Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#76 28-08-2011 14:45:22

MrLordi92
Gardien
Lieu : Rhode Island

Re : The Great Noz release!

UrBestFriend a écrit :
MrLordi92 a écrit :

I'm not saying everything is alien, you are.  According to you if it isn't native to Earth it's alien.  Therefore the elves of Llanowar, the Mirrans of Mirrodin, the spirits of Kamigawa, ETC, are all aliens.  And when did I ever say the players were aliens.  I'm starting to think you can't read.

Where did you read that?  Did you just base it off of that one tower that sort-of-kinda-maybe looks like the Eye of Sauron?  No.  The map of Middle Earth directly corresponds to Europe mostly.  The only part close to Asia would technically be Rhun.

No, in medieval times China is referred to as the middle earth. You can verify it here as one of the names of China:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_of_China 國/国 is translated to Middle Kingdom or Middle Earth.

Anyway, if they are not Earthlings then they are aliens. It's that simple. Also note the difference between magical creatures and aliens is that not all aliens knows magical arts (Starship Trooper insect-like aliens) while magical creatures can be earthlings (Harry Potter) as well as aliens (Avatar's body-mind transfer incantation).

But that's not what J.R.R Tolkein had in mind.  He based it off of Norse culture.  Middle Earth comes from the name Midgard.  Just because that was one of China's names doesn't mean it's Middle-Earth from LoTR.

You're still not understanding.  Earth doesn't exist in the Magic multiverse.  The Xenomorphs from Alien are aliens. The Juntya from Predator are aliens.  Goblins are not.

"Some say there's no subtly to destruction.  You know what?  They're dead." ~ Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

"One footstep among many is silent.  One footstep alone is deafening."

#77 28-08-2011 18:35:44

Malleuz
Habitant de Guem

I know this is very critical and supjective, but I just read all the post above this one, here ón page 4 (I did not dare read page 3), and the posts from "UrBestFriend" made my brain hurt so bad you have no idea, and my ears actually started to bleed a little.

... luckyly an alien goblin from Middle-earth came by and helped me out with a bandaid smile

#78 28-08-2011 18:41:04

EwokDan
Habitant de Guem

Malleuz a écrit :

I know this is very critical and supjective, but I just read all the post above this one, here ón page 4 (I did not dare read page 3), and the posts from "UrBestFriend" made my brain hurt so bad you have no idea, and my ears actually started to bleed a little.

... luckyly an alien goblin from Middle-earth came by and helped me out with a bandaid smile

+1 lol

#79 29-08-2011 02:45:30

UrBestFriend
Campeur

MrLordi92 a écrit :

But that's not what J.R.R Tolkein had in mind.  He based it off of Norse culture.  Middle Earth comes from the name Midgard.  Just because that was one of China's names doesn't mean it's Middle-Earth from LoTR.

You're still not understanding.  Earth doesn't exist in the Magic multiverse.  The Xenomorphs from Alien are aliens. The Juntya from Predator are aliens.  Goblins are not.

J.R.R Tolkein actually wrote Lord of the Rings as a social commentary on China -- with the Eye of Sauron representing the all-seeing Communist China and the horde (the single political party) vies for the ring of powers. His proposed solution was that the only way for freedom fighters to succeed is if they became selfless and band together, but they should not succumb to the corrupting influence of powers once they win -- similar to what happened to Mao (Gollum). Yes, he might have used Norse culture but so what? There's freaking elves in there -- do Norway people have big ears? Don't think so. Who else have big ears on Earth other than Chinese Buddha clan.

Also, Earth does exist in the magic multi-verse. Just because you didn't want to call aliens as 'aliens', don't give you right to erase the existence of Earth. Don't forget in Starwars there are goblin aliens. Also, in Fantastic Four, Earth do exist in the multi-verse.

Dernière modification par UrBestFriend (29-08-2011 02:47:03)

#80 29-08-2011 04:43:04

Kilanjared
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : Colorado, USA

UrBestFriend, what on Earth are you talking about??  First of all:

- However, in 1961, Tolkien sharply criticized a Swedish commentator who suggested that The Lord of the Rings was an anti-communist parable and identified the Dark Lord with Stalin. Tolkien retorted,
"I utterly repudiate any such 'reading', which angers me. The situation was conceived long before the Russian revolution. Such allegory is entirely foreign to my thought." -

And if it was thought up before Stalin, it was definitely thought up before Mao.  In fact, LOTR was written during World War II, when Mao wasn't even yet in power due to the civil war between the Nationalists and Communists.  I'm not even going to comment on the whole Buddha ears thing, just please, if you're going to make asinine comments, at least make them historically accurate and not grossly misinformed.

That's really the only part I can refute, as the rest of your post doesn't even make sense...

Sorry to everyone else for my ranting... Let's please get back to discussing Eredan...

#81 29-08-2011 05:31:10

UrBestFriend
Campeur

Mao was already in power during World War 2 -- albeit not complete total power. There was two factions that time, the communist and the nationalist. There was a time in his journey when they were captured and where led in the long March (this was the beginning of the transformation of Gollum). After which they made peace with the nationalist faction which ended up with Mao leading both forces against the Japanese invasion (Gollum leads our band of young heroes). After they win the battle (our adventurers reach the volcano) and Japan was defeated by Allied forces (the last stand), Mao unleashed his plan to take control of China (Gollum tried to take power ring from our young boy). But alas, he died and fell into the volcano of death as how Mao died and failed to kill everyone in the cultural revolution (symbolizes the corrupting power of the ring).

Note, I said it was a social commentary on China because middle earth is based on that geographic area and political events that unraveled. Of course he would be angry, imagine writing three huge volumes about China and then here comes this Swedish jerk who hints that the book was about Russia.

Anyway, back on the topic, these MTG cards are aliens! Since they were not from Earth!

#82 29-08-2011 07:11:24

jackal19
Gardien
Lieu : SDM

my my did this topic turn into a literature or history class XD

New englishchat: http://xat.com/EnglisheredanNeo---Online

"Tea is best enjoyed with your fellow monsters"
-Frederica Bernkastel

#83 29-08-2011 07:29:03

EwokDan
Habitant de Guem

Massive overuse of google and wiki going on...

#84 29-08-2011 15:03:51

Col.Beowulf
Guémélite

UrBestFriend a écrit :

Mao was already in power during World War 2 -- albeit not complete total power. There was two factions that time, the communist and the nationalist. There was a time in his journey when they were captured and where led in the long March (this was the beginning of the transformation of Gollum). After which they made peace with the nationalist faction which ended up with Mao leading both forces against the Japanese invasion (Gollum leads our band of young heroes). After they win the battle (our adventurers reach the volcano) and Japan was defeated by Allied forces (the last stand), Mao unleashed his plan to take control of China (Gollum tried to take power ring from our young boy). But alas, he died and fell into the volcano of death as how Mao died and failed to kill everyone in the cultural revolution (symbolizes the corrupting power of the ring).

Note, I said it was a social commentary on China because middle earth is based on that geographic area and political events that unraveled. Of course he would be angry, imagine writing three huge volumes about China and then here comes this Swedish jerk who hints that the book was about Russia.

Anyway, back on the topic, these MTG cards are aliens! Since they were not from Earth!

This from the guy who frequently quotes the fact ''Harry Potter'' has taken his memories....

#85 30-08-2011 12:07:12

Lyquid
Habitant de Guem

jackal19 a écrit :

my my did this topic turn into a literature or history class XD

Pretty informative smile

Dernière modification par Lyquid (30-08-2011 12:08:59)

Pied de page des forums