Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#26 01-04-2011 19:42:53

Ryken
stupid donkey
Lieu : A room with a moose.

Re : "OP Decks" How to deal with them and not just complaining about it!

Rathedan a écrit :

Eternal, Yilith, Ateb. Stoneater, Apostle.

3 of those

Lots of Defense stacking, Oath of faith, Sacred Nova, Divine light, A New start to recycle, and mental siphon to force you to drop under 5 cards in your final hand.

Most annoying deck ever.

Ah yes. I thought it was the Eternal Superstar Deck. I've faced that before. Ick.

#27 01-04-2011 20:58:30

misterM
Ptit nouveau

Any kind of deck with combination of mental siphon+ANS+prestige+hungry void

It's just impossible to beat them without the 'right card' which is, mental siphon+ANS+prestige+hungry void themselves. So, it's not exactly the way to counter them.
Anyone know how to deal with this kind of deck?
(I don't have 1million crystal to spend and no ANS either, so I don't think it can be helped...)

I know anathematize will help IF ONLY I have ANS also. It may prevent him to cycle the deck, but not prevent my whole deck running out to empty before him.

Dernière modification par misterM (01-04-2011 21:09:02)

#28 02-04-2011 07:24:13

Jason_C
Voyageur

Cossette a écrit :

I guess really this thread should be changed to how to get above 1600 elo rating using not one of the top 5 decks.

its just came up in my mind, but my reason of making this post is change the mood of player keep on saying OP, OP, OP... hmm for almost 3 day straight, somenone has to have something good that would give reasons on keep playing their deck... or everyone of us will Just make WB, Discard, noz deck etc. and getting the monotonous results. where is the strategies on that? if all players has the same deck all the time...

(Inquest 2004 issue) one reason why MTG lost its popularity cause everyone are aiming for the top ten deck... with 5000+ cards to choose from, but only few cards are being use... or your playing type 2 decks or type 1 deck which limit your deck choices...

Surprised you didn't have yilth port on your list, or merc stall both are 1900 - 2000+ elo  decks whom for the most part beat almost all the decks you have mentioned.

I thought of that too... but not all decks can go up 1900-2000+ elo mosty they go run in level rooms which those 5 are the most popular...

I could add them up if you like but i think few people got good stories to tell that they kick yilith butt and slam her face in the gutter... lol with a $10 deck

You are welcome post your strategies againt them wink we might get some tips againts the top tier decks and lets wait for peoples response...
i thank you for you concern i really appreciate the comments smile

The thing is it is a different animal in level room, as it is a place to level cards. ELO is where top players play, if someone is playing level room with max level either they are doing it because they aren't good in ELO, or they are performing some events or could possibly want an easier win. So who cares about these people. So complaining about something overwhelming in the level room doesn't really matter, no difference from the Training room. Take the most popular deck right now Witches, without it being full upgraded they crumble so easy as they lost the otk, sure still effective and competitive but fairly easy to beat. ROD fully upgrade WB is another story. I beat the fully upgraded verison using one simple concept, Healing.

Without elo testing you really don't know your limits and the journey along the way will make you a better player. You won't no longer be playing those op op op decks as you described instead of making your own deck and evolution based on your positions of strengths. I have taken tracker deck to 1700-1800 deck and a crow to 1850. The best and most insightful games for me were when i lost top elo deck and came back to improve next week.

Now what I think is the biggest problem is most people don't understand you are really only building a 15-16 card deck, and using the 4-5 cards as the ultilty cards to improve your match up against weaker decks. You shouldn't be trying to gear against other decks and forget about your own core strategies. if you go in your case like pirates, flames or lighting one, you aren't worried about court or discard, but witchblades and abomb will give you headaches. So what is the common thing those two decks do, they play alot of items, so bam you play the pirate item removal card, the name eludes me right now. So now ice coffin on a blade, or dagger master on two daggers will now be weaker against you, thus improving your ability and potential to win.

As other mention those legendary cards or overpowered one, well they gain in strengh the longer a match goes. if they drop ans, void, ect... it usually means you have let the game go too long. If they are stalling you out, your problem isn't the card but breaking through their stall or slow down. Blaming and pointing at the cards isn't going to get you anywhere, have to realize where the real issue is, and what you can learn from it.

Dernière modification par Jason_C (02-04-2011 07:41:02)

風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest
火 Conquer like the fire
山 Steady as the mountain

#29 02-04-2011 12:15:12

Cossette
Solarian

can't quote everything you say... tongue so ill just stress my point smile

Dear Jason_C,

one thing is no new strategies are getting formed cause everyone going the same thing over and over again plus majority of the player can't really reach 1800-1900 without spending some good cash and time to play against those bigger fish...

ELO testing always come after you completed or pitting your deck against deck that can be commonly seen on level/training rooms as you said "different animal in level room".... I'm just going against what is common and often can be seen in players...

We can't combine those animals of yours against my cute petting zoo...
figuratively speaking smile maybe a different thread on how to "Hunt Wild Elephants" but i can't host two thread at once... I'll deal with the small fish 100,000+crystals decks and you can do the big fish 1,000,000+crystal decks

we ain't going anywhere pitting our principles so enough explaining... and lets work on strategies alright smile

Dernière modification par Cossette (02-04-2011 12:48:24)

Breathless
Great things comes in small packages... A booster perhaps?
http://xat.com/englisheredan

#30 02-04-2011 12:50:13

Cossette
Solarian

Jason_C wrote:

Now what I think is the biggest problem is most people don't understand you are really only building a 15-16 card deck, and using the 4-5 cards as the ultilty cards to improve your match up against weaker decks. You shouldn't be trying to gear against other decks and forget about your own core strategies.

I stress this point... its a good one big_smile

Dernière modification par Cossette (02-04-2011 12:53:29)

Breathless

#31 03-04-2011 01:06:47

Jason_C
Voyageur

As you are pointing out you don't see the same decks in level rooms as in elo, and even those 5 you mentioned will have very different variations. I present a new strategy and deck type for you then, show you the creative side, and a strategy instead of cards that will be competitive against the top decks, This my current project no chain.

Dandy
Psalm
Keizan

x3 roots
x3 hostile environment
x3 magical poison
x2 scouting the area
x2 bark amour
x2 wood protection

So take this and run with it.

風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest
火 Conquer like the fire
山 Steady as the mountain

#32 03-04-2011 03:56:18

Cossette
Solarian

Jason_C wrote:

As you are pointing out you don't see the same decks in level rooms as in elo, and even those 5 you mentioned will have very different variations.

I see them rarely in level rooms but they are always present in ELO...
"can't afford cards to counter them in ELO so i just stick with the basic first"... not everyone is born rich smile

Jason_C wrote:

Dandy
Psalm
Keizan

x3 roots
x3 hostile environment
x3 magical poison
x2 scouting the area
x2 bark amour
x2 wood protection

tried that deck without [card]psalm[/card], i use [card]Mylad[/card] wink annoyed most beatdown decks... weak on discards and Tsume users...
a slow deck... need [card]a new start[/card] to recycle cards...

wink This deck is very good against quickdraws....

Dernière modification par Cossette (03-04-2011 09:38:56)

Breathless

#33 03-04-2011 04:10:41

Ryken
stupid donkey
Lieu : A room with a moose.

Jason_C a écrit :

As you are pointing out you don't see the same decks in level rooms as in elo, and even those 5 you mentioned will have very different variations. I present a new strategy and deck type for you then, show you the creative side, and a strategy instead of cards that will be competitive against the top decks, This my current project no chain.

Dandy
Psalm
Keizan

x3 roots
x3 hostile environment
x3 magical poison
x2 scouting the area
x2 bark amour
x2 wood protection

So take this and run with it.

I would make room for some [card]Sitar Hero[/card]s. They're worth it. smile

Pied de page des forums