Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#151 22-12-2011 17:44:04

JvL
Voyageur

Re : Adventure Mode (beta)

jackal19 a écrit :
soulst3al3r a écrit :

Imagine my hundawa chaining a strength of the sap of hearts and bark armor...talk about a tank smile Im glad I got it the first time

i think the strengths are insta drops got mine on my first try also

I agree the strenghts are given automatically after you beat the final bosses for the respective guilds.

-------EquilibriuJvL-------

#152 22-12-2011 17:45:28

Kilanjared
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : Colorado, USA

JvL a écrit :

I beat every single adventure chapter. The Ursend one more than 3x each and the boss more than 10 times back to back without losing once. Still no Mystic Slayer's Shadow sad Adventure mode is getting old quick. Also the replay incentive is pretty bad because the rewards seem to keep getting crappier and crappier. I'm definitely winning the $500,000,000 lottery before getting this "random price card"...

Wow, I've beaten every other quest but this one.  It seems super tough!  What deck are you using to beat them??

#153 22-12-2011 18:15:05

Lemant
Campeur

Hi, everyone.  This is my first week so I am fairly new at this game.  although I consider myself a quick learner, I am having some real problems with defeating certain PvE opponents, Kotoba boss (Xzia or whatever he is called) for instance.  It would be good if some of you experienced veterans (who have played variations of Kotoba Trackers deck) can give me some strategies/suggestions/advice on how to defeat the boss with an all-humans Trackers deck.

Here's my current deck composition:

L4Y4wcM0.png BUGtbgeJ.png
LzXO9hu8.png

Tracker's Emblem   Tracker's Mask        Shuriken                Firon
y2ufROS3.png (x3)      82168yHy.png (x3)      YUC3OgAV.png (x2)      bhCjsP4j.png (x2)

Assassination         Disarmament          fallback                 Mano e Mano
KDHfnOEm.png (x1)      fVpMh3FK.png (x1)      pKgRmCQ4.png (x1)      GDI6Llzf.png (x1)     

Obesity                  Pic-nick                 Random                 To Track Down
bbw7eDml.png (x1)      L7ABOUAG.png (x1)      2XMabJQF.png (x1)      f9n6CmbA.png (x1)

Weapon Dance        Zarazam's Eye
iSRlqsg6.png (x1)      QBb8PSzv.png (x1)

That's my deck in a nutshell.  It may not be on par with some of the best Trackers deck out there but keep in mind this is the best I can do for the moment with limited number of cards at my disposal.  Ideally, I would like to add couple more Assassination cards but due to price and availability, that will have to wait.

Due to the +3 Attack bonus of having all-human tracker with Shui Khan, their Min and Max attack values are almost similar, rendering the benefits of The Art of the Iron Fist  almost negligible (aside from +1 to Defense bonus).  For this reason, I decided to do replace them with other chain-capable cards aimed at minimizing opponent's Attack and/or maximizing my own.  Exceptions are fallback and Pic-nick for emergency healings.

While all this sounds great (at least to me), it just doesn't work against Xzia (or was that Xiaz?).  At this point, I am wondering whether it is possible to defeat the Kotoba boss with a deck that relies on physical-based attacks.  Any suggestions?  Just telling me to go get a better deck isn't the kind of advice I am looking for.  Rather, I want to utilize what I already have to maximum potential.

FYI, I started with Kotoba's basic & Trackers deck purchased from the Shop.

And forgive me if I posted this in the wrong section of the forum.  Thanks.

Dernière modification par Lemant (22-12-2011 18:23:04)

#154 22-12-2011 18:51:53

soulst3al3r
Solarian

Lemant a écrit :

Hi, everyone.  This is my first week so I am fairly new at this game.  although I consider myself a quick learner, I am having some real problems with defeating certain PvE opponents, Kotoba boss (Xzia or whatever he is called) for instance.  It would be good if some of you experienced veterans (who have played variations of Kotoba Trackers deck) can give me some strategies/suggestions/advice on how to defeat the boss with an all-humans Trackers deck.

Here's my current deck composition:

http://static.eredan.com/cards/web_big/us/L4Y4wcM0.png http://static.eredan.com/cards/web_big/us/BUGtbgeJ.png
http://static.eredan.com/cards/web_big/us/LzXO9hu8.png

Tracker's Emblem   Tracker's Mask        Shuriken                Firon
http://static.eredan.com/cards/web_smal … ufROS3.png (x3)      http://static.eredan.com/cards/web_smal … 168yHy.png (x3)      http://static.eredan.com/cards/web_smal … C3OgAV.png (x2)      http://static.eredan.com/cards/web_smal … CjsP4j.png (x2)

Assassination         Disarmament          fallback                 Mano e Mano
http://static.eredan.com/cards/web_smal … HfnOEm.png (x1)      http://static.eredan.com/cards/web_smal … pMh3FK.png (x1)      http://static.eredan.com/cards/web_smal … gRmCQ4.png (x1)      http://static.eredan.com/cards/web_smal … I6Llzf.png (x1)     

Obesity                  Pic-nick                 Random                 To Track Down
http://static.eredan.com/cards/web_smal … w7eDml.png (x1)      http://static.eredan.com/cards/web_smal … ABOUAG.png (x1)      http://static.eredan.com/cards/web_smal … MabJQF.png (x1)      http://static.eredan.com/cards/web_smal … n6CmbA.png (x1)

Weapon Dance        Zarazam's Eye
http://static.eredan.com/cards/web_smal … Rlqsg6.png (x1)      http://static.eredan.com/cards/web_smal … b8PSzv.png (x1)

That's my deck in a nutshell.  It may not be on par with some of the best Trackers deck out there but keep in mind this is the best I can do for the moment with limited number of cards at my disposal.  Ideally, I would like to add couple more Assassination cards but due to price and availability, that will have to wait.

Due to the +3 Attack bonus of having all-human tracker with Shui Khan, their Min and Max attack values are almost similar, rendering the benefits of The Art of the Iron Fist  almost negligible (aside from +1 to Defense bonus).  For this reason, I decided to do replace them with other chain-capable cards aimed at minimizing opponent's Attack and/or maximizing my own.  Exceptions are fallback and Pic-nick for emergency healings.

While all this sounds great (at least to me), it just doesn't work against Xzia (or was that Xiaz?).  At this point, I am wondering whether it is possible to defeat the Kotoba boss with a deck that relies on physical-based attacks.  Any suggestions?  Just telling me to go get a better deck isn't the kind of advice I am looking for.  Rather, I want to utilize what I already have to maximum potential.

FYI, I started with Kotoba's basic & Trackers deck purchased from the Shop.

And forgive me if I posted this in the wrong section of the forum.  Thanks.

In my experience, I think that human trackers is too much of a glass cannon to start with. Additionally, it would be hard to beat Xzia using a physical attk deck. Cros and mages do a better job against xzia.

#155 22-12-2011 19:23:42

Lemant
Campeur

Perhaps I should have been more clear.  Is there or are there any card(s) that I can add to my All-Human Trackers deck to make it possible to defeat Xzia?  Last time I checked the, there weren't any pre made Kotoba - Crows nor Tsoutai decks available for purchase.  And collecting such deck individually via Market wouldn't be something that's feasible for the next few days due to limitations in crystals/availability.

I was browsing through the Trophy Cards section in the Shop.  Each of those cards are available for 195 Fee'z each.  I am willing to add couple of cards from there to make my deck more ... viable.  Would something like Dissidence help?

679zZsQR.png

Dernière modification par Lemant (22-12-2011 19:24:45)

#156 22-12-2011 20:28:27

Lemant
Campeur

For what it's worth, here's a list of cards I've won from the boss mission in The Treasure of Zahal campaign:

Collector:

L7ABOUAG.png

Uncommon:

rvWW4xRt.png vZwvA0yC.png 3of68nbQ.png

Common:

aQSUUMIg.png PGhHWwVo.png rGVmdQfo.png C2ghhhar.png nudcsi2B.png dAVwI359.png
q9Ibiba0.png RfvknUw6.png dWffdDGL.png Ow8lCC43.png kLtwtG97.png UEwVJ4oB.png
2XMabJQF.png yM1PQnLk.png OYvWrrJQ.png OBeTG2SI.png yBsKoFKD.png xNajJ1Dt.png

Eredan's Favor:

Ik4lvCyl.png snSNHmE9.png 19eZEdNC.png vNCS7uVY.png

Based on what I've seen, I can't justify purchasing Fee'z on hope of winning a rare card or two from these campaign boss fights.  The probability of winning a rare is just too low, much lower than obtaining one from booster pack(s).

Dernière modification par Lemant (22-12-2011 20:30:26)

#157 22-12-2011 20:48:53

Kilanjared
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : Colorado, USA

Anyone have suggestions for beating the final Zil boss?  I've beaten him once, but can't do it again...looking for easier suggestions!

#158 22-12-2011 20:54:28

MoonFever
Habitant de Guem

I look at this as a nice vehicle to try to beat some different concepts vs. the AI...

The energy points are free...the fact that I can get free cards, no matter the rarity is nice.  Am I going to get awesome cards all the time, no...but you still get crystals on top of potentially getting free cards...I find the fact that you can't sell cards you've won through the campaign amusing, but understandable...

#159 22-12-2011 20:58:08

TPPK
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : Belgium

Maybe it is a bold suggestion but wouldn't a subforum for the adventure be a good idea?
As a way to part quests/adventure decks, rewards, suggestions, stupid AI, bugs, etc...  topics from the usual eredan forums.

#160 22-12-2011 21:42:37

Nightmare
Voyageur

my small advice for kotoba boss ,im no veteran but i managed to beat it with kotoba weapons at will ,is to put more disarment so you can discard his weapons also the latest trophy that discards every guild affiliated card is good dissidecne wont help you against this boss cause you are already kotoba better get time to die

#161 22-12-2011 22:11:04

EwokDan
Habitant de Guem

Zil boss....treacherous

Sap boss....distraction will Sap multi hits

Kotoba....shadow/noz mages

Noz(Nehants)...anything, they suck

#162 22-12-2011 22:16:47

Lemant
Campeur

Nightmare a écrit :

my small advice for kotoba boss ,im no veteran but i managed to beat it with kotoba weapons at will ,is to put more disarment so you can discard his weapons also the latest trophy that discards every guild affiliated card is good dissidecne wont help you against this boss cause you are already kotoba better get time to die

Weapons at Will won't help since only craftsman/warriors may use it.  My deck is comprised entirely of human marauders.

A trophy card that discards EVERY guild affiliated card?  If so, what will my human trackers use?  Trackers are VERY DEPENDENT on Kotoba Tracker guild cards for both offense/defense and chains.

You are right about Dissidence being useless against Xzia.  I didn't realize the Kotoba boss is of Kotoba guild (duh!), the same guild as my trackers.

I have been toying with the idea of including more disarmament cards in my deck, but  it still needs more to be a viable force against Xzia.

Perhaps if I could add more Assassination with To Track Down.  Not sure whether To Track Down will effectively bring down Xzia's magic-based defense boost.  I know the card works against item-based defense boost.

Dernière modification par Lemant (22-12-2011 22:18:49)

#163 22-12-2011 22:45:29

ledeir
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : MA, USA

TPPK a écrit :

Maybe it is a bold suggestion but wouldn't a subforum for the adventure be a good idea?
As a way to part quests/adventure decks, rewards, suggestions, stupid AI, bugs, etc...  topics from the usual eredan forums.

We definitely need at least separate threads for this...
A thread to discuss strategies/winnings/whatever for each adventure arc...
Having its own subforum could be nice too.

#164 22-12-2011 23:18:04

Brzost
Habitant de Guem

did anyone get mote then 1 streangh? Besides i completed all missions except last one in ursend, not enough energy big_smile

#165 23-12-2011 00:13:42

JvL
Voyageur

ledeir a écrit :
JvL a écrit :

I beat every single adventure chapter. The Ursend one more than 3x each and the boss more than 10 times back to back without losing once. Still no Mystic Slayer's Shadow sad Adventure mode is getting old quick. Also the replay incentive is pretty bad because the rewards seem to keep getting crappier and crappier. I'm definitely winning the $500,000,000 lottery before getting this "random price card"...

It would be nice if the "random prize card" was instead awarded with a trophy for completing a quest line. That way everyone would be guaranteed the prize they sought and people would have a clear indication of how many quests they have left.

I went through most of one arc without getting any cards. Another arc gave me nothing but the special bonus cards. (though in fairness, I liked getting those).

Still, I am quite pleased with this mode. I admit it, I prefer getting crushed by the computer than the other players.

My guess after beating Ursend Chapters over and over(when enough energy is available) is that getting the specific reward cards other than the strengths is like pulling a Legendary is booster packs. Considering we only get 0-3 cards at a time this might take forever. Im being optimisic, at least since its so dificult to get it'll be extra rewarding finally getting it =]

#166 23-12-2011 00:30:46

JvL
Voyageur

Lemant a écrit :
Nightmare a écrit :

Weapons at Will won't help since only craftsman/warriors may use it.  My deck is comprised entirely of human marauders.

A trophy card that discards EVERY guild affiliated card?  If so, what will my human trackers use?  Trackers are VERY DEPENDENT on Kotoba Tracker guild cards for both offense/defense and chains.

You are right about Dissidence being useless against Xzia.  I didn't realize the Kotoba boss is of Kotoba guild (duh!), the same guild as my trackers.

I have been toying with the idea of including more disarmament cards in my deck, but  it still needs more to be a viable force against Xzia.

Perhaps if I could add more Assassination with To Track Down.  Not sure whether To Track Down will effectively bring down Xzia's magic-based defense boost.  I know the card works against item-based defense boost.

The Kotoba boss is the most difficult in my opinion, but not really. I beat it on my second attempt with a deck composed of Aez the Wandering Warrior, and the two Ice elves along with most of the other free cards we have gotten from the advent calendar/trophies. The key here is Icy aura and Frostbite, 3x Tadaa, 3x Hibernation, 3x Fallback, and Litmus test wink

#167 23-12-2011 00:41:48

JvL
Voyageur

Kilanjared a écrit :
JvL a écrit :

Wow, I've beaten every other quest but this one.  It seems super tough!  What deck are you using to beat them??

For the Ursend ones I'm using different variations of my Queen Craft deck, which consists of Jorus, Ramen, and obviously the Queen of Avaloniaaaaa. For some of the others I used My pirate deck, with Souchi, Gemineye, and Jon the Filibuster. For the rest my Ice elf deck, with Aez the Wandering Warrior , Kokrem and Ayir.

#168 23-12-2011 01:04:09

Lemant
Campeur

JvL a écrit :

The Kotoba boss is the most difficult in my opinion, but not really. I beat it on my second attempt with a deck composed of Aez the Wandering Warrior, and the two Ice elves along with most of the other free cards we have gotten from the advent calendar/trophies. The key here is Icy aura and Frostbite, 3x Tadaa, 3x Hibernation, 3x Fallback, and Litmus test wink

I know nothing of ice elves.  I like elves in general.  But which guild do ice elves belong?  Are they of Sap Hearts?

#169 23-12-2011 01:12:54

JvL
Voyageur

Lemant a écrit :
JvL a écrit :

I know nothing of ice elves.  I like elves in general.  But which guild do ice elves belong?  Are they of Sap Hearts?

Ice Elfs? They are of the Mercenary Class. Look up Yilith. Like her. Where have you been for the past month? lol

#170 23-12-2011 01:43:11

Anihilate
Solarian

The "Strength of" Cards are abusive...

IGN: Shrei VonWeisheit
Mercenaries and trophies are underrated.
PS: I'm insane big_smile

#171 23-12-2011 02:13:12

Lemant
Campeur

JvL a écrit :

Ice Elfs? They are of the Mercenary Class. Look up Yilith. Like her. Where have you been for the past month? lol

If you reread my original post, you would know that I started this game less than a week ago...

#172 23-12-2011 02:15:25

Lemant
Campeur

Anihilate a écrit :

When it comes down to being either abused or to abuse, you want to be on the giving side.  Wouldn't you agree?

#173 23-12-2011 02:51:36

Anihilate
Solarian

Lemant a écrit :
Anihilate a écrit :

When it comes down to being either abused or to abuse, you want to be on the giving side.  Wouldn't you agree?

I'm an oddball,  I square up in bare knuckle boxing instead of sucker punching. Due to adventure mode supporting Zil, Sap, and Kotoba, I've taken to nomads <3

I had ample opportunity to be an A-Hole with the Un-nerfed avatar, as well as several other lovely oppurtunities, as Eclipse marauders etc, but no one has ever seen me run them in elo pre-nerf/ban <3

There shouldn't be an end-all combo, or universally excellent card for any guild/lineup, and the "Strength of..." are unlimited,permanent, universal buffs with no downside whatsoever, the other cards offered are decent, but have their downsides in one way or another. Used in cohesion with the several other permanents attributed to those guilds, it can give a very substantial advantage. I wouldn't mind them if their effects were guild-only, due to foamy and other golem spam, or had a duration, or at least activated at the end of the turn.

Currently, it's a permanent, no special requirements, no setup, favor of the dawn max effect.
No bueno.

IGN: Shrei VonWeisheit
Mercenaries and trophies are underrated.
PS: I'm insane big_smile

#174 23-12-2011 04:02:40

JvL
Voyageur

Lemant a écrit :
JvL a écrit :

If you reread my original post, you would know that I started this game less than a week ago...

It was a rhetorical question. XD Even if you have been playing for three days and on the forums it's all about the new ice elfs.

#175 23-12-2011 05:36:33

Lemant
Campeur

Anihilate a écrit :

I'm an oddball,  I square up in bare knuckle boxing instead of sucker punching. Due to adventure mode supporting Zil, Sap, and Kotoba, I've taken to nomads <3

I had ample opportunity to be an A-Hole with the Un-nerfed avatar, as well as several other lovely oppurtunities, as Eclipse marauders etc, but no one has ever seen me run them in elo pre-nerf/ban <3

There shouldn't be an end-all combo, or universally excellent card for any guild/lineup, and the "Strength of..." are unlimited,permanent, universal buffs with no downside whatsoever, the other cards offered are decent, but have their downsides in one way or another. Used in cohesion with the several other permanents attributed to those guilds, it can give a very substantial advantage. I wouldn't mind them if their effects were guild-only, due to foamy and other golem spam, or had a duration, or at least activated at the end of the turn.

Currently, it's a permanent, no special requirements, no setup, favor of the dawn max effect.
No bueno.

Yes, you are right about the "Strength of the ..." series being powerful.  Which is one of the reasons why I am trying so hard to defeat the Kotoba boss.  But I have to disagree with you about the card being more powerful than the Favor of the Dawn.  Unlike the "Strength of the ..." series, [card]Favor of the Dawn[/card] can chain.

Speaking of powerful cards, here's one: [card]No Quarter![/card].  Not only does it bestow your character with +1 Att and +1 Def, but it also delivers 2 pts of DIRECT DAMAGE to your opponent -or- heals you for 2 its its (depending on the relative damage output condition).  And it's PERMANENT!  Rarity rating: COMMON.  LOL.  Looks like I will have to grind the The Treasures of Zahal campaign boss fight for a while longer until I have at least two of these cards.

Pied de page des forums