Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 22-06-2012 08:18:20

ZaNziBaN
Ptit nouveau

The End of Kobota

So I don't know the  reason that why THEY change the effect of the card.
I play Kobota Weapon at will mix with The Cousin Deck. Of course it's not the most powerful deck but I can still beat most Deck most guild with my Deck. Until THEY change the effect of Weapon at will. OMG I think you should DELETE this card if you change the effect into a new one.

Recently in Eredan we saw a few Kobota Deck, but Today Hardly ever seen it.
why is that? it's beacause....

...The one of the most powerful DECK of Kobota guild is Weapon at will Deck. but now it's suck

In the Old version,The Strenth of weapon at will is it can be Activate Item Immedietly and gain a lots of attack at the same time not for chain Card
we have a lot of card that can chain but we have a few card that can Activate item Immedietly and powerful likes weapon at will.
and the last one it can be Chain ONLY KOBOTA Card while almost chain Card is can be chain any Card

someone read this may be think it just one card why are you  so serious?

yep it's just one card but think about if that Card is in your Deck and make your Deck
weaker than the old Version. And you will understand what I feel.

PS
I welcome to hear every opinion but pls make sure you have an exp about kobota and you know about How difference between weapon at will in the old Version and New Version
I bored when someone post something like he knows everything but none

Dernière modification par ZaNziBaN (22-06-2012 13:43:48)

#2 22-06-2012 08:28:44

karnoki
Habitant de Guem

Re : The End of Kobota

sry but I think it better because it can chain kotoba card
although it not activate immediately

Dernière modification par karnoki (22-06-2012 08:29:29)

#3 22-06-2012 09:22:22

ZaNziBaN
Ptit nouveau

Do you play KOBOTA? or Do you have Weapon at will in your Deck?

The Strenth of weapon at will is it can be Activate Item Immedietly and gain a lots of attack at the same time not for chain Card

we have a lot of card that can chain but we have a few card that can Activate item Immedietly and powerful likes weapon at will.

and the last one it can be Chain ONLY KOBOTA Card while almost chain Card is can be chain any Card

Dernière modification par ZaNziBaN (22-06-2012 09:24:27)

#4 22-06-2012 10:07:21

TheRainMan
Guémélite

Liar..you obviously never played Kotoba

WaW got BUFFED by giving it enchainment do Kotoba cards. Just think about WaW+Kensensei....or other strong kombos, this was a good buff for them. So Stop crying and start playing the new Kotoba.

#5 22-06-2012 11:31:20

sMuuth
Guémélite

I dont see any point you must regret
the card get reduction and get some good buff in exchange of that
better than modification of any card on 20th June
bear with it

Dont like it?
Just sell it
the price get higher on market

#6 22-06-2012 12:10:37

Neja.Persot.Spy
Guémélite
Lieu : Philippines

There's no END of Kotoba.... They can still kick some decks.. smile

Aho'y matey..
Cap't Persot - "Avast, m'harty"
Me hab' 4 P'irate fle'ts... Ahoy, Matey
Plund'r dem!!

#7 22-06-2012 12:14:25

soulst3al3r
Solarian

Kotoba's War Guem trackers and Crows are still hangign tough up there in the upper tier of elo. Weapon at will didnt get nerfed, it got buffed. Think before you post

#8 22-06-2012 13:14:03

Damncaster
Solarian

WaW is way better now

No good... No evil... Just a Judge

It´s all about Mastery!

#9 22-06-2012 13:17:36

ZaNziBaN
Ptit nouveau

TheRainMan a écrit :

Liar..you obviously never played Kotoba

WaW got BUFFED by giving it enchainment do Kotoba cards. Just think about WaW+Kensensei....or other strong kombos, this was a good buff for them. So Stop crying and start playing the new Kotoba.

you said think about WaW+Kensensei Ok let's look you just have 1 Kensensei
so this combo can use only once per game. and look at this assume you have 3 weapon in discard pile and the last one is Life Devourer
Old Version : 1 card that can chain + WaW, the result is +6 Attack from WaW ,effect of the first card and if we do more damage than opponent we gain hp+2
New Version your Combo : WaW + Kensensei, +6 Attack period.

So I think Old Version is more Powerful than this new version and these are the reason
1.Old WaW can Activates Weapon Immedietly
2.New WaW can chain only KOBOTA Card. if it can chain any card that acceptable.

THEY change it into worst not better.

I play Koboto Deck and I never change may be until this time

and what is the other strong combo you said Show me an example pls.
(or it you that never play KObota)

Dernière modification par ZaNziBaN (22-06-2012 13:44:29)

#10 22-06-2012 13:22:27

ZaNziBaN
Ptit nouveau

Neja.Persot.Spy a écrit :

There's no END of Kotoba.... They can still kick some decks.. smile

yep you're right. coz Kobota is cheapest Deck, Easiest Deck to play
There's no End of course.

They can still kick some (weak or not complete) Decks.

Dernière modification par ZaNziBaN (22-06-2012 13:23:32)

#11 22-06-2012 13:26:05

ZaNziBaN
Ptit nouveau

soulst3al3r a écrit :

Kotoba's War Guem trackers and Crows are still hangign tough up there in the upper tier of elo. Weapon at will didnt get nerfed, it got buffed. Think before you post

I agree w/ you about War Guem and Crows

but Im not understand about "Weapon at will didnt get nerfed, it got buffed."
Could you explain this for me? thanks

#12 22-06-2012 13:27:49

ZaNziBaN
Ptit nouveau

sMuuth a écrit :

I dont see any point you must regret
the card get reduction and get some good buff in exchange of that
better than modification of any card on 20th June
bear with it

Dont like it?
Just sell it
the price get higher on market

What's good buff? chain Kobota Card is that good buff?

#13 22-06-2012 13:34:12

Stormholt
Eredanien
Lieu : Votorantim,São Paulo
Site Web

Damncaster a écrit :

WaW is way better now

+1

If you think that kotoba is over, my friend... You need some time...

E meu nome não é SHIRLEY!

Eredan-->> Storm Videos <<--Videos

#14 22-06-2012 13:54:18

Gent M
Habitant de Guem

I've had kotoba waw deck for ages and I've tried many combinations.
When [card]Taichi sword[/card] was introduced you could easily ko a lot of good cards by turn 2 and even win by turn 4 with a pure WaW deck. Now, with the new version you can be happy if you manage a KO in turn 3.

Sure kensensei greatly amplifies WaW but that's just one card. If you don't get it by turn 3 it's useless. Overkill is nice but sometimes useless. Also now that you only benefit from 7 of the weapons in the discard pile you need a lot of action cards so the odds to quickly draw weapons and discard them are greatly reduced.

I'll have to try the new WaW for a while before making statements but my feeling is that WaW decks just got a lot slower and can no longer handle high damage mages.

#15 22-06-2012 14:46:57

Zurga
Modérateur Eredan

Only one sentence : [card]Glory to the emperor[/card].
WaW is much better now, when you use this card....
Don't forget [card]Borrowing[/card].
Just adapt your "I put all in my discard in the correct order" deck to something you think twice the move you do.

Collectionneur de cartes

#16 22-06-2012 14:54:22

karnoki
Habitant de Guem

ZaNziBaN a écrit :

Do you play KOBOTA? or Do you have Weapon at will in your Deck?

The Strenth of weapon at will is it can be Activate Item Immedietly and gain a lots of attack at the same time not for chain Card

yes, I have... as i told in "suggestion" I have many expensive decks...  (but i love playing Sap sad never noring even I lose.)

#17 22-06-2012 15:00:24

sMuuth
Guémélite

Gent M a écrit :

When [card]Taichi sword[/card] was introduced you could easily ko a lot of good cards by turn 2 and even win by turn 4 with a pure WaW deck. Now, with the new version you can be happy if you manage a KO in turn 3.

Ok you already explain why this card have modification

ZaNziBaN a écrit :

What's good buff? chain Kobota Card is that good buff?

of course it is.
it no longer become boring deck
ZaNziBaN and zurga already give exampe
from my experience, this is more:
Waw + Iaido -> you get 2 weapon at once (besure take more dual wield)
Waw + makeshift weapon
WaW + Keep your guard up (dont try this yet, i dont have keep your guard up)
+ get some active immediately weapon like wakizashi

#18 22-06-2012 20:14:49

ZaNziBaN
Ptit nouveau

Gent M a écrit :

I've had kotoba waw deck for ages and I've tried many combinations.

Sure kensensei greatly amplifies WaW but that's just one card. If you don't get it by turn 3 it's useless. Overkill is nice but sometimes useless. Also now that you only benefit from 7 of the weapons in the discard pile you need a lot of action cards so the odds to quickly draw weapons and discard them are greatly reduced.

I'll have to try the new WaW for a while before making statements but my feeling is that WaW decks just got a lot slower and can no longer handle high damage mages.

Finally I have someone who understand what I would to say. It's not about what card we should combo w/ New WaW, it's about strategy. And I still confirm that an old WaW can be make better strategy than New WaW. Why is that? let's me show you.

I will not expain about Old WaW strategy this time you can read on my first post.

I will expain w/ a Combo that many people share to my Topic. Thank you all guys.

let's start w/ Zurga combo :  Glory to the emperor > yep this card is so good the weapon can be activated immedietly but we don't need it if we use old WaW
and I don't need it because I use Kaiken and The Dagger of Sufferance.
Borrowing > This card cannot use w/ the weapon from New WaW because you must choose a weapon attached to one of your out of combat characters
but This is card is good chain card
and The last thing, both of these card is a chain card, so keep it to chain w/ another card that cannot chain it seem a bit useful than this.

sMuuth combo : I think you have not experience w/ your combo if im wrong I must apologize. ok let's start w/ Keep your guard up > it seem good to play w/ New WaW but like I said you don't need it if you use the Old one. Iaido it cannot use w/ the  New Waw because the condition of Iaido is If your character isn't carrying a weapon and does not play any this turn this combo will be failed.
Makeshift weapon > This card should not be in the deck that use Weapon - -"
The last one Wakizashi... I think I have nothing to say anymore w/ your combo.
Thank you

let's share about stretegy w/ new WaW if you can find the combo that more powerful or at least equal the Old Version

Plz share w/ your real experience, don't just think it good combo even you never try that yet

Dernière modification par ZaNziBaN (22-06-2012 20:19:22)

#19 22-06-2012 20:57:06

Zurga
Modérateur Eredan

It seems that you miss the main point of the card modification : Change your deck.
If the card is different, this is only to force you to adapt your deck.
Weapon at will became some sort of Items have a soul for kotoba, put a lot of weapon, 3 weapon at will, and no strategy, only discard weapons and play weapon at will.
The staff found this strategy was bad for the future of the kotobas.
They want to change that.
The new deck force you to play your weapons, to choose more actions in your deck.
And they release some actions to do the same sort of power they add with only a card.

If all your topic is to say that you need more cards to do what you could do before, yes, of course, this is the aim of the change.

If the topic is to say that Kotobas are dead, you have to prove it.
The last release allows a lot of new possibilities that can add a lot of strategies to succeed with the kotobas fighters.

By the way, I never pretend you have to play glory to the emperor + weapon at will. It is not a combo, this is a deck strategy.

Collectionneur de cartes

#20 22-06-2012 21:38:51

Nurvus
Gardien

This should answer the OP:
- [card]Weapons at Will[/card]
- [card]Kensensei[/card]
- [card]Glory to the Emperor[/card]

Dernière modification par Nurvus (22-06-2012 21:44:29)

#21 23-06-2012 03:25:02

ZaNziBaN
Ptit nouveau

Zurga a écrit :

It seems that you miss the main point of the card modification : Change your deck.
If the card is different, this is only to force you to adapt your deck.
Weapon at will became some sort of Items have a soul for kotoba, put a lot of weapon, 3 weapon at will, and no strategy, only discard weapons and play weapon at will.
The staff found this strategy was bad for the future of the kotobas.
They want to change that.
The new deck force you to play your weapons, to choose more actions in your deck.
And they release some actions to do the same sort of power they add with only a card.

If all your topic is to say that you need more cards to do what you could do before, yes, of course, this is the aim of the change.

If the topic is to say that Kotobas are dead, you have to prove it.
The last release allows a lot of new possibilities that can add a lot of strategies to succeed with the kotobas fighters.

By the way, I never pretend you have to play glory to the emperor + weapon at will. It is not a combo, this is a deck strategy.

that's just show you didn't play kobota and the change of WaW not effect to you. So leave from this Topic. don't try to give a reason coz it's not effect to you . My topic doesn't want Staff change WaW into the Old one.
My topic is about THEY change it into Worst not better and that Effect to the player who play WaW, who spend money to build this Deck. Now they have to change their deck because the effect of the new one. like I said before if the Card that change is in your Deck and it worst than before, mat be You will understand people who effect by this changed.

#22 23-06-2012 03:42:44

soulst3al3r
Solarian

why is this on the deck and strategy part btw? do we have a rant, don't-listen-to-anyone-else's opinion section?

#23 23-06-2012 08:20:40

genesyx
Habitant de Guem

It's funny how you insisted your thread on being an open-to-all-opinion idea, but you end up bashing every idea given to you.

You argue that WaW became weaker, and people offered you combo/ explanation on why the changes are made ( 3 WaW, alot of items and no strategy) . But you argue that with the old WaW you won't NEED such cards/combos to achieve the same/better effect.

You argue that this change made people that spend money for WaW having a weaker deck/ need to change their deck, but that is the main point of the changes. WaW ain't the only card effected, there's also Ecstasy, Heartbreaking dilemma and other main cards in other decks. Cards get nerf because they're too OP in the current meta, and changes are made to bring them down to earth so other strategies can work as well.
The changes were made so people would change their deck. What, you'd expect WaW to get buffed and you wouldn't have to change your deck or something?

And before you go telling me that I don't understand the feel of having your hard-earn-deck weaken because I don't play WaW , I myself had my Ecstasy nerfed, and mind you the nerf sufered by ecstasy was waaay worse than WaW (at least the new WaW with chain is open up for new strategies, but of course you're too blinded by its reduction in raw power to see it)

p/s :

ZaNziBaN a écrit :

let's start w/ Zurga combo :  Glory to the emperor > yep this card is so good the weapon can be activated immedietly but we don't need it if we use old WaW
and I don't need it because I use Kaiken and The Dagger of Sufferance.

The difference between the new and old WaW is
a) it limits the dmg
b) the item gotten won't activate immediately
c) it chains

since you say you use kaiken and other instant activation weapons, your only concern is the dmg it adds. IMO unless you're running the 1-trick-pony-WaW deck (which is the reason why the change was brought in the 1st place) , +7 is quite high of a limit no? 

ZaNziBaN a écrit :

The last one Wakizashi... I think I have nothing to say anymore w/ your combo.
Thank you

let's share about stretegy w/ new WaW if you can find the combo that more powerful or at least equal the Old Version

What's wrong with WaW+ wakizashi ? You'll have 2 instant activated items (as you say you use) and some damage. Like wise the only problem I see is the potential damage the old WaW could bring with 10+ weapons in the grave.

Also ,may I ask what strategy does the old WaW brings that the new one can't do, apart from Old WaW's insane dmg ?

Dernière modification par genesyx (23-06-2012 08:41:23)

#24 23-06-2012 10:55:34

Zurga
Modérateur Eredan

ZaNziBaN a écrit :

that's just show you didn't play kobota and the change of WaW not effect to you. So leave from this Topic. don't try to give a reason coz it's not effect to you . My topic doesn't want Staff change WaW into the Old one.
My topic is about THEY change it into Worst not better and that Effect to the player who play WaW, who spend money to build this Deck. Now they have to change their deck because the effect of the new one. like I said before if the Card that change is in your Deck and it worst than before, mat be You will understand people who effect by this changed.

Of course, I know nothing, I have never played weapon at will...
Sorry for you, I had.

If you read all my posts, I never say that the change is to enhance WaW.
It is a nerf, the first sentence of your topic is :

I give you some of them :
- Deck mechanism isn't good, way to limited
- Power of the card ruin all others cards that could be released in the future

If you look a little further than the Kotoba, you will see that last Hom'chaï releases have changed the way the Hom'chaï deck is played, no more only IhaS mechanism but new one with sacrificing character to boost another one and use the weapons in discards not only for a big boost, but also to activate and play them.
The modification of Weapon at Will is on this evolution path.
A standard WaW deck has almost 15 weapons.
A optimized one has only 9 or 10 weapons and the new Weapon at will is limited to +7, just in line with the optimized vision of the deck.

As I have already said, the new cards (and some old one like [card]Iaido[/card]) are here to change your deck and to allow the Kotoba to be still powerful even they need more cards to do so.
Before, when someone use [card]the prestige[/card] on weapon at will or [card]anathematize[/card], you was almost dead.
If you think about strategies, about the cards you can use, you will see that this modification is not the end of Kotoba.

Collectionneur de cartes

#25 23-06-2012 17:05:40

ZaNziBaN
Ptit nouveau

Zurga a écrit :
ZaNziBaN a écrit :

Of course, I know nothing, I have never played weapon at will...
Sorry for you, I had.

If you read all my posts, I never say that the change is to enhance WaW.
It is a nerf, the first sentence of your topic is :

I give you some of them :
- Deck mechanism isn't good, way to limited
- Power of the card ruin all others cards that could be released in the future

If you look a little further than the Kotoba, you will see that last Hom'chaï releases have changed the way the Hom'chaï deck is played, no more only IhaS mechanism but new one with sacrificing character to boost another one and use the weapons in discards not only for a big boost, but also to activate and play them.
The modification of Weapon at Will is on this evolution path.
A standard WaW deck has almost 15 weapons.
A optimized one has only 9 or 10 weapons and the new Weapon at will is limited to +7, just in line with the optimized vision of the deck.

As I have already said, the new cards (and some old one like [card]Iaido[/card]) are here to change your deck and to allow the Kotoba to be still powerful even they need more cards to do so.
Before, when someone use [card]the prestige[/card] on weapon at will or [card]anathematize[/card], you was almost dead.
If you think about strategies, about the cards you can use, you will see that this modification is not the end of Kotoba.

Thank you so much about your discuss, and I apologize to you I think I push you so much, I think I just got mad about the changing. I love my deck I want to play it and improve it but now I feel disappoint that my keys card was be reducted.

No matter what who say I still think about the Old WaW. and that make me cant play Koboto w/ New WaW. At this time I looking for the New Deck I hope that still be Kobota Guild

Thank you Zurga

PS
I think I shouldn't named a topic like this. you're right it's not the End of Kobota.

Pied de page des forums