Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 07-08-2012 23:19:16

scorvos74
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : U.S.A.

Update to Attack Animation and sound

This is a suggestion on interface only - zero game effect.

Currently when you make a physical attack you see the white slash animation over the opposing character and the "sword Slash" sound effect. 

I like this effect - and it is perfect for all sword and Dagger Wielding characters.

However it would be a nice addition if there would be additional animations and sound effects to reflect the various weapons available to the characters of Eredan. 

I would suggest that an animation / sound be set for the following weapons:

Sword and Dagger - Current animation
Ax and Scythe - one wide gash with a Hack sound
Hammer, Flail, staff and Sledge - cracking image (like broken Glass) and Crack noise
Claws  - Two sets of four parallel cuts Crisscrossing with two matching slash noises
Spear - Three Diamond shaped hits with corresponding stabbing noise.
Bow - 'bulls-eye' image appearing over the character with an arrow 'Thowk' noise as the center point is drawn.
Powder - Jagged hole image with Blunderbuss sound effect

a characters 'unarmed' attack would be based on their picture (what weapon they are holding) and then updated based on any weapon they have attached to them.

So Jon the Filibuster would start with the sword effect, but would change to powder effect if a P.L.O.P. were attached. 

Now of course attack is not the only animation / sound that could use a face lift (Spells - I am looking at you) but I leave those suggestions to some one else.

#2 07-08-2012 23:38:12

Nurvus
Gardien

Re : Update to Attack Animation and sound

Blunt objects should have a bludgeoning sound, like wood/bone/rock-hitting/breaking.

While I think Scythe should stay in the slash department, I agree Axe could have a hacking sound instead of slashing.

Powder should be powder and explosion. Powder isn't necessarily all about bullets.
Although how would you deal with Pistolblade? It's both a sword and a powder weapon, although it has the powder weapon type.

Maybe Feerik should introduce dual-item types, like "Item One handed Sword - Powder" for Pistolblade, and "Item Two handed Spear - Axe" for a Poleaxe/Halberd.

Anyway, there was a thread about this, but focused around elemental spell damage types.

#3 08-08-2012 08:20:16

Zurga
Modérateur Eredan

The game is already a very memory consuming game. Adding effect will add more memory consumption.
For small connection or small PC configuration, it will be too heavy.

This is the standard answer on theses subjects by the staff.

Collectionneur de cartes

#4 08-08-2012 13:29:38

scorvos74
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : U.S.A.

and really  that is the most important thing; this was just frosting.

Pied de page des forums