Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 30-05-2012 19:47:18

gaurdianaq
Habitant de Guem

Wild Bud Warriors vs Wild Bud Mages

So I recently started arranging my sap heart deck for wild buds. And I've been having a decent success rate and even won several tournament matches (and several I lost but would have won had I played my cards in a slightly different order (I was fighting a zil discard deck (but I didn't realize they were discard at the time) and I wanted to save wild buds 1 turn so I could put some buffs on and they made me discard it, I totally would have won if I had played it I think)))

Anyways currently I'm using Keizan (W), Eikytan and Hundawa. But I've been doing some thinking.

I've been comparing the idea of Keizan (W), Wreckwood, and Hundawa

vs Keizan (M) Eikytan and Fe'y (the new sapheart mage)

Both seem to have great potential, while the mages can chain spells and such while having a higher spirit, the warriors have greater defense and can auto attack as well as using spells.

Like with the warrior deck you could use allergy freely without any penalty to your characters as they are all nature guelemites and if you use at one with nature you can permantly boost your defense on the same turn as well as chaining spells, not to mention the heal. And combine that with hundawas defense and healing abilities. You could have high physical damage and magic damage. Especially late game with wreckwoods ability. Not to mention if you were to throw bark armor on each of them. And as for chaining spells many of the spells that you would use in a wild buds deck gain chain with other cards in the deck or simply because the character is dais.

On the other hand the pure mage deck (with the new mage) has high spirit plus keizans bonus, the new mage can debuff enemies permanently as well as heal himself every time he uses a nature spell and they get the over all benefit that mages gain chain on spells naturally.

I'm not going into specific deck details in this discussion. I more so wanted to discuss the actual characters as a comparison for the general wild buds deck. Thoughts?

#2 30-05-2012 21:08:24

steeliebob
Habitant de Guem

Re : Wild Bud Warriors vs Wild Bud Mages

Neither of your decks is best.
Go Hailwalker mage, keizan, and Eikytan or fe'y.
Hailwalker is key !

I am not going in to specific deck details because a lot of peoples run them, just look at what they use.

Dernière modification par steeliebob (30-05-2012 21:22:14)

#3 30-05-2012 21:41:16

gaurdianaq
Habitant de Guem

It was more meant to be a concept idea. Especially considering the new mage, and I wouldn't specifically call hailwalker key (at least from what I've seen) he was considered as such as he was the only 3rd world-tree mage available, oh and he has the ability to choose who root attaches to.

I actually faced off against a wild buds deck consisiting of keizan (M) Hailwalker and Eikytan and won with Keizan (W), Eikytan and Hundawa using my current wild buds deck. Just barely but I did...

#4 30-05-2012 22:10:47

steeliebob
Habitant de Guem

hailwalker will lock down 2/3 opponents on turn 1. The reason your deck won against sap bud mages is not because the deck is better.

Your deck has the advantage of higher attack, while it takes away the advantage the mages have over you to get the nature spells out fast.

one deck beating a certain other deck does not make it better or worse.

mages have better defense then warriors in double clay.
mages have higher spirit.
mages can chain spells -> 100% chain unless playing a wild buds and even then there is the banner.

Before wild buds came out warrior keizan was more expensive then mage version. since it came out they pretty switched there prices around. Guess why that is!

Dernière modification par steeliebob (30-05-2012 22:11:21)

#5 30-05-2012 22:11:28

soulst3al3r
Solarian

steeliebob a écrit :

hailwalker will lock down 2/3 opponents on turn 1. The reason your deck won against sap bud mages is not because the deck is better.

Your deck has the advantage of higher attack, while it takes away the advantage the mages have over you to get the nature spells out fast.

one deck beating a certain other deck does not make it better or worse.

mages have better defense then warriors in double clay.
mages have higher spirit.
mages can chain spells -> 100% chain unless playing a wild buds and even then there is the banner.

Before wild buds came out warrior keizan was more expensive then mage version. since it came out they pretty switched there prices around. Guess why that is!

+1

#6 30-05-2012 23:26:43

gaurdianaq
Habitant de Guem

Hmmm you make a good point about hailwalker, oh well till I can get the 60000 I need to buy both of them I'm out of luck lol

#7 31-05-2012 00:02:12

Wolvos
Gardien
Lieu : Argentina

you can still lock 3 opponents with quercus with the 3 mages

La Furia de Guem member
Noz / Tempus / Discard / Avalon & Crow expert
check my decks http://forum.eredan.com/viewtopic.php?pid=680474

#8 01-06-2012 17:24:02

Baliking
Campeur

well i'm using the standart setup Keizan(M) ,Hailwalker(M), and Eikytan and its depend most of the time on luck who's gonna win the mirror match..Most of the time i wan to start the fight but in mirror matches i think its better if you the second...and luck is need to get wild buds at the early turns...i would realy love to try out this new mage guy for hailwalker's place cause i realy like quercus and root too cause its realy annoying for any other deck's ;and if you dont get Germination at turn 1 or 2 you just suck with Hailwalker. (If some1 got the banner or vision is a purely winner with all kind of wild bud deck)

#9 01-06-2012 19:28:06

MrLordi92
Gardien
Lieu : Rhode Island

Baliking a écrit :

well i'm using the standart setup Keizan(M) ,Hailwalker(M), and Eikytan and its depend most of the time on luck who's gonna win the mirror match..Most of the time i wan to start the fight but in mirror matches i think its better if you the second...and luck is need to get wild buds at the early turns...i would realy love to try out this new mage guy for hailwalker's place cause i realy like quercus and root too cause its realy annoying for any other deck's ;and if you dont get Germination at turn 1 or 2 you just suck with Hailwalker. (If some1 got the banner or vision is a purely winner with all kind of wild bud deck)

0_0

Never thought of using Cheksathet's Visions!

Could you imagine ripping double Wild Buds?

"Some say there's no subtly to destruction.  You know what?  They're dead." ~ Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

"One footstep among many is silent.  One footstep alone is deafening."

#10 01-06-2012 19:59:03

steeliebob
Habitant de Guem

I got the banner, but vision seems like a good idea indeed! Pulling 2 wild buds with it will be very lucky, but even 2 random spells will do. smile Just damn expensive D=

Pied de page des forums