Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 08-11-2011 07:35:58

MrLordi92
Gardien
Lieu : Rhode Island

Sol'Ra Avatar Gripes

Alright, so......  As we all may know......  This Goddamn card is bonkers.  It is "The Nuts," broken in half, plain stupid Magical-Christmas-Land monstrous.  A behemoth of a card.

Now, I already know what's going to win any tournament with this guy, unless you're jank and are packing Vanish's or something that reduces damage by a lot.

So, here's the decklist.  Ready?

Sol'Ra Avatar / Counciler Ishaia / Doyen Verace-Councilor

3 x [card]Harshness[/card]
3 x [card]Diplomatic Error[/card]

14 other cards.  Probably mostly cantrips, Ice Barriers, counters, and other forms of suppression.

The card is just grossly overpowered, and it really needs to be stopped.  This card is more devastating than Discard, and frankly I'd rather die by Discard.  It's less demoralizing than losing turn 3 to the above deck, which I've faced about five times so far.

Granted, I'm sure if I was playing him, I'd be lovin' it, but I'm not.  And I'm sure most of the games population isn't loving it.  It's one thing when a card is ruling a metagame, but it's another when the card is extremely limited.

So, post your reasons why Avatar should/shouldn't be banned.  Post your stories, deck lists (I guess.)

Have at it.  Talk about Eredan's latest Frankenstein Monster.

"Some say there's no subtly to destruction.  You know what?  They're dead." ~ Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

"One footstep among many is silent.  One footstep alone is deafening."

#2 08-11-2011 08:51:40

TheUnsane
Habitant de Guem

Re : Sol'Ra Avatar Gripes

yea hes definatly OP although i tend to beat sol'ra decks with my shadow mages... also wtf is a cantrip in eredan terms?

#3 08-11-2011 08:58:17

jackal19
Gardien
Lieu : SDM

cantrip are spells and yes he deserves to be banned at elo or even nerfed he kills alot of decks especialy healing ones

New englishchat: http://xat.com/EnglisheredanNeo---Online

"Tea is best enjoyed with your fellow monsters"
-Frederica Bernkastel

#4 08-11-2011 09:29:24

Gent M
Habitant de Guem

The key to making the deck you've posted above overpowered is Ishaia not avatar. Remember there was a time when she was constantly banned in ELO.

Against eclipse, without incarnation at the end of turn 3 you have 2 characters left alive against avatar. With some good cards in hand you win on points.

#5 08-11-2011 09:35:04

magius
Solarian

There is only one definite deck that can beat Desert Nomads, Sap Heart. But mind you, that indicates how powerful Sol'Ra Avatar deck is.

If Sol'Ra Avatar is used with Courtesans (especially the Ishaia and the Vel-something guy) instead of the regular Desert Nomad Deck. How would you kill the Avatar with Ice Barriers and Manipulation? That would rule out most aggro decks (Zil, etc.). Don't think even Sap Heart can deal with that unless it manage to OS the Avatar first.

How mage decks deal with Harshness? Another deck bites the dust.

Priests? Oh wait... I cannot heal. Another deck into oblivion.

Let me see... Discard. Cannot stall long enough to discard the entire deck due to high damage. OS Abyssien... bah.

What's left? Oh we'll just leave the game at first round... why bother. Not sure if they actually play test him before releasing it to the public. If they did, they seriously should rethink their play test strategy.

Magius [FH] FullHouse Clan

#6 08-11-2011 09:38:33

Tempest Poet
Habitant de Guem

To be honest, i have way more problems With eclipse + avatar than ishaia, veraz avatar.

The main reason is, as far as i can tell, the better stability of eclipse version with more "base pressure".

#7 08-11-2011 11:16:40

Paladino.:RR:.
Gardien

Yes, while eclipse, verace and Ishaia is a pain when it works (with avatar starting with Harshness + Solar fury or just harshness) The Eclipse is more consistent.

I know avatar can be beated, Shadow mages and SAP can do it. The problem is, that he nearly removed two entire casts from game play. Clerics and Mages, plus he removed all way of playing that is based on healing (DK, Immortals) and any control type of deck like discards and courts. So they removed 30% of game strategy with the card or 50-60% of Elo meta game strategy with one card.

So from Rock, Pater and Scizors, Eredan went to rock, rock and rock..

#8 08-11-2011 11:17:55

artemis_fowl
Campeur

if they won't ban the Avatar, then let Keizan(Warrior) be free! He and Melissandre are the only ones who can regularly stop it. Multi race Saps, isn't just the same with out a Warrior Keizan. Although mages bombard can stop the Avatar, how many players use mage decks in ELO nowadays due to the first hated discards. so all in all- avatar has no competitions in ELO. sad but true.

#9 08-11-2011 11:29:42

Gardien

I play a blaster, and I garantee, Unless I start the game with TLA + Maestry and the avatar start with no harshness, so I can oneshot him, I dont see how mages can beat him.

I've hear that Zil shadow mages is probally the strongest deck aganst avatar, not sure why... But don't worry, if we get a noz release this week, avatar will probally be banned next week so the new release get op and everyone go buys it.

#10 08-11-2011 11:49:05

TheUnsane
Habitant de Guem

I think its because of the defensensive cards limiting avatar's deck output..it generally ends on turn 4-5 with everthing dead an me bein ahead about 10 points in damage.. Sol'ra's anger makes him take huge damage from never lonely in the first round and kiss of death in the second.

but come on 22 health,11/11 damage is just broken... too bad this game doesnt have a spectator mode... i bet mirror matches with sol'ra are stupid...

Dernière modification par TheUnsane (08-11-2011 11:50:40)

#11 08-11-2011 11:57:43

artemis_fowl
Campeur

TheUnsane a écrit :

but come on 22 health,11/11 damage is just broken... too bad this game doesnt have a spectator mode... i bet mirror matches with sol'ra are stupid...

+1

#12 08-11-2011 12:49:24

EwokDan
Habitant de Guem

question...how do you even make avatar?

#13 08-11-2011 13:04:23

TheUnsane
Habitant de Guem

its that ozymedias or wtfever his name is, and several cards.

#14 08-11-2011 13:11:29

EwokDan
Habitant de Guem

really specific, thnx ^^

#15 08-11-2011 17:43:33

MrLordi92
Gardien

I'm curious how to make him too.  It probably required Requiem From the Grave and Ozymandias lvl 3, plus the Solarian Trophy.

"Some say there's no subtly to destruction.  You know what?  They're dead." ~ Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

#16 08-11-2011 17:56:59

Gardien

The trophy, Ozzy, Requiem, Hatching, Petition and one more I think..

#17 08-11-2011 18:48:05

MrLordi92
Gardien

Paladino.:RR:. a écrit :

The trophy, Ozzy, Requiem, Hatching, Petition and one more I think..

Supplication?

EDIT:  Congrats, that was your 1000th post.

Dernière modification par MrLordi92 (08-11-2011 18:49:08)

#18 08-11-2011 18:52:53

Stallion1990
Habitant de Guem

If Keizan (warrior) is banned then there is no reason why Avatar shouldnt be.  Keizan (warrior) can be beat A LOT easier than Avatar.  Yes Multi-Race Sap is strong, but it is not close to being unbeatable, nor does Keizan (warrior) remove classes from the game (example priests or mages).  I would much rather face a Keizan based deck then any deck with Avatar. 

As for the ban on Ishaia, she was banned for a long time, until Eredan created enough cards to beat her, now she is not nearly as big as a threat as she used to be.  So at the very least, ban Avatar until there are enough counter cards. 

The removal of all heals with AoE damage on odds turns seems a little excessive too.  If the Avatar has that passive ability, he should have less health.  For example,  Telendar, a huge character for old school Zil agro, with an amazing passive ability, turn order, and buff....yet only had 11 health and 2 defense.  Telendar was balanced, he was a glass cannon who was meant to kill a character in exchange for his own life.  Not only does Avatar have better passive abilities, he is also ALMOST unkillable

~Today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday~

#19 08-11-2011 19:11:47

MrLordi92
Gardien

Stallion1990 a écrit :

If Keizan (warrior) is banned then there is no reason why Avatar shouldnt be.  Keizan (warrior) can be beat A LOT easier than Avatar.  Yes Multi-Race Sap is strong, but it is not close to being unbeatable, nor does Keizan (warrior) remove classes from the game (example priests or mages).  I would much rather face a Keizan based deck then any deck with Avatar. 

As for the ban on Ishaia, she was banned for a long time, until Eredan created enough cards to beat her, now she is not nearly as big as a threat as she used to be.  So at the very least, ban Avatar until there are enough counter cards. 

The removal of all heals with AoE damage on odds turns seems a little excessive too.  If the Avatar has that passive ability, he should have less health.  For example,  Telendar, a huge character for old school Zil agro, with an amazing passive ability, turn order, and buff....yet only had 11 health and 2 defense.  Telendar was balanced, he was a glass cannon who was meant to kill a character in exchange for his own life.  Not only does Avatar have better passive abilities, he is also ALMOST unkillable

I agree whole-heartedly with this.  Ish isn't a problem anymore, or at least she's far less of a problem now than she used to be.  Avatar needs to be banned until decks get stronger.  I think the biggest problem is Avatar takes no set up AT ALL to one shot a character most of the times.  A lot of decks require some sort of build up, a small exception being Sap Heart Multi-Race.  All he needs to be is play cards one turn to kill the opposing character.

Also, the combination of blocking heals and AoE is just silly.  It should stop healings on even turns and deal damage at the end of odd turns.  At least then it would be slightly less broken.

#20 08-11-2011 19:19:35

xPrTx
Ptit nouveau

I don't really have an issue with Sol'Ra Avatar. I play weapons at will currently, I destroy Eclipse Avatar. Ishaia is annoying, but like what can they do? They one shot one of your guys, and you just keep building up while avatar kills off the other two, and you nail avatar for 25.

Im rank 48 right now, like 1628 nothing special, but out of the 12 games I have played this week, 7 of them have been Avatar decks. No joke.

Bare in mind Obesity being banned has prolly played a rather large role in that matchup as well.

#21 09-11-2011 04:42:33

MrLordi92
Gardien

xPrTx a écrit :

I don't really have an issue with Sol'Ra Avatar. I play weapons at will currently, I destroy Eclipse Avatar. Ishaia is annoying, but like what can they do? They one shot one of your guys, and you just keep building up while avatar kills off the other two, and you nail avatar for 25.

Im rank 48 right now, like 1628 nothing special, but out of the 12 games I have played this week, 7 of them have been Avatar decks. No joke.

Bare in mind Obesity being banned has prolly played a rather large role in that matchup as well.

Plus not playing Mages helps, too.

#22 09-11-2011 05:09:36

RyogaLX
Gardien

I personally think that the error in design Avatar lies in the fact that luck and strategy (the damage output) reside in a a single card that is put in game just at begining of the combat, the real difference with Eredan ITGC classic games where tactics and luck depend on cards and hands.

That is, when deck comes into play once the Avatar  hurts in the early rounds all enemy characters, allowing fast elimination of most characters. In classic Eredan ITGC killing characters in the early rounds was a real feat!!. In addition 3 cards have a lot of defensive potential for a unit that has 22 hitpoints, high attack attack and too much spirit. If the avatar might harm himself, things would be equal, thus winning a game against the avatar relies in three single things that not all deck can:

- Caused much damage in the early rounds
- Drive to survive a single character for the later rounds
- Do not play with decks based on healing and spells

For these reasons, the avatar should be banned, is bad designed and is a real tactical crusher for all bases of Eredan Itgc.

IMHO, obviously there are some people taking advantage of this bad designed and OP unit. Even in future if they release other Avatars ELO rooms will be full of Avatars and all decks constructed until now will fall in the past.

What a hell where they thinking? ¬¬

The Nehant Champion
L.N.O
"With facts, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual" Galileo Galilei

#23 09-11-2011 12:59:53

Lyquid
Habitant de Guem

+1 to all the gripes. The closest colossus there is to the Avatar without any steroid pump is  Abomination <-- a tough opponent but is highly beatable by a good number of decks. How many deck builds can kill the Avatar? Crazy broken card. There goes the meta.

Dernière modification par Lyquid (09-11-2011 13:04:28)

#24 09-11-2011 13:03:46

bigotilyo
Voyageur

Its either the card design team are a big nomads fan, considering nomads already have the immortals (one of the top decks as of now IMO) or maybe its the start of the "avatar wars" every week from now on they will release avatars that will require players to have almost, if not all of the guild characters.

Sol'ra avatar is not accessible to most of the players considering the cards you need to make 1. 4 rare cards 1 uncommon and 1 common.

ozymandias - R

upgrade to level 3
+requiem from the grave - R

upgrade to level 4
+supplication - U
+litany - C
+hatching - R
+incarnation - R

and thats after acquiring the "solarian trophy".

Has there been any character that is this hard to upgrade, I dont think so.

That may be the reason they made it so strong. Too strong. Im a mage user and its next to impossible to kill this guy. I hope they should nerf the avatar. The bar has been set too high. It will be hard to top this card unless they make avatars representing other guilds with insane abilities like this one.

Remember why dragon ball Z got boring in the end... its when they made the characters sooo strong that they ran out of ideas to make stronger enemies.

#25 09-11-2011 13:09:41

bigotilyo
Voyageur

Lyquid a écrit :

+1 to all the gripes. The closest colossus there is without any steroid pump Abomination <-- is a tough opponent but is highly beatable by a good number of decks. How many deck builds can kill the Avatar? Crazy broken card. There goes the meta.

Scratch off mages and priests. Permanent harshness is just too much... 22hp wow!!!
supernova, sol'ra eclipse, burning soul.

feerik rewards the paying customer handsomely with sol'ra avatar use it in elo before it gets nerfed.

Pied de page des forums