Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 02-08-2011 23:13:33

GKZhukov
Voyageur

Ka-Boom (Pirates)

Hey there,

So a few days ago (or maybe a couple of weeks now, I lose track of time) I decided to potter around and make a Pirate Deck with Narwhals and Crickets. I then realised the potential of powder kegs and scuttling and so threw them in, however I'm finding it rather tricky to run due to the draw dependence and general weakness of Clover.

So any ideas on how to strengthen it would be appreciated. I've considered ditching the keg idea, but feel this leaves it rather weak (unless I stumble across a tonne of crystals for Assassinations, Warriors Fury etc.). I've also considered ditching the Narwhals/C&Ps for Pistol Blades and counter cards and going down a more traditional Keg route with Captain etc. but I think most of the weaknesses remain.

Anyway this is what I've been running.

Hook (Powder), Clover, Gemineye

3 Scuttling, 3 Powder Keg - The key to the deck. When it works it really works, when it fails, you're stuck with a clogged hand and a pithy craftswoman.
3 Conquer & Perish, 3 Narwhal - combined with Kegs, Crickets and AoE DD it's quite possible to kill 2 or even 3 enemies in a turn.
3 Infernal Cricket - 6 Direct Damage vs. a Kegged enemy. Can chain into a Narwhal for Target Switching, or can use it during your physical attack for another 3DD off the keg. Chain 2 for 15DD + Phys Att. Chain one on your Narwhalled character and follow it with a 2nd Narwhal/Cricket/Dismemberment depending on situation etc.
2 Dismemberment 4 + AoE DD if kegs are out. Would replace with Rain of Arrows if I had a deck capable of reaching 1800 ELO so I could get one. Explosion could also work (does the DD trigger twice if you play it on Gem?) and Storm. But don't have either of those yet either.
2 Jolly Roger Useful for damage boost and can be chained into but considering replacing with something that keeps me alive longer. Any thoughts?
1 Master Craftsman An attempt to allow Clover to do something after she scuttles, but not sure if it's really worth it tbh.

Basically, best case scenario usually involves opponent going first and me getting a Narwhal onto Gem. Then scuttling Clover on turn 2. Turn 3 Cricket/Narwhal. Turn 4 various combos on Hook/Gem involving spreading the DD love or C&P w/another Narwhal, Cricket etc. This usually does enough that when they kill Clover cheaply on Turn 5 it's irrelevant.

1st turn with scuttling can also be effective, although with Clover usually dying Turn 4 it can go down to who causes most damage. Furthermore if there's no scuttling in my opening hand, getting 1st turn is actually a pain, because I don't get to pick turn 4.

Main problem as stated at the start is that if Clover can't scuttle early, it's an uphill battle. But also she has very little damage output or resilience beyond that. And since all the chars die easily it can often turn into an everyone's dead scenario.

Anyways cheers for any feedback.

#2 03-08-2011 01:10:32

RyogaLX
Gardien

Re : Ka-Boom (Pirates)

For this days this is the most original and inteligent game I ever see!
Congrat you do a great job with it!
I'm really sure that this deck is trully fun.
Here is my advice, why no put a good defensive chains for clover for first turns.
I'm pretty sure that Mastercraftman is pretty nice card for this deck completly!
Rain of arrows, storm, dismemberment and other ideas is conditioned to Crickets and Narwals, soo you need to use it in the right time.

Otherwise is a great deck, clever, fun and pretty amanizing!

The Nehant Champion
L.N.O
"With facts, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual" Galileo Galilei

#3 03-08-2011 03:07:37

RyogaLX
Gardien

I had test this deck with rain of arrows, but doesn't work!
o.o!

The Nehant Champion
L.N.O
"With facts, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual" Galileo Galilei

#4 03-08-2011 04:31:58

Viliennas
Voyageur

Personally I don't really like deck with high stall hand chance.
However, I did spend all my crystal on Pirates only since forever, and try every combination i could...

Powder keg is really cool card... sadly, the bug doesn't seem to get fixed anytime soon. So I pretty much gave up on that.

However, I played Powder Keg deck in Level Room from time to time.
The best Two Combination I found is...

1. Mechanist Deck with Klementine in Nut version!

If play well, the Time Bomb can trigger Powder Deck in average 3 times per game.

And your opponent won't have a chance trying to discard Powder Keg or use Prestige on the Bomb. 'Cause the "Ica-Rusty Mechanical Arm" will built up and become a insane high atk + def monster.

Not to mention if Klementine has Master Craftsman with all powder keg out... and with Nut equipped with Arm and Overload...
The Two Golem here can also use Narwhal or Inferno

2. Powder Deck with Captain, Clover, Armanda

Armanda can be switched, but I really like to use it as a diversion; since most people will try to get Armanda first before powder built up.... which gives your time to change your hand to Scuttling ready for clover.

In addition, Captain will get built up over time as well~

Using the Flame of Phoenix will definitely hurt your opponent very badly.

However~ Since Powder Keg don't usually work properly I will only play it is level room..

#5 03-08-2011 21:04:57

RyogaLX
Gardien

What about put powder kegs without the craftman?
I had test it and if the same to take double round of crickets.

The Nehant Champion
L.N.O

#6 03-08-2011 22:35:56

Viliennas
Voyageur

Powder keg can be a serious block without craftsman.

If powder keg is draw before Scuttling, the deck will be much less effective. In addition, using craftsman to put powder weapon on the other character is the key to do massive dmg for one term kill. I love using Mechanist deck for this such reason~

#7 03-08-2011 22:57:30

RyogaLX
Gardien

Viliennas a écrit :

Powder keg can be a serious block without craftsman.

If powder keg is draw before Scuttling, the deck will be much less effective. In addition, using craftsman to put powder weapon on the other character is the key to do massive dmg for one term kill. I love using Mechanist deck for this such reason~

Yeah I know this limit a lot this deck, Marauder-Craftman unit would be a nice advantage for pirate marauders ^^!
I hope in future see one unit with this characteristics.

The Nehant Champion
L.N.O

#8 04-08-2011 15:35:19

Viliennas
Voyageur

Yeah....

Pirates are not that competitive, it is very hard to play it well in elo room.

It's also frustrated sometime to see other deck to have such high damage output, while pirates' dmg is very limited. Even for marauder... if your opponent does not use action card, such as Mage or Priest.... Your damage output drops a lot ._.

#9 12-08-2011 09:31:03

Bodia
Ptit nouveau

I have a keg deck that uses Bragan/captain/clover.   Bragan can use unleash hell and trigger the kegs. fun times

I hear a lot of talk on the keg glitch but i've come to realize there is no glitch, just how it is immediately displayed. The damage you do from phoenix or what ever is display 2 ways- one is with a minus sign "-"   The minus sign is the damage youv'e done, which is correct.  The damage most people see is the health, which is different and incorrect and is adjusted about a fraction of a second after.

for example:

-Hares the brute has 0 spirit, a keg on him a 6 powder tokens and 10 health points.

-Phoenix fire is used.

-2 bits of info are display: damage done (-9 damage) and his hp (-1 HP, -2 HP or 0 HP)

-The damage done is correct but the HP is displayed wrong.  The game then corrects itself and adjust the HP to 1 HP.  This is the "Glitch" everyone sees

I'm surprised not many people use "pirate legend".  It helps speed up pirate decks soooooo much.  I could not work my phoenix deck without it, things will just clog down and you get too many bad hands.  I have 3 in the deck and games are very consistent now (i used to not have any at all in the deck and it was slow)

#10 12-08-2011 16:43:18

Mr. Saint-Germain
Voyageur

You can do pretty well in elo with pirates.

The [card]Cap'tain Al la triste[/card], [card]Hic-Kar[/card] and [card]Trèfle[/card] setup is the best in my opinion.

I just run with 3x [card]Pistolame[/card], [card]Sabordage[/card], [card]Ravitaillement[/card] and [card]Rocketor[/card].

Also with [card]Flammes du Phénix[/card].

You basically want to send Trèfle ASAP with Sabordage, and preferably get her killed when she used it. Then you just Rocketor+Ravitaillement then Double rocketor and finish with Flammes du Phénix.

Also don't be afraid to use a single keg if there's no Sabordage when Trèfle gets killed, you can always use it with the others before the flames or something like that.

It won't go as planned, and you'll get destroyed if you don't play the right cards, but it's really fun ^^

Also you need to discard a ton, the point of having 3 of most cards isn't because you'll need that many, it's because you need to be able to discard the first ones if you get a really bad starting hand and get the others later.

Dernière modification par Mr. Saint-Germain (12-08-2011 16:46:44)

#11 12-08-2011 19:51:41

Nurvus
Gardien

[card]Multitasking[/card] might be awesome.
- Cons: Clover only
[card]Escaping Death[/card] is awesome to completely screw uber buff decks. It destroys IHAS.
- Cons: Clover can't use
[card]Obesity[/card] also works in some cases (like vs Quick Draw)
- Cons: gimmicky and may end up reducing defense instead of increasing.
[card]Favor of the Dawn[/card] is a less gimmicky version of Obesity, considering this deck doesn't suffer much defense-wise.
[card]To The Rescue[/card] is probably a good call.
---

Strategy A: Focus on Scuffle and ignore Multi-Tasking. Fit the deck to keep Gemineye/Hook and let Clover die.

Strategy B: Bet more on Clover a bit, use 2x Multi-Tasking and 2x Scuffle and cards that Clover can also use like Favor of the Dawn

In the end Strategy B has the most potential but not necessarily the most practical.

If you manage to Multi-task a Keg and then Scuffle the remaining 2, you get 4 Kegs in play.
---
Most likely no one will want to put Clover in a fight in turn 1. They will try to destroy her in a single turn (preferably on turn 3). So Strategy A is the most practical where you can possibly chain a defensive card into Scuffle. And if you don't, at least Clover does her job with Scuffle alone :>

Dernière modification par Nurvus (12-08-2011 20:02:02)

#12 12-08-2011 20:50:40

Mr. Saint-Germain
Voyageur

I like your ideas, the problem with multi-tasking is that you need both the card and the keg in your hand when you play it. I guess it would fit in a marauder deck since you won't use Phoenix Fire or Rocketors, that's basically why you want Clover dead in the usual deck.

Favors would fit for sure, obesity is a lot more situational but it could be useful for the mind game part of things ^^

What about a golem deck ([card]Ékrou[/card], [card]Hic-Kar[/card]) That could use the Crickets and Narwhals and be able to use Phoenix Fire to finish the opponents?

Is dismemberment affected by kegs? It says so in the OP but it didn't when I tried.

Dernière modification par Mr. Saint-Germain (12-08-2011 20:53:21)

Pied de page des forums