Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 15-04-2011 18:40:25

Warhound90
Habitant de Guem

The Forbidden Book

I played against a Nehantist guild deck today, with a standard pirate Flames deck. I played flames of the phoenix lvl 2, killing everyone on his side of the field, but he played forbidden book and killed me with the creation the next turn. The end screen said that all of my characters were dead which poses two questions; why was he able to play the book on a character that was in the negative health, when forbidden book specifies a living character has to use it, and why didn't it count his characters as being dead too, as Inferno dies at the end of the round?

#2 15-04-2011 21:15:31

Hondaime
Habitant de Guem

Re : The Forbidden Book

well you used flames and the character had neg life but it only dies at the end of the turn i think that's why he was capable of doing that

#3 16-04-2011 03:10:31

Lyquid
Habitant de Guem

I agree with Hondaine. Having health below zero are just stats. A character is considered dead when the tomb stone comes up. So it gives Nehantists a chance to play Forbidden Book on dying character or do some last turn healing because of the chain rules.

I also have a Nehantist deck and there was a game I played against a Noz Mage. The opponent played BURN IN HELL and brought down the life of my 2 tapped Nehants to -2 health. But by character in battle played COACHING and gave my 2 tapped characters health, bringing them back to life with 1 health each.

Technically, they would have died the moment Burn in Hell hit the board. But there is the chain that we have to consider. Burn in Hell deals damage, then comes after the chain, Coaching yields its effects.

Same thing applies for THE FORBIDDEN BOOK. It was played on the chain. Flames of the Phoenix hits the board, then the book's effect takes effect.

I hope this is right smile
(No offense to others if this is wrong )

#4 16-04-2011 03:43:01

steven_allen
Solarian

I think you mean Unleash Hell, but yes.  I think what you're talking about is what would be called the stack in MTG.  The Forbidden book's effect comes first on the stack, then the death trigger.  Totally legit play.  Im sure the card was created with this situation in mind.

Disruptor!

#5 16-04-2011 16:08:32

Lyquid
Habitant de Guem

@steven_allen: Yep. Unleash Hell it is. My bad ^^

#6 18-04-2011 21:20:12

Nurvus
Gardien

@Original Poster
Your complaint includes:
#1 - Getting damaged to 0 or below (from a spell, for example) and then then being brought back above 0 by using a card like [card]Healing Balm[/card].
#2 - Getting damaged to 0 or below and then being brought back above 0 by benefitting from an ongoing effect such as [card]The Pirate Code[/card]
#3 - Getting damaged to 0 or below and then being brought back above 0 by activating equipment such as [card]Living Dagger[/card]
#4 - Getting damaged to 0 from a card or effect and then attacking the opposing character.
#5 - Getting damaged to 0 from [card]Crystal Storm[/card] (wich happens at the start of the turn, before you even gain Turn bonuses) and then still playing cards and attacking that turn.

The above situations are all situations where characters that are at 0 health or below still use cards or even attack.
Are you saying the above situations are bugs or unfair?
It's the way the game has been designed.

A character is only dead if at the end of the turn he is at 0 health or below.
Any time before that doesn't count.

Dernière modification par Nurvus (18-04-2011 21:22:28)

#7 19-04-2011 10:22:07

Warhound90
Habitant de Guem

Nurvus a écrit :

@Original Poster
Your complaint includes:
#1 - Getting damaged to 0 or below (from a spell, for example) and then then being brought back above 0 by using a card like [card]Healing Balm[/card].
#2 - Getting damaged to 0 or below and then being brought back above 0 by benefitting from an ongoing effect such as [card]The Pirate Code[/card]
#3 - Getting damaged to 0 or below and then being brought back above 0 by activating equipment such as [card]Living Dagger[/card]
#4 - Getting damaged to 0 from a card or effect and then attacking the opposing character.
#5 - Getting damaged to 0 from [card]Crystal Storm[/card] (wich happens at the start of the turn, before you even gain Turn bonuses) and then still playing cards and attacking that turn.

The above situations are all situations where characters that are at 0 health or below still use cards or even attack.

It's the way the game has been designed.

A character is only dead if at the end of the turn he is at 0 health or below.
Any time before that doesn't count.

Well, I would agree with you there, but there is a slight contextual situation you have to consider before questioning the logic of my complaint, none of the above mentioned actions rely, specifically, on a character being alive. I was merely asking what constituted a character being alive, be it negative health or an actual death animation.

Are you saying the above situations are bugs or unfair?

I completely understand the mechanics of the above mentioned situations, I was just posing a query for the community to consider. If you will reread my original post, I never claimed it as a bug or an unfair mechanic, I was just trying to get a better grasp on a few cards that I myself have never used.

Dernière modification par Warhound90 (19-04-2011 10:26:21)

#8 19-04-2011 10:33:56

bleachman
Gardien

Characters die when they have negative health at the end of the current battle. That is the rule. It is as simple as that. Any cards that can effect a character's hitpoints can tip the balance to a certain person's favor. It is really a simple rule, I do not understand why its so thoroughly discussed.

The first. The best. MSN.
Visit our guild's thread here and join up!
Also check this out: An English chat room!

#9 19-04-2011 11:11:26

Warhound90
Habitant de Guem

My point is, It didn't need to be, I just asked to rather simple set of questions, and it got out of hand, There are literally 6 posts of the same identical idea spelled out in different ways

Dernière modification par Warhound90 (19-04-2011 11:11:44)

Pied de page des forums