Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 02-01-2012 06:20:19

Nurvus
Gardien

Marketplace Fix 2012

Right now, players play the Marketplace by holding onto certain cards, wait as the Marketplace mechanics increase their price, then sell them at enormous prices.

1 - To the exception of Legendaries, all Base cards (not their upgrades) should always be available for sale in the marketplace, whether players sell them or not.
2 - A Minimum and Maximum price limit should be enforced on the above cards, so that no matter how little or how much players sell or buy them, their prices never go above or below a certain limit.
3 - Prices would still fluctuate normally.

Results:
- Certain characters do not become ridiculously overpriced just because players hold onto key cards required for their evolution.
- Marketplace is still a way to make profit, but not easily dominated to the point of making some players miserable.

Dernière modification par Nurvus (02-01-2012 06:25:00)

#2 03-01-2012 18:24:49

ledeir
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : MA, USA

Re : Marketplace Fix 2012

Though I would love to have all base cards available on the market, I do not think this would be a good change.

I might be able to agree with it if it were just all secondary cards required for evolutions were available though... After all those cards are continuously being removed from circulation without being replaced... And this should be done in the shop instead of in the market...

#3 03-01-2012 22:04:50

Nessaj
Guémélite

Maybe the packs could be changed a bit, like the older guild packs had something like 6 or 8 cards from the related guild, the rest was random. It could be implemented to something like 8-9 cards are from the act 4 or 5 (the choosen) and the rest is random from all other acts.

Evil is just a point of view >)

#4 04-01-2012 01:01:36

Gabriel_Caetano
Guémélite
Lieu : Dublin - Ireland

Nessaj a écrit :

Maybe the packs could be changed a bit, like the older guild packs had something like 6 or 8 cards from the related guild, the rest was random. It could be implemented to something like 8-9 cards are from the act 4 or 5 (the choosen) and the rest is random from all other acts.

that would be interesting... another option is to create some kind of common/uncommon lotto. You pay a good deal of crystals and get a card.

Teacher: Wake up Calvin! This is Geography class! In what state do you live in?
Calvin: Denial!
Teacher: I can't argue with that...

#5 04-01-2012 01:06:05

Gabriel_Caetano
Guémélite
Lieu : Dublin - Ireland

another is not allowing cards needed to upgrade characters not being salable

Teacher: Wake up Calvin! This is Geography class! In what state do you live in?
Calvin: Denial!
Teacher: I can't argue with that...

#6 04-01-2012 01:57:01

Nurvus
Gardien

Maybe you guys aren't getting this.

The price would still fluctuate, but the cards would always be there.
To avoid monopolizing, a maximum price would be enforced.
To avoid losing value, a minimum price would be enforced.

This way it would be similar to the current situation, you could still make profit, but you couldn't ruin it for others by holding onto cards required to upgrade other cards, and later selling them at ridiculous prices.

It's the only 2 things this is preventing:
- Cards that can't be upgraded because their reagents aren't available
- Cards that are too expensive because of this

#7 04-01-2012 07:04:38

ledeir
Habitant de Guem

Nurvus a écrit :

Maybe you guys aren't getting this.

The price would still fluctuate, but the cards would always be there.
To avoid monopolizing, a maximum price would be enforced.
To avoid losing value, a minimum price would be enforced.

This way it would be similar to the current situation, you could still make profit, but you couldn't ruin it for others by holding onto cards required to upgrade other cards, and later selling them at ridiculous prices.

It's the only 2 things this is preventing:
- Cards that can't be upgraded because their reagents aren't available
- Cards that are too expensive because of this

I can't be sure, but I'm pretty sure the majority of the price is not because of hoarding. Its because of demand... We have a system which removes them from circulation, so the supply is constantly dwindling...

The problem is not hoarding, its decreasing supply...
And the proper fix to that is to have the shop, not the market, sell those cards which are consumable. They should be at a set price and have a constant source.

Working against this is the nature of of CCG. Even though this is an online game, the spirit of being a collectable card game is still important. You cannot have an unlimited supply of anything... Supply is supposed to be limited.

#8 04-01-2012 11:05:42

Gent M
Habitant de Guem

The real problem is the cause of limited supply. Here's a perfect example on the flaws of the market.

I have 3 extra demon may rise since I got 3 from adventure mode. (1,3k max price, 0 copies on the market) 
At the same time I would like to buy a Dark Ritual (12k) - 22 copies on the market at the moment.

Basically what the current market system wants me to do is sell some cards in very high demand at a very low price and buy another card that is in surplus for a high price. For me it looks like a terrible deal. So the only rational decision is to wait for the price of demon may rise to increase and for the price of Dark Ritual to decrease.

I am sure there are plenty of players just like me who aren't interested in speculating the market but rather making reasonable trades that allow them to expand their collections.

#9 04-01-2012 16:53:54

ledeir
Habitant de Guem

Gent M a écrit :

Basically what the current market system wants me to do is sell some cards in very high demand at a very low price and buy another card that is in surplus for a high price. For me it looks like a terrible deal. So the only rational decision is to wait for the price of demon may rise to increase and for the price of Dark Ritual to decrease.

So it sounds like what you are proposing is linking the price to the amount of supply?

#10 04-01-2012 21:23:03

Talamare
Habitant de Guem

the real annoying part is when both the cost and supply is high

#11 05-01-2012 01:43:48

FianDeBoris
Ptit nouveau

arghh . .
this is bullshit man ..
i thought i can wait longer so the price goes down . . sad
ternyata gk bs . .
how can a machine arrange the market price . .!!?

#12 05-01-2012 01:45:38

FianDeBoris
Ptit nouveau

Gent M a écrit :

The real problem is the cause of limited supply. Here's a perfect example on the flaws of the market.

I have 3 extra demon may rise since I got 3 from adventure mode. (1,3k max price, 0 copies on the market) 
At the same time I would like to buy a Dark Ritual (12k) - 22 copies on the market at the moment.

I am sure there are plenty of players just like me who aren't interested in speculating the market but rather making reasonable trades that allow them to expand their collections.

that's it man . .
its so horibble now to playing eredan . . sad

#13 05-01-2012 03:28:52

Nurvus
Gardien

Would be nice for once, to have people discussing how an idea "might work", rather than simply saying the cause and effect are wrong...

This topic is not about saying it sucks to play, or how terrible the marketplace is.
Can we be more objective?

I'm suggesting a way to make it better.
I'm not saying my idea is perfect - I'm saying it's way better than the current state.

It would have its own ripples, consequences.
Negative:
- losing the "power" to overprice cards too much.
Positive:
- No such thing as completely unable to evolve a card because the required ones are unavailable or absurdly expensive (because they're unavailable).

The exact type of cards included in this are open for debate.
Several restrictions could apply:
1 - Rarity (maybe only common and uncommon)
2 - Upgradeable (cannot be final upgrade, nor cards that cannot be upgraded)
3 - Type (maybe non-character only)

Dernière modification par Nurvus (05-01-2012 03:33:29)

Pied de page des forums