Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 19-10-2011 16:25:22

Paladino.:RR:.
Gardien

Suggestions on how to deal with market inflation

Now that due to the comunity concern and demands the new 30% tax is removed, I feel is also our responsability to provide suggestions to fix this real problem that is (huge amount of crystals circulating) causing a inflationary pression on the market.

I  have few suggestions to the staff:

New tournaments, like the hourly ones, but with the most diferent kind os restrictions.
Only act 1, only act 2, only acts 1 and 3, only act 4, class restrict deckd, two guild only tournament, No spells allowed, only level 1 cards, or only 1 maxed out character and etc.

This kind of restriction, would be fun since some of them would allow even new players to play be competitive, also would have the effect of trying all new kind of new strategies that would only work on those condictions.

Also a new fun idea for tournaments is a Guild vs Guild, where player create a deck from determined guild and join the tournamente where he will only fight those who use the other guild. In the end the total crystals in in the inscription fee is divided to all the players who choosed the winner guild. (Some measuer to avoid cons being planted in the adversary guidl would be necessary).

And in all this tournaments 30% of the fee is removed from market.

Also we can have increasing taxes (go running to the closest bunker) as prices keep going up. 10% 0-50k, 15% to 51-200k, 20% to 200k+ (The numebrs are only suggestion) in order to stop some of that, buy all of one card and put back for sale, since the way I see, the minimun/maximum price range wont stop it once if someone buy all cards the maxium price range will go up and he can put back for sale in the new price..

There are all ideas that can be studied by the staff and modified to fit the game, dont know if some aren't just impossible to apply, but those are my contributions.

#2 19-10-2011 16:32:42

jackal19
Gardien
Lieu : SDM

Re : Suggestions on how to deal with market inflation

the increasing tax one is fine really fine as it differs because of rarity so those who hoard legends or rares will think twice if they sell they're cards also the act boosters kil that too XD +1

New englishchat: http://xat.com/EnglisheredanNeo---Online

"Tea is best enjoyed with your fellow monsters"
-Frederica Bernkastel

#3 19-10-2011 16:41:48

Gardien

Oh, a new idea aganst monopoly and market manipulation is increased tax for any card that had a price rise bigger than 40%-50% of the average price in the last seven days.

#4 27-10-2011 08:54:23

bleachman
Gardien

Make booster packs purchasable with crystals. Inflation problem solved.

The first. The best. MSN.
Visit our guild's thread here and join up!
Also check this out: An English chat room!

#5 27-10-2011 13:30:37

jackal19
Gardien
Lieu : SDM

bleachman a écrit :

i doubt they will do that -_-

New englishchat: http://xat.com/EnglisheredanNeo---Online

"Tea is best enjoyed with your fellow monsters"
-Frederica Bernkastel

#6 27-10-2011 13:36:28

Zurga
Modérateur Eredan

And you will have no more game.
If there is no reason at all to spend some money, why anyone will do it ?

Collectionneur de cartes

#7 27-10-2011 13:48:55

Gardien

I got agree with Zurga that I do not see this working...

Maybe with extremely expensive boosters, people would still prefer to buy feez, but than if the booster was so expensive in crystals would be better to buy the cards at the market.

If we are entering the realm of crazy possibilities, make booster buyable with Crystals, but remove the market, and make all cards buyable with feez.

So those who play a lot and free, would have to try their luck at boosters, and those who want to spend, will have a garantee of getting good cards with the money spent..

But that would near end all fun of oppening boosters of a TCG..

I personally belive that if you make a lot of events that suck crystals from the game a better option.. For example they could have made an option to buy candies with crystals, It would greatly remove crystals from the game, while adding more cards to the game by the Halloween shop.. Of course those who have a lot of crytal would have advantage, but so far those who buy booster alredy have, so whats the diference?

#8 27-10-2011 14:26:21

Rathedan
Nehantiste
Lieu : St. George, NB, Canada

jackal19 a écrit :
bleachman a écrit :

i doubt they will do that -_-

Make it only act 1 boosters then. Very limited, 4-pack boosters that can't be sold on the market.

They have the coding to do it (see daily quests), why not? It'd help a ton.

If there were no luck in TCG, how boring would that be?
-Lonak

#9 27-10-2011 14:40:53

bleachman
Gardien

@ opposing opinions

I do believe it would help greatly. Limit the amount of cards or restrict the cards to a certain group. Offering players a way to actually obtain some cards without spending 5€ for a booster pack is something greatly to be considered. Add the fact that eventually the inflated masses of crystals will dwindle away and we will have people not buying many packs and resort back to purchasing packs with feez.
I know of another card game online that offers its first edition fully for cash and for in game currency, which is also pretty expensive and needs heavy grind to even get a booster. People still spend shittons of money on the game, so they can get the new stuff as well.

Remember: Even if the amount of spenders or amounts spent decrease, as long as the amount of players increases, those will increase accordingly as well. Would you rather have a small community with a few big buyers, or a large one with many smaller buyers? Quite frankly, it screams masses to me.

#10 27-10-2011 14:48:44

Gardien

Well, If you make a limited time offer, with non-sellable cards, like a promotion, it could work as a way to remove a big number of crystals from game could work.

Or if they want to make something more permanent, or repeat more times, make it like for every booster you buy with feez, you got the option to buy some with crystals..

The main problem about discussing what can be done or not, is, the fact that for many strategies with a longer term goal, we dont know how Feerik finances is good enough to handle a drop in short term income for a greaer increase in the long term.

So while many ideas we have here seens good, maybe its not doable for Feerik.

#11 27-10-2011 14:54:53

bleachman
Gardien

Paladino.:RR:. a écrit :

The main problem about discussing what can be done or not, is, the fact that for many strategies with a longer term goal, we dont know how Feerik finances is good enough to handle a drop in short term income for a greaer increase in the long term.

So while many ideas we have here seens good, maybe its not doable for Feerik.

The main problem with that attitude, where it does bear truth, is that you will never get anywhere. Things will not move forward unless you do the occasional radical change. If you expect Feerik to continue this way, things will not change swiftly at all and we will have the same problems tomorrow as we do today.

When you bring in measures of radical change, you also toss in others to support it and thus ensure a more or less financially stable period in which you are establishing new things. There could be many things Feerik could do to support a new change in pricings/booster sales. Marketing and promotion is one hell of a thing companies use to lure in more players. Thus supply yourself with more potential customers or keep the ones you have happy with other things as well, while they spend their money.

#12 27-10-2011 16:32:03

Gardien

I'll agree that if nothing is changed we will never get anywhere.
I just wanted to point that, we have to consider that we dont know their side of the story, before start thinking that they aren't considerate and don't care about ideas given that would fix game problems. Also as a non expert in programs, I assume that somethings we consider simple might be complex in the execution.

Especially since, my two main complains about feerik in the last months, of not having posts with the game changes, what the new patchs thread fixed, and the not listening or at least replaying to the players have been lessened, with the staff being more active and the example of the return of the 10% tax.

Now they only lack a oficial english website sustained and updated by feerik, with all the cards and history, instead of a wiki..

So, since things seen to be getting better, I'll just toss the ideas I have and let them decide if it's viable or not.

#13 27-10-2011 18:08:25

goscar
Guémélite

Mine is put price range for rarity.
Commons: 100-1500
Uncommon: 100-30,000
Rare: 100-60,000
Legendary/Collector: 100-1,000,000

Dragon Knights ftw big_smile

Pied de page des forums