Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 25-09-2011 03:16:02

8symbols
Ptit nouveau

Skyward Boots and Naginata

I was looking through the cards in the marketplace recently and noticed the spear "Naginata" (which I never see anyone playing with).  It occurred to me that if I used "Skyward Boots" with it that it would be a decent combination.  So I saved up my crystals for a couple weeks and bought myself three Naginatas and two pairs of Skyward boots, threw them into a deck, and jumped into the training room.  Sadly, I discovered that the combination doesn't work.
  Since "Naginata" is never used, and "Skyward Boots", thought rather expensive, is only useful for cards like "Fog Hydra" I thought it might be cool if you guys changed the way those two cards interact.  "Naginata" would be a lot more useful if cards like "That's an Order" and "It's Time" activated it, too.

#2 25-09-2011 10:38:56

Zurga
Modérateur Eredan

Re : Skyward Boots and Naginata

If you play the boots before the naginata, the bonus order always occurs before the naginata is resolved and you have always the naginata's bonus.

I have played Naginata with Silikat or similar character with permanent order after a certain turn (Galmara for example).

I move this thread in the English part.

Collectionneur de cartes

#3 25-09-2011 14:45:07

Nurvus
Gardien

If you're going to equip [card]Skyward Boots[/card] first and then [card]Naginata[/card], you need to be [card]Foam Giant[/card] or play [card]Backpack[/card] first, because if you're gonna play Skyward Boots and Naginata on different fights, you'll probably be dead by the time the combo kicks in, wich would happen at best at the 3rd fight.

And the solution is as simple as it can get - just make Naginata effect apply after the cards are played!

This way [card]It is Time[/card], [card]That's an Order[/card] and Skyward Boots can all affect it.

Naginata is not that great of a card because it can't activate immediately, and you pretty much need to revolve a deck around it just to make use of it, so there's no need for the current limitation.

This holds true even if you apply my suggestion.

Dernière modification par Nurvus (25-09-2011 14:54:34)

#4 29-09-2011 22:37:17

Dracatis
Habitant de Guem

I agree with this, however this might be intentual because getting +3 attack +2 defense for one item is pretty powerful.  But anyone that has a order X+ or odd/even turns it's quite good for or obviously anyone with chain:item and both these in hand.  They really need some Chain: Clothes characters tongue.  Everything is good in it's place, right?

#5 30-09-2011 07:57:56

Nurvus
Gardien

Naginata has too many conditionals.
Only a few characters make natural use of it, and it doesn't make them particularly powerful as it is an item that never activates immediately.

If it was changed to -not- require the clumsy "play Skyward Boots first, naginata second", it would remain just as useful for characters that can use it (you won't benefit from the bonus on the first few turns anyway, and those characters usually have Orders from Turn 4+ or 5+), and would start having decent use for characters that don't naturally benefit from it, while still requiring you to add items and play in a specific manner just to make use of it.

This item requires alot of work just to have a -potential- +2 defense, because if you have a deck revolving around it, and someone only destroys/removes the Naginata, your Skyward Boots/etc would become obsolete.

The item doesn't compensate the effort required to use it at max effectiveness.

Pied de page des forums