Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 23-04-2012 22:02:53

izZy
Nehantiste
Site Web

Guild : The Runic Legion

57a941ada9c0991d04945d7d221f75c1.png

Through the "Guild Leader" project, we can give our opinion about the general situation, but also more in detail, about each guild.
That's why i ask you here to give yours. Answer the following questions.

What do you think about the current situation of the Runic Legion?

What are the key points of the guild? The weak points?

Which feature would you want to see appear in game in the futur? Any card ideas?

Additional remarks?

~XOXO, Coranthia.

Dernière modification par izZy (23-04-2012 22:25:44)

#2 23-04-2012 23:33:46

Damncaster
Solarian

Re : Guild : The Runic Legion

Nice! The worst point is magic resistance and as for the gameplay i´d like to see something unique for this guild like forge weapons and armors... like boosts

Dernière modification par Damncaster (23-04-2012 23:34:05)

No good... No evil... Just a Judge

It´s all about Mastery!

#3 24-04-2012 00:13:06

Nurvus
Gardien

Damncaster a écrit :

Nice! The worst point is magic resistance and as for the gameplay i´d like to see something unique for this guild like forge weapons and armors... like boosts

Unique like hmm Runes? tongue

But yeah, I suppose there could be a Forger Caste that plays equipment then upgrades the equipment during battle tongue

#4 24-04-2012 01:24:59

Damncaster
Solarian

Nurvus a écrit :
Damncaster a écrit :

Unique like hmm Runes? tongue

But yeah, I suppose there could be a Forger Caste that plays equipment then upgrades the equipment during battle tongue

yup they must focus in forging at this guild so we better expect some high powered crafts and crafts cards

It´s all about Mastery!

#5 24-04-2012 02:49:29

pikadusk
Habitant de Guem

Personally, I would prefer to have a runemage or maybe a rune guem with rune magic then a forger.  A forger would go better with the dwarves of Avalon...  For some odd reason Aez always reminded me of a dwarf.  Anyway, Romans were never really famous for their blacksmiths, beyond that oddball crippled blacksmith God, they were much more famous for Artisans then forge... oh no, wait, I am confusing them with Greeks again.  What were Roman's famous for besides conquering other nations and synthesizing the nations culture into their own?

If you want to find me in game you will have to look for my real name.  Sap/Nomad/Zil user.

#6 24-04-2012 03:52:47

Nurvus
Gardien

I'm hoping that Runic Legion does NOT have Mages nor Marauders.

Pirates are Warriors, Marauders, Mages and Craftsmen
Zil Warriors are Warriors, Marauders, Mages and Priests (only have 1 Craftsman)
Desert Nomads are Warriors, Marauders and Priests (only 1 Craftsman)
Sap Hearts are Warriors and Mages (only 1 Craftsman)
Kotoba are Warriors, Marauders, Mages and Craftsmen
Noz'Dingard are Mages with two warrior/multi-class mage Castes (only 1 Craftsman)
Nehantists are Warriors, Marauders and Mages.
Mercenaries are everything, but it makes sense.

Runic Warriors should only have Warriors, Craftsmen, Priests and Berserkers.
I wouldn't mind Guemelites though.

Now we need a Guild without Warriors too smile

Dernière modification par Nurvus (24-04-2012 03:53:10)

#7 24-04-2012 04:20:46

CAPTUSA
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : New York City
Site Web

THIS IS SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

All I Would Like to see is something different such as brute strength, with direct damage cards such as rain of arrows, ecstasy unique for the archon caste powered by cor runes, im tired of seeing gay thurgies & spells, i wanna see some ecstacy, & storm inspired cards for the archon, and some kick azz warriors, not mages, mauraders, and etc...just full blooded warriors!

Dernière modification par CAPTUSA (24-04-2012 04:25:08)

Yesterday Was History,
Tomorrow Is A Mystery,
Today Is A Gift,
That's Why It's Called The Present!

#8 24-04-2012 06:02:51

nemoutopia
Habitant de Guem

What do you think about the current situation of the Runic Legion?

&

What are the key points of the guild? The weak points?

-I'm combining these two questions, because the key points and weak points are integral to assessing the Runic Legion's situation.

-As always happens with a new faction release, the Runic Legion are undermanned and outgunned. Being undermanned isn't too much of an issue, as reinforcements will be on the way...but being outgunned means that even the most powerful characters wouldn't be able to keep up. Their release WOULD have been fairly high on the power scale...a year ago. It's not just a matter of play-style options, though. The issue is power creep.

-STRENGTHS: Certain aspects of the Runic Legion are pretty close to the current power thresholds...their theurgies are solid, and once developed they have powerful card recycling and can build runes on characters swiftly. The Runic shields are an interesting update instead of relying on Runic Armor/Gauntlet, both because they are a craftsman item and can accelerate rune gain. Runic Bigblades can not only provide a good attack boost, they can cycle out enemy items and reduce the need to devote deck-space specifically for anti-item cards. The ability to divide defense by four [even rounded up] is powerful.

-WEAKNESSES: In-guild chain opportunities are sort of reverse to their current strengths...their warriors have many chaining options, but the priests have to rely on luck or out-of-guild chaining options unless using War Cry to recycle. While the runic shields are interesting and allow the craftsmen to provide powerful boosts to the team, they ONLY reduce magic damage by 2. Back before lightning pirates, +spell damage proliferation, and crazy-Noz, this would have been pretty powerful...not so much when an individual spell eats your face for 10+ damage or Wild buds hits your each of your team team for 7+ damage per. In a similar vein, team spirit increases by +1 just don't provide good magic protection anymore. There is also the matter of speed. Unless a craftsman has played the shield on an out-of-combat character, it's hard to get into play without sacrificing a weapon play...and since the weapons don't have speed activation either, their potential both as attack boosts and anti-item/theurgy cards are very limited.

-Put simply, the things that make the Legion strong (priests + craftsman, rune utilization, items, attack/defense) don't put them on even footing with other established decks yet.

Which feature would you want to see appear in game in the future? Any card ideas?

Just as Pirates have gradually gained some more uses for Powder Tokens, and more cards that utilize them, the Runic Legion should focus on Runes. I also don't think more TYPES of runes are necessary, though it would be nice to see cards that utilize Rune Yr in some way. Yeah, yeah, I know, the current deck structure really only supports Cor and Nox, but instead of being a place holder Yr might become a differently themed rune, like an augment rune...by which I mean a card that consumed a Yr rune would have no effect unless another type of rune was also consumed. Example language: "Rune Yr: If a Rune Cor is utilized by {Card_Name}, deal one direct damage." I also think this is the answer to allowing the Legion to scale their defenses against different kinds of opponents. Example:

Legion Bastion. Unique. Action. Rune Nox: Until the end of the game, your Runic Legion characters have -1 to magic damage suffered. Rune Cor: Until the end of the game, your Runic Legion have -1 to physical damage suffered. Rune Yr: Until the end of the game, your Runic Legion have -1 to direct damage suffered.

or

Runic Binding. Theurgy. Choose one of your Runic Legion with a Runic Shield attached. As long as Runic Binding is attached to this character, items attached to this character may not be removed from game, discarded, returned to deck, returned to hand, or re-attached to another character. Rune Nox: -1 to magic damage suffered. Rune Cor: -1 to physical damage suffered. Rune Yr: -1 to direct damage suffered.

A card like Legion barrier would provide team wide bonuses, but still be slow enough that it couldn't be cycled every turn [looking at you, War Cry in a Priest deck] and provide an insurmountable advantage. A card like Runic Binding would provide a solid bonus for a single character, but still be susceptible to removal like Clumsiness or another Runic Legion deck's Runic Bigblade + Rune Nox.

It would also be interesting to see cards that affected the amount of Rune a character can have attached at one time...I don't have any real thoughts on this other than an extension of how powerful/cool Archons can be. I can easily see how this could get out of hand and cause UI problems, though, which is why it's more of a 'wouldn't it be neat if...' thought.

Additional remarks?

Creep is inevitable, and I'm afraid one of the answers is going to be the addition of Mages and Marauders. I'm neutral about berserkers, but a pure Mage is something that should never make its way into the Runic Legion. While a Mage-Priest or Mage-Warrior who utilizes Runes in an interesting manner [at the start of the turn, +1 to spell and theurgy effects until end of turn if {Character_Name} has a Rune Nox] might be accepted, a pure mage simply doesn't fit their theme. Similarly, any Runic Legion spells should be War spells, for obvious reasons. Additionally, a Marauder should be a Marauder-Warrior and thereby gain access to OUT OF GUILD marauder cards [instead of making Runic Legion ones] while retaining the warrior's fire. This might also be an interesting way to give new Runic Legion warriors access not to +attack, but more Mystic Slayer like bonuses against their targets [-X to damage suffered, defense cannot be modified by warriors, or the like].

Dernière modification par nemoutopia (24-04-2012 06:07:40)

#9 25-04-2012 09:08:58

shaderlol
Voyageur

Nurvus a écrit :

well ofcourse Rome are very famous with their Gladiators
so runic should have this class
same like ice elf Bersekers but different gameplay IMHO

and they should go with full physical / direct damage,
spears, swords and shields, but no armor
instead they should have damage reducing action rather than armors smile

#10 25-04-2012 16:34:17

Nurvus
Gardien

shaderlol a écrit :
Nurvus a écrit :

well ofcourse Rome are very famous with their Gladiators
so runic should have this class
same like ice elf Bersekers but different gameplay IMHO

and they should go with full physical / direct damage,
spears, swords and shields, but no armor
instead they should have damage reducing action rather than armors smile

Well if the Runic Warriors are like Rome/Greece, then I suppose their gladiators would be Berserkers, and they would change appearance to look like greek/roman mithological beasts or gods.

As for defensive action, it could be based on the weapon.

Look Death in the Eyes

Gain a Yr Rune.
If a Weapon is attached to this character, physical and magical damage dealt to him is reduced by 3, if not, a Weapon from your Hand is played and if it is One handed, it activates immediately.
Berserker or Warrior: Chain.
Not today!

Dernière modification par Nurvus (25-04-2012 16:39:28)

#11 25-04-2012 17:45:03

RGPRICE
Ptit nouveau

Gain a Yr Rune.
If a Weapon is attached to this character, physical and magical damage dealt to him is reduced by 3, if not, a Weapon from your Hand is played and if it is One handed, it activates immediately.

The only real issue i'd have with that is that the warrior aspect of the Runic Legion revolves a lot around the Runic Bigblade. but i suppose it would be way too powerful of an effect if it were to activate one from your hand immediately

#12 26-04-2012 07:44:44

shaderlol
Voyageur

Nurvus a écrit :

Look Death in the Eyes

Gain a Yr Rune.
Not today!

Thats a cool idea

RGPRICE a écrit :

The only real issue i'd have with that is that the warrior aspect of the Runic Legion revolves a lot around the Runic Bigblade. but i suppose it would be way too powerful of an effect if it were to activate one from your hand immediately

well insteand of activate a weapon change it to direct damage base on rune smile

Dernière modification par shaderlol (26-04-2012 07:44:54)

#13 05-06-2012 15:44:25

Morgrow
Voyageur

I have some questions as a beginner
Question 1: Does [card]Runic Bigblade[/card] eats a nox rune if there is no card to discard?
Question 2: What activates first? The ability of [card]Runic Lord Xenophon[/card] (lvl3) or the Runic Bigblade s ability when Xenophon has a cor rune?
Question 3: Is that real that i could add +14 attack bonus to Xenophon when i get really lucky in the third turn?

Don't be angry.....I'm just a beginner

#14 05-06-2012 16:20:09

Sapphon
Staff Feerik

1 : It does. First the Nox is used, then you check if there is anything to discard.
2 : Xenophon's ability activates at the start of the fight. Bigblade consumes cor runes when it activates (usually after the fight).
3 : If you find a way to rise rune limit beyond 3, yeah, you can have a +14 attack bonus in the 3rd turn ;p

#15 05-06-2012 17:09:32

Morgrow
Voyageur

Sapphon a écrit :

1 : It does. First the Nox is used, then you check if there is anything to discard.
2 : Xenophon's ability activates at the start of the fight. Bigblade consumes cor runes when it activates (usually after the fight).
3 : If you find a way to rise rune limit beyond 3, yeah, you can have a +14 attack bonus in the 3rd turn ;p

I was just wondering because i killed someone in the third turn(some kobota guy) just i had no runic bigblade and i did not believe it.
If you could play during the first turn a [card]Stamping[/card](cor) and a [card]... prepares for war[/card] not with the consul (i suggest u have only runic bigblade in the deck) and in the second turn u play another [card]Stamping[/card](cor) and attach the blade to Xenophon, than with a [card]Runic Power[/card](cor) and [card]Power of the Colossus[/card] you could do it as i counted. Although you have much better chances in the 5th turn.
Runic bigblede +3attack +2 attack with a cor rune =+5
Xenophon's ability gives +1 for third turn +2 for the runes =+3
Runic Power gives +2 for the 2 cor runes =+2
Power of the Colossus gives +6
that means +5+3+2+6= +16attack  (looks like i miscounted it first)
You have much better chances in the 5th turn but it's still hard
and i was thinking about to put some deck together based on this mighty strength..

#16 05-06-2012 17:13:07

Sapphon
Staff Feerik

Oh, yeah : +14 with everything is possible. I thought you were talking about a +14 with only Xeno's passive.

#17 05-06-2012 17:15:16

Morgrow
Voyageur

Sapphon a écrit :

Oh, yeah : +14 with everything is possible. I thought you were talking about a +14 with only Xeno's passive.

oh jaj sorry

#18 22-06-2012 15:11:45

xydraga
Campeur

I think what the Legion really needs is a new Archon that supports your other Archons, instead of only supporting your other runics. Cuz as it is, they don't even have an actual caste, more like some half baked knockoff.

"Excuse my drunken ranting, I've had too much apple juice. Strong stuff it is"

#19 22-06-2012 15:21:17

sMuuth
Guémélite

Archon is the leader
there is no need for 2 leader in a party
maybe in another caste

also another guild only have 1 caste(pirate, sap, nehant)(not count courtesan)
only the 5 first five guild have more than 1 caste (kotoba,noz,zil,mercenary,nomad)

#20 22-06-2012 15:53:33

xydraga
Campeur

I understand what your saying, but if your playing an all Archon deck, wouldn't you like for there to be one that ties them all together?
Like how [card]Fenrath[/card] is an integral part of the Pack caste.

"Excuse my drunken ranting, I've had too much apple juice. Strong stuff it is"

#21 22-06-2012 16:16:52

sMuuth
Guémélite

xydraga a écrit :

I understand what your saying, but if your playing an all Archon deck, wouldn't you like for there to be one that ties them all together?
Like how [card]Fenrath[/card] is an integral part of the Pack caste.

agree
but afaik that was archon means
unlike tha pack(team) it is depends on number of groups
Blood sword give att or def to all member
faceless get bonus from blood sword
fenrath give bonus damage to all pack
wild need another member to share lunation to boost stat
Brutus need more members of opponent to get stronger

i get your point
thats why i said they need more caste smile

#22 03-08-2012 00:52:26

shadowrumia
Ptit nouveau

they need a few actions that let them use the runes they have...too often i have runes left over after using all my card combos with them

I use Runic Lord Hares as my archon, Coranthia as my priest/craftsman and Myrina as my warrior.  I rely on the swords, resistance and items heavily but also spells and actions to deal damage and survive.  I like the feel of them but as is they are limited.  they need better armor than those shields, they need more clan specific weapons.

Dernière modification par shadowrumia (03-08-2012 00:55:23)

#23 03-08-2012 15:07:38

Damncaster
Solarian

They ain´t Roman their Greece TT-TT .

Where the hell u think the bulls come from? Minotaur. And for those who don´t know Romans only venerate one GOD. Also they can´t have Berzerkers the casts are already decided Priest, Craft and Warrior so don´t add more because it will get messy.

Dernière modification par Damncaster (03-08-2012 15:13:04)

It´s all about Mastery!

#24 03-08-2012 18:02:37

UIA
Habitant de Guem

Damncaster a écrit :

.. And for those who don´t know Romans only venerate one GOD.

dude get your history right. Romans were polytheists for a very long time. It was only later under Constantine that christianity became predominant. The sheer size of the empire and their lax attitude towards enforcement of a state religion (would have caused more trouble then it was worth) meant that for a long time their peoples were generally allowed to worship as they please.

Dernière modification par UIA (03-08-2012 18:07:59)

#25 03-08-2012 18:03:53

Damncaster
Solarian

UIA a écrit :
Damncaster a écrit :

.. And for those who don´t know Romans only venerate one GOD.

dude get your history right. Romans were polytheists for a very long time. It was only later under Constantine that they officially adopted christianity. The sheer size of the empire and their lax attitude towards enforcement of a state religion (would have caused more trouble then it was worth) meant that for a long time their peoples were generally allowed to worship as they please.

Nope, only one and it was the Emperor xP. Read again... and actually those who venerated more than one where killed xD

Dernière modification par Damncaster (03-08-2012 18:04:19)

It´s all about Mastery!

Pied de page des forums