Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 31-07-2011 22:01:05

GKZhukov
Voyageur

ELO Quitters, Etiquette etc.

I was just wondering if there's some hidden benefit people get from timing out or leaving a game in ELO (such as a smaller ratings loss)?

Or do they let the timer run down when you're about to get a certain perfect purely because they're bitter?

(I know some people genuinely time out and I've had the bug where the buttons to take your turn disappear a couple of times recently - although both times when I was about to win too bleh. But if someone earns a perfect I'll play out the game and let them have it - seems unsporting to do otherwise)

But yeah, anyway I was just curious as to why people do this?

#2 01-08-2011 00:30:11

jackal19
Gardien
Lieu : SDM

Re : ELO Quitters, Etiquette etc.

Pride or pure cowardice sometimes connection problems XD

New englishchat: http://xat.com/EnglisheredanNeo---Online

"Tea is best enjoyed with your fellow monsters"
-Frederica Bernkastel

#3 01-08-2011 01:54:55

Joey_Parker
Habitant de Guem

GKZhukov a écrit :

I was just wondering if there's some hidden benefit people get from timing out or leaving a game in ELO (such as a smaller ratings loss)?

Or do they let the timer run down when you're about to get a certain perfect purely because they're bitter?

(I know some people genuinely time out and I've had the bug where the buttons to take your turn disappear a couple of times recently - although both times when I was about to win too bleh. But if someone earns a perfect I'll play out the game and let them have it - seems unsporting to do otherwise)

But yeah, anyway I was just curious as to why people do this?

i had conection prbs early and that dam bug that i couldnt click ingame sometimes it happens though

"Fear is all in the mind"

#4 01-08-2011 11:58:36

Paladino.:RR:.
Gardien

Well there are some peoples who leave the moment they realize the game is lost in order to save time, but I don't belive that they do that all the time because of the leaving %.

And of course there are those who just leave so you dont get perfect....

#5 01-08-2011 16:00:45

GKZhukov
Voyageur

Paladino.:RR:. a écrit :

Well there are some peoples who leave the moment they realize the game is lost in order to save time, but I don't belive that they do that all the time because of the leaving %.

And of course there are those who just leave so you dont get perfect....

The timesavers I don't mind, that's fair enough - it's the don't-get-perfect ones that just seem a little petty...

#6 01-08-2011 17:14:17

Gardien

A little???

People have to learn how to lose.

I agree with the time savers, I mean this last week I got a match aganst a cleric with The eternal who at round one used theft and stole my ANS, my Prestige and my Watcher, I saw no reason to keep going... And we both got happier cause no time was wasted.

But you play till ***bip*** last character and u realize you gona lose by perfect and leave.. thats cheap.

#7 01-08-2011 17:56:14

pekpekkypek
Habitant de Guem

I feel guilty about it, but I intentionally waste the time of players sporting discard decks. tongue

Lady Jane can kick your ass.

#8 01-08-2011 18:05:43

magius
Solarian

pekpekkypek a écrit :

I feel guilty about it, but I intentionally waste the time of players sporting discard decks. tongue

Sometimes I do wonder why most people have such a hate versus discard decks or even mage decks. They are just part of  different strategies of winning in my opinion.

No one complains when a equip heavy deck with high defense kills them or full blown marauder decks that relies on high damage and speed.

Magius [FH] FullHouse Clan

#9 01-08-2011 18:10:28

Gardien

Simples, equip heavy decks and full marauders have a lot of counters, even mage have counters, discard have only one efective counter that is ANS witch is really expensive and can be countered by Anetematize or Prestige.

I belive the problem with the discard is that its too powerfull as it is, with tratcherus, theft, panic, prestige and the new cleric card there are too many discard for you to handle it.

#10 01-08-2011 19:58:22

Nurvus
Gardien

magius a écrit :
pekpekkypek a écrit :

Sometimes I do wonder why most people have such a hate versus discard decks or even mage decks. They are just part of  different strategies of winning in my opinion.

No one complains when a equip heavy deck with high defense kills them or full blown marauder decks that relies on high damage and speed.

Besides what Paladino says above me, another thing is worth noting: The rewards we get from each game are not balanced with its duration.

This means whether a game takes 3 turns or 30, you gain the same amount of experience, crystals, etc.

This causes alot of players to rather quit and find a deck that wins or loses quickly.

Quick Recap.
What this game does NOT promote:
- Fairplay
- Sticking around against slow decks
- Seeking fair matches

What this game promotes:
- Quitting slow/losing matches
- Cherry picking weak opponents
- Seeking unbalanced fights (most just want quick fights, specially if they're losing)

---

I've already addressed this with suggestions, namely Grade Rooms and something about scaling rewards with number of turns (or even number of minutes)

Dernière modification par Nurvus (01-08-2011 19:59:51)

#11 02-08-2011 03:54:40

pekpekkypek
Habitant de Guem

magius a écrit :
pekpekkypek a écrit :

It's not really hate per se, it's just that discard decks are mostly non-interactive. By non-interactive I mean it's irrelevant what the opponent is doing because he's attacking you from a different angle.

Essentially, your opponent has a maximum total life of 20 (the number of cards in a deck) instead of the sum of the life totals of his characters. Considering that an average character has 12 life points, the normal game should give you 36 life points at least. Discard gives you 20 at most, plus the ability to ignore whatever your opponent is doing unless it's ANS.

Discard/mill is more balanced in other games because normally it's harder to kill using it, which makes up for the fact that it is mostly non-interactive. Take for example Magic: The Gathering, you have 20 life points but your deck is 60 cards. To win by decking out your opponent you have to attack a total of 60 points of "life", but you get to ignore what your opponent has in play, which is similar in concept to what discard in Eredan is trying to do, but fair because your opponent gets more "life" (i.e. 60 card deck as "life" instead of 20 normal life points) as a buffer versus not being able to interact with what you are doing . Contrast this to Eredan, which gives the discard player a shorter clock (20 "life" points max instead of the sum of his character's life points) while retaining the general non-interactiveness which makes it hard to disrupt.

Lady Jane can kick your ass.

#12 02-08-2011 04:12:47

Lulosaurio
Habitant de Guem

15 life, not 20, and each card played by your opponent reduces that number by 1.

Its too easy to discard oponents and anathemize kills discard counters.

#13 02-08-2011 11:56:40

Gardien

Yep, and discard is to dam cheap. Come on you dont spend 60k in base discard deck and u beat some decks that cost over 500k withouth an ANS...

#14 02-08-2011 14:49:07

GKZhukov
Voyageur

Ah, but (when you manage it) beating a discard player is just so much sweeter than beating a regular player.

It was actually a discard player quitting the moment before I got my Perfect off him that prompted me to make this thread in the first place, however. I feel of all people, those who make cookie-cutter decks ought to at least allow you to gain the proper reward when you manage to beat them!

#15 02-08-2011 18:47:13

Lulosaurio
Habitant de Guem

I don't really care when my opponent quits, I still get my points.

#16 03-08-2011 22:49:12

Anihilate
Solarian

Add a card to discard main strengths :Contortion.
I use my Fog Hydra deck in elo, so, either I win quickly, or I die quickly, people seem to stall until the last second against me or leave if Ydaine or Spiritspeaker OTK something.

At the very least, I'd rather someone time out and lose R3, than see my deck and wait until the counter is down to 5 seconds for EVERY command they can put in.

Mill has no effective counters as far as I'm concerned, it's like trying to get rid of 4 ports on 1 character without [card]The Door To Infinity[/card]

Vital siphon is easy pickings considering you can throw it out with clumsiness, or stop it's spread by taking out Desolation of the heart.

Port however... Unless you're running a [card]Frenzy[/card], or [card]Draconium[/card], get ready to die, quickly and painfully.

IGN: Shrei VonWeisheit
Mercenaries and trophies are underrated.
PS: I'm insane big_smile

Pied de page des forums