Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#26 19-09-2011 08:50:57

Gent M
Habitant de Guem

Re : Card Stat - Elite

This is a very good idea as long as it only applies to the ELO room.

#27 19-09-2011 10:12:24

HoNoRoW
Nehantiste
Lieu : Draconie ! Nan d'accord ok...

Voted Yes. (French guy tongue)
Lot of cards combo are too powerfull, like [card]Copying[/card]/[card]The Hungry Void[/card]  on [card]The Prestige[/card]
and maybe limit a deck by 3 lengendaries

Dernière modification par HoNoRoW (19-09-2011 10:13:05)

#28 01-10-2011 10:39:17

Sapphon
Staff Feerik

I think some of the devs already thought of something similar. But I'll ask to see if I can provide you some kind of "dev opinion".

#29 10-10-2011 00:44:28

Nessaj
Guémélite

I liked this idea, it would give more space for creativity and different deck combinations, like its not everyone that will have always the same 6 or 7 cards in deck cause they are too good, like AND, Void, Prestige, etc. Even banned cards like Keizan and RoD can come back. It could also make easier to balance out decks, like some caste is in need of new cards just by seeing their elite cards and how they interact with the other cards in deck.

Evil is just a point of view >)

#30 18-10-2011 14:31:14

rutse
Habitant de Guem

Yeah. It would put an end on OP decks, like the ones with 3 Living Natures hitting by 12+ everytime, and still have access to all legendaries.

It would limit the number of OP cards you can have, so you'll have to use weaker ones to support STRATEGY, that is more cool than pure burst power or discard.

Dernière modification par rutse (18-10-2011 14:33:58)

#31 22-11-2011 17:10:43

rutse
Habitant de Guem

Sapphon a écrit :

I think some of the devs already thought of something similar. But I'll ask to see if I can provide you some kind of "dev opinion".

I think they liked it smile

What did they say?

#32 22-11-2011 19:42:43

catcatcat
Habitant de Guem

I have three comments for you idea.  First, it is very well thought out and I applaud you for that.  Second, I don't see this every happening for the main amnezy tournament.  I think it would have a detrimental effect on the number of packs bought because players wouldn't need to have a lot of really good cards if they can only have three elite cards in their decks.  Third, I do think this would be a good idea for a separate tournament from amnezy.  This game is lacking heavily in the tournament variety and this idea could be implemented to help fix that.  It would make a good daily tournament (like the arena at the border) and I think that since the number of really powerful cards would be limited, it would help lure in newer players.

Dernière modification par catcatcat (22-11-2011 19:47:17)

#33 22-11-2011 21:45:31

Nurvus
Gardien

It makes no sense to have even so much as 1 place where you can use overpowered strategies.
Seeing the Leveling Rooms flooded with Living Natures and whatnot is ridiculous.

The rules in the game should be universal - affect all rooms, all tournaments.

Tournament-specific rules should be themes/flavour:
- Lv1 characters only
- Pirate decks only
- Etc

My idea envisions to completely stop banning cards because you could finally use all cards in all decks!

You could make a Living Nature deck, but it might not be able to have 3 Living Natures + Warrior+Mage Keizan.
You could make a Discard deck, but it might not be able to include all the main imba Discard cards.

Essentially you'd see more decks - all cards in the game would once again be allowed everywhere - how can that reduce the amount of boosters bought? If anything it means people would no longer avoid certain guild/act-specific boosters with fear of getting banned cards.

#34 22-11-2011 23:05:11

catcatcat
Habitant de Guem

Nurvus a écrit :

It makes no sense to have even so much as 1 place where you can use overpowered strategies.

You have to look at this from Feerik's point of view.  There has to be some area where players who spend more are more likely to win.  Some people like spending a lot of money to get the new op cards when they come out and that make sense (like with Avatar).  Having another area of the game where other players who don't spend a ton of money, such as your suggested elite card system, also makes sense.  I really think your idea would work well as a specific tournament.  This game is severely lacking in daily tournament variety and I would love to see this idea of your adapted into a new daily tournament.

#35 23-11-2011 00:39:32

Nurvus
Gardien

Sorry, but you're the one who begins to seem to not understand...

The great carts are still great.
But with Elite stat, instead of great cards getting banned, they are still useable.

Right now you are more punished for having great cards, than you would with the Elite stat.

Balance is a goal.
Achieving that goal through banning is wrong, and hurts Feerik in that players feel like there isn't a point in obtaining an awesome card because it's likely to get banned anyway.
There isn't a point in having some awesome combo because it's likely to get banned anyway.

With Elite stat, that doesn't happen anymore - all combos are viable, even if limited somehow.

So with my idea, investing money into Eredan is MORE rewarded. All cards you have or want to are always worth it.

Plus, decks have dozen more variants because it's not going to be everyone wanting the same 10 "imba cards" in every deck.

Dernière modification par Nurvus (23-11-2011 00:40:52)

#36 23-11-2011 00:49:15

Stallion1990
Habitant de Guem

Best combo in the game has never been banned ...so im happy

Pilkim, last word, void, Lightning Bolts 3

~Today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday~

#37 23-11-2011 01:01:58

catcatcat
Habitant de Guem

Nurvus a écrit :

Sorry, but you're the one who begins to seem to not understand...

Right now you are more punished for having great cards, than you would with the Elite stat.

Balance is a goal.
Achieving that goal through banning is wrong, and hurts Feerik in that players feel like there isn't a point in obtaining an awesome card because it's likely to get banned anyway.
There isn't a point in having some awesome combo because it's likely to get banned anyway.
=.

That doesn't even make any sense.  Who is being punish for having multiple great cards (void, ans, etc) rather than just three, as you suggest, in their decks?  Everyone at the top of the ELO amnezy has these cards so it's a level playing field as far as I'm concerned.  If you want to get to the top of amnezy, you need to have the best cards and this is going to cost you money.  Simple as that.  Feerik is going to promote this because it makes them the most money and I support this decision. People willing to shell out a lot of money deserve to have a greater chance at winning than those people that don't.  I have only done free surveys and have been grinding cards to make a profit on the market so I'm not biased in favor of those who spend money, I am simply an objective observer. 

As to your comment about people actively not wanting a new, great card because it is likely to be banned is silly.  The ban list for amnezy changes just about every week with the exception being warrior Keizan.  If a card is banned this week, more than likely it won't be next week or the week after.

The best thing Feerik can do to help people that don't spend a lot of money or just do a few surveys here and there is to create tournament variety.  Having a tournament based on your idea would level the playing field for all players.  It could be a daily tournament or a new weekly one that occurs at the same time as amnezy.

Dernière modification par catcatcat (23-11-2011 01:05:29)

#38 23-11-2011 02:26:24

Nurvus
Gardien

First and foremost, the Elite stat is to limit combos - not single cards.

Example:
If The Prestige + Mental Syphon + Treacherous are all Elite, it simply means you can have one of these possibilities in your deck:
- The Prestige + Mental Syphon + Treacherous x1
- The Prestige + Treacherous x2
- Mental Syphon + Treacherous x2
- Treacherous x3

If Warrior Keizan and Living Nature are Elite, it simply means you can have one of these possibilities in your deck:
- Living Nature x3
- Keizan + Living Nature x2

---
About what you said...
---
How many decks are unviable because key cards are banned?
Do you approve that players spend loads of crystals or feez to obtain a powerful card, and the next week it's banned from ELO?

Plus, how lame is it that everyone goes for the same cards in competitive decks?
If Feerik creates more Legendaries, will everyone eventually want like 10 Legendaries in their decks?

If there are like 5 mandatory cards everyone must have in ELO, you're actually only picking 15 cards in your deck - the other 5 are picked for you.
That's just sad...

You're too focused on the currently viable decks.
Those decks are the only viable decks because the game is unbalanced right now.
How can you even be using the current state of ELO as a positive base for comparison?
The way it is is precicely the reason why it must change.

Dernière modification par Nurvus (23-11-2011 02:37:06)

#39 16-12-2011 15:22:33

Col.Beowulf
Guémélite

I like this idea. It helps non-paying players keep up with the cash cows. Balance. I like it.

#40 16-12-2011 15:42:13

Poptolev
Guémélite

Hmm just a suggestion about the suggestion. While the whole idea of 3 max elites sounds good, I'd add some value to each elite. For example - a deck can't have more than an elite score of 20.

For example: (the values are just an example, they dont represent my view of them cards)
Prestige -10 points
Mental Syphon - 5 points
Panic - 6 points
Treacherous - 4 points
Theft - 4 points

This opens for a bit more creativity.
You can have 2 panic and 2 theft/Treacherous
You can have a panic, theft and prestige.
You can have 2 mental syphons and a prestige.
etc. etc.

I think something like this would be a bit more fair to the weaker than the most broken yet really strong cards.

"Of course they don't want that (adding more crystals to the game) to happen, because then the outrageous card prices would drop"

So MUCH stupidity in one sentence xD

#41 16-12-2011 17:24:00

Nurvus
Gardien

Check my Rank idea then, Poptolev, it's exactly that, but for the whole deck - a deck budget.

#42 24-12-2011 16:57:56

Nurvus
Gardien

Any more constructive feedback on this?
Please take your time to think on the idea and its ramifications and Merry Christmas.

#43 03-11-2012 22:37:16

Nurvus
Gardien

So Feerik responded in mid august thread that they would think about this kind of thing.
Did it get anywhere?

Pied de page des forums