Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 11-06-2011 22:34:11

Beckett
Voyageur

Dances with Volk has to be unique.....

....3 times is way to much. 'nuff said!

#2 12-06-2011 02:56:22

Haku-Men
Voyageur

Re : Dances with Volk has to be unique.....

having 3 is excessive

#3 12-06-2011 15:15:50

Nurvus
Gardien

That makes as much sense as wanting items to last 3 turns.

Is Sacred Nova unique? It can deal 0 damage, or 10, or 6.
Is Scroll of Frailty unique? It makes both characters' Min Attack = 2. Maybe you get unlucky and do 2 damage and the other guy does max damage.

Is The Flawseeker's Harmony unique? With an easily reached 5 Spirit, Ayako or Akutsaï Lv3 can heal 6 HP and gain +6 defense - without losing any Attack.

Dances with Volk makes your Min Attack = 0.
Any card that lowers attack will reduce the healing from Dances with Volk.

Once I was playing a Crow deck for the fun of it, I played [card]Scroll of Frailty[/card] -> [card]Lucky Charm[/card].
Fenrath played [card]Dances with Volk[/card] after my Scroll, he healed 2 HP and then got destroyed.

Played against a properly build Vital Syphon deck yet?
Maybe Vital Syphon is worth the status of Unique or Limited (2).

Dernière modification par Nurvus (12-06-2011 15:21:37)

#4 12-06-2011 17:12:58

kleos D
Voyageur

Nurvus a écrit :

That makes as much sense as wanting items to last 3 turns.

Is Sacred Nova unique? It can deal 0 damage, or 10, or 6.
Is Scroll of Frailty unique? It makes both characters' Min Attack = 2. Maybe you get unlucky and do 2 damage and the other guy does max damage.

Is The Flawseeker's Harmony unique? With an easily reached 5 Spirit, Ayako or Akutsaï Lv3 can heal 6 HP and gain +6 defense - without losing any Attack.

Dances with Volk makes your Min Attack = 0.
Any card that lowers attack will reduce the healing from Dances with Volk.

Once I was playing a Crow deck for the fun of it, I played [card]Scroll of Frailty[/card] -> [card]Lucky Charm[/card].
Fenrath played [card]Dances with Volk[/card] after my Scroll, he healed 2 HP and then got destroyed.

Played against a properly build Vital Syphon deck yet?
Maybe Vital Syphon is worth the status of Unique or Limited (2).

point taken, it's vital syphon that should be unique

#5 12-06-2011 19:24:54

Santuros
Nehantiste
Lieu : Colombia!!!

hmmm Dances with volk can be a double edge sword... he may heal but he can do 0 damage and then be harmed to the point where it was before... so it is not such a wonderful card, as people said before, its vital Syphon the card that must be unique...

I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. (Hafez)

#6 12-06-2011 22:34:33

Beckett
Voyageur

The randomness of melee damage is one of the biggest flaws the game has. That's what makes the DwV absolutely over the top.

The turn it shows up on the board is at least turn number 4. At that point of the game, in a "standard" pack-deck you have the automatic Lumination caused by Wilde's order out, usually at least one Axe, and your Chars are somewhere between 75 and 25 % health, depending on the kind of deck you play, your starting hand, etc...

That means the opposing character ends up with full HP and attack value somewhat like 0/15. Now the almighty dice comes into play, and every kind of strategy (what made the "offline TCG bestsellers" like Magic or Yu-Gi-Oh successive over years), is in vain, because it's mere randomness that decides if you win or loose the game.

#7 13-06-2011 00:00:43

Nurvus
Gardien

Your head will explode if you meet...
7uyeBKyl.png
...and then, in the same turn:
- he uses 2x [card]Sacred Nova[/card]
- none of them fail (check his ability)
- does max damage with both Sacred Novas.
- does max damage with the attack.
- all damage you do to him is ignored that turn (check his ability).

Hmm, delicious.
---

Random damage is a delicate subject - you'd need to define how much is too much variation.

I personally think the difference between Max Attack and min Attack should be limited - more specifically, it should not be allowed to exceed your base Max Attack.

So in the case of Fenrath Upgrade 3, he has 4/11 Base Attack.
If at some point he has 17/17 Attack and uses Dances with Volk, he'd have 0/17, but then the game would lower him to 0/11, because the last attack modifier was negative, and the max difference between Min and Max Attack exceeded 11.

Likewise, if Dhan used [card]In Your Face[/card], his attack would go from 0/10 to 0/13, but then the game would increase it to 3/13 because the last Attack modifier was positive and the difference between Min and Max Attack exceeded 10.

---
Back to Reality - Dances with Volk counters:
- Kill Fenrath
- [card]Obesity[/card] when you want to finish Fenrath
- [card]The Prestige[/card] and no more dancing.
- [card]Scroll of Frailty[/card] before he uses it ensures he only gets 2 health
- [card]Self-Confidence[/card] after he uses it ensures he does 0 damage
- Reduce their attack in any way possible - Manipulation, Black Chimera, etc.

Dernière modification par Nurvus (16-06-2011 23:36:08)

#8 20-06-2011 06:39:49

goscar
Guémélite

I think [card]Divine Light[/card] should be unique...

Dragon Knights ftw big_smile

#9 04-07-2011 14:15:02

Riversilk
Habitant de Guem

goscar a écrit :

I think [card]Divine Light[/card] should be unique...

Agree... tongue

#10 04-07-2011 19:48:25

Santuros
Nehantiste
Lieu : Colombia!!!

Oh God please... everyone have a hard time against some cards, just that isnt going to remove them from the game or make them unique...

I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. (Hafez)

#11 04-07-2011 22:24:47

Nurvus
Gardien

The card that gives my deck the hardest time should be Unique unless it belongs to my deck, in wich case only the opponent's version of the card should be Unique.

#12 05-07-2011 09:49:38

goscar
Guémélite

Or I could be thinking since Lightning Bolts v3 even v2 is unique why shouldn't the heal version be too?

Dragon Knights ftw big_smile

#13 05-07-2011 10:57:37

magius
Solarian

goscar a écrit :

Or I could be thinking since Lightning Bolts v3 even v2 is unique why shouldn't the heal version be too?

We should have a standard post about this stuff. What will kill you? Lightning bolt lvl 3 or Divine Light? Divine Light serves as a stall mechanism while Lightning Bolt is able to wipe out the board with the right combo.

Ps I don't think LB lvl2 is unique.

Dernière modification par magius (05-07-2011 10:58:30)

Magius [FH] FullHouse Clan

#14 05-07-2011 11:22:40

lapluie
Ptit nouveau

[card]le dernier mot[/card] should be unique!

#15 05-07-2011 13:46:47

Rathedan
Nehantiste
Lieu : St. George, NB, Canada

I got a solution....

All cards should be unique!!!!

C'mon guys, seriously? tongue

Volk isn't a game breaker. It's the only recovery pack has, else they get beat down fast. It was one of the biggest issues they had, and making volk unique makes it a hard draw. Divine light is the same. Trying to dig out one heal when its needed to save your ass isn't balanced.

Lb2 isn't unique because it doesn't have the potential to spam damage on all three characters. Lb3 does, and does a lot when it does, so it makes sense.

Imagine drawing 3 LB3s on the first 3 turns and see how long you survive. Now imagine the same with the other cards and your survivability. There's a stark contrast.

Just because a mainly common/uncommon deck loses to a decked out, 500k crystal top elo deck doesn't mean there isn't balance in the game. It just means there's tiers of balance. And luck. And both exist in any TCG I've ever played...without them, whats the point?

If there were no luck in TCG, how boring would that be?
-Lonak

#16 05-07-2011 14:50:24

Poptolev
Guémélite

Despite the fact that 80% of my recent loses are 'cuz of Dances with Volk ...

Come ooooon ... there are a lot more things that needs fixing (balance-wise) before they have to limit Volk ...

(I'm not THAT familiar with the meta, so the next thing MIGHT NOT be true).
For example 3 of the top 5 meta decks are - Noz MAGES, Kotoba MAGES (Tsoutai) and arguably Sap MAGES* .. if you get what I mean ...

*I was literally able to pummel to death Zil Marauders with almost the best possible cards they could have and I lack RoD or any of the flashy mage cards.
I am relying on  Arachnophobia,  Living Nature on Mage Keizan, Magic Poison and an occasional Than the Sword on a 5 spirited Mylad.

Dernière modification par Poptolev (05-07-2011 14:55:31)

"Of course they don't want that (adding more crystals to the game) to happen, because then the outrageous card prices would drop"

So MUCH stupidity in one sentence xD

#17 05-07-2011 16:47:20

Rathedan
Nehantiste
Lieu : St. George, NB, Canada

I personally vote quickdraw gets nerfed to unique first. wink

If there were no luck in TCG, how boring would that be?
-Lonak

#18 05-07-2011 16:50:43

jackal19
Gardien
Lieu : SDM

me ANS should be unique

Dernière modification par jackal19 (05-07-2011 16:53:55)

New englishchat: http://xat.com/EnglisheredanNeo---Online

"Tea is best enjoyed with your fellow monsters"
-Frederica Bernkastel

#19 05-07-2011 17:28:43

Glasher
Guémélite

Nurvus a écrit :

The card that gives my deck the hardest time should be Unique unless it belongs to my deck, in wich case only the opponent's version of the card should be Unique.

+1

Concentrate not on destroying your foe, but on obtaining your own victory. - Gouken

Pied de page des forums