Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 16-03-2011 12:29:19

rrrof711
Voyageur

Marketplace really slow suggestions

I suggest making the market place faster by various means. 

decreasing the quality of the images specifically on the market place to make the images easier to load.

making a completely different flash program for the market place that you would link into.

making the marketplace an html website that you would link into.

decreasing the amount of cards that automatically load therefore decreasing the amount of loading time depending on the area in which you click i.e. characters, items, action cards, spells. Then each one loads specifically for what you click on rather than loading all of the cards all at once and all of the newly posted or recently removed cards.

giving everyone awesome internet connection and a great computer... hahaha!
i know my computer isnt top of the line but it would be nice to be able to trade some cards without having to wait like forever......  i know im not the only person experiencing this problem.

thanks

#2 16-03-2011 12:31:38

Lonak
Nehantiste
Lieu : Dublin

Re : Marketplace really slow suggestions

Hello rrrof711 and welcome to the forums,

This topic has already been discussed for a long time, and I already suggested that big improvements are on the way about the marketplace.

Thank you,

Lonak

« The time has come. »
Ancien Community Manager Eredan iTCG. De bons moments passés ensemble !

#3 19-03-2011 21:20:32

Nurvus
Gardien

One of the things that may be slowing down the marketplace alot, is the fact that it sorts cards every letter you type.

When you are typing "Lightning Bolts"
It'll search for L, for Li, for Lig, for Ligh, for Light, etc... slowing down alot.

Instead, it might be worth making a "Search" Button, and only search/sort when we click it, rather than automatically.

But as said above, improvements are on the way. big_smile

Dernière modification par Nurvus (19-03-2011 21:20:53)

#4 22-03-2011 01:18:51

Falanin
Campeur

Happy to hear that improvements are forthcoming.  I was tempted to make a topic about this, myself.

Save Toran the Faithless!  Equal cards for mercenary caste members!   http://forum.eredan.com/viewtopic.php?i … at=itcg-us

#5 29-03-2011 18:56:43

MuGGzy
Voyageur

It's not your PC, it's the app itself.
Because it both dynamically searches AND constantly updates on the fly there is a LOT of bandwidth overhead. The only way around it would be a redesign so that you had to type in search criteria and then press a "search" button like most forums with a search ability work. For updating they could add a button that you press when you want it to update, so the trade off would be that you are looking at just the cards that were there as of the last "poll" of the server, if you want to see the absolute latest, then you click the "Update" button.
Just a thought.

#6 09-04-2011 18:03:49

Cryzak
Ptit nouveau

Nurvus a écrit :

One of the things that may be slowing down the marketplace alot, is the fact that it sorts cards every letter you type.

When you are typing "Lightning Bolts"
It'll search for L, for Li, for Lig, for Ligh, for Light, etc... slowing down alot.

Instead, it might be worth making a "Search" Button, and only search/sort when we click it, rather than automatically.

But as said above, improvements are on the way. big_smile

I understand everyone wants to do search engines that way (cursed Ajax...) and, to be honest, I hate them; I want to search when I click "search", why? Cause I'm an IT technician who plays with wildcards.
I rather have an "advanced search" with tons of options, to be honest.

But thanks for informing about the changes, I discovered this game a week ago and I'm really enjoying it, is a shame I cannot browse the marketplace because my browser dies.

Note: I'm using a netbook and yes I know I need a better computer; but for reasons not pertinent to this post that must wait 3-4 months. If I had a better computer I wouldn't be playing browser games though tongue

Pied de page des forums