Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 06-11-2012 23:48:30

lander2
Voyageur

Why do players time out in ELO

This has happened several time - just now I (level 16) was about to beat a level 20 and so they let it time out.  Is there any benefit to them or loss to me with the action.

Also I dont really understand why in ELO if I beat a lvl 20 I dont get more points then they would get were they to beat me - I thought ELO was supposed to level the play.

Dernière modification par lander2 (06-11-2012 23:48:50)

#2 06-11-2012 23:54:14

scorvos74
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : U.S.A.

Re : Why do players time out in ELO

I am just guessing here but Level is not important for the ELO.....ELO is what matters;  if you have a lvl 16 - at 1500 ELO battling a level 21 at 1500 they are consider equals.... I think you would get more ELO if say if you were at 1310 and beat some one at 2000.

BUT I am just guessing - When ever I Play the ELO, I just try and win and let the score fall where it may

#3 07-11-2012 00:08:57

TheRainMan
Guémélite

The amount of Elo you get depends on the score of you and your oponent nothing else..

Why should level evne matter? i dont get it.
Even a Lvl 15 can be very strong if he paid alot...

#4 07-11-2012 00:27:10

lander2
Voyageur

I guess

Does the permanent ELO not count for anything - is a high perm elo not the real indicator of a strong player?

And what about timing out - is there some advantage to doing that if you are going to loose?

TheRainMan a écrit :

The amount of Elo you get depends on the score of you and your oponent nothing else..

Why should level evne matter? i dont get it.
Even a Lvl 15 can be very strong if he paid alot...

#5 07-11-2012 02:27:08

ioxygen
Campeur
Lieu : Malaysia
Site Web

lander2 a écrit :

I guess

Does the permanent ELO not count for anything - is a high perm elo not the real indicator of a strong player?

And what about timing out - is there some advantage to doing that if you are going to loose?

In a sense perma ELO indicates of how well the player does averagely in Amnezy.

As for timing out in Amnezy, no real advantage. Just your win and he gave up or proly he has more important things to do.

It's just that leaving would take you back to the home screen, then to enter the Amnezy again you'd have to go through a few loading screens. Proly, they're just lazy to do all that and just wait for time to run out.

I'm on deviantart too. Freelancer.
ioxygen.deviantart.com

#6 07-11-2012 14:15:55

Teremune
Habitant de Guem

ioxygen a écrit :
lander2 a écrit :

I guess

As for timing out in Amnezy, no real advantage. Just your win and he gave up or proly he has more important things to do.

It's just that leaving would take you back to the home screen, then to enter the Amnezy again you'd have to go through a few loading screens. Proly, they're just lazy to do all that and just wait for time to run out.

Or he could be like me and being plagued with disconnects lately....I don't like to time out lol, I try to the very end to see if I can turn it around...sometimes I do...
but yeah it don't matter if they time out or quit it's your win either way.

#7 07-11-2012 14:20:33

free_seller
Habitant de Guem

ioxygen a écrit :
lander2 a écrit :

I guess

or that can be a bug,where you can select any charachters,this bug happens a lot with sarah deck
this game is so full of bugs

#8 07-11-2012 17:30:03

lander2
Voyageur

Ah OK - Thank you for the replies

Pied de page des forums