Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 07-06-2011 10:47:17

xesicyra
Ptit nouveau

Damage dealt (end game calculation) should be off set by healing

Because Desert Normads have it tough when a tie happens and damage is calculated to see who wins.

I think it was the developers intentions to let DN have the ability to heal to balance off their lack of defence but probably overlooked the situation when a tie happens and damage is calculated to see who wins.

The opponent almost always does more damage to DNs due to their 0 def which i feel is unfair since DNs are really healing themselves rather than defending the attack as a defence mechanism.

I propose that healing should somehow affect the end result. Possibly not total healing but rather, effective healing, meaning heals that were actually used to replace lose health and not overhealed.

This might balance of some of the grotesque healing cards like [card]Mercy[/card] can give out.

Thoughts?

Dernière modification par xesicyra (07-06-2011 10:51:19)

#2 07-06-2011 19:47:34

Santuros
Nehantiste
Lieu : Colombia!!!

Re : Damage dealt (end game calculation) should be off set by healing

xesicyra a écrit :

Because Desert Normads have it tough when a tie happens and damage is calculated to see who wins.

I think it was the developers intentions to let DN have the ability to heal to balance off their lack of defence but probably overlooked the situation when a tie happens and damage is calculated to see who wins.

The opponent almost always does more damage to DNs due to their 0 def which i feel is unfair since DNs are really healing themselves rather than defending the attack as a defence mechanism.

I propose that healing should somehow affect the end result. Possibly not total healing but rather, effective healing, meaning heals that were actually used to replace lose health and not overhealed.

This might balance of some of the grotesque healing cards like [card]Mercy[/card] can give out.

Thoughts?

I think the healing does count

I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. (Hafez)

#3 07-06-2011 19:54:22

Paladino.:RR:.
Gardien

It does count.

#4 08-06-2011 03:43:56

xesicyra
Ptit nouveau

No wai~ O.o

damn, i feel dumb. Thanks for correcting me ^_^"

Edit:
I went back to do the maths but found the damage score the opponent has doesn't quite tally with the amount of damage i saw, and i can't seem to figure out where the healing offsets the amount assuming healing is offseting 1:1.

How is the score at the end of the match calculated?

Dernière modification par xesicyra (08-06-2011 04:10:59)

#5 08-06-2011 08:38:51

Zurga
Modérateur Eredan

In the combat end window you have two tabs on top.
The left tab open the detailed results window.
You will see :
Each Damage dealt =1 points
Each life point healed = 1 points

You will also see others stuff, but I let your curiosity find what is behind.

Dernière modification par Zurga (08-06-2011 08:39:12)

Collectionneur de cartes

#6 08-06-2011 13:33:30

xesicyra
Ptit nouveau

thanks for clearing things up for me Zurga =]

#7 12-06-2011 21:41:20

Nurvus
Gardien

Healing counts but does not address the issue.

The missing piece in End Game Calculations is character starting Health.

If you add the starting Health of every character to their player's score, it's fixed.

Example: Desert Nomad vs Kotoba Tracker (no defense & high health vs low defense & low health)
Let's assume a situation where the chance to win is similar.

Desert Nomad character has 8 attack, 0 defense, 16 health.
Kotoba Tracker character has 8 attack, 2 defense, 12 health.

After 2 turns, both have 0 health.

Currently - End of the fight:
Desert Nomad score: 12 (2x (8 damage - 2 defense).
Kotoba score: 16 (2x 8 damage).

It's unfair because the extra 4 damage the kotoba defense reduced don't count in favor of the Desert Nomad, yet the extra 4 damage the Nomad withstood before dying count in favor of the Kotoba.
---

If starting Health is added to the score - End of the fight:
Desert Nomad score: 28 = 12 (2x (8 damage - 2 defense)) + 16 (health).
Kotoba score: 28 = 16 (2x 8 damage) + 12 (health).

It's fair because Health counts towards player score.
---

And this is not a Desert Nomad vs Kotoba thing, I just used those 2 as the best example - the difference in HP is what makes it unfair and exists in every guild.

Dernière modification par Nurvus (12-06-2011 22:04:49)

Pied de page des forums