Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 02-01-2013 11:19:27

magius
Solarian

Porting Eredan iTCG to HTML5

I think this is the most logical thing to do looking at the trends currently to make Eredan future proof.

Magius [FH] FullHouse Clan

#2 05-01-2013 19:07:31

gaurdianaq
Habitant de Guem

Re : Porting Eredan iTCG to HTML5

while it's a nice idea in theory that would take huge amounts of work, they'de have to reprogram the game from scratch and probably take the game offline so they can test it and make sure it works with the servers and such.

They also then wouldn't have time to work on new cards/balance fixes and such.

It's not worth the effort for the payout.

#3 06-01-2013 04:59:06

Dhaonrisemlan
Habitant de Guem

gaurdianaq a écrit :

while it's a nice idea in theory that would take huge amounts of work, they'de have to reprogram the game from scratch and probably take the game offline so they can test it and make sure it works with the servers and such.

They also then wouldn't have time to work on new cards/balance fixes and such.

It's not worth the effort for the payout.

Maybe it is. Perhaps using HTML5 would make certain bugs easier to fix.

#4 06-01-2013 05:50:43

gaurdianaq
Habitant de Guem

I've used flash and while I thought it was a pain, that was only because I'm used to more traditional ways of coding.

If they tryed to port it to html5 that could takes months if not over a year to do, not only is it working with a system they are less familiar with, but they would literally have to start from scratch.

It won't happen.

#5 06-01-2013 09:14:18

Dhaonrisemlan
Habitant de Guem

gaurdianaq a écrit :

I've used flash and while I thought it was a pain, that was only because I'm used to more traditional ways of coding.

If they tryed to port it to html5 that could takes months if not over a year to do, not only is it working with a system they are less familiar with, but they would literally have to start from scratch.

It won't happen.

True true. Unless they have already started with it as a side project and thats why there are less cards released each week, they are focusing on that. Likely not, but you never know.

#6 07-01-2013 14:11:10

chsxf
Grand Sorcelame
Site Web

Hello guys,

Thank you for your interest in the future of Eredan iTCG.

Indeed, we have considered the possibility of a port of Eredan iTCG to HTML5.
However, this set of technologies is still very young and is not as cross-browser as mentioned by many people over the internet.

First of all, bringing an existing Flash game to HTML5 would be a huge problem for our customers who are running old browsers, unless we maintain two concurrent versions over two very different technologies. This would be really difficult for us.

Furthermore, in order to build Eredan iTCG correctly in HTML5, we need fast rendering technologies like WebGL. However, WebGL is not natively supported by Internet Explorer and won't in a near future. This is a blocking issue for us as we cannot get rid of many of our players.

As a conclusion, I would say that Flash will remain active and maintained by Adobe for a long time, on desktop OS and browsers through the AIR runtime or Flash Player, and thanks to AIR we can now build native mobile apps using ActionScript and Flash technologies. So we have no reason to quit Flash at this time.

Project Lead / Developer - Eredan iTCG

C'est au pied du mur que l'on voit le mieux le mur.

#7 07-01-2013 14:19:36

BladeOfTheWitch
Campeur

[EDIT ADMIN : Off topic]

#8 08-01-2013 02:04:32

Teremune
Habitant de Guem

chsxf a écrit :

...thanks to AIR we can now build native mobile apps using ActionScript and Flash technologies. So we have no reason to quit Flash at this time.

So are you saying Feerik is in the process of building native mobile apps using Air?  And if so is there a timeline on when such apps will be available? and on what Mobile platforms?  I understand if it's too early to say, assuming you have only just begun such endeavors. 
        Keep us informed of such things, because playing this game on my Galaxy S3 can sometimes be a pain lol especially if someone tries to message me via friend chat >.<

thanks for the reply also.

#9 08-01-2013 08:42:16

chsxf
Grand Sorcelame
Site Web

At this time, there is no timeline concerning new mobile apps from Feerik, but we are seriously evaluating the benefits we could take out of those platforms (we target primilarly iOS but Android is not forgotten).

You can already take a look at our first published apps with this link :
https://itunes.apple.com/artist/feerik/id538364353

Project Lead / Developer - Eredan iTCG

C'est au pied du mur que l'on voit le mieux le mur.

#10 08-01-2013 09:10:18

magius
Solarian

It is cool to have someone from developer actually looking at these posts and reply to them smile It makes it worthwhile for the players to continue to buy boosters knowing that there are future in this game.

Magius [FH] FullHouse Clan

Pied de page des forums