Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 14-11-2011 15:09:23

al_vh1n
Habitant de Guem

Decks that dominated the game at one point or another

Here is a small list of decks that ruled (or the most used) in elo at one point in the game. I might have missed something but you are very free to comment.

Act 1:
Abomb – with the trio’s impressive stats, they are one of the most used decks at the early stages of the game. Everyone fighting them quiver in fear as they watched their characters getting pwned as if their fate has already been decided. Until this day they can go head to head w/ the big boys and can still hold their own in battle.

Noz Mage – another deck that struck fear to the heart of the opponents. With their ability to chain nasty spells they are a force to be reckoned with. Their ability was also the inspiration behind the name of the former English Guild MSNBATCOCAS. With powerful spells constantly being added to their repertoire it’s safe to say Noz Mages are here to stay.

Act 2:
Witchblade – these lovely ladies once ruled the game. Their ability to cast spells and perform physical attack at the same time made them a formidable opponent. Not to mention good chaining, healing, and retaliation (Ice Shield) as their other capabilities. But now it seems the girls are just shadows of their former selves. Perhaps a good update for Witchblade will bring them back to the top again.

Courtesan – with the introduction of Councilor Ishaia and her (broken?) ability, she governed (no pun intended) elo. With the courts ability to “Manipulate” the attack of its opponents combined with Ishia’s “Ice Barrier”, consider yourself lucky if you even managed to scratch them. By today’s standards courts might not be as good as compared to its earlier days but that might change with the recent addition of new cards and a new Councilor.

Act 3:
Port – these little critters that eat your characters’ health one after another was crawling everywhere in elo. That is until the game introduced a banning system and this deck got a perma ban. With its sheer opness and bugs that came along with it, it never stepped inside elo again. Ever since that you will only hear stories of a deck that once ruled guem, erghh I mean the game.

Act 4:
Discard – discards can be seen as early as Act 2, but here is where they truly shine. With the introduction of a new Priest-Circus character, their discarding ability improved exponentially and they have gone up a notch big time. Discard is undeniably one of the most used decks of all time and you can feel their manifestation in elo everywhere.

Immortal – they hold true to their namesake. With their crazy healing skills, these demi-gods are literally immortals. On top of powerful cards they can use like Solaris, Obesity, and diverse weaponry, they can even mill them back for a never ending cycle. They are truly one unstoppable beast that ruled elo until the coming of …

The Angry bird – you all know who I’m talking about but I’ll just refer to him as such since I’m not worthy enough to mention his name. This bird has it all: insane attack, insane health, insane ability, Feerik are you insane (just joking). But kidding aside this behemoth of a god trumped most deck known to existence especially with the right set up. Only a few can give a good run for their money that actually has a good chance of winning since as they always say there’s no unbeatable deck in this game, or is there? But without a doubt this creature is one if not the most broken character the game has ever seen.

I would like to special mention a former player named Stoon and his Merc Mill Priest deck that from what I’ve heard used to won elo every week. Also I’m not too sure if these decks dominated the game but I know for a fact that they are quite competitive at one point in elo: Gakyusha, old school Eclipse, Quickdraw, Sap Multi Race, WaW.

#2 14-11-2011 16:07:45

Lyquid
Habitant de Guem

Re : Decks that dominated the game at one point or another

Thanks for the effort of having to provide a little history here. I'm sure players both old and new alike will come to appreciate this. Some may disagree but as you said, they are free to comment or probably offer some suggestions. This was written objectively and should also be treated in the same manner.

Just curious though, Sap Hearts never became one of those dominated decks?

#3 14-11-2011 17:48:00

rutse
Habitant de Guem

I would also add sap heart multi race, that's one reason for what keizan got banned forever.

It's bad that we have a few kinds of decks that dominate" championships, where they should all be equal. As we can see, there are a lot of decks full of counters (dk's, nehantic corruptions, hom'chai, etc) and some decks with absolutely zero or just few soft counters (discard, immortals).

It would be fun for me if anyone stand a chance against anyone, to be different from what is: "Lol, he uses discard, I lose", or "Yeah, a Kotoba deck!! Victory!!".

Dernière modification par rutse (14-11-2011 17:49:55)

#4 14-11-2011 18:09:54

MrLordi92
Gardien
Lieu : Rhode Island

rutse a écrit :

I would also add sap heart multi race, that's one reason for what keizan got banned forever.

It's bad that we have a few kinds of decks that dominate" championships, where they should all be equal. As we can see, there are a lot of decks full of counters (dk's, nehantic corruptions, hom'chai, etc) and some decks with absolutely zero or just few soft counters (discard, immortals).

It would be fun for me if anyone stand a chance against anyone, to be different from what is: "Lol, he uses discard, I lose", or "Yeah, a Kotoba deck!! Victory!!".

Every deck has its good matchups and its bad matchups.  That's how every card game I've ever played goes.  I don't think there will ever be a time where every deck has a fair matchup against every other deck in the meta.

"Some say there's no subtly to destruction.  You know what?  They're dead." ~ Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

"One footstep among many is silent.  One footstep alone is deafening."

#5 15-11-2011 02:21:24

Anihilate
Solarian

Stoon's Merc Mill was a pain in the ass...and all Foil...Played it once and raged I did. All I saw from his deck was.

Eternal
Stoneater
Yilith

3x Theft
2x Ans
1x Prestige
1x Hungry void
1x Mental Siphon

?x Mercy
?x Divine Light

He'd basically cycle through his deck fast enough to 1 Never mill himself, 2 recycle his deck at least once, 3 keep his characters damn near max health. It was the multi million deck, and it could even make circus cry...

IGN: Shrei VonWeisheit
Mercenaries and trophies are underrated.
PS: I'm insane big_smile

#6 15-11-2011 03:36:01

jackal19
Gardien
Lieu : SDM

Umm last time i remembered before that walking theft priest was introduced discard has already been annoying elo i believe it really shined Abyssien the Devourer (or i call him the regenerating blob) was introduced i forgot what act was that but thats where discard grew annoying

Dernière modification par jackal19 (15-11-2011 03:44:50)

New englishchat: http://xat.com/EnglisheredanNeo---Online

"Tea is best enjoyed with your fellow monsters"
-Frederica Bernkastel

Pied de page des forums