Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 21-12-2011 21:29:24

L4r90
Habitant de Guem

Pirate Mages

JFjgZh4Z.png
QM0i12Ke.png
tDThkzC9.png

3 [card]Attracts Lightning[/card]
3 [card]Flash for Ward[/card]
3 [card]Lightning Chain[/card]
3 [card]Sky Inhabitant[/card]
3 [card]Struck by Lightning[/card]
3 [card]Lightning Rod[/card]
2 [card]Lightning Thrower[/card]

I might be psychic but just two hours before they released the new cards i started building a Lightning Pirates Deck out of couriosity to see how it plays out. right now i must say it's a lot of fun to use... thou i miss 4 cards of the new release to test out the following version i really think it works great except against Noz and TttS decks

it's plain and simple but at the same time i've had a good laugh when some one attacked me and i had a char with 2 Sky Inhabitants active while all 3 Lightning Rods where present xD
of the cards above i'm only missing the new releases (Corc and the Attracts Lightning), and play Lightning Beak, Storm, and 2 Static Charges instead... never the less it works^^

basicly i spend the first 3 rounds in Spaming Flash for Ward and Lightning Thrower for defense and Struck by Lightning/ Lightning Rod for a set up... after that i just blast my way through the opponent... and trust me on this; they fixed Lightning Rod and Lightning Chain... so its 7->6->5 AoE damage (the only downside is that i cant chain into or out of it)
after looking throu the new set i came to really want the Attracts Lightning since they basicly fetch through the deck at an immense speed o.O
any game that took longer than 7 rounds basicly ends in this deck losing or and mass slaughter where the opponent doesnt know if he should even play a card at all when the Rods are all present and there might be a chance of another Inhabitant on your hand if you got the initiative.

all in all i had a ton of fun leveling my chars so far (even after beeing out of the practice room for Mylads 4th level), and cant wait for the prices to settle down to get the missing cards.
then again i'll see if i'll keep using Ardranis or not, for she's only there to support the other "real" mages and some damage on 0 Def chars (i had her one shot a normad in the 4rd round after playing Lightning Chain with 3 Rods present), or switch her for Lightning-Beak again... on a more expensive turn i might even try it with [card]Doyen Verace-Councilor[/card] but thats 110k for just one card xD

Dernière modification par L4r90 (21-12-2011 21:43:46)

I'm back to Pack

#2 22-12-2011 13:34:06

L4r90
Habitant de Guem

Re : Pirate Mages

no comments or ideas?
D:

I'm back to Pack

#3 22-12-2011 15:33:26

mpandelidis
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : Ottawa, Ontario Canada

What about lighting blade? that card is huge

Once the price calms down, I think we'll be seeing more of these decks, I mean with 3 static charge in play, plus 3 lighting rod and maybe 1 flash for ward (or 3), you're looking at damage output of spirit(usually 4-5)  plus 2-5 plus 1-2 for each lighting spell, that's potentially if we use the minimums (12-13) and maximums 22-25 damage)

That's pretty huge

I would keep lighting beak, ardranis is kind of useless

Dernière modification par mpandelidis (22-12-2011 15:33:59)

Mark

Only those who are willing to go too far, can possibly ever know how far one can really go. - T.S Elliot

#4 22-12-2011 16:32:50

L4r90
Habitant de Guem

i'm thinking about it as well... thou i'll never play Static Charge if i don't have to xD
as for Lightning-Beak you're right, i need a 3rd "sturdy" mage for this deck to work, since Ardranis can't chain anything besides Lightning Rod^^

so i'm looking at thesse changes:

- [card]Ardranis[/card]
+ [card]Lightning-Beak[/card]

- 2 [card]Lightning Thrower[/card]
- 1 [card]Lightning Chain[/card]
+ 3 [card]Lightning Blade[/card]

[card]Attracts Lightning[/card], [card]Sky Inhabitant[/card], and [card]Flash for Ward[/card] already make up for 9 "Permanent" Lightning Spells which is plenty since i got 2 of the Attracts Lightnings already and cycle throu the deck in around 4-5 rounds. the worst match up i can imagine, but luckily havent had until now would be discard xD

[card]Cheksathet's Vision[/card] and [card]Mastery[/card] would make my day with this deck and unleash a real Thunder Storm

I'm back to Pack

#5 22-12-2011 16:36:50

jackal19
Gardien
Lieu : SDM

dont forget thunder king and master mystic slayer thunder mode owns this deck haha

Dernière modification par jackal19 (22-12-2011 16:37:29)

New englishchat: http://xat.com/EnglisheredanNeo---Online

"Tea is best enjoyed with your fellow monsters"
-Frederica Bernkastel

#6 23-12-2011 13:42:13

genesyx
Habitant de Guem

jackal19 a écrit :

dont forget thunder king and master mystic slayer thunder mode owns this deck haha

True,but no decks are perfect no? big_smile
also personally i don't really see much thunder king decks, and thunder mode Mystic slayer seems more rare than any of the legendaries tongue

#7 23-12-2011 13:51:40

jackal19
Gardien
Lieu : SDM

genesyx a écrit :
jackal19 a écrit :

True,but no decks are perfect no? big_smile
also personally i don't really see much thunder king decks, and thunder mode Mystic slayer seems more rare than any of the legendaries tongue

true just hope a witchblade deck doesnt pack crackling crown though haha

New englishchat: http://xat.com/EnglisheredanNeo---Online

"Tea is best enjoyed with your fellow monsters"
-Frederica Bernkastel

#8 23-12-2011 14:37:02

Nurvus
Gardien

Only Lightning-Beak makes it fun for me in Lightning Pirates deck.

He has 3 base defense, that makes him pretty tough.

Ardranis gives you 1 defense but is weak herself, and costs you alot of offense.

Lightning-Beak on the other hand, is a machine-gun and exceeds Mylad in Spirit when casting Lightning spells.

Dernière modification par Nurvus (23-12-2011 14:38:24)

#9 23-12-2011 15:55:11

Santuros
Nehantiste
Lieu : Colombia!!!

Nurvus a écrit :

Only Lightning-Beak makes it fun for me in Lightning Pirates deck.

He has 3 base defense, that makes him pretty tough.

Ardranis gives you 1 defense but is weak herself, and costs you alot of offense.

Lightning-Beak on the other hand, is a machine-gun and exceeds Mylad in Spirit when casting Lightning spells.

Agreed! the bird is much better plus the fact that Ardranis may be the worst mage in this game...

I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. (Hafez)

#10 23-12-2011 16:26:24

mpandelidis
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : Ottawa, Ontario Canada

L4r90 a écrit :

i'm thinking about it as well... thou i'll never play Static Charge if i don't have to xD
as for Lightning-Beak you're right, i need a 3rd "sturdy" mage for this deck to work, since Ardranis can't chain anything besides Lightning Rod^^

so i'm looking at thesse changes:

- [card]Ardranis[/card]
+ [card]Lightning-Beak[/card]

- 2 [card]Lightning Thrower[/card]
- 1 [card]Lightning Chain[/card]
+ 3 [card]Lightning Blade[/card]

[card]Attracts Lightning[/card], [card]Sky Inhabitant[/card], and [card]Flash for Ward[/card] already make up for 9 "Permanent" Lightning Spells which is plenty since i got 2 of the Attracts Lightnings already and cycle throu the deck in around 4-5 rounds. the worst match up i can imagine, but luckily havent had until now would be discard xD

[card]Cheksathet's Vision[/card] and [card]Mastery[/card] would make my day with this deck and unleash a real Thunder Storm

I would -1 sky inhabitant and +1 static charge, just to give lighting beak his ability a little more effectiveness

Mark

Only those who are willing to go too far, can possibly ever know how far one can really go. - T.S Elliot

#11 23-12-2011 19:06:32

elmariachi17
Campeur

hmm, an alternate version of pirate mage decks that ive played uses artrezil's ring.
basically put a ring on mylad so that her spirit is +3, thus also boosting lighting beaks spirit. I find that if both mylad and beak are super resistant to other mage decks using this technique

#12 23-12-2011 20:05:58

L4r90
Habitant de Guem

alright... had a couple of games today against immortals... and they are a pain in the ass -.-
well not realy the type of deck but urakias ability anoyes the crap out of this deck since it mostly does chip damage and heals her up for whatever you damage. not saying that i lost, but it had a lot of thinking involved, like when to play what card... and then again attracs lightning could mess it up again.

hmm, an alternate version of pirate mage decks that ive played uses artrezil's ring.
basically put a ring on mylad so that her spirit is +3, thus also boosting lighting beaks spirit. I find that if both mylad and beak are super resistant to other mage decks using this technique

@elmariachi17 you do realyze that the ring provides only 1 spirit right? so even if i'd go that way, i'd prefferly play a lightning thrower anyday for the added +2 def on your team xD

also after i obtain my play set of [card]Attracts Lightning[/card], i 'll switch [card]Flash for Ward[/card] to [card]Lightning Thrower[/card]s to get the most nukeing potential out of the deck (literaly), since decking a Flash is, in most situations, just stupid. and i need some kind of defense since the deck has a real hard time against heavy hitters^^

I would -1 sky inhabitant and +1 static charge, just to give lighting beak his ability a little more effectiveness

@mpandelidis true that... i kept it in mind and adjusted a few cards. and struck by lightning was the 1st card to fall over since it does next to no damage at all when played by character without a Rod (3-5 fix).

then again it's a long way to go since i'm still missing the Lightning Blades D:

quick summary of the deck so far

Lightning-Beak
Mylad
The Ugly Corc

3 [card]Attracts Lightning[/card]
3 [card]Lightning Blade[/card]
2 [card]Lightning Chain[/card]
3 [card]Sky Inhabitant[/card]
2 [card]Static Charge[/card]
2 [card]Struck by Lightning[/card]
3 [card]Lightning Rod[/card]
2 [card]Lightning Thrower[/card]

edit: on a sidenote i'd like Feerik to realease a Beast Mage in addition to Lightning Beak that's a horse^^ would be a nice relation to Dethklok's Thunderhorse

Dernière modification par L4r90 (23-12-2011 20:22:14)

I'm back to Pack

#13 23-12-2011 20:24:20

elmariachi17
Campeur

dude, try it out before u criticize my opinion...

ive tried it out, and the ring gives +3 spirit if all three mages are alive. read the description, it says +1 by each living mages. Im just trying to be supportive of a fellow pirate-lover, and the way u are undermining my opinion is kinda rude...

#14 23-12-2011 23:34:51

L4r90
Habitant de Guem

sry seems i missread the card... [card]Artrezil's Ring[/card] says +1 spirit by a living mage amongst your characters. so i thought it's just +1 but apperantly it's just missleading written. so  sry again^^

I'm back to Pack

#15 23-12-2011 23:45:32

Santuros
Nehantiste
Lieu : Colombia!!!

L4r90 a écrit :

sry seems i missread the card... [card]Artrezil's Ring[/card] says +1 spirit by a living mage amongst your characters. so i thought it's just +1 but apperantly it's just missleading written. so  sry again^^

So that makes mylad and Beak powerful enought

I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. (Hafez)

Pied de page des forums