Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 26-07-2011 21:17:04

rundom
Ptit nouveau

marketplace inflation

I have noticed lately that the price of a few cards has been tripled or more without any particular reason (new combos etc).

So i am guessing that if someone can buy A new start for 950k crystals, he can also buy all of the cheap available cards of a specific one (e.g. Watcher that i checked today), and resell them at a ridiculous price.

So i am suggesting a limit to the number of times someone can sell a specific card at a time (three times in my opinion), in order to prevent this artificial inflation.

P.S. : Sorry if this suggestion has already been posted.

#2 26-07-2011 21:49:02

Aigle1705
Gardien
Lieu : Germany - Tilleda (Kyffhäuser)

Re : marketplace inflation

the problem are elo, tournaments and raffles.

Here to much money goes in less hands, and every week the same hands.
a small group of maybe 20-40 players have millions of cristalls,
they buy on the market and forcing us to enormous prices.

So...
The market development is fault FEERIK.

Tournaments must be fair and affordable for all. Card lock. Card limitation.
The winning amount must be divided among many more users.

silent leges inter arma
cicero

#3 26-07-2011 22:37:32

rundom
Ptit nouveau

Well am not against card bans/limitations and to a more fair division of tournament prizes, but i believe that even if tournaments get balanced and fair, the rich will continue to get richer through this unfair marketplace.

My reasoning:

An already rich player spends about 30 to 40k to remove a card from the market, than he sells that card multiple times its original normal price and increases his/her crystals. (and this continues in cycles)

Tournament bans wont stop him if as you already mentioned he/she has millions of crystals.

At this point non competitive decks start to become extremely expensive.

#4 27-07-2011 02:26:22

Glasher
Guémélite

This isn't entirely true and is in fact not Feerik's fault at all. The only way they can even be associated is by putting a market in the game.

The fault lies with players who still buy this stuff at absurd prices. It also lies with people who lose the desire to try to take on these players. It is in fact quite an easy task to plan out.

There is no real way to organize such a massive strike against other players to really do anything about, a sad reality. There are things individuals can do to alleviate the problem.

-Realize that being rich doesn't make them a better player. I will gladly take a loss to sum rich guy where I lose by 1-2 points on dmg with a deck that cost me a little over 1 of his.

-Get more involved in the guild tournaments. Turn your experience into mastering your guild and proving it with multiple first place spots.

-Create or join a team and battle other teams using some sort of restriction list agreed on by both parties.

-Gather your friends and play each other primarily.

-Buy lower level cards and grind

-Sell off cards you don't use that u can buy back later as 80% of card prices drop spuratically then rise again. A careful eye on the market can be beneficial.

-Look for deals, it is a mean nature but you can often find players mispricing their cards and flipping them for a nice turn.

Concentrate not on destroying your foe, but on obtaining your own victory. - Gouken

#5 27-07-2011 18:49:33

Rathedan
Nehantiste
Lieu : St. George, NB, Canada

The inflation is a common problem in online games. It's because of the way the economy is created, and players tendencies on how they play. I wrote a research paper way back when on it for MMO's that actually apply to any market-based game. (https://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dc5wgg84_55ckkzs2cb - if you're interested)

Basically, think of a bathtub, where the water pouring in is coming faster than the water draining out of the bottom. The tub will always fill up more and more over time, because the faucet is in no way dependent on the drain for the amount of water flowing in.

It sucks yes, but it's also inherent in nature, unless some checks and balances are hard coded. Problem is, it detracts from the "constantly reward" system that makes most online games popular.

Fixable? Yes. Popular? Not in the least.

If there were no luck in TCG, how boring would that be?
-Lonak

#6 27-07-2011 23:34:36

bubuniu
Voyageur

If anybody says that Feerik has nothing to do with inflation then is surely forgetting some huge part of the game.
Always when I think what is cause of prizes going up here, I end with follwoing Feerik/staff decided things:

1. Ratio of cards in packs. 1 rare - 5 uncommon - 6 common.
2. Prizes of the packs. IMO A LOT to high. When I saw it 1st time, considering the facts of must use of free options and real money, I said "Ridicoulus!". Before someone says about that (s)he is able to get x packs per week with free options: Even if you can use it )if I'm correct, new ones can't due to game being oart of Travian or whatever), don't forget that differet countries have different number of options, possibilities etc. My have not enough options to get even one pack per month.
3. "Waisting" cards (mostly expensive rares) to evolve characters. When Fallen came out of course 20k worth card, Dark Fury, is required to evolve him...
4. Little, IMO, support for poorer players. Outside Daily Quests and Facebook, there is NO support and NO way to fasten the cristals income with no real money usage. So "poor" one have to stick up with cheaper cards decreasing the supply and increasing demand of them. Combine it with fact that new ones have to spend money to get packs...
5. Best cards are rares. Nothing wrong with that but still it is high demand/low supply scenario.

If you are clever enough, just add suplly/demand and you know what does it have in common with inflation here.

I'm not saying that Feerik has full responsibility for inflation. I'm saing that all of above is purely Feerik/staff decisions which have influence with it.

Dernière modification par bubuniu (27-07-2011 23:35:40)

#7 28-07-2011 02:55:18

Nurvus
Gardien

Bubuniu, the problem is mainly how fights are arranged.

It might be "okay" for free players to be poor and weak, if only they faced similar players... but no, they are put in a cage against monster decks - it's frustrating.

So not only they have less crystal income since they don't sell cards, but they also have even less crystal income because they keep losing...

Thus my suggestion of Grade Rooms, where decks are measured card by card, and given a "Grade", and you face decks of similar grade.

Leveling Rooms and Training Rooms are insanely unfair.
---

What would happen if boosters were cheaper?
- Players who spend X euros right now, would still probably spend as much money.
- Players who currently don't find it worth spending money on, might change their mind.
- Even though there would be more card inflow, there would also be more decks per player, more variety, more fun, less boredom, less quitters.

Right now, players just dump loads of cards from a deck they're bored with, to get cards from another... it's tasteless.

It's virtual. I don't really get why the boosters cost so much.

Dernière modification par Nurvus (28-07-2011 02:59:27)

#8 28-07-2011 02:58:04

Glasher
Guémélite

You buy a pack of cards and you get 1 rare out of 12 cards. Very often it isnt a rare you need. The only difference between IRL and Eredan is its much easier to obtain needed rare cards in the forms of Tins, Promo Events, etc. While IRL tcg's benefit much more money wise they can afford to use much more extravagant prizes.

Can eredan do this to. Yes, this would be the only place they could be at fault. Doing an event to get Artaban and never have him used is stupid. Doing an event to get The Hungry Void. Great. 

The only problem with the pack system is the size of the series.

Concentrate not on destroying your foe, but on obtaining your own victory. - Gouken

#9 28-07-2011 09:54:47

bubuniu
Voyageur

@ Nurvus. Yep. That too. Yep. I remember when i was forced to change room from 8-11 to the last one. From 70% of win i got trashed instaenously. I faced it even in ELO when i was trashed in 4 rounds with someone who had ~2000k score and I had ~1516.
That is also the reason gave up on expensive cards. Simple. What's the point of loosing 3 months to get 3 multitasking or quickdraw? It is better for me to get stronger deck, actually win, got the trophies, got the weekly trophy cards etc.

The packs... Make them get only cards from certain guild + non mercenaries + non affiliated. Or make class dependant packs. Like normal 12 card packs but with class instead of guild.

#10 08-08-2011 20:36:44

Trandel
Ptit nouveau
Lieu : US

Aigle1705 a écrit :

the problem are elo, tournaments and raffles.

Here to much money goes in less hands, and every week the same hands.
a small group of maybe 20-40 players have millions of cristalls,
they buy on the market and forcing us to enormous prices.

So...
The market development is fault FEERIK.

Tournaments must be fair and affordable for all. Card lock. Card limitation.
The winning amount must be divided among many more users.

Another way to fix this would be to allow us players to trade cards with eachother. Yoy know, like in a REAL "T"rading "C"ard "G"ame? With more options to get cards the less these marketplace trolls will be able to jack up the prices cause us players will have other options to get cards then just paying thier stupid prices.

Death is lighter than a feather, duty heavier than a mountain.

#11 08-08-2011 23:25:43

EwokDan
Habitant de Guem

Nurvus a écrit :

Thus my suggestion of Grade Rooms, where decks are measured card by card, and given a "Grade", and you face decks of similar grade.

---

This wouldn't work. How can you grade card vs card when certain cards work when others don't? Certain tactics/cards work against certain opponents, so a grade system would be flawed, creating more issues.

Dernière modification par EwokDan (08-08-2011 23:27:25)

#12 08-08-2011 23:54:41

Nurvus
Gardien

EwokDan a écrit :
Nurvus a écrit :

---

This wouldn't work. How can you grade card vs card when certain cards work when others don't? Certain tactics/cards work against certain opponents, so a grade system would be flawed, creating more issues.

Ofcourse it would be flawed.

I'll even help your point by saying the same card has a different degree of usefulness in different decks.

And yet, you're still wrong.
The Grade System, flawed as it is, would still be infinitely better than the laughable options currently available.
I dare you to suggest something that doesn't involve changing the game completely, that actually helps matching players more fairly.
---

Rathedan, about market: Guild Wars has something really nice.

They have these Traders (Non Playable Characters (NPCs)) who buy specific kinds of goods.
There is the Rune Trader, the Rare Material Trader, etc, but there could be more specific stuff like Rice Trader, and so on.

The Trader market is completely fueled by players.

Every single item sold by these Traders was first sold to the Traders by the Players.
And if 1000 "units" of Rice were sold to the Traders, and 900 were bought from the Traders, 100 remain.

The price fluctuates according to the amount of items available from the Traders.
The more they have of a particular type of good, the less they sell it for, and the less they pay for it.

The Traders begin by paying a set price for a certain item, like 2000 for a unit of Rice.
As more Rice is sold to the Traders, the amount they pay (and the amount they ask) for it also drops.
Likewise, as players buy Rice from the Traders, the amount they pay (and the amount they ask) for it also rises.

It's a true supply and demand system that balances itself out.
The game's economy doesn't break regardless of how many items flow into the game.

Dernière modification par Nurvus (09-08-2011 00:02:35)

#13 09-08-2011 01:07:31

EwokDan
Habitant de Guem

Match players based on % of wins. Even if players have come from early lvl rooms, it'll even out soon. Close as you'll get to an easy option.

#14 15-08-2011 23:17:26

Stinkingooze
Voyageur

This reminds me of warcraft and the auction house.
I would have fun doing things like the devil people on here do.

But in this game it's a bit different! I mean I brought a 4 card booster pack just to sell things, and i made about 30k. I was on top of the world! But now they're all gone and I have 1k. Still can't understand why these rich people sitting on their mounds of crystals would want to enforce such high prices? Surely they have all the cards they want, so why not give us other poorer folk a break.... sheesh.

Pied de page des forums