Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 20-01-2012 07:32:13

hotfoot
Habitant de Guem

What guilds do/don't you play and why?

I was just curious as to what reasons people play the guilds that they do, coming into this game an games similar there are always teams/guilds/colors an ones that I automatically know I never want to have anything to do with. So I'll split these up into three questions.

1. What guilds do you play an why?

Zil: Of the starter decks they seemed the coolest to me, I'm partial to rogue-ish characters an this guild seemed to be the best for that, Plus they seemed to kinda walk the line of good and bad, which was cool.

Nehantist: I like playing bad guys and demons are cool so this guild was right up my ally. I just wish they would give them a caste an a few more solid mechanics.

Mercs: mostly Tempus because they're time lords and bow ties are cool, an the new ice elves because they were free and they have beast forms which is awesome.

2. What guilds do you have no interest in?

Noz: Hate being the gooiest of the good. I like playing good guys too, but I hate playing THE good guys.

Sap hearts: meh, just doesn't move me. I've seen some pretty cool decks with them, but the nature theme doesn't do anything for me. Maybe because I'm a city boy.

3. What Guilds are you not playing but have considered?

Pirates: I like the lightning thing that they got going on, very cool, plus they seem like a bit of an underdog guild, which I'm a sucker for.

Katoba: Specifically Demon hunters an Crow. I like the whole supernatural feel of them plus I like the art of all the characters in those caste. Not sure how well they play though.

anyway, those are my picks. I'd like to hear from the rest of the community on this one tho.

Dernière modification par hotfoot (20-01-2012 07:32:38)

#2 20-01-2012 15:34:24

Ukyo
Voyageur

Re : What guilds do/don't you play and why?

Pirates
Been playing pirates for a really long time and its beacuse:
- Its my most favourite guild
- I love its flavor. Always been into pirates and their style
- I love them underdogs, even more fun if when you win with it
- BOOM.
- Armada is epic.. not too overpowered yet not underpowered... yet you get to see big numbers playing her in almost every match.

Noz
Too many things I'm interested in for noz! But I dont have that much crystals to get everything. Therefore currently playing my most favourite castes from Noz... Dragon Knights. Totally into knights too (especially with beeeeeg swords) and I love how they all tank (especially with chimera and dragons champion).. keeps making me feel like.. I need to do any means to last against my opponents and I like it xD

Working towards pure mages too if I can

Zil
To be honest I'm only interested in pack. Of course not only because its cheap but again the flavor of it.. I think its because their effects really support each other best. I love teamplay too much xD

If I have the crystals.. might try shadow mages too.. they at least do seem interesting enough.

Nomads
I'm not too into ancients of the ancients xD nor desert type guys xD

Sap Hearts
Same as nomads... Nature theme doesnt really get me into the game as much. Though I do like the concept of multi hitting.. I'd try it without much consideration if that applied to kotoba too somehow xD (and if quickdraw ever gets cheaper >.>)

These.. I cant play them obviously because the lack of crystals XD

Mercs
mainly basic, simple yet solid cards and stats, always worth trying for me.

Nehants
I love epic good guys (like noz) but I love epic badasses too (like nehants).

Kotoba
Probably the guild I look forward to make the most now (if possible irogakyusha deck.. but thats expensive T_T) Obviously I'm into japanese stuffs XD so Kotoba will never escape from my mind.

For me.. I'm mainly here for flavor, and not that much into winning games. And about deck preferences I do seem to like big numbers or being tankers (with the exception for powder pirates where I cant resist blowing people up into pieces XD)

Dernière modification par Ukyo (20-01-2012 15:41:48)

"I've been in the basement. For about 495 years." - Flandre Scarlet
IGN: Flandre
♥ Pirates ♥
I'm a dood.

#3 20-01-2012 19:09:15

Nurvus
Gardien

I don't have Guilds I play and Guilds I don't.
I'm in for specific decks and ignore all else.

Nehantists - This one I like certain playstyles, so often decks are around specific cards, rather than specific characters.
Cutting All Ties, Hand of Death, Ripper, Demonic Portal

Noz'Dingard
Dragon Knight, WitchBlade or Courtesan.

Pirates
Narwhal, Lightning Mages.

Mercenaries
Fog Hydra, Ice Elves, Avalonians.

Desert Nomads
Eclipse, Immortals, Sakina Guardians (kudos to Annihilate).

Kotoba
Crow, Tsoutai or Courtesan.

Sap Hearts
Quick Draw or Courtesan.

Zil Warriors
The Pack or Courtesan.

There is no such Guild I see this way. But I'll admit Zil and Sap Hearts are the ones I play the least.

There is no such Guild I see this way.

Dernière modification par Nurvus (20-01-2012 19:09:59)

#4 20-01-2012 23:22:47

Calandra
Gardien
Lieu : Dickes B, oben an der Spree

i started with noz because i didnt know it any better... they are hard to play and after some struggle in my early carrier i finally managed to swap to desert nomads... for which reason? i admit... i liked to have a team made of only female chars and the first few i had enjoyed leveling were [card]Malika[/card] and [card]Kararine[/card]... also i liked cards like [card]under the sun[/card] simply sexy

when i hit level 10 or something around that i first met a player who used IhaS against me... and i was simply impressed so i made it my 2nd deck (still the oldest deck i run made 15th feb 2011) and i still play it...

nowadays i like the most:

Zil: and only the priests. cause i have 2 ways to reach for victory... either i defeat my enemies in a normal beatdown or if i realize i m not standing up long enough for that way i ll go for discard win...

Sap: its my oldest deck with homchai and nowadays its more succesful then half a year ago since ppl dont carry anathemize anymore

Nomads: i still go for sexy nomads even though my decks show lil to no sexyness anymore since i would call [card]iolmarek[/card] and [card]Shrikan[/card] anything but sexy... i have 2 decks here... one temple guardian priests and one immortals

EDIT:
Courtesans: since i once sold a prestige from a booster and bought ishaia i m also a fan of courts... i have 2 types of sitar-hero decks... ish, kimiko, psalm and psalm, dandy, mylad

Noz: personally i wonder why i ever chose Noz... i really dont like them and these strats with compendium crystal storm or pilkim's superspiritlightningkillseveryonewithonestrike things... also they are way to blue for me...

Kotoba: in the beginning i tried them and for a few fights they are fun but they never keep/kept my interests for long

Pirates: dunno why... same as kotoba i guess... they are good for some strange old trophies though

Nehantists: dont like them... never did... i have a corruption deck which i use to farm bosses in adventure but i seldom take them against other players

Mercs: tempus was my first attempt of building a merc deck but even this was no competition to regular guild decks... imo they lack merc-only-cards... never took interests in any merc but foamy

i have at least tried every guild for some time... surely not every playstyle and not all the combinations but as i m a collector type i keep almost all the cards i come across and i can build many decks for all guilds but none of those i build holds legendary cards or anything i would call it a 100% finished deck with no better improvements to make... maybe my zil priests are the only ones i would consider a tough nut to crack

Dernière modification par Calandra (20-01-2012 23:26:33)

Wash the spears... while the sun climbs high.
Wash the spears... while the sun climbs low.
Wash the spears... who fears to die?
Wash the spears... no one I know!

#5 22-01-2012 03:35:30

Anihilate
Solarian

Nehantists: They are anti-Everything. I play an offset of Corruption mages focused on using Demonic Portal. Azaram instead of Iron Mask. When it wins, it demolishes, when it loses, it's by a hair.
Quick kill marauders are nice too. Paranoia is a very fun card
Direct Damage demons are quite nasty
And the guild's overall aesthetics make me feel at home.

Noz: DK's all the way. They're essentially a more versatile version of old school Kotoba.

Mercs: FOG HYDRAAAAAAAAAAAA

Sap Hearts: Homchai that don't revolve around IHAS are actually very scary. Dias are decent as well, I still dislike how world tree plays though. I like the diversity of the guild, especially for being the second guild released after beta.

Nomads: TG: No Graveyard. I started playing nomads during a depression, someone very close to me had passed, so it seemed appealing at the time. Nomads are a very strange guild to me, when played correctly, they're the guild most capable of scoring Perfects.

Pirates: Lightning mages hurt, but they look boring to play. Same goes for powder and Beatdown pirates. When I play against them I get sleepy, because I've seen it all before. The Marauder beatdown is the only setup that messes with me.

Kotoba: It's hideously expensive to make any kotoba deck, and most of their cards are pretty basic. All brawn, no brains, no thank you.

Zil: Priests: Saphyra(lV2), Psychurgist, Terrific.

IGN: Shrei VonWeisheit
Mercenaries and trophies are underrated.
PS: I'm insane big_smile

#6 22-01-2012 04:20:20

Dracatis
Habitant de Guem

Pirates - Totally my style doing odd things that most decks don't see coming, so many fun combinations.  Two golems, Four Craftsmen, Lightning craziness, Powder fun, Mercs shooting people out of battle and of coarse the big boom... everyone dies!

Sap Hearts - I am a nature fan, which initially drew me but really their a fun and diverse clan.  What I mean is there is several cards that cross boundries, the multirace cards pretty much letting you pull anyone in for a fun new and different combo that still has a good chance of working.  Multihitting is also defiantly a plus and something not many other clans can do (other then multiple spell casts).

Zil - Typically I avoid evil and greed, but I had to get a Prestige for my only legendary and I already had a discard deck built for some trophies (also I like having a bunch of different types of decks so that if I can't beat something one way...)

Kotoba - Crow, love em.  A team that can not only punch you via spirit rather then defense but also cripple mages.  The sheer fact they can take out any attached card and have some fairly awe inspiring combos is just a bonus.

Nehants - Late to the game when I was already building other decks, evil and can't use mercs?  Meh, I MIGHT make a hand deny deck for variety someday but otherwise, no.

Noz - I started with Witchblades, yea they can be good again(not a big fan of the new armor) but the guild seems too dependent on their broken stuff, like Dragon's Wit and I doubt they'll get anything really good for a long while.  I have a couple ideas for some off the wall combos but I have other better plans ahead of that.

Nomads - They just don't appeal to me, though as the major priest guild I can't outright discard them, maybe someday.

Pied de page des forums