Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 30-01-2013 02:13:25

Santuros
Nehantiste
Lieu : Colombia!!!

About lockdown decks

I think they are a bit OP... how come i must fight someone who leaves my hand empy for 4 consecutive turn? yeah countering their cards but oh come on!!! 4 straight cutting all ties? that is plain stupid and overpowered even against a legendary... I do believe this decks needs nerf, again...

Dernière modification par Santuros (30-01-2013 02:14:37)

I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. (Hafez)

#2 30-01-2013 02:15:54

valkyjosh
Campeur

Re : About lockdown decks

I do agree, if it had something like, this card cannot be used again for 2 turns, it would be still viable deck but not as dickish, you play it turn 1, turn 3 you can use it again.

#3 30-01-2013 03:17:24

MerlinCross
Guémélite

Lockdown decks are always trouble in card games.

You make a deck. You make it work. It combos, it has synergy, and works out more often than not. You sit down to a game and so does the other guy. You both play your deck you've worked on and and one of you walk away the winner. Due to luck, better deck, or better plays. But then, HE plays you. HE stops you from playing your deck. HE stops you from doing anything. HE says I win because you can't play.

Lockdowns from Magic aren't fun to go against. Lockdowns from Yugioh aren't fun to go against. The fact that you are just barely playing a game isn't fun.

Adventure mode - made to have players try new decks. But Bosses are unbeatable.

#4 30-01-2013 03:34:52

valkyjosh
Campeur

Wow someone else who uses yugioh references -high five-

Lockdowns are kinda dickish, you might aswell just bring your opponent some tea (I'm british so we give everyone tea) so they atleast have something to drink while you play with yourself for 10minutes.

Its annoying when a game basicly introduces a concept for a deck that makes the game one player because only one person is doing anything, magic got over this issue by putting cards out of rotation depending on age, same with pokemon TCG, yugioh just through out more broken deck concepts, and eredan so far hasnt really put an answer to it

#5 30-01-2013 03:55:21

Wolvos
Gardien
Lieu : Argentina

Santuros a écrit :

how come i must fight someone who leaves my hand empy for 4 consecutive turn?

high defense/lifesteal, thats the only way

Dernière modification par Wolvos (30-01-2013 03:55:50)

La Furia de Guem member
Noz / Tempus / Discard / Avalon & Crow expert
check my decks http://forum.eredan.com/viewtopic.php?pid=680474

#6 30-01-2013 05:04:35

MerlinCross
Guémélite

Wolvos a écrit :

high defense/lifesteal, thats the only way

Would be lovely if you had the cards in hand to do so.

Really lockdown decks, or what seems to be happening here no hand decks, have a few answers. One of them is hope you get your win going faster than they can take it from you.

And really, isn't stripping someone's hand from them sort of like mill decks? I mean they are force to draw back up to 5.

Adventure mode - made to have players try new decks. But Bosses are unbeatable.

#7 30-01-2013 05:12:18

valkyjosh
Campeur

I've only beat lockdown once, and those times i was running Compendium, managed to get out Crystal storm on my first turn and also got luminosity to hit the you cant draw card twice

#8 30-01-2013 09:05:06

magius
Solarian

I remember the community having a go against discard at the height of the deck's power.

Its hard to fight against lockdown... But I'm sure there is certain deck which is great versus them.

World-Tree can make lockdown less painful with Germination. I have defeated lock down before with my WitchBlades with Infiltration. So it is doable.

Dernière modification par magius (30-01-2013 09:05:35)

Magius [FH] FullHouse Clan

#9 31-01-2013 03:10:29

apoth
Habitant de Guem

lockdown decks are definitely hard to beat. you either have to get a lucky dissidence hand or pray they don't get illumination or cutting all ties.

i agree it is a bit OP. cutting all ties should be unique imo so they have to come up with new strategies.

#10 31-01-2013 04:01:26

Nurvus
Gardien

lockdown decks are antifun.

They play their strategy and you don't play anything.

I think it's fair to reduce your hand to 3 and stuff like that.
But no draws whatsoever? Ridiculous.

#11 31-01-2013 04:45:55

apoth
Habitant de Guem

Nurvus a écrit :

lockdown decks are antifun.

They play their strategy and you don't play anything.

I think it's fair to reduce your hand to 3 and stuff like that.
But no draws whatsoever? Ridiculous.

+1 billion

#12 31-01-2013 11:11:15

al_vh1n
Habitant de Guem

I think it is now time for Feerik to make more counter cards for lockdown decks. They are hard to beat because there are only few cards that can actually screw their strategy. So maybe make a permanent card that will put 2 cards from your deck to your hand at the end of the turn. Or a weapon that have an extra ability of putting cards from your deck to your hand everytime you deal damage w/ it.

#13 31-01-2013 11:18:02

blackwaltz
Nehantiste
Lieu : East. . . Always to the East

al_vh1n a écrit :

I think it is now time for Feerik to make more counter cards for lockdown decks. They are hard to beat because there are only few cards that can actually screw their strategy. So maybe make a permanent card that will put 2 cards from your deck to your hand at the end of the turn. Or a weapon that have an extra ability of putting cards from your deck to your hand everytime you deal damage w/ it.

Don't know if those cards that increase draw (paranoia, pirate legend, dream-like encounter etc.) can override the draw x less card the next draw phase and the no cards drawn next turn effect of no hands. Has anyone tested this? E.g Opponent has hesitation (-1 to hand size) on and then played Fatal countdown(- 2 to cards drawn next turn) you played Dream-like encouter (has met the conditions to draw 3 more cards next draw phase) will you  have  5 hand cards next turn?

Dernière modification par blackwaltz (31-01-2013 11:23:06)

Never lost a fair game... or played one.

#14 31-01-2013 11:25:07

al_vh1n
Habitant de Guem

blackwaltz a écrit :
al_vh1n a écrit :

Don't know if those cards that increase draw (paranoia, pirate legend, dream-like encounter etc.) can override the draw x less card the next draw phase and the no cards drawn next turn effect of no hands.

They can override the less draw penalty, except [card]Cutting all ties[/card] because it cancels entirely the draw process. That's why we need cards that can put cards in our hands outside the draw phase.

Dernière modification par al_vh1n (31-01-2013 11:27:11)

#15 31-01-2013 11:33:24

blackwaltz
Nehantiste
Lieu : East. . . Always to the East

al_vh1n a écrit :
blackwaltz a écrit :
al_vh1n a écrit :

Don't know if those cards that increase draw (paranoia, pirate legend, dream-like encounter etc.) can override the draw x less card the next draw phase and the no cards drawn next turn effect of no hands.

They can override the less draw penalty, except [card]Cutting all ties[/card] because it cancels entirely the draw process. That's why we need cards that can put cards in our hands outside the draw phase.

Cutting all ties seems to be the root of your problems then

Never lost a fair game... or played one.

#16 31-01-2013 11:43:51

Teremune
Habitant de Guem

blackwaltz a écrit :
al_vh1n a écrit :
blackwaltz a écrit :

Cutting all ties seems to be the root of your problems then

I think Cutting all ties should be made into an Action card, being a spell makes it so easy to play over and over again, since Entropy didn't really get nerfed at all 50% removal rate, is retarded should be removed from game after use just like Compendium secret, Yes comp secret can pull any ONE spell from ANY deck but it's an AOE and you can't play it with other cards, and can't pull AOE's with it.  where entropy can be played with others, and pull 2 spell cards from your deck so and if they happen to use break the 2nd chain...or use master+ break the second chain...ewww it gets even more retarded they not only can play entropy but can make a copy that goes in their deck...and so forth....I could go on about how retarded the combo of entropy and Cutting all ties is...several paragraphs on how retarded it is to be a spell...since entropy was introduced.

#17 31-01-2013 19:40:34

Santuros
Nehantiste
Lieu : Colombia!!!

i agree that the most problematic card, at least for me, is cutting all ties. I have Nadarya and Thebirak´s secrets... and even with those card effects , i cannot draw more cards thanks to cutting all ties

I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. (Hafez)

#18 01-02-2013 06:39:39

jackal19
Gardien
Lieu : SDM

yes even i who plays a hybrid of deny and direct finds cutting all ties a bit of too powerful since my opponents cant play cards when i use that card for three consecutive turns hmm

New englishchat: http://xat.com/EnglisheredanNeo---Online

"Tea is best enjoyed with your fellow monsters"
-Frederica Bernkastel

Pied de page des forums