Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#26 07-09-2011 09:36:55

jackal19
Gardien
Lieu : SDM

Re : Limited Edition Legendary Pack

imagine getting 10 magic hats at one go and getting a crappy legend XD

New englishchat: http://xat.com/EnglisheredanNeo---Online

"Tea is best enjoyed with your fellow monsters"
-Frederica Bernkastel

#27 07-09-2011 14:26:02

Xervos
Habitant de Guem

Well this is quite a favorable deal but the time span is to little for players to save up the needed feez.

It's like buying 30 premium packs with the bonus of having 1 Legendary and the Foil and Destiny cards, plus saving 2001 feez (30 premium packs would cost 12000 feez).

And according to The Devtracker thread...

"Several posts concerning the legendary pack

-You can sell the card you have just transformed with the special foil card on the marketplace, if the card in question was sellable beforehand of course.

-There are no same copies in this pack except for the XP cards of course.

-Antimagic glyph cannot be obtained in this pack."

I just hope they extend the time span or just let it be accessible for unlimited time since it's one copy for player.

Thorn between light and darkness.

#28 08-09-2011 02:43:33

nemoutopia
Habitant de Guem

Xervos a écrit :

And according to The Devtracker thread...

"Several posts concerning the legendary pack

-You can sell the card you have just transformed with the special foil card on the marketplace, if the card in question was sellable beforehand of course.

-There are no same copies in this pack except for the XP cards of course.

-Antimagic glyph cannot be obtained in this pack."

I just hope they extend the time span or just let it be accessible for unlimited time since it's one copy for player.

This addresses most of the concerns I was about to post. Simply ensuring the cards are salable, not bound, makes the pack much more attractive, as does the copy limit. If the copy limit extends beyond rares to uncommons and commons, then I would cheer because that is a nice perk as well. I am somewhat curious about the Anti-Magic glyph thing, but not complaining. I do not see the cost of the pack as an actual concern considering the large discount for its size and guaranteed legendary and XP cards that add up to well above and beyond standard chances of XP cards.

That said about the price, I too see the time limit as the primary concern. If these are limited to one purchase anyway, why the time limit? Like others I am torn between the desire to purchase the cards at such a discount and the disadvantages of the bulk purchase when:
-No event is going on (unable to time purchase to gain any event benefit)
-No collector's card for a release is included (and speaking of which, has this practice stopped? It seems a long while since the last)
-Unknown if the standard premium pack chance of converting the rare to a legendary applies, as this benefit is 'lost' from buying straight packs

The constraint makes it hard for many who would purchase it to make the purchase before the time limit runs out, and presumably prevents any event bonus. These are my primary two concerns with the Pack.

Dernière modification par nemoutopia (08-09-2011 02:46:17)

#29 08-09-2011 03:34:48

Xervos
Habitant de Guem

Is it just me or did the daily friend bonus disappeared after the patch?

Thorn between light and darkness.

#30 08-09-2011 06:46:13

DaRkStAr666
Modérateur Eredan
Lieu : Austria
Site Web

Xervos a écrit :

Is it just me or did the daily friend bonus disappeared after the patch?

yes, its written in the german news, but not in the english..
you earn more crystals when competing daily quests, but just 100 crystals more -.-

#31 08-09-2011 08:12:21

Gent M
Habitant de Guem

nemoutopia a écrit :

-No collector's card for a release is included (and speaking of which, has this practice stopped? It seems a long while since the last)

The last collector came out with the Noz release for the card [card]Mentalism[/card].

#32 08-09-2011 09:36:00

magius
Solarian

I do wonder sometimes of the price Feerik puts on their boosters. For virtual cards that do not have resale value outside the online world, it is very very steep.

Magic the Gathering at least have physical cards that have resale value outside the game in a 'secondary' market.

Personally as a casual player, I spend some money from time to time, normally paying for boosters when it is discounted as I felt that the price is better though still slightly steep for virtual cards.

Ultimately, it is Feerik's decision. By making the boosters affordable, you will have better sales and more player satisfaction. It might also improve the availability of cards in marketplace. I have reserves about the marketplace working principles, but that I leave for another time :-)

Magius [FH] FullHouse Clan

#33 08-09-2011 10:18:21

Arnyhold
Ptit nouveau

magius a écrit :

*See above*

I totally agree with you. I do not know who does the pricing, but he certainly do not know if they lower the prices they can ultimately earn more (marshallian cross is a pretty easy concept to digest, some might wonder). Not to mention the market price for some serious cards are at the momet kind of unavailable for most of us. I mean okay legendary cards should cost a LOT, but when a basic card that is needed for a concept costs like 40k and you need 3? I'm talking about rare or sometimes even uncommon cards.

When I started playing I realized I have to spend money here. I liked the game I did so, even that the pricing is unusually high for most of us. I have no problem with that. The amount I spent for this game (in the last 3 months) equals with buying a brand new internet game with monthly subscribtion and playing it for half a year.

The funny thing is that even with spending this money I have hard times to get some cards that is like a must, to be competent with those who can afford it. I learned about sales a lot later and I'm not the most patient kind (when I want something I must buy it or I feel bad). I totally understand why most of the new people just give it up.

What I do not understand how people here see this as a discount:

This is a periodic event type of sale, that is limited to one/player, yet:
As far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong) we usually can buy a 12 cards booster (with 1 rare) in the sale period for 200 feez. If I decide to spend 10.000 feez (oh god thats a lot, I can buy like a brand new huuuge monitor for that price, not some virtual cards) I can buy 50 boosters. That is 600 cards with 50 guaranteed rare and hellofa good chance to draw some better stuff as well. I do not think simply some fancy xp cards a foilmaker worth it... Some legendaries are not even expensive. (compared to some sick priced rare)

So yeah well it is tempting, but you relese new cards almost every week. It is not something that you buy and then do not buy any more boosters, because of that. It is not even a real discount. sad I wonder how many ppl will buy it.

#34 09-09-2011 05:51:11

gsgfdsfgd
Campeur

mm. if i were to wait for one of those 30% off promotions, i could get 35 guild boosters + 1-2simples with 10k feez.

#35 09-09-2011 08:41:09

Nurvus
Gardien

If Feerik were to lower the booster base prices, he'd probably feel obligated to refund players the amount they spent on boosters above that new price.

So if until now you bought 100 boosters for 400 feez each, and he lowers to 300 feez, he'd probably feel obligated to refund you 10000 feez.

The funny thing is, he wouldn't lose anything...
It's a non-resellable virtual currency.

As for Marketplace repercussions, the Marketplace is already broken atm.
It can't get worse.

If Feerik introduces in the store the possibility to buy booster cards for a fixed crystal value, such that you buy for X from the store and sell for 1/2 or even 1/4 of that to the store; Marketplace would become a place where you can buy for less and sell for more than you would in the Store, but with a Max and Min price enforced by the Store.

So let's imagine the store sold [card]Favor of the Dawn[/card] for 20000 Crystals. And when you resell to store it pays you 10000 Crystals.

You could atempt to sell in the Marketplace for a price roughly between 11200 and 19999 Crystals, taking the 10% tax into account.
- If you tried to sell for 20000 or more, players would simply buy from the Store instead.
- If you tried to sell for 11000 or less, you'd be a fool since you'd get more out of selling to the Store.

Dernière modification par Nurvus (09-09-2011 08:46:57)

#36 09-09-2011 10:44:15

Dantesan
Solarian

Update concerning the legendary pack on the devtracker.

Don't kill the dream, execute it.

#37 09-09-2011 13:01:16

goscar
Guémélite

I saw the update and I can already say greed will destroy you. It isn't a deadly sin for nothing.

Dragon Knights ftw big_smile

#38 09-09-2011 13:21:35

magius
Solarian

goscar a écrit :

I saw the update and I can already say greed will destroy you. It isn't a deadly sin for nothing.

There is also temptation for those who can afford it smile

But on a serious note, it is a virtual card after all dealing with virtual currency. I'm sure there are costs involved (server hosting, artwork, etc.) but making the game affordable to everyone is a good thing. Personally, I cannot justify the amount of money needed for virtual boosters that have no physical value outside Eredan compared to a MtG booster.

Somehow, with this release (its not a bad thing mind you) unearth the fact that money-generation trumps over better game experience, fixing a broken market place, new game content for older players or even a decency of not announcing event (sale, etc.) after a general weekly card release.

A company that focuses on player, I feel, will have a longer life span. We are the one that supports your game after all. Voicing our concern in Suggestions or Discussion threads (after all, the ones that voiced opinion care about this game, look at Bleachman's thread) but not having any feedback from developers are just plain dismissive in my book.

Not sure on how effective the International Q&A would be given that it is just a Q&A session.

Dernière modification par magius (09-09-2011 13:31:31)

#39 09-09-2011 15:07:47

Dantesan
Solarian

magius a écrit :
goscar a écrit :

There is also temptation for those who can afford it smile

But on a serious note, it is a virtual card after all dealing with virtual currency. I'm sure there are costs involved (server hosting, artwork, etc.) but making the game affordable to everyone is a good thing. Personally, I cannot justify the amount of money needed for virtual boosters that have no physical value outside Eredan compared to a MtG booster.

Somehow, with this release (its not a bad thing mind you) unearth the fact that money-generation trumps over better game experience, fixing a broken market place, new game content for older players or even a decency of not announcing event (sale, etc.) after a general weekly card release.

A company that focuses on player, I feel, will have a longer life span. We are the one that supports your game after all. Voicing our concern in Suggestions or Discussion threads (after all, the ones that voiced opinion care about this game, look at Bleachman's thread) but not having any feedback from developers are just plain dismissive in my book.

Not sure on how effective the International Q&A would be given that it is just a Q&A session.

I understand the frustration.

Believe me or not, the devs actually read your posts guys, the problem comes from the language barrier and a lot of work.

if you are annoyed about it, whe not ask in the Q&A?

Look there is so much one person can do but why spit at the Q&A? It is just one simple way to organize and provide info based on the questions you will ask. It's a little step but it's one step foward at least...

The idea was to establish better communication between Feerik and the player base. I'm sure you guys have questions? Then go ahead and fire away.

I know communication hasn't been flowing between parties but bashing the actual attempt of establishing something new is not something I quite understand nor very productive either.

Let's give it a try right or are we just going to whine about it?

I welcome doomsdayers and naysayers, it's all part of what we call a community but bear in mind that there are some people that are working very hard behind this game, you might want to think about that before posting such a statement.

#40 09-09-2011 15:29:00

magius
Solarian

Dantesan a écrit :

I know communication hasn't been flowing between parties but bashing the actual attempt of establishing something new is not something I quite understand nor very productive either.

I guess it is not intentional for me to bash the Q&A thread. My apologies if it seem that way. Understandably in the past, we did have such discussion before and it does not come to any conclusion or feedback on what we have mentioned. I agree it is a a step nonetheless.

Like you have mentioned, not all questions are going to be answered. But I hope that 'difficult' questions will be faced head on rather than allowing them to fade into background.

#41 09-09-2011 15:45:48

Dantesan
Solarian

magius a écrit :
Dantesan a écrit :

I guess it is not intentional for me to bash the Q&A thread. My apologies if it seem that way. Understandably in the past, we did have such discussion before and it does not come to any conclusion or feedback on what we have mentioned. I agree it is a a step nonetheless.

Like you have mentioned, not all questions are going to be answered. But I hope that 'difficult' questions will be faced head on rather than allowing them to fade into background.

Don't apologize Magius, this wasn't directed at you on a personal level.

The general feeling I'm getting on this forum is "I'm pissed off" and in many cases it is understandable. But, let's try and move on from that and try and improve how things work.

You guys are entitled to be informed and we will make sure than some important questions are answered. This is why the devtracker was created and that the new Q&A project is launched.

On that note, I wish you all a nice weekend.

I will close this thread now as is has gone off topic.

Pied de page des forums