Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 07-12-2011 20:10:08

GGuti
Habitant de Guem

Sentence Bug

After killing an Ishaia with sentence, the def buffs still on the other 2 chars.

Got pic if you want.

#2 07-12-2011 20:19:59

MrLordi92
Gardien
Lieu : Rhode Island

Re : Sentence Bug

You should always post the pic.  it is always a help.

"Some say there's no subtly to destruction.  You know what?  They're dead." ~ Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

"One footstep among many is silent.  One footstep alone is deafening."

#3 08-12-2011 02:02:09

GGuti
Habitant de Guem

MrLordi92 a écrit :

crap, I lost it ¬_¬
Anyways, if someone could check it it'd be great.

the bug is quite simple, you kill a char that has global bonuses and they remain after death by sentence

#4 08-12-2011 02:48:42

MrLordi92
Gardien
Lieu : Rhode Island

GGuti a écrit :
MrLordi92 a écrit :

crap, I lost it ¬_¬
Anyways, if someone could check it it'd be great.

the bug is quite simple, you kill a char that has global bonuses and they remain after death by sentence

Try recreating the scenario and screen-capping it.

"Some say there's no subtly to destruction.  You know what?  They're dead." ~ Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

"One footstep among many is silent.  One footstep alone is deafening."

#5 12-12-2011 14:09:45

Dandeman
Campeur

I have no picture of it, but can confirm the bug as I've run into it a couple of times recently. This is probably due to the fact that sentence is bugged in general, it is supposed to (according to text) activate at the end of the turn, not the beginning of the next turn. Probably the Ishaia buffs remain active because Ishaia is still alive until after the discard phase and carries the buffs into the new turn. Another annoying result of this sentence bug is that you can't use it as final finisher, because sentencing an opponent leaves him alive until after the turn and you may be outdecked at the beginning of the next, especially when playing against Psychurgist, Kriss & Eternal, that is very annoying.

#6 12-12-2011 14:12:24

Zurga
Modérateur Eredan

Actually, you can use Judgement as a finisher.
he death of character occurs at the end of turn and victory conditions are checked before the beginning of next turn.

Collectionneur de cartes

#7 12-12-2011 17:08:27

Dandeman
Campeur

Sadly no you can't, because sentence does not activate at the end of the turn. If you sentence a charcter which heals during the turn, he does not loose the double health points until after the discard phase. As a result if u play sentence, and your opponent heals e.g 5 health points during the turn, at the end of the turn he has 2 left, but you can't draw cards, even though sentence would take him to -8 and thus kill him, you loose because "there are not enough cards to continue the fight". Fact is, it does not activate at the end of the turn like other cards (e.g amber dagger) which do their damage after hits have been exchanged, but after the discard phase. If there is no discard phase because you don't have anymore cards to draw, sentence does not activate. Try it out by healing and sentencing your opponent's last character when you deck out (commonly against avalonians) and you will see that you loose the game even though sentence should have killed your opponent.

#8 12-12-2011 17:13:00

Zurga
Modérateur Eredan

Did you try recently ?
You describe what the card does at the beggining, not what the card does actually.

Amber dagger and magic poison trigger at the end of combat, not end of the turn by the way.

I will try this evenning to be sure.

Dernière modification par Zurga (12-12-2011 17:14:52)

Collectionneur de cartes

#9 12-12-2011 19:13:04

Paladino.:RR:.
Gardien

I tried on sunday and it still worked the damage at the begginign of the next turn, so If you were out of cards or in a fight with two last remaing characters aganst someone using Solaris or the avalonian queen, if your character dies, they do not take damage since after the battle the match is over, even if they were going to die if they took the sentence damage..

#10 12-12-2011 19:17:41

Coylise Myro
Voyageur

I can confirm that sentence deals damage after checking victory conditions. I recently lost a game due to deck out before sentence dealt any damage, despite psychurgist healing for 3 with chiaroscuro.

Dernière modification par Coylise Myro (12-12-2011 19:17:57)

#11 12-12-2011 20:38:28

Rolth
Campeur

I just ran across a worse sentence bug. Unfortunately I use a notebook and couldn't get a screen cap. Urakia had 4 health points and it was Prince Metchaf's turn. At the end of his battle he healed everyone for 1 health point and Urakia healed for 1 when Prince was hurt. This brought her up to 6 health points. After Sentence fired she dropped to -6 Health points. She should have only taken 4 damage, not a full 12. I looked in my history and the only thing I can find is Date: 12/12/2011 20:35, Duration: 06:40, Reason Why Game Ended: Death of characters, Opponent: pkpk2217, and it was a Pirate deck. Hope that helps track it down.

#12 12-12-2011 21:12:41

Gardien

any chance you played something like Desert Cimitar, or that he sniped Urakia?

#13 13-12-2011 03:47:15

Rolth
Campeur

Paladino.:RR:. a écrit :

any chance you played something like Desert Cimitar, or that he sniped Urakia?

I think he did use Narwhal, but Urakia did not receive damage until after combat (when Sentence would have fired). I'm wondering if that was just a bug on when the actual damage was dealt?

#14 13-12-2011 11:06:09

Gardien

Did Urakia had a Keg on her? If so it's possible that sentence add the extra damage that the keg heals..

If it's that, than it's really a bug, and I have pointed it in other thread when we were complaining about the confusing way the keg works (dealing 6 damage and healing 3 after)...

#15 13-12-2011 17:48:18

Rolth
Campeur

Nope, no keg. I wish I could reconstruct this issue. Anyway, if anyone has a deck like this and would like to play me to try to recreate the issue feel free to message me or something. Username: Rolth.

#16 13-12-2011 21:23:45

Zurga
Modérateur Eredan

I tried on sunday and it still worked the damage at the begginign of the next turn, so If you were out of cards or in a fight with two last remaing characters aganst someone using Solaris or the avalonian queen, if your character dies, they do not take damage since after the battle the match is over, even if they were going to die if they took the sentence damage..

I have just tried [card]Sentence[/card].
The lost of HP occurs at the end of turn, after the discard phase and after the check of victory condition, which occurs before the end of turn.
If a character has his HP below 0 due to Sentence effect, he dies and victory condition are checked again.

For me there is no bug with this card.

I have not enough details to reproduce the case described with Urakia.
So I can not explain this case or say if there is bug in this case

Collectionneur de cartes

#17 15-12-2011 03:24:45

al_vh1n
Habitant de Guem

Zurga a écrit :

The lost of HP occurs at the end of turn, after the discard phase and after the check of victory condition, which occurs before the end of turn.
If a character has his HP below 0 due to Sentence effect, he dies and victory condition are checked again.

So are you saying end of combat/end of fight, and end of turn are two different scenarios? Man i wished there's really a Glossary or Definition of Terms section here to avoid such confusion.

#18 15-12-2011 08:06:30

DaRkStAr666
Modérateur Eredan
Lieu : Austria
Site Web

al_vh1n a écrit :
Zurga a écrit :

So are you saying end of combat/end of fight, and end of turn are two different scenarios? Man i wished there's really a Glossary or Definition of Terms section here to avoid such confusion.

write it there http://wiki.eredan.com/index.php?title=Glossary

#19 15-12-2011 10:48:32

Zurga
Modérateur Eredan

If I read here : http://wiki.eredan.com/index.php?title= … tiative.29

We can see that the combat and the end of combat is before the end of turn and the next turn.
Yes, it is written and explained.
And Yes, there is a difference between end of combat and end of turn.

Dernière modification par Zurga (15-12-2011 10:49:27)

Collectionneur de cartes

Pied de page des forums