Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 11-11-2012 15:28:10

ilfana
Modérateur Eredan

Guild : The Mercenary

db0b06c586298efe1c579a8e7ab5febc.png

Through the "Guild Leader" project, we can give our opinion about the general situation, but also more in details, about each guild.
That's why I ask you here to give yours about the mercenary. Answer the following questions.

I/ The Mercenary
b44836f44896db3c611130599f9b2cc92e7b737b_42.png
1-1 / Which mercenary's deck would you like to see put forward ? Why?
1-2 / Which mercenary support characters do you use ? In which deck ?

II / Avalonian
1-3-relique_avalonie.PNG
2-1 / What do you like in the Avalonians? What don't you like?
2-2 / Do you find Avalonian decks efficient ? In which compartments of the game and why ?
2-3 / What are the strengths and weaknesses of Avalonian decks ?
2-4 / What would you like to see in Avalonian next release ?

III / tempus
1-2-sablier_noir.png
3-1 / What do you like in the Tempus ? What don't you like?
3-2 / Do you find Tempus decks efficient ? In which compartments of the game and why ?
3-3 / What are the strengths and weaknesses of Tempus decks ?
3-4 / What would you like to see in Tempus next release ?

IV / Icy elves
5686d97f644a4950f3f673021ba1d25e2882c0ed_147.png
4-1 / What do you like in the Icy elves ? What don't you like?
4-2 / Do you find Icy elves decks efficient ? In which compartments of the game and why ?
4-3 / What are the strengths and weaknesses of Icy elves decks ?
4-4 / What would you like to see in Icy elves next release ?

V / Other Mercenary decks
86ffadec9d342166d8a3731d0a1c1f4dba94850b_61.png
2-1 / What do you like in the Other decks ? What don't you like?
2-2 / Do you find Other decks efficient ? In which compartments of the game and why ?
2-3 / What are the strengths and weaknesses of Other decks ?
2-4 / What would you like to see in Other decks next release ?

VI / Anything else?

Mercenaire depuis les débuts de la bêta.
Même pas mal. ^^
GT Niveau 65. Gouverneur. Itcg Niveau 52 La Princesse des Mercenaires
Championne Consortium 2013

#2 11-11-2012 17:15:59

Wolvos
Gardien
Lieu : Argentina

Re : Guild : The Mercenary

tempus, because its the best mercenary deck and its my favorite
no one, mercenay characters are impossible to play in almost any deck

avalon
i like the missions strategy, i dont like the gameplay, its hard to chain cards with them
2-2 / Do you find Avalonian decks efficient ? In which compartments of the game and why ? i dont know
2-3 / What are the strengths and weaknesses of Avalonian decks ? their weakness: they are weak in the chains, they are slow
strenght: they can survive a lot of fights
better chain cards

tempus
i like the gameplay, i dont like the random effects
3-2 / Do you find Tempus decks efficient ? In which compartments of the game and why ? its a little bit unefficient in the random effects (dilemma, time blast, etc)
strenght: they have good defensive cards, they can 1hko characters
weakness: they are superweak against counters
cards with round increase inmune to counters (or with a counter effect) and with damage reduction effects
make a time tempus spell like this: at the end of the fight heal X hp where X its equal to the half of the current round
make the eternal can chain time spells

ice elves
i dont like the stats of ice elves, they have a lot of bad cards
4-2 / Do you find Icy elves decks efficient ? In which compartments of the game and why ? they are a little bit unefficient

i like the special abilities of the boss characters

anything else?
i dont know why the guild mercenary dont have better legendary characters
and why its not considerated as a true guild

make mercenary characters with caste and allow to them play cards without guild restriction just like bramamir desertor

Dernière modification par Wolvos (13-11-2012 22:30:05)

La Furia de Guem member
Noz / Tempus / Discard / Avalon & Crow expert
check my decks http://forum.eredan.com/viewtopic.php?pid=680474

#3 12-11-2012 08:13:19

Surly
Ptit nouveau

I'd like to see some Beasts for Coleone, or to help Olbat and the Phoenix.

I don't think I've ever put a mercenary in a guilded deck. I've put guilded craftsmen in a Foam Giant deck, though.

II / Avalonian
I like their appearance, they all look pretty cool. I also like the defensive play style. I also very much like Quests. I don't like how "all-in" they are on some cards: Triumph and Sanctified Hammer being the two main ones.
2-2 / Do you find Avalonian decks efficient ? In which compartments of the game and why ?
Not particularly, they are very clunky in terms of chains as mentioned above.
The Queen is super strong, and can keep your other Avalonians around long enough to level them. They are very weak to permanent removal, however.
Lots of fun Quests and another person who focuses on them!

III / tempus
I like their different approach to winning the game. I don't like how they basically automatically win after a certain turn number, though.
3-2 / Do you find Tempus decks efficient ? In which compartments of the game and why ?
They are very efficient with basically every card contributing the the goal, i.e., adding to the turn number. They are also very efficient in kill conditions, as you just need to play one card to kill a character, usually.
Basically automatically winning turn 18+ is pretty good. They are obviously weak to the more powerful starting damage decks, like Zil Marauders, Admiral Al, etc.
I can't really think of anything they would really need. I think if you wanted to make more Tempus cards it would be good to take a new approach rather than just more Time Mages and Time Spells that add to the turn counter.

IV / Icy elves
I love the Ice Elves! They look so pretty. They're gameplay is pretty fun combo-play. I don't like how few cards they have, and how there is only one "good" build for them at any time.
4-2 / Do you find Icy elves decks efficient ? In which compartments of the game and why ?
They fell behind in damage around the end of spring, when most decks really ramp'd up the defensive and offensive output, but they are still a good budget deck.
Good at putting out damage, and get to attack all three fields at once (physical, magical, direct). Real weak to any sort of damage resistance.
Another priest, more good priest cards. Make the "magic ice elf" deck more of a thing! I got a Lady Yilith sitting on the bench watching Ursyd, Kokrem, and Ayir play all day jealously.

Not even sure what category this is! Fog Hydra and stuff? I don't really like their playstyles in general. A regular mercenary deck is usually a bad version of another deck. Merc marauders are just bad compared to any guilded marauder deck, for example. Same with priests. Erein and Nalen are very good, though.

VI / Anything else?
I think mercenaries that can be put in multiple decks would be good, like a mercenary with The Pack and World-Tree or something, and can play cards from those Castes without restrictions. Would be very interesting!

#4 12-11-2012 15:37:12

scorvos74
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : U.S.A.

My main decks are Nehantists; so Mercs don't factor in as much.... but I always thought that a '[card]Dragon's Wit[/card]' like card specifically for Mercenary guild would be a nice add. 

or a permanent Add card specific to the non- mercenary guilds:

Chose one of your Mercenary characters, that card takes on your guild and any casts that your character has. Permanent. 

Name ideas:

Pupil of the Dragon

in the name of the Regent

One of the Troop

Convert to Sol'ar

For a share of the loot

Conscripted to the legion

#5 12-11-2012 15:51:31

Wolvos
Gardien

scorvos74 a écrit :

My main decks are Nehantists; so Mercs don't factor in as much.... but I always thought that a '[card]Dragon's Wit[/card]' like card specifically for Mercenary guild would be a nice add. 

or a permanent Add card specific to the non- mercenary guilds:

Chose one of your Mercenary characters, that card takes on your guild and any casts that your character has. Permanent. 

Name ideas:

Pupil of the Dragon

in the name of the Regent

One of the Troop

Convert to Sol'ar

For a share of the loot

Conscripted to the legion

this kind of card its a strategy killer

La Furia de Guem member

#6 12-11-2012 21:37:36

mrmutantlarry
Habitant de Guem

I would like to see a shape shifter merc that become a the guild you are playing him with, but only after his first turn being active.

#7 13-11-2012 22:30:30

Wolvos
Gardien

#2 post edited

La Furia de Guem member

#8 15-11-2012 21:01:42

Trismegistos
Ptit nouveau

I/ The Mercenary

Honestly, I would love to see the non-caste Mercenary decks given some more love, Avalonians, Tempus and Ice Elves have unique gameplay styles and very interesting overall concepts, but the non-caste Mercenaries ([card]Fog Hydra[/card], The Elementals, and [card]Mystic Slayer's Shadow[/card]) doesn't work very well with other mercs nor do they with guilded cards.

I use [card]Fog Hydra[/card], [card]Water Elemental[/card], [card]Earth Elemental[/card], [card]Deirf Geis[/card] and the recent event cards. This is the kicker - aside from [card]White Witch[/card] who works with Noz (Seriously, besides [card]Elhoradana[/card], there is no non-caste, Mercenary mage except for [card]Ciramor[/card], and even he doesn't fit in very well with a lot of decks), all my decks who use these cards are pure Mercenary decks.

II / Avalonian

I love Avalonian's mechanic, its extremely unique and Feerik's creativity is something new to me - to use the leveling system as a battle mechanic is absolutely genius, in terms of gameplay, they are a fairly moderate challenge and a skilled Avalonian deck can sweep the floor.

What I don't like is the lack of personality in the Avalonians, they have cards designed for all kinds of situations if the buildup allows it. They are so reliant on their cards that anyone aside from [card]Aelide, Queen of Avalonia[/card] is rarely seen outside a pure Avalonian deck.

Great Avalonian decks work with strategy, adaptability and speed - in that turn, it makes them very efficient in the right hands, building up, discarding cards and surviving are all very strong points as determined by the player - like the RPG games they are modeled after, Avalonians rely heavily on the good judgement of the player to be strong.

I think the great strength about Avalonians are their adaptability, the quest action cards are designed for different situations (Just Cause being a great discard utility, Trial on the Bridge doing massive damage, etc.), and as said previously, an Avalonian deck's strengths rely mainly on the judgement of the player.

One weakness I do have to point out is as mentioned before - their reliance on cards, as stand alone characters they are rather weak, and if any buildup is denied they would surely lose.

Avalonian's in itself have very strong mechanics and is overall a very reasonable deck type, a legendary wouldn't solve anything, but I believe as the game furthers and becomes more competitive the decks will all have to follow suit

III / Tempus

Another unique deck which uses the turn counter to their advantage, its a double whammy when they deny all characters of their order bonuses, and its overall a very pleasing deck to look at.

I don't like the fact that the deck is rather reliant on its mages and priests, some Sands of Time style warrior Tempus stuff for [card]The Eternal[/card] would be pretty badass.

Using their unique capabilities to literally bend time can help them control the game in a very unique way, in that sense they are efficient. Controlling and basically screwing their opponent's day over.

Their capability to use the turn counter to their advantage is probably their biggest (and only) strength.

That would also factor in as their weakness, should they not be able to bend time to their liking, they would lose indefinitely.

Some more warriors/marauders would be nice, maybe a Tempus weapon, that would be pretty badass too!

IV / Icy elves

The Icy Elves' Berserker trait is really cool, and thats more or less about it - for a unique class they don't really show a lot of special traits, but they are a strong all-round deck.

I find them efficient but only in one gameplay format - this person does that and that person hits and thats about it, the Ice Elves are probably one of my least favorite decks in that sense.

Their berserker class and merc guild makes them insusceptible to certain disables and that's cool, they do crazy damage and their icy spells are scary.

But their weaknesses include having only one, straightforward game route - they have little to no space to adapt due to the lack of cards.

Try to give them some ability to adapt to situations, it makes them more competitive and strategic and overall that would be better.

I can't stress this enough when I say that there are little to NO synergy in a non-caste Merc series. Ciramor and White Witch don't really work together whereas Elhoradana is near impossible to get, Water Elemental really works on a stand alone basis, Deirf Geis needs other Merc warriors to kind of work, wait, where ARE the other Merc Warriors? Oh yeah, old event cards that either aren't as strong now as they would be back then, or just impossible to get. Who the hell works with Earth Elemental anyway? Fog Hydra recently found solace with a couple of other characters (especially Theya) but one doesn't make everything better, its such a waste that such amazing unique if not powerful mechanics are so hard to slot in with other characters!

The characters alone are amazing! These non-caste Mercs are my favorite cards because they offer fun and unique gameplay. Situational buffs that usually don't come out in other characters very often - not so to the point bonuses so that you actually have to think to get the best out of your game. Why not?! It drives me nuts that they have so little synergy with others.

2-2 / Do you find Other decks efficient ? In which compartments of the game and why ?

Their efficiency are limited to the characters they can play with, weren't Mercenaries the adaptive ones? It would be great if they could continue adapting instead of outright being stand alone characters who are intended to support other guilds, which they honestly aren't doing too hot in neither.

2-3 / What are the strengths and weaknesses of Other decks ?

It really depends, a Fog Hydra beatdown deck is scary - but only if the right characters are slotted in with it. Strengths I would say is the adaptability of these cards, Fog Hydra just might be able to squeeze in with say, Earth Elemental, but they hardly work together, they work away from each other in that sense. So that strength is limited and thus becomes a weakness.

The fact that their only strength isn't as great as portrayed becomes a weakness to them.

2-4 / What would you like to see in Other decks next release ?

More non-caste mercs that actually work together, not character-specific, but merc cards and characters that complement each other, these characters don't make good support anymore because guilded characters love their guilded cards, its time, in my honest opinion, that the non-caste Mercs get their own strengths.

VI / Anything else?

I love the Mercenaries, they became my favorite decks to play with and against, it would be such a shame to see good creativity mess up, I really do sincerely hope the Mercenaries get the push they need to grow stronger with the game and not get left behind.

#9 17-11-2012 15:42:43

al_vh1n
Habitant de Guem

Which mercenary's deck would you like to see put forward? Why?
Tempus because it's the only mercenary deck I use.

Which mercenary support characters do you use? In which deck?
None.

I'll only answer about the Tempus deck since I don't know much about the other mercenary decks.

What are the strengths of Tempus decks?

* pretty much unstoppable once they increased the turn counter, that is if the characters managed to stay alive

* good against slow/build-up decks

What are the weaknesses of Tempus decks?

* bad starting hand / bad draws

* relies mostly in Heartrending Dilemma to increase the turn counter

* weak against beatdown/fast decks

* weak against control decks, mostly those who limits you to use only one card (Root, Put-up job)

What would you like to see in Tempus next release?

* AoE time spell

* new Tempus character that increases the turn counter everytime one of your characters used 2 time spell or tempus cards

* a time spell / tempus card that fetches Heartrending Dilemma in the deck

* another tempus build that revolves around The Eternal

Dernière modification par al_vh1n (17-11-2012 15:53:25)

#10 28-11-2012 17:09:56

Sorren
Guémélite
Lieu : L'antro del folle

I/ The Mercenary

I want new cards for Avalonians or Icy elves, there are mercenaries decks that I like.
The best support hero mercenary is [card]Idra della nebbia[/card], a very strong hero that is played in many decks.

II / Avalonian

The Avalonians now have [card]Martello santificato[/card], which is a very strong weapon, but he needs heroes with basic statistics better.
Yes, the Avalonians are very strong now, Stiss has arrived 2nd in elo using them.
They reach high attacks with [card]Trionfo[/card] and care with [card]Martello santificato[/card], suffer [card]Giudizio[/card],  [card]Avatar di sol'ra[/card]  and decks with heroes who reach high defenses.
In the next release I would like to see a new hero that increases attack stats or the level of the other Avalonians early in the game or enchainment cards that increase the level all of our heroes.

Sorry  for my bad englesh ^^

Ecco il link della chat italiana di Eredan iTCG!!! Qui!

#11 03-12-2012 11:44:38

Stefan360
Ptit nouveau

Tempus is my favourite Deck,
they have amazing attack bonus and can do tremendous damage!
Problems with Tempus are to increase the turns quick enough and to get the right cards at start and end.
There are legendary characters for IceElves and for Avalonians, Tempus dont have legendary.
Next Tempus release:
New time spells
Legendary character
Tempus healing cards

Pied de page des forums