Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 06-01-2013 16:10:09

Nurvus
Gardien

Tournaments & Bad Design

So, the maximum ELO in the Tournament of Copper & Silver is around 1650.
The minimum is around 1350.

You will notice that the first 3 pages are filled with players that played 3-10 games.
Why?

Because a player enters the Tournament with 1500 and he's suddenly in the first third.

If he gets lucky and wins his first game, he doesn't need to play anymore - he'll be rewarded handsomely.

On the other hand, those that play multiple games are more likely to fall near the last places.

This is a very stupid design.

Each tier of reward should have a minimum amount of required games.
1st to 4th - 30 games minimum
5th to 8th - 25 games minimum
9th 16th - 20 games minimum
First third - 15 games minimum

This means if you are 1st in ELO in the tournament BUT only played 15 games, you are only elegible for the "first third" reward; and the 1st to 4th places would be handed to whoever has the highest ELO AND at least 30 games played.

Dernière modification par Nurvus (06-01-2013 19:37:22)

#2 06-01-2013 19:38:03

gaurdianaq
Habitant de Guem

Re : Tournaments & Bad Design

So does that mean if I registered in the tourney right now I'd be far enough ahead to make profit off of it?

#3 06-01-2013 19:40:19

Nurvus
Gardien

Not sure, you'd have to check.

I don't know if you need to play 1 game minimum to get a prize.
If 1500 is within the first 45 places or so, you're elegible.
However, depending on how the rewards work, it may not be worth it.

Because, if I read the rewards correctly, you spend 10000 cristals to register, but if there are more than 100 registrations, the 500.000 cristals shared among the top 1/3 players suddenly shrink and everyone gets 5000 cristals instead of potentially 15000.
I'm not sure.

But no, 1500 atm is 56th place. There are less than 150 registrations.

I find it ridiculous that there are players in the first 3 pages with 4-10 fights only.

I think the ELO system should be "improved" by making it so that every battle gives you 5 ELO or so (whether you win or lose) + the current calculations.

This would put players who actually battle at less disadvantage.

Dernière modification par Nurvus (06-01-2013 19:44:59)

#4 06-01-2013 21:32:32

Teremune
Habitant de Guem

Nurvus a écrit :

So, the maximum ELO in the Tournament of Copper & Silver is around 1650.
The minimum is around 1350.

You will notice that the first 3 pages are filled with players that played 3-10 games.
Why?

Because a player enters the Tournament with 1500 and he's suddenly in the first third.

If he gets lucky and wins his first game, he doesn't need to play anymore - he'll be rewarded handsomely.

On the other hand, those that play multiple games are more likely to fall near the last places.

This is a very stupid design.

Each tier of reward should have a minimum amount of required games.
1st to 4th - 30 games minimum
5th to 8th - 25 games minimum
9th 16th - 20 games minimum
First third - 15 games minimum

This means if you are 1st in ELO in the tournament BUT only played 15 games, you are only elegible for the "first third" reward; and the 1st to 4th places would be handed to whoever has the highest ELO AND at least 30 games played.

ELO in itself exploitable, there's a ton of info, even on wikipedia about exploiting it.  But on this online play without the manpower, or resources to regulate a elimination style tourney, let alone time constraints that would arise from doing so for the players, would work for this games play.  So for Feeriks standpoint, ELO is the most effective way to do these tourneys.  Maybe they factored in the win 5 games and win tourney, by not playing anymore as part of the strategy?  who knows.

But I wouldn't mind them having ways to mitigate the exploitation, as they have on the small scale already, but on a larger scale there's ways to circumvent what Feeriks done so far.

#5 06-01-2013 22:05:05

Nurvus
Gardien

Yes but they don't have to copy the EXACT implementation of ELO.

They can add an ELO value to each fight played to make it worth playing alot of fights.

Or lower the amount of ELO loss from losses.

Dernière modification par Nurvus (06-01-2013 22:05:36)

Pied de page des forums