Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 10-04-2012 22:06:39

Trout
Voyageur

What deck is cheaper to build from(almost)scratch? Pirate or nomad?

Hello all! smile

Skippable Prelude:

So this is the story, started playing recently (at the time when Heart Sap won and had a sale on its boosters), bought feez and got into Sap which I like quite a bit.

Bought some more Feez after this week release and in the packs got a bunch of the new witchblade cards so decided to give a Witchblade deck a shot. It was good, strongest I could make within my present means and quite versatile too. I also found it boring as hell, Noz really don't click for me for some reason so I put all my sellable Noz cards for sale and already got about 30k crystal for them, should get at least 10k more when everything's gone.

What I have found out after this time playing is that the guilds I like, other than Sap are the Pirates and priests (which pretty much means Nomads or that one Zil priest deck).

Question:

Within those means (30-40k crystals) which deck would be overall easier to build? A Pirate deck or a Nomad deck? I'm aware that with so little money I won't be able to make anything anywhere close to competitive, I just want a solid base from which to build on, in the long run.

Further details:

Pirate cards I own:
[card]Hook[/card], [card]Jon the filibuster[/card],[card] teamwork[/card], [card]hostage-taking[/card], [card]fake[/card] and [card]lightning thrower[/card].

From that I could add [card]Gemineye[/card], buy a couple of [card]stink bomb[/card], [card]disposses[/card], [card]weapon kata[/card] and eventually replace [card]hook[/card] by [card]Azalys the five time widow[/card] or [card]Souchi[/card].

Priest/nomad cards I own:
[card]...the consumer[/card], [card]book of the three truths[/card], [card]concentration[/card], [card]count the points[/card], [card]divine intervention[/card], [card]guardian's benediction[/card], [card]Lady Jane[/card], [card]Lucyan [/card]priest version, [card]Oath of faith[/card], [card]rampart of faith[/card], [card]Sol'ra bumblebee[/card], [card]Spear of light[/card] (foil!), [card]Spiritual attack[/card], [card]team spirit[/card], [card]vital energy[/card] and [card]Orzine[/card].

With those I feel like buying an [card]Iolmarek[/card] and an [card]Ozymandias[/card] and a few scrolls and theurgys to complete it.

It has to be one or the other though. If I start spreading to not one but two guilds other than Sap I'll never have anything half-decent.

Opinions, advice? All will be greatly appreciated. Apologies if I'm always unnecessarily long-winded. big_smile

#2 10-04-2012 22:13:52

skadooosh
Eredanien
Lieu : dans ton c**

Re : What deck is cheaper to build from(almost)scratch? Pirate or nomad?

you know you'll never make an actualy good deck with so few cx...

===============zil dagger FTW!!================

"-oh mon dieu! ils ont tués Kenny!"
"-espèce d'enfoirés!"

#3 10-04-2012 22:32:31

Trout
Voyageur

I know "competition-logic" would dictate I buy a single expensive card to add to the deck I already have. But either way I just started I can't afford to buy Feez very often so it's pretty much a given I won't be winning tournaments in the near future. I just don't want to play the same deck for 6 months, I want to vary and experiment. Besides the more guilds you play the greater the chance you'll get something you can use when you get boosters.

#4 10-04-2012 22:54:53

MrLordi92
Gardien
Lieu : Rhode Island

skadooosh a écrit :

you know you'll never make an actualy good deck with so few cx...

So helpful Skadoosh...

Anyways, it depends on what type of deck you want to make.  If you want to make Nomads, your options for archtypes are Immortal, Eclipse, and Temple Guardians.  The first two are way more expensive than your budget allows, so we can nix them.

Temple Guardians are also not cheap, mostly because you'd Forced March, which are about 15-20K each.  So if you cut those, you might be able to build something around Sakina, Shrikan, and Vizier or Hakim.  Something with Lamention of Sol'Ra and Litany + Supplication.  Some sort of 'buff my guys like crazy' deck.  If you happen to get the money, though, forced March is AMAZING.

As for Pirates...  Powder might be your cheapest option, since anything else requires some expensive (for your budget) spells or Narwhal, which isn't getting any cheaper.  So you might want to look into that type of deck.  Not sure which would be cheaper, though.

"Some say there's no subtly to destruction.  You know what?  They're dead." ~ Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

"One footstep among many is silent.  One footstep alone is deafening."

#5 10-04-2012 23:06:07

skadooosh
Eredanien

what did you want me to say... it's actually impossible to build anything good with so few cristals...

tracker isn't really expensive, maybe you can try that...

"-espèce d'enfoirés!"

#6 10-04-2012 23:28:59

Trout
Voyageur

@MrLordi92

Thanks a lot! I took a look at the cards in light of your advice and it is indeed sound. Thanks again. smile

#7 10-04-2012 23:45:21

MrLordi92
Gardien
Lieu : Rhode Island

skadooosh a écrit :

what did you want me to say... it's actually impossible to build anything good with so few cristals...

tracker isn't really expensive, maybe you can try that...

You could have helped him instead of negating him.  He says he can't get many more crystals, and you tell him 'get more crystals.' 

@ OP

This game is actually money intensive if you want to have any fun and be good.  In terms of F2P games, this is one of the worst, simply because of the gap between paying players and free players.  It's really night and day.  Not to mention selling your cards and making a new deck really hurts your crystal count.  Think of this:  You buy a card for...  lets say 5K, and when you want to sell it, it's down to 4.5K.  If you were to make 4.5K for it, you lose 500 crystals, which can add up if you do this enough.  You won't get 4.5K, though.  You'll want to sell it for less than the current lowest price to attract the sale, and then you lose 10% of the sale.  So you sell it for 4.2K, and you lose 420 Crystals from that sale.  So with some simple math, you paid 5K and you only got back 3.78K crystals.  So you lost a total of 1.22K crystals on one card.  Your only hope to make more is to try and play the marketplace, and that's not something you want to do with limited resources.

"Some say there's no subtly to destruction.  You know what?  They're dead." ~ Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

"One footstep among many is silent.  One footstep alone is deafening."

#8 11-04-2012 00:00:28

Trout
Voyageur

Yeah, I'm starting to really be aware of that. This game really is one of the more expensive around. Only time will tell if I enjoy it enough to put serious money in it or not. For now I'm still low level so I can still somewhat manage smile

#9 11-04-2012 00:05:59

skadooosh
Eredanien

well as far as I can tell there are few ways to make cristals:
the first one is to use the free feez offer (in the banc section)
the second one is by farming the mission before the last one in zahal's quest... (don't know the english name)
it's a mini boss against whomU easily perfect.
this gives you70 cx on each perfect and that can bring you to aboiut 1.5 or 2k cx each days pretty easily...

I hope this helped...

Dernière modification par skadooosh (11-04-2012 00:11:41)

"-espèce d'enfoirés!"

Pied de page des forums