Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 09-11-2011 04:00:17

catcatcat
Habitant de Guem

New Tournament Ideas

I think the biggest thing this game needs to attract new customers and retaining old players is to have more variety in tournament types.  A sealed deck tournament would be a great idea.  Each player would get a certain number of booster packs and then a deck would be constructed from only those cards and used in the tournament.  These cards could only be used in the tournament and afterwards, removed from the players' collections.  This tournament style has worked successfully in many other card games.  I don't think it would be that hard to implement.  Ideally, this sort of tournament would happen a few times a day rather than just once in awhile like the big tournaments that Feerik releases such as pokeredan.  Just a thought

#2 09-11-2011 04:44:43

MrLordi92
Gardien
Lieu : Rhode Island

Re : New Tournament Ideas

The problem with that is, statistically, it's possible to open a lot of packs and not get a single character.  And here you are, relying on getting three of them.  Plus, even if you get three, who's to say that the actions/items/spells/etc are even playable by your characters?

Maybe if you open only guild based packs, but those don't even exist anymore.  I thought this would be a good idea, since I rock in MTG sealed deck, but it's just fundamentally difficult with this type of game.

"Some say there's no subtly to destruction.  You know what?  They're dead." ~ Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

"One footstep among many is silent.  One footstep alone is deafening."

#3 09-11-2011 06:23:30

TheUnsane
Habitant de Guem

we'd need a new pack type Sealed Deck, contains Contains 35 cards all from a specific guild or merc/unaffiliated, 5 are gaurenteed to be characters. if something like this were buyable in the store as well it would give newbs an option besides the starter decks. which are a waste of feez imho.

#4 09-11-2011 13:15:49

bigotilyo
Voyageur

starter decks are good

noz dragon knights
sap hearts

dont remember the others but they're not all bad specially for players buying for the first time.

Question:

i still have guild booster it will still work when i open it right?

#5 09-11-2011 13:24:25

jackal19
Gardien
Lieu : SDM

i cant even call the precons starter decks imo since faerik is too shrewd in theyre rares

Dernière modification par jackal19 (09-11-2011 13:24:37)

New englishchat: http://xat.com/EnglisheredanNeo---Online

"Tea is best enjoyed with your fellow monsters"
-Frederica Bernkastel

#6 09-11-2011 13:24:34

Paladino.:RR:.
Gardien

Yes, and they might still return..

I think they will make a new booster to replace the guild one, maybe one that at least half of the cards are really related to the guild you bought it..

#7 09-11-2011 13:25:17

TheUnsane
Habitant de Guem

don't see why it wouldnt work i opened a premium booster last week got it from some free pack give away site.

#8 09-11-2011 13:44:36

catcatcat
Habitant de Guem

MrLordi92 a écrit :

The problem with that is, statistically, it's possible to open a lot of packs and not get a single character.  And here you are, relying on getting three of them.  Plus, even if you get three, who's to say that the actions/items/spells/etc are even playable by your characters?

Maybe if you open only guild based packs, but those don't even exist anymore.  I thought this would be a good idea, since I rock in MTG sealed deck, but it's just fundamentally difficult with this type of game.

If they just brought back to the guild based decks for these types of tournaments it would be possible I think.  The problem with this is that people would probably just go for the higher powered guilds (Desert Nomads, Saps). 

Or they could just create a new pack for this type of tournament that includes a few character cards in each.  It would be a basic premium booster with 12 random cards and 3 character cards.  I think that would work.

#9 09-11-2011 14:52:12

MrLordi92
Gardien

What they could do is draft.  They could make a 'Character Pack,' and then a few packs after that.  Seems more plausible than sealed deck, since in a draft you have more access to more cards, and it;'s more skill intensive.

"Some say there's no subtly to destruction.  You know what?  They're dead." ~ Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

#10 09-11-2011 15:08:41

catcatcat
Habitant de Guem

MrLordi92 a écrit :

What they could do is draft.  They could make a 'Character Pack,' and then a few packs after that.  Seems more plausible than sealed deck, since in a draft you have more access to more cards, and it;'s more skill intensive.

I like that idea a lot too.  Draft or Sealed Deck tournaments would be a huge plus and I think most would agree

#11 09-11-2011 19:58:28

MrLordi92
Gardien

catcatcat a écrit :
MrLordi92 a écrit :

I like that idea a lot too.  Draft or Sealed Deck tournaments would be a huge plus and I think most would agree

The only problem I have with your original idea is not keeping the cards?  Why not?  You don't give them back to the card shop when you draft Magic, you get to keep them.  Because you paid for them.

Granted, if you were to draft Eredan, it'd cost easily 2K+ Feez with the current price of packs......

On second thought, the idea of not keeping the cards would be better, because then you could lower the price of the tournament exponentially.

#12 09-11-2011 20:45:34

catcatcat
Habitant de Guem

Perhaps a prize for winning a one of these tournaments would be the ability to keep one of your cards for free.  Maybe 1st place gets to keep a card and then maybe top 1/3 gets some of the crystals like in the tournaments they currently offer.

#13 14-11-2011 08:01:53

bleachman
Gardien

Please post game suggestions in the suggestions forum. ^^

The first. The best. MSN.
Visit our guild's thread here and join up!
Also check this out: An English chat room!

#14 14-11-2011 17:16:47

TPPK
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : Belgium

First discussing what can be done to improve tournaments and then suggesting is imho opinion a better method.
That way Eredan staff doesn't have to wade trough endless amounts of posts just to get to the basis of what is preferred by the community.

First post is merely a dropping the ball with a reference of what could be done but not a solid suggestion.
A great approach since this way the pros and cons can all be considered.

I think if the author wants it it would be better suited at discussion and only be added at suggestion when the suggestion is actually being made.

There are vast amounts of parameters to be considered:
eg. what to do with characters that need apostle of destiny or watchmaker in your collection (if you have it in your base collection, can they still be upgraded?, same for item based chars)
The whole leveling aspect is the most fair/unfair (depending on perspective) part in it.

The idea is superb as it allows you to use limited resources to make a competitive deck. Sure luck sill be a huge factor but then again anyone can win with half a brain on how to construct decks.

Pied de page des forums