Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 10-01-2012 17:22:50

Nurvus
Gardien

Scarab Shield: Where is she?

4OjVQWbW.png

Where is this Nomad?
If she's Soraya, where is this version of her?

I imagine her as a Solarian Priest, possibly multiclass, of counterattack nature, possibly Eclipse or a whole new caste.

Example: She could have a weak base attack, but gain Min Attack +X where X equals half the damage she took last Fight.

Dernière modification par Nurvus (10-01-2012 17:26:55)

#2 10-01-2012 17:36:29

Zurga
Modérateur Eredan

Re : Scarab Shield: Where is she?

Soraya level 2
iHbRfy3D.png
has all the characteristics of this image :
- Hair cut
- Upper dressing
- Tattoos above hips
- Small bags at hips

The choose of colour is strange, but anything else is on the level 2 of Soraya.

Dernière modification par Zurga (10-01-2012 17:36:54)

Collectionneur de cartes

#3 10-01-2012 17:57:09

TPPK
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : Belgium

Zurga a écrit :

- Tattoos above hips

I'm astonished by your attention for detail...

Dernière modification par TPPK (10-01-2012 17:57:45)

#4 10-01-2012 18:11:10

Zurga
Modérateur Eredan

Follow this link, this is more obvious :
http://static.eredan.com/cards/print/us/iHbRfy3D.png

By the way, I'm updating the French wiki regularly and I try to put which is on which card (like this page : http://wiki.eredan.com/index.php?title=FR:ITCG:Dimizar for characters or this page http://wiki.eredan.com/index.php?title= … Perversion for cards).
So I look every details carefully.

Did you notice on [card]Journey[/card] there is 2 Asajiro, Tsuro is hidden on top left (if you see the image without the background you see it, the leg is visible).
There is a lot of details in the cards, some fun, some instructive like this one :
couper%2Ble%2Blien756%252Cetc.jpg

I love those details.

Dernière modification par Zurga (10-01-2012 18:11:48)

Collectionneur de cartes

#5 10-01-2012 18:42:05

TPPK
Habitant de Guem

who is on DMR?

#6 10-01-2012 20:15:55

Zurga
Modérateur Eredan

[card]Moira the witchblade[/card], she is possessed by [card]DeathBlade[/card] due to [card]Dimizar[/card] action cutting her from Dragon.
So she receive the [card]Nehant's seal[/card], but she was saved by other witchblade but suffer a little [card]Eliminehantation[/card] before fully recover.

Dernière modification par Zurga (10-01-2012 20:18:36)

Collectionneur de cartes

#7 10-01-2012 22:31:39

Nurvus
Gardien

4OjVQWbW.png
vs
hXdaUtpA.png
iHbRfy3D.png
rjjDmwPV.png

The most similar is indeed Upgrade 2, however...
...Differences:
- Face (I know it's an expression, yet it strikes me as a completely different character)
- Cheek Tattoos (similar to Soraya Upgrade 3)
- White Eye paint (vaguely similar to Soraya Upgrade 3)
- Forehead Tattoo (similar to Soraya Upgrade 3)
- Chin Tattoo (distinct vertical line)
- Dark paint below the mouth (distinct)
- Hip Tattoo (similar to Soraya Upgrade 3)
- Double Side Ponytail (dunno how to call it in english, but Soraya has it in all 3, Scarab Shield girl doesn't, or maybe does, but very small, or so it seems near her left arm)
- "Scarab Wing Sleeves" (vaguely similar to Soraya Upgrade 2)
- Forearm clothing/accessories (distinct)

The fact they have tattoos in the same spots, even though different, suggest the possibility of being two priests of the same god, with the same Scarab theme.

The more I look at it, the less Soraya I see in Scarab Shield.

Dernière modification par Nurvus (10-01-2012 22:43:39)

#8 10-01-2012 22:42:33

Zurga
Modérateur Eredan

Do not forget the two drawing are not by the same illustrator.

Similarities are more important than small differences of positions.

On Soraya 2, you have :
- Same tattoo on forehead
- Same tattoos on Cheeks
- Same tattoos on hips
- Same Hair cut
- Same earings
- Same upper clothes
- Same small things attached at the hips
- Same lower clothes

I really believe that the two cards represent Soraya level 2.

Collectionneur de cartes

#9 10-01-2012 22:45:00

Nurvus
Gardien

Zurga a écrit :

Do not forget the two drawing are not by the same illustrator.

Similarities are more important than small differences of positions.

On Soraya 2, you have :
- Same tattoo on forehead (nope. Open vs Closed circle)
- Same tattoos on Cheeks (not really, on Soraya 2 is eye paint only, Scarab Shield is eye paint & cheek)
- Same tattoos on hips (nope, 1 line on Soraya 2)
- Same Hair cut (yes, but no side ponytails)
- Same earings (it's not earrings - it's hair, a side ponytail, and very different between all 3 Sorayas and scarab shield, the only similarity is the clothing that grabs the hair)
- Same upper clothes (quite different, just similar pattern)
- Same small things attached at the hips (sure)
- Same lower clothes (sure)

I really believe that the two cards represent Soraya level 2.

Commented your Quote.

Having the same tools and clothing is not uncommon between members of the same cult, etc.

Having same tattoos and haircut isn't unlikely either.

The very strict similarities on several markings and clothing/toolkit between Soraya 3 and Scarab Shield suggest the differences aren't random, nor artist-related.

Dernière modification par Nurvus (10-01-2012 22:54:47)

#10 10-01-2012 23:19:46

PatrikÅkervinda
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : Ängelholm, Sweden

Nurvus a écrit :

Having the same tools and clothing is not uncommon between members of the same cult, etc.

Having same tattoos and haircut isn't unlikely either.

The very strict similarities on several markings and clothing/toolkit between Soraya 3 and Scarab Shield suggest the differences aren't random, nor artist-related.

Aren't you taking the artists view on the eredan-universe a bit too serious? It's two different artists to the two different takes on the same character. Sometimes you just get a written description and some early sketches of the character you draw when doing illustration jobs. It sometimes it just won't look exactly the same as another artist would do it, even if that's what you aim for.

In hundreds of cards they've used characters we know and recognize. Why in the world would they guest star a new character with such a similiar design to Soraya?

If you prefer - Just think of Soraya in the Scarab Shield-picture as the "in between" second and third upgrade.

#11 11-01-2012 04:52:00

Nurvus
Gardien

Sure, but I prefer to think it's another character.

Mylad was in cards like Versatility - waaaaay before Mylad was introduced.

There are several cards with unexistant characters.

So yeah, I like to think they're great, coordinated artists and that they've got a pretty good idea what they're doing.

All the characters in all the cards in the whole game are unmistakable.
I find it hard to believe they'd make a character so different from the actual character.

Dernière modification par Nurvus (11-01-2012 04:53:09)

#12 11-01-2012 05:40:02

goscar
Guémélite

It's Soraya! God how dense can you be? They look the same. Sure a bit of difference but not enough to make it a new character.

Dragon Knights ftw big_smile

#13 11-01-2012 06:06:54

MrLordi92
Gardien
Lieu : Rhode Island

goscar a écrit :

It's Soraya! God how dense can you be? They look the same. Sure a bit of difference but not enough to make it a new character.

What.png

+1

How can you not tell this is Soraya?

"Some say there's no subtly to destruction.  You know what?  They're dead." ~ Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

"One footstep among many is silent.  One footstep alone is deafening."

#14 11-01-2012 07:42:43

walaylisz
Voyageur

If you didn't know,Both cards came out at the same time.So there is no mistaken that it is meant to be Soraya. http://blogus.eredan.com/index.php/2011 … omad-promo

#15 11-01-2012 11:16:06

Zurga
Modérateur Eredan

One point is missing in the comparison : Soraya use a lot of scarabs, and the Scarab shield is made of Scarab.

Really, I think this is Soraya, just a different artist point of view.
Yes, some characters appears far before introduction in game like [card]Dhan[/card], [card]Ardranis[/card] (on [card]The Council's decision[/card]), [card]Malandrin[/card] or [card]Melissandre[/card] (on [card]All is fair in love... [/card], [card]and war[/card]).
But they are not close to an existing character, they have theirs physical specificities very recognizable from others.
This character is too close from Soraya to not be Soraya.

Dernière modification par Zurga (11-01-2012 11:16:46)

Collectionneur de cartes

#16 13-01-2012 15:10:33

TPPK
Habitant de Guem

just bumping it to thank you Zurga for the work you do in the wiki. You cannot imaging how grateful I am for this.

I "and I think a lot of people" appreciate you put the English translations on it as well so we can look for the cards using English search.

#17 13-01-2012 15:20:27

Zurga
Modérateur Eredan

Thanks, I'm always pleased to see that my work is useful.

In fact, the primary idea of the wiki database was to have the name in English to communicate more easily with the English community. wink
After that, I still continue to add data even there is a database with more search capacity existing (in French done par Izzy here : http://eitcg.blogspot.com/p/database.html )

Collectionneur de cartes

#18 13-01-2012 21:48:24

Nurvus
Gardien

And I'm saying I hope it's not the same character...
... as in I hope we will see a new version of Soraya that matches the looks in Scarab Shield.

It looks like Soraya.
It's probably Soraya.

All I've been discussing is that, from the differences in all the 4 cards, it is plausible that it can be a different character or different version of Soraya.

Still, big thanks on the info, Zurga smile

goscar a écrit :

Because [card]Anryena[/card] and [card]Archmage Anryena[/card] look nothing alike, right?

Dernière modification par Nurvus (13-01-2012 21:54:08)

#19 18-01-2012 08:36:33

Talamare
Habitant de Guem

MrLordi92 a écrit :
goscar a écrit :

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k55 … s/What.png

+1

How can you not tell this is Soraya?

I was making this face the entire time I read this thread

#20 18-01-2012 17:24:10

goscar
Guémélite

Nurvus a écrit :
goscar a écrit :

Because [card]Anryena[/card] and [card]Archmage Anryena[/card] look nothing alike, right?

Almost clever...
...but you last I check there was never a card that hinted on a new Anryena, she was just tossed out there. Also the fact that Scarab Shield and Soraya were released on the SAME day, kinda should give you a hint on who that is.

Dragon Knights ftw big_smile

#21 18-01-2012 20:30:34

Nurvus
Gardien

goscar a écrit :
Nurvus a écrit :
goscar a écrit :

Almost clever...
...but you last I check there was never a card that hinted on a new Anryena, she was just tossed out there. Also the fact that Scarab Shield and Soraya were released on the SAME day, kinda should give you a hint on who that is.

I understand, and I'll just reiterate that I hope it is a new version of Soraya, because the character in the Scarab Shield, probably Soraya, but not necessarily the same version, looks distinct enough from the other 3 Sorayas.

You - without any certainty - zealously defend that it must've been the artists' lack of coordination and information.
I - without any certainty - choose to believe the artists knew what they were doing, and that Scarab Shield depicts what could be a different version of Soraya, or a younger sister - whatever.

I say this, like I say there should be a new Bigrage - love the character, and find it sad Bigrage doesn't get her own shinyness. smile

Dernière modification par Nurvus (18-01-2012 20:32:22)

#22 19-01-2012 05:13:05

MrLordi92
Gardien

Nurvus a écrit :

I say this, like I say there should be a new Bigrage - love the character, and find it sad Bigrage doesn't get her own shinyness. smile

By that token should Ergue and Soriek get their own card?  I could care less about BigRage, she's only good for making Abom.  It's not like she's too important in the story for anything other than that, as well.

"Some say there's no subtly to destruction.  You know what?  They're dead." ~ Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

#23 19-01-2012 17:14:04

Nurvus
Gardien

MrLordi92 a écrit :
Nurvus a écrit :

By that token should Ergue and Soriek get their own card?  I could care less about BigRage, she's only good for making Abom.  It's not like she's too important in the story for anything other than that, as well.

Yes, Ergue and Soriek should totally get their own card.
Let's assume in the story they aren't permanently merged as Abomination, and end up finding their own individual strength, almost like Telendar got Liberated Telendar, or Marlok became Marlok the Repentant, etc.

Dernière modification par Nurvus (19-01-2012 17:14:28)

#24 20-01-2012 00:14:15

MrLordi92
Gardien

Nurvus a écrit :
MrLordi92 a écrit :
Nurvus a écrit :

Let's assume in the story they aren't permanently merged as Abomination, and end up finding their own individual strength, almost like Telendar got Liberated Telendar, or Marlok became Marlok the Repentant, etc.

So you're saying lets assume that thing that happened in the story...  Didn't happen in the story?  Telendar got liberated because Dimizar wasn't controlling him anymore, which is why he killed Prophet way back when.  Similar thing for Marlok, bonus points if you know who Marlok's dad is. (Hint hint, it's Dimizar.)

Just because it'd be 'nice' for them to have their own character, it doesn't make sense in the story, unless they were to, say, have an event in the story line that caused Abom to split back to the three.  To be honest I'd like to know why Ergue is Circus and doesn't have any ties to Circus other than the fact that they're Zil.  The other two are just fodder characters.

#25 20-01-2012 00:35:20

Nurvus
Gardien

MrLordi92 a écrit :
Nurvus a écrit :
MrLordi92 a écrit :

(...besides the point...) Just because it'd be 'nice' for them to have their own character, it doesn't make sense in the story, unless they were to, say, have an event in the story line that caused Abom to split back to the three. (...) The other two are just fodder characters.

So you explained the story disregarding the underlined part that obviously means "what if ahead in the story" and then say exactly that?
When you say they're fodder characters, you're stating the obvious, wich is precicely what my post criticizes... just like you criticize how Ergue is Circus yet the card has nothing to do with Circus.
And when I say "almost like Telendar (...)", I mean how events took place that allowed them to become something else. Period.

Dernière modification par Nurvus (20-01-2012 00:46:22)

Pied de page des forums