Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 21-12-2012 19:32:19

Nurvus
Gardien

Legendaries & their purpose in the game

Legendaries add flavor to the game.
However, they completely break the balance in the game.

What a Legendary currently is:
A card that is simply superior to the rest.
A card that most players will never have.

What a Legendary should be:
Either a card that feels unique but isn't stronger OR a rarity available to all characters.
A card that is hard to get, but everyone can get.

Sollution:
Apart from the Rank, Elite and Ranked Elite suggestions I've made, another way to deal with Legendaries, is to make it so that:
1 - Every single character has a legendary version.
2 - Every player is able to obtain it through effort.

- Legendaries would still be accessible through Boosters.
- Every single non-Legendary character in the game would have a Destiny Trophy (example: Pilkim's Destiny).
Once you complete that Trophy, you unlock its Legendary evolution in the Upgrade Screen.
- Upgrading a character to its Legendary version would require a certain number of cards, of various rarities - but nothing otherworldly.

Example:
Captain Al Killicrew Destiny Trophy + Captain Al Killicrew Lv4 (any version) + Lost Scroll from Kan-Del + Fiery Sword + Flames of the Phoenix Lv1 = Admiral Al Killicrew Lv1

Essentially, obtaining a Legendary should NOT be about being rich or lucky alone.
It should be available to everyone.
However, it should still feel great.

It should require dedication.
If you love a certain group of characters, you'd work to unlock their Legendary evolutions, and obtain the cards necessary to Upgrade them.

Dernière modification par Nurvus (21-12-2012 20:57:35)

#2 21-12-2012 22:48:06

kilcosu
Guémélite
Lieu : Michigan

Re : Legendaries & their purpose in the game

would you consider [card]Foam giant[/card] the type that a legendary should be like?

#3 21-12-2012 23:14:39

Nurvus
Gardien

Yeah I think Foam Giant, Sevylath, Lady Yilith and Iro are probably the legendary characters that are most acceptable and fairly balanced with non-legendary characters.

My point is that Legendaries should be 1 of 2 things:
Either a) just as good as other cards, but feel more unique, and have a special border.
or b) every character would have a Legendary upgrade.

Option a) results in Legendaries not feeling so mandatory and overwhelming.
Option b) results in the ability to make your favorite characters legendary smile

Dernière modification par Nurvus (21-12-2012 23:17:04)

#4 22-12-2012 15:37:09

Darken Rahl
Campeur

- Legendaries would still be accessible through Boosters.
- Every single non-Legendary character in the game would have a Destiny Trophy (example: Pilkim's Destiny).
Once you complete that Trophy, you unlock its Legendary evolution in the Upgrade Screen.
- Upgrading a character to its Legendary version would require a certain number of cards, of various rarities - but nothing otherworldly.
Example:
Captain Al Killicrew Destiny Trophy + Captain Al Killicrew Lv4 (any version) + Lost Scroll from Kan-Del + Fiery Sword + Flames of the Phoenix Lv1 = Admiral Al Killicrew Lv1
Essentially, obtaining a Legendary should NOT be about being rich or lucky alone.
It should be available to everyone.
However, it should still feel great.
It should require dedication.
If you love a certain group of characters, you'd work to unlock their Legendary evolutions, and obtain the cards necessary to Upgrade them.

I love this idea and would love to see this work

#5 22-12-2012 16:46:19

iQuit
Guémélite

other tcg that i play treat legendary characters as characters for collectors . They can be earned by doing trophies or completing card set ( "Act" in Eredan ) , not some freaking OP shit that can be pulled from the booster and thrown to the market big_smile

#6 28-12-2012 20:32:28

gaurdianaq
Habitant de Guem

I support this idea!

#7 28-12-2012 20:50:34

Damncaster
Solarian

Legendary Masamune OMG +INFINIT

No good... No evil... Just a Judge

It´s all about Mastery!

#8 28-12-2012 20:59:14

gaurdianaq
Habitant de Guem

Or at least make it so that the legendaries stay how they are but what the legendary requires to make is based on what the legendary is.

Like Zil would Require level 4 salem and some other cards.

Where as like, Ourenos would require the elfine/homchai on his lvl 1 form. Master Mage Pilkim might require like, Lvl 4 Pilkim, Watchmaker of Destiny, Apostle of Destiny plus some noz items and such.

#9 28-12-2012 21:25:35

hotfoot
Habitant de Guem

Not a bad Idea, but I think the thing that would keep it from happening is EVERY character having a legendary upgrade. Assuming that worst case scenario when a character would get to this status at least his border and stats/powers would change. if not the art it's self. Considering how many character are in this game that would be a LOT of work. Which would require a LOT of money which would not be nice on our end. I would suggest only certain "key" characters or at least semi important characters get it. Because although making a deck with legendary [card]Crystocat[/card] would be funny putting in the work to make him available just cause he MIGHT be someones favorite character and they MIGHT want a legendary version of him isn't cast effective or practical. I would suggest maybe HALF the characters in the game have the option.
I just don't think many would care to have a legendary [card]dandy[/card].

#10 28-12-2012 21:44:17

gaurdianaq
Habitant de Guem

hotfoot a écrit :

Not a bad Idea, but I think the thing that would keep it from happening is EVERY character having a legendary upgrade. Assuming that worst case scenario when a character would get to this status at least his border and stats/powers would change. if not the art it's self. Considering how many character are in this game that would be a LOT of work. Which would require a LOT of money which would not be nice on our end. I would suggest only certain "key" characters or at least semi important characters get it. Because although making a deck with legendary [card]Crystocat[/card] would be funny putting in the work to make him available just cause he MIGHT be someones favorite character and they MIGHT want a legendary version of him isn't cast effective or practical. I would suggest maybe HALF the characters in the game have the option.

I think the legendary characters we have is enough, and just have them be like, final evolutions for multiple cards (but as was suggested by the OP have them require multiple cards to work towards)

Like I mean Salem is technically Zil, and Pilkim is Master Mage Pilkim, Captain Al Killicrew is Admiral Al Kilicrew

#11 28-12-2012 23:51:35

Nurvus
Gardien

hotfoot a écrit :

I'm not suggesting that every character should have an exclusively Legendary version with lv1 2 and 3.

I'm saying every character should have at least a final, Legendary stage.

Example:
Naya Lv1 (rare), Lv2 (rare), Lv3 (rare), Lv3 (Legendary)

Only a few characters would be obtainable directly in Legendary version, such as Admiral Al Killicrew.

Dernière modification par Nurvus (28-12-2012 23:51:51)

Pied de page des forums