Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 07-01-2012 15:50:44

Zeba
Gardien
Lieu : Conce, Chile
Site Web

Telen-girl

telen_girl_by_sirzeba-d4lkz9v.png

Meanwhile, in a parallel universe...

Zeba, el gran campeón de la Sombra. Originario de los confines, ha llegado a guem para vender su basura y poder alimentarse, pero un encuentro inesperado cambiará toda su percepción del universo...
SBR, not just a guild... a family...

#2 07-01-2012 18:30:26

MrLordi92
Gardien
Lieu : Rhode Island

Re : Telen-girl

Good 'ole Earth-11.....

No one else is gonna know what that is.....

"Some say there's no subtly to destruction.  You know what?  They're dead." ~ Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

"One footstep among many is silent.  One footstep alone is deafening."

#3 08-01-2012 11:07:40

PatrikÅkervinda
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : Ängelholm, Sweden

MrLordi92 a écrit :

Good 'ole Earth-11.....

No one else is gonna know what that is.....

A part of DCs Multiverse. I can imagine that there are quite a few here who knows.

#4 23-01-2012 04:08:04

newbie noob
Voyageur

wow this is a great drawing my best drawing a stick man

Dernière modification par newbie noob (25-01-2012 00:06:59)

I'm very newbie smile and i love it!!!!!1

#5 23-01-2012 04:33:59

Dooger
Campeur

Seems too similar to Telendar. This is Telendar after a sex-change operation and the surprise on her face is not getting her crystals worth from surgery... It's a good start but maybe make her strike a pose. Her outfit is too symmetrical, which is a design no-no. Color is good, but also could work in a more red purple to offset her being a female counterpart.

Just my 2 cents.

Dernière modification par Dooger (23-01-2012 04:34:24)

#6 23-01-2012 08:35:20

MrLordi92
Gardien

Dooger a écrit :

Seems too similar to Telendar. This is Telendar after a sex-change operation and the surprise on her face is not getting her crystals worth from surgery... It's a good start but maybe make her strike a pose. Her outfit is too symmetrical, which is a design no-no. Color is good, but also could work in a more red purple to offset her being a female counterpart.

Just my 2 cents.

Fair enough, but a reversed gender version of a canon character is sort of supposed to look like their originals.  I'm sure it doesn't help that Telendar's hair is already a bit on the long, feminine side, so he could have made it longer, but it looks fine the way it is.  Personally my only gripe is that she has such a surprised, innocent look about her while Telendar's a little...  Not so surprised and innocent.

As for saying symmetry is a design no-no...  That's like asking someone what their favorite movie is, and then telling them they're wrong.  Symmetrical and asymmetrical design are just two different ways to design stuff.  So you're saying Superman, Batman, and hell, a good portion of the DC's Universe characters have ill-designed suits because they're symmetrical?  Telendar's design is symetrical.  Send Naidade (The artist of Telendar) an e-mail about how to design outfits.  I'm sure they'll love to hear what you have to say.

"Some say there's no subtly to destruction.  You know what?  They're dead." ~ Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

#7 23-01-2012 16:53:14

Dooger
Campeur

MrLordi92 a écrit :
Dooger a écrit :

Just my 2 cents.

Fair enough, but a reversed gender version of a canon character is sort of supposed to look like their originals.  I'm sure it doesn't help that Telendar's hair is already a bit on the long, feminine side, so he could have made it longer, but it looks fine the way it is.  Personally my only gripe is that she has such a surprised, innocent look about her while Telendar's a little...  Not so surprised and innocent.

As for saying symmetry is a design no-no...  That's like asking someone what their favorite movie is, and then telling them they're wrong.  Symmetrical and asymmetrical design are just two different ways to design stuff.  So you're saying Superman, Batman, and hell, a good portion of the DC's Universe characters have ill-designed suits because they're symmetrical?  Telendar's design is symetrical.  Send Naidade (The artist of Telendar) an e-mail about how to design outfits.  I'm sure they'll love to hear what you have to say.

Not the suit being symmetrical, the drawing. Feet are symmetrical as are the head to shoulder level.  It is a common mistake many artists make. Has nothing to do with opinion. A symmetrical head-on shot is always lackluster and static. None of the card art we see in-game is symmetrical in pose.

I could quote Ollie Johnson and Frank Thomas in "The Illusion of Life", perhaps Vilpu would be a good quotation as well. All specify the importance of posing in different character art pieces. Naidade is obviously well aware of the benefits, so sending an email would only be counterproductive. I apologize if how I spoke earlier was unclear, but understand that their might be some people who critique with intent for an artist to explore possibilities, and not simply hang a drawing on a fridge. If criticism is not wanted, simply do not share your work.

/edit On second glance the feet are slightly offset. But with no real revised angle. It is more appealing than if it were at same level.

Dernière modification par Dooger (23-01-2012 16:56:59)

#8 24-01-2012 01:44:10

MrLordi92
Gardien

Dooger a écrit :
MrLordi92 a écrit :
Dooger a écrit :

Just my 2 cents.

Not the suit being symmetrical, the drawing. Feet are symmetrical as are the head to shoulder level.  It is a common mistake many artists make. Has nothing to do with opinion. A symmetrical head-on shot is always lackluster and static. None of the card art we see in-game is symmetrical in pose.

I could quote Ollie Johnson and Frank Thomas in "The Illusion of Life", perhaps Vilpu would be a good quotation as well. All specify the importance of posing in different character art pieces. Naidade is obviously well aware of the benefits, so sending an email would only be counterproductive. I apologize if how I spoke earlier was unclear, but understand that their might be some people who critique with intent for an artist to explore possibilities, and not simply hang a drawing on a fridge. If criticism is not wanted, simply do not share your work.

/edit On second glance the feet are slightly offset. But with no real revised angle. It is more appealing than if it were at same level.

Dooger a écrit :

Her outfit is too symmetrical, which is a design no-no.

You said her outfit is too symmetrical.  I'm supposed to be able to figure out you meant her pose and not what she's wearing?  I've never heard the phrase 'Strike an outfit.'

#9 24-01-2012 02:01:06

Dooger
Campeur

MrLordi92 a écrit :
Dooger a écrit :

You said her outfit is too symmetrical.  I'm supposed to be able to figure out you meant her pose and not what she's wearing?  I've never heard the phrase 'Strike an outfit.'

Oh chill out MrLordi92. I said I was sorry if I was bad at communicating the fact of the pose instead of outfit. What is your background in drawing btw?

#10 24-01-2012 06:33:58

MrLordi92
Gardien

Dooger a écrit :
MrLordi92 a écrit :
Dooger a écrit :

Oh chill out MrLordi92. I said I was sorry if I was bad at communicating the fact of the pose instead of outfit. What is your background in drawing btw?

When did you say you were sorry?

Not that it's really anyone's business, let alone yours, but I'm a technical artist right now about to graduate from New England Tech.

#11 24-01-2012 11:25:40

Talamare
Habitant de Guem

Ah, cute~

#12 24-01-2012 18:07:04

Dooger
Campeur

Dooger a écrit :

I apologize if how I spoke earlier was unclear,

Nice. Experimental or traditional? I'm currently finishing up my degree in animation at Milwaukee Area Tech. Not too much work in Wisconsin though. Commission can be a pain sometimes.

#13 24-01-2012 18:10:31

Nurvus
Gardien

You don't understand... Telendar is a girl. She just didn't know her way around makeup.
You've been played all along.

Dernière modification par Nurvus (24-01-2012 18:10:51)

#14 25-01-2012 03:49:19

Zeba
Gardien
Lieu : Conce, Chile
Site Web

telendar_china_dress_by_sirzeba-d4m8060.png

Zeba, el gran campeón de la Sombra. Originario de los confines, ha llegado a guem para vender su basura y poder alimentarse, pero un encuentro inesperado cambiará toda su percepción del universo...
SBR, not just a guild... a family...

#15 25-01-2012 04:15:31

Talamare
Habitant de Guem

now do one in gothic lolita

#16 25-01-2012 04:18:15

Santuros
Nehantiste
Lieu : Colombia!!!

keep working, i bet you can make amazing drawings. In this one i would recommend you to work just a little in the face and hair perhaps. Anyway great job!!

I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. (Hafez)

#17 25-01-2012 04:25:13

MrLordi92
Gardien

Dooger a écrit :
Dooger a écrit :

I apologize if how I spoke earlier was unclear,

Nice. Experimental or traditional? I'm currently finishing up my degree in animation at Milwaukee Area Tech. Not too much work in Wisconsin though. Commission can be a pain sometimes.

Traditional.  Yeah, Kurt Schilling's company, 38 Studios, just moved pretty much next door to my city, so I could get a job there.  Plus Turbine is really close, too.

Pied de page des forums