Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 11-01-2011 03:04:27

Breezy414
Habitant de Guem

Best Suggestion Ever!

Please figure out what is going on already with the servers regarding the Time Out bugs.. The cards flying across the board.. the game freezing for no apparent reason.. the list continues.

I started playing tonight about 20 minutes ago.  In that time, I've had to relog due to the Market freezing up.. Played 4 ELO games.. all of which got timed out on turn 1 even without me having to pick cards and I end up losing. 

For the love of all that is Holy.. Please oh please figure something out.  I'm pretty sure I'll be getting a "Just because we don't respond doesn't mean we don't read" post like always.. But that's getting a bit old.  People have been complaining about this for months(?) now and no one has given any clue as to if they have any idea what the problem is or if they are intending on even attempting to fix it.  Last I knew, someone responded with "We are looking into it"..  That is all.  So, if you don't mind, I would really appreciate it if someone who actually knows something would be able to respond to this glorious post of mine.

Best Regards,
Breezy.

[Locked this thread before people get retarded. ~Bleach]

.: I'm as confused as a baby in a topless bar :.

#2 11-01-2011 03:11:56

Yugimonz
Habitant de Guem

Re : Best Suggestion Ever!

this is all true. Fix this please

#3 11-01-2011 03:13:22

xNNYx
Campeur

I second this, as even my patience with it has grown paper thin. I figured after seeing your job posting you were under staffed. Acceptable, plenty to do, would take time. Then the holidays came, okay, family time, everyone deserves that. Acceptable. Now however it seems everything is delayed, except for implementations with booster packs, as a way to....make you more money. That's fine make your paper, won't be mad at anyone wanting that. Still why should we give you our money, when apparently nothing gets fixed?

I wouldn't mind so much save we are treated like mushrooms. Kept in the dark, fed crap at best, and know nothing. Keep us updated, tell us you can't figure it out just yet. Just please stop making us feel ignored.

Thanks,
Mulder

Oderint Dum Metuant

#4 11-01-2011 08:06:10

doubledipper
Habitant de Guem

I feel the same.  For most of my game time today I spent it playing uno on FB because I was so fed up dealing with the ridiculous lag.  FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!

#5 11-01-2011 16:17:58

steven_allen
Solarian

Maybe instead of adding sound, which will without a doubt make this problem worse, please work on the time out issues.  There is no way you can say "you computer/internet is slow" to so many people any more.  That is just not the case, and you know it.

Disruptor!

#6 11-01-2011 20:08:26

Breezy414
Habitant de Guem

Lmfao!  They added the music to sooth our souls so we don't get irritated when it freezes or acts up again.  I bet it is some kind of subliminal message..  All in all, Extra Features were added without the original stuff being fixed.. Awesome.

#7 11-01-2011 20:11:42

XenoZangotta
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : Pennsylvania, USA
Site Web

I would just like to note that while you have been having these issues, I haven't experienced this.

Cards flying, frequent time outs, nothing.  I've been playing quite some time too, all from http://itcg.eredan.com

Somewhere between happiness and dreading the Apocalypse.
See where your character cards stand against the full list.

#8 11-01-2011 20:19:21

steven_allen
Solarian

We all play from the main site as well.

Disruptor!

#9 11-01-2011 20:29:03

Helior
Campeur

XenoZangotta a écrit :

I would just like to note that while you have been having these issues, I haven't experienced this.

Cards flying, frequent time outs, nothing.  I've been playing quite some time too, all from http://itcg.eredan.com

It's just a redirection... or what? Facebook is now the guilty of that? lol.

#10 11-01-2011 20:32:43

XenoZangotta
Habitant de Guem
Site Web

Helior a écrit :

It's just a redirection... or what? Facebook is now the guilty of that? lol.

Don't know about you, but EVERY flash game I play from Facebook is horribly filled with lag.  I find a vast improvement when changing, expecially since parts of Facebook, (like the messenger,) are also using Flash and taxing that.

#11 11-01-2011 22:12:06

Poptolev
Guémélite

I have them (the bugs) even with the non-fb version.

"Of course they don't want that (adding more crystals to the game) to happen, because then the outrageous card prices would drop"

So MUCH stupidity in one sentence xD

#12 12-01-2011 02:46:03

para
Habitant de Guem

i play on fb and everything is usually fine. only problems ive had is characters flying off since the last tourney and some time outs during last tourney

Dernière modification par para (12-01-2011 02:46:30)

#13 12-01-2011 05:22:12

kappa1uk
Campeur

Have to throw in my 2c here.

Up until about one week ago, i was having ALL of the problems Joe was talking about. The time outs were especially bad during the holidays. To the point that the game became uber frustrating to play even one game.

i admit that I was however poaching internet from the swimming pool area next to my apartment.

I got so sick of it that i went and purchased my own connection - 40mb to be exact. Usually runs at about 37mb in all actuality.

POOF - like magic - problems gone.

Maybe since the change - i have frozen/timed out two or three times. The cards do shift around the playing field occasionally - but thats just slightly amusing rather than being a pain.

So, it makes me wonder about all the "its your internet connection" comments. I didnt put any weight on those comments until i changed to my own connection.

Something to think about.

Happy Days.

P.S. Noz Mages Forever.

Pop in and say Hi to the English Speaking population of Eredan.
Live chat for all comers. http://xat.com/EredanUnite

#14 12-01-2011 06:21:53

doubledipper
Habitant de Guem

This one is from my home town.
1107686318.png
This one is to Paris, France.
1107687221.png

I'm assuming the server is somewhere is France.  Still a pretty decent test for being 5550 miles away.  Some people using DSL don't get that in their home towns.  Needless to say it is not my internet connection.  I haven't experienced the "flying cards" but the timeout bug happens about 1 in 15 games.

#15 12-01-2011 13:43:54

XenoZangotta
Habitant de Guem
Site Web

Eh, maybe I'm just magic then.  I kinda want to see the flying cards now, out of curiosity.  Anyone wanna cap it for YouTube?  tongue

#16 12-01-2011 14:53:25

para
Habitant de Guem

while not a nuisance for some, pilkim is generally the one to go flying, and its off screen. so after first round i lose turn order for the next time because he has to go last since noone can click him

#17 13-01-2011 00:48:56

hallaman3
Campeur

I have some questions...
a)how many servers are there?
b)how many people can these servers hold with minimal lag?
c)how many people are on these servers total?

if a times b is less than c, then one or more servers should be added to assist this. if a times b is equal to or greater than c, people should investigate their own connections.

Dernière modification par hallaman3 (13-01-2011 00:49:16)

#18 13-01-2011 01:08:57

Khardan
Voyageur

XenoZangotta a écrit :

Then you've been very, very lucky...

Apart from that, I've never had flying cards, but I have time out problems, and they seem to get worse. I KNOW it's not my internet...

Dernière modification par Khardan (13-01-2011 01:13:16)

#19 13-01-2011 21:42:20

Nurvus
Gardien

Breezy414 a écrit :

Lmfao!  They added the music to sooth our souls so we don't get irritated when it freezes or acts up again.  I bet it is some kind of subliminal message..  All in all, Extra Features were added without the original stuff being fixed.. Awesome.

Ofcourse, it's obvious that it was the same people that:
- Created the music
- Created the sound effects
- Investigate bugs
- Change the game code

Would really appreciate if you knew what you're talking about.

The fact they make changes means they have people who can code...
The fact they don't change things everyone's annoyed about is because... *drums* ...they couldn't yet?

It's not the smartest thing to do leave things you can do, and important ones at that, undone.

Calling them lazy and stupid isn't really the most logical conclusion.

Dernière modification par Nurvus (13-01-2011 21:44:05)

#20 13-01-2011 22:56:19

xNNYx
Campeur

Obviously you haven't played much, dealt with any of these issues, or are trying to brown nose in hopes of who knows what. Seeing as the majority of posts here, besides yours, also tend to support the fact they are tired of it as well; shows this is a long ongoing issue we are all tired of dealing with. We have all been sympathetic to a point but our points been reached. You should really not try to start a flame war with comments like yours, and instead go do something more productive with your time.

Oderint Dum Metuant

#21 13-01-2011 22:59:12

Breezy414
Habitant de Guem

Would really appreciate it if you knew what you were talking about.  Randomly telling me that I have no clue what I am saying is probably the dumbest thing I've read on these forums in the last few weeks.. coincidentally, it's the new guy with 20 posts who has had his finger in every single thread that randomly tries to cause a scene.. I'm smelling the "new" Apoth in disguise.  Anywho- Cool Story Bro.

From a gamers stand point.. I myself, and many others, would rather have the game be exactly how it was and the bugs and glitches be the first thing fixed.  Instead of getting sound effects.  I could careless about the fact that the game makes pretty noises when I slaughter your characters while my people fly across the monitor and lag out.  If you can program in music, you can program out bugs.  The bugs are from coding errors.. Music is put in via codes.. 1 + 1 = 2.

#22 13-01-2011 23:26:21

Nurvus
Gardien

Breezy414 a écrit :

Would really appreciate it if you knew what you were talking about.  Randomly telling me that I have no clue what I am saying is probably the dumbest thing I've read on these forums in the last few weeks.. coincidentally, it's the new guy with 20 posts who has had his finger in every single thread that randomly tries to cause a scene.. I'm smelling the "new" Apoth in disguise.  Anywho- Cool Story Bro.

From a gamers stand point.. I myself, and many others, would rather have the game be exactly how it was and the bugs and glitches be the first thing fixed.  Instead of getting sound effects.  I could careless about the fact that the game makes pretty noises when I slaughter your characters while my people fly across the monitor and lag out.  If you can program in music, you can program out bugs.  The bugs are from coding errors.. Music is put in via codes.. 1 + 1 = 2.

Cool Story Bro, but this wasn't some personal attack.
It's just that your post has a "tone" very frequent in the forums, like everything is for yesterday and "clearly" no one is doing anything about it.

Posting alot doesn't make you any more valid - your "rather" simply doesn't fit.

I hate the damn glitches myself - specially the ever failing implementation of the "lack of cards in deck" condition - and if it was up to me, I'd like to have them fixed before anything else as well.

The thing is, you make it sound like either:
- there's 1 coder;
- or like all coders should be analyzing the same problem simultaneously;
- or you know for a fact that they are effectively making the decision of "not fixing the bugs and glitches" and rather "give you pretty sounds instead".

Since I'm not about to think either of those are the case, I disagree with you.
Woe me, the newbie.

Dernière modification par Nurvus (13-01-2011 23:41:32)

#23 15-01-2011 05:07:53

hallaman3
Campeur

what I asked was not sarcastic, I would really like to know and I understand you all wish to rant, so perhaps the answers to these could assist with possible solutions.

Pied de page des forums