Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 16-02-2012 04:46:42

al_vh1n
Habitant de Guem

Counters for OHKO

I’m not really a big fan of beatdowns or mages that like to OHKO the opponent especially on the 1st turns so I’ve come up counters for them. I’m not very creative in making up card names so please pardon me if they sounded too simple or cliché.

Rejuvenating Assault

Turns 5 or less: The moment this card is played and at the start of the fight, if your character has full health and dies at the end of the turn he will gain X health points where X is equals to the damage he dealt to the opponent. Then this card is discarded.

If this card is not discarded at the end of the fight, it will attach itself to one of your character with full health.
Chain.

Trading Blows

If both characters in play dealt 7 or more damages this turn, they will exchange damage received.

Force Absorb

If both characters in play received 5 or more damages this turn, all damages on both characters are negated. If not you will lose 3 Health points.

Healing Guard

If you have more than half of your max health as this card activates and you die this turn, your character will heal X health points where X is the damage you received this turn minus the damage the opponent received.

Retreat and Surrender

The moment this card activates the next damage dealt to you is negated and you will lose 5 health points. Then at the start of the next fight the first damage dealt to you is doubled and you will gain 5 health points.
2 Fights.

#2 20-02-2012 11:54:10

Nurvus
Gardien

Re : Counters for OHKO

Here's my idea for an anti-OHKO:

Trickery
Action.
Reduces damage taken by your character by 4 the Turn this card is played.
Creates a "Vengeance" at the end of the Fight, a permanent action that attaches to the opposing character, increasing the damage dealt by 1 plus an additional 1 against characters with Trickery.
Permanent.
Chain.

Example:
- Lady Jane plays Trickery against Aryhpas.
- Trickery causes Lady Jane to suffer 4 less damage this Turn.
- Trickery creates a Vengeance card at the end of the fight that is permanent and attaches to Aryhpas.
- Trickery itself is a permanent and attaches to Lady Jane with no passive effect (simply makes you vulnerable against targets with Vengeance).
- Vengeance causes Aryhpas to do +1 damage, and another +1 damage against characters with Trickery attached, wich means you do well to avoid matching Lady Jane against Aryhpas again.

Dernière modification par Nurvus (21-02-2012 03:23:15)

#3 21-02-2012 08:51:06

Ergoh
Voyageur

What is OHKO? One hit knock out?

#4 21-02-2012 09:01:27

TPPK
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : Belgium

Ergoh a écrit :

That is one of the explanations, another one is "Prey on people that fail at building decks.".

This game is designed to have the choice to play with glass cannons. Disabling that and creating a forced to be slow and boring game isn't ever an option.

#5 21-02-2012 10:44:30

al_vh1n
Habitant de Guem

TPPK a écrit :
Ergoh a écrit :

That is one of the explanations, another one is "Prey on people that fail at building decks.".

This game is designed to have the choice to play with glass cannons. Disabling that and creating a forced to be slow and boring game isn't ever an option.

So you are suggesting we shouldn't have counters for one hitters? Its also like saying there shouldn't have counters for mages or spells. I'm just implying there should be an option to counter every possible deck in this game (discard, mage, healing) and beatdowns included. And I like to remind you not all one hitters are beatdown glass cannon.

This game is about outsmarting and countering the opponents strategy and not just about using 2 OP cards in a turn and hoping the opponent to die.

And you said slow decks are boring but for me its the other way around. "Yey I won on the 3rd round". Wow very fun indeed.

#6 21-02-2012 12:03:48

TPPK
Habitant de Guem

There are plenty of ways to avoid one hit KO, to be blunt the mix of a one hit KO deck is survival cards mixed with hard hitting cards.

The cards you suggested completely disable a strategy. You don't see me asking to disable the slow decks.

#7 21-02-2012 12:10:34

Paladino.:RR:.
Gardien

TPPK a écrit :

There are plenty of ways to avoid one hit KO, to be blunt the mix of a one hit KO deck is survival cards mixed with hard hitting cards.

The cards you suggested completely disable a strategy. You don't see me asking to disable the slow decks.

Because there is no need, cards like sentence disable all priests decks alredy, cards like freeze disable all craftmans.. Cards like good omens for avalonians disable permanents, that demon hunter card that remove item or permanet depending on race,  and there are other tha disable permanents and items..

I'm sorry but eredan gone from Rock, Paper and Scizor, to Rock vs Rock and who can hit harder...

#8 21-02-2012 13:03:09

soulst3al3r
Solarian

@paladino: pray to the spirits is the demon hunter card that you speak of.

#9 21-02-2012 13:12:25

jackal19
Gardien
Lieu : SDM

yes we need cards that counter those op one shot strats the game itself has gotten boring because you can practically one shot anyone nowadays im just a person that likes manipulating and weakening my opponents and slowly kill em and i prefer strategy over brute and brainless force but still deflecting op attacks is stilll satisfying though.

New englishchat: http://xat.com/EnglisheredanNeo---Online

"Tea is best enjoyed with your fellow monsters"
-Frederica Bernkastel

#10 21-02-2012 16:32:03

TPPK
Habitant de Guem

Lets sum up shall we?

general ones:
favor of the dawn, follow the pink rabbit, fallback, obesity...

specific ones, demon portal, dazzle, cup of life, living dagger, tracker mask, etc...
need more?
There are zillions of cards already,

Dernière modification par TPPK (21-02-2012 16:32:22)

#11 22-02-2012 07:14:42

Lygatos
Campeur

Umm... i guess my advice would be the following (I used to run a OHKO noz mage deck, and still run a Zil dag/speed/power deck)

to avoid OHKO's:  3 words:

use Demon Hunter's

im sure you can figure out the rest

Just letting you know ahead of time though, Demon hunters are great at adapting to any situation, but be careful with them.  It takes a special kind of player to use them effectively.

#12 22-02-2012 12:37:44

Limestone
Solarian

Paladino.:RR:. a écrit :

I'm sorry but eredan gone from Rock, Paper and Scizor, to Rock vs Rock and who can hit harder...

You were doing the wrong metaphor.. It's Rock vs Boulder, Guns vs Cannons and Little brother vs Big brother =P

Stop licking your wound, and start licking mine little puppies

Pied de page des forums