoba Warriors deck) and if I die to mages then I can't complain since the option is there and I CHOSE not to use it.

Dernière modification par counterandmill (17-06-2011 23:32:06)

#40 18-06-2011 09:03:25

Calandra
Gardien
Lieu : Dickes B, oben an der Spree

Nurvus a écrit :
jackal19 a écrit :
Nurvus a écrit :

its like complaining that feerik "tried" (ye i use past here) to establish a paper, scissors, stone scenario

Wash the spears... while the sun climbs high.
Wash the spears... while the sun climbs low.
Wash the spears... who fears to die?
Wash the spears... no one I know!

#41 17-03-2012 00:48:28

5venoms
Voyageur

Mage cards themselves are completely fine for the most part. They have low attack and low def but high spirit, while the melee classes have low spirit, high defense and high attack. So at a glance it should all be balanced. How ever it really isn't and that argument about cost makes everything fine is total horse poop. So lets reward players who can throw money at this game like its water buy also giving them the ability to roll over all other players making it harder to get new players into the game. Especially since as you all say its cheaper to start a melee deck, so that is where most new players go.

The problem as people have said is the spells themselves. Problem one is mage player goes first, and plays a [card]Rain of Death[/card] first chained to a def card like [card]Mirage[/card]. Melee class player on def plays a chain card to then a spirit up card to help his magic def. Guess what that spirit up card does nothing for him. The spell goes off as soon as it is played, while the warrior has to wait till all card buffs take place to attack. This means that the mage gets to attack an undefended melee character while the melee character now has to attack a defended mage.

Also there is a serious lack of worth while anti magic cards in melee decks. In a melee deck the only purpose they have is to go against mages. So if you come across another melee deck, the card/s sit there and collect dust. While with mages a card that helps them against melee characters will still be at least some what useful when they go against another mage deck.

So basically mages get to put all the cards they want into their decks to help make their strategy work as often as possible. While you tell people who play melee decks to sacrifice cards to the help their strategy in order to defend against the mage decks they run into here and there....yes that's balance for ya.

To bring this back to topic, in order to counter mages, just cross your fingers and pray that they don't get their cards and that you get the perfect draw every time and that all your characters hit for max damage every hit. Other then that just sit there and take the beating.

#42 17-03-2012 03:14:37

soulst3al3r
Solarian

5venoms a écrit :

Mage cards themselves are completely fine for the most part. They have low attack and low def but high spirit, while the melee classes have low spirit, high defense and high attack. So at a glance it should all be balanced. How ever it really isn't and that argument about cost makes everything fine is total horse poop. So lets reward players who can throw money at this game like its water buy also giving them the ability to roll over all other players making it harder to get new players into the game. Especially since as you all say its cheaper to start a melee deck, so that is where most new players go.

The problem as people have said is the spells themselves. Problem one is mage player goes first, and plays a [card]Rain of Death[/card] first chained to a def card like [card]Mirage[/card]. Melee class player on def plays a chain card to then a spirit up card to help his magic def. Guess what that spirit up card does nothing for him. The spell goes off as soon as it is played, while the warrior has to wait till all card buffs take place to attack. This means that the mage gets to attack an undefended melee character while the melee character now has to attack a defended mage.

Also there is a serious lack of worth while anti magic cards in melee decks. In a melee deck the only purpose they have is to go against mages. So if you come across another melee deck, the card/s sit there and collect dust. While with mages a card that helps them against melee characters will still be at least some what useful when they go against another mage deck.

So basically mages get to put all the cards they want into their decks to help make their strategy work as often as possible. While you tell people who play melee decks to sacrifice cards to the help their strategy in order to defend against the mage decks they run into here and there....yes that's balance for ya.

To bring this back to topic, in order to counter mages, just cross your fingers and pray that they don't get their cards and that you get the perfect draw every time and that all your characters hit for max damage every hit. Other then that just sit there and take the beating.

or just learn to play tongue

#43 17-03-2012 17:18:41

Roarky
Habitant de Guem

I play Mages and it is very pricey but there is really one cheap card that destroy it completely which is Harshness...

#44 17-03-2012 17:34:35

Ryken
stupid donkey
Lieu : A room with a moose.

Roarky a écrit :

I play Mages and it is very pricey but there is really one cheap card that destroy it completely which is Harshness...

And maybe if anyone could use it and not just Nomads, then we'd be gold.

#45 18-03-2012 02:57:05

Cossette
Solarian

LOL this is last years topic.... how i miss the old days big_smile
but really i do believe its not the mages its the combination of spell plus the guild they are affiliated that make them stronger than other decks. smile
not actually OP but the combo they make that made them strong...

Breathless
Great things comes in small packages... A booster perhaps?
http://xat.com/englisheredan

#46 20-03-2012 09:09:49

magius
Solarian

With all the +Spirit effects and cards to set Spirit = 0 (i.e. Reborn, Distracted, etc.) I don't see why necroing this thread to complain about mages justified. Moreover, you have the Eclipse and Pirate Marauders which are perfect mage hunter decks!

Bah... I repeat: ADAPT! Play other decks tongue

Magius [FH] FullHouse Clan

#47 20-03-2012 11:25:16

CAPTUSA
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : New York City
Site Web

magius a écrit :

With all the +Spirit effects and cards to set Spirit = 0 (i.e. Reborn, Distracted, etc.) I don't see why necroing this thread to complain about mages justified. Moreover, you have the Eclipse and Pirate Marauders which are perfect mage hunter decks!

Bro distracted reduced defense to 0, not spirit, read the text correctly!

Yesterday Was History,
Tomorrow Is A Mystery,
Today Is A Gift,
That's Why It's Called The Present!

#48 20-03-2012 11:55:21

jackal19
Gardien

CAPTUSA a écrit :
magius a écrit :

Bro distracted reduced defense to 0, not spirit, read the text correctly!

he must have meant this card

INLncdNz.png

-Frederica Bernkastel

#49 20-03-2012 21:33:42

5venoms
Voyageur

Bah... I repeat: ADAPT! Play other decks

It got necroed because there are like 10 ppl who really post on these threads and this was on the second page and it was a year old, inactive forums much? Also not every one has the money and crystals to just pick up an entirely new deck just because the game went way off balance with new cards added to it.

#50 21-03-2012 09:34:53

Roarky
Habitant de Guem

Ryken a écrit :
Roarky a écrit :

And maybe if anyone could use it and not just Nomads, then we'd be gold.

If anyone can use it than there is no point in playing Mage, might as well delete mages...

Pied de page des forums