Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 28-06-2011 16:05:21

Malleuz
Habitant de Guem

Sap Heart Mages - a new way to go

Hi guys

For quite some time now, I have been working on making a good and neat Sap Heart "Mage-build" deck.

But it was never my intention to build a competitive deck, but rather a fun deck, and the Sappies caught my heart with Magic Poison from day one smile

I have been all over the block, building everything from a World-tree theme, to a Dais theme, but it was never what I really wanted it to be...

But with Arachnophobia and Living Nature (yeah, that's right :b ) I think I have struck Gold smile

I haven't levelled all the characters up yet, so I haven't tested the deck in it's final form, but here is the list... enjoy smile

Mylad - lvl 4
Keizan - Mage version - lvl 3
Rockspeaker - lvl 3

(You: "Mylad and Keizan sounds decent, but wtf is he doing with rockspeaker???")

3 - Arachnophobia
3 - Living Nature
3 - RoD
3 - Magic Poison
2 - Than the Sword
2 - Magic Attack
2 - Emerald Sword
1 - Unleash Hell (my preferred AoE, but others could work as well)
1 - Devouring Swarm

Here is why I think this is really good:

The deck is basically unpredictable, since it attacks from two angles; Magic and physical. This can be compared to witchblades which are/have been strong. The other thing I like, is how Living Nature works in the deck:

On Mylad, it is an "Illusury Reflection"; keeping mages alive is never a bad thing.
On Keizan it is a solid 6 magic damage + his spirit (9 total) - potentially 18 damage on turn one.
And on Rockspeaker it's an Assassination, which is never that bad smile

Arachnophobia is also a potential game breaker, since you don't lose any power by using it, unlike RoD which you can only play 3 times. And it also gives you a small edge against discard (a tiny edge, but still)

But what do you guys think of the deck? Do you like it, do you hate it, and why? Could it be better, or even competitive?

Cheers.

/Morten

#2 28-06-2011 16:32:34

Hansi
Habitant de Guem

Re : Sap Heart Mages - a new way to go

nice one, but what do you want with emerald sword? also, i dont think you need than the sword. arachnophobia is better.

3 - Arachnophobia
3 - Living Nature
3 - RoD
3 - Magic Poison

these are your offensive spells. they should be enough to take down any opponent.

you need some support

2 - Magic Attack
1 - Unleash Hell
1 - Freeze (instead of Swarm)

and defense

2 - Scouting the Area
2 - Fallback

[card]Renaissance[/card] would be a good anti-Mage card, and you need [card]a new start[/card] to beat that annoying discards.

#3 28-06-2011 16:34:20

jackal19
Gardien
Lieu : SDM

or maybe add dais intervention for def ?

New englishchat: http://xat.com/EnglisheredanNeo---Online

"Tea is best enjoyed with your fellow monsters"
-Frederica Bernkastel

#4 28-06-2011 18:16:35

Glasher
Guémélite

While you think it is unpredictable it is not. It is pretty obvious what Rockspeaker is going to do. and it is pretty obvious what Mylad should be doing, her only surprise is order, which is a 50/50 spike attack spike burn which in ***bip*** deck is more like 70attack30magic due to its dais only burn. Living Nature is the give away, OK homchai and low spirit its an attack, ok Dais and high spirit most likely a burn, Mylad is up in the air but based on the deck she is going to be attacking mostly as only RoD allows her to burn.

I really think your emeralds give you away as well. Because they are all mages once one is on it is apparently clear that characters intentions. Thus making you easier to read. They should be Amber Daggers for more output, or Scouting the Area for more defense. They could also be Ice Barriers but I feel Scouting leaves you less vulnerable to certain counters. However running Ice Barriers you could add into your blitz, The Best Defense. Keizan will get upwards of 5. ANother option, since you are using Rocky is tribal Mask. While only room for 2 it will keep your surprise element slightly lower than with Swords. While gaining the attack its giving you more def.

I cannot say this with much enthusiasm so I'll use caps, sorry

ALL SAP MAGE DECKS SHOULD USE AT LEAST ONE ROOT!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is a game changing card, it will save your life and it will limit the options your opponent has. It also allows you to play at your pace. IF you need an extra turn for a heart of the cards draw you can usually turn to that rooted char and finish it off or set up a stronger defense. Root is vital trust me.

Spiritseeker is an option over Mylad IMO
Huge Spirit on orders that is still easy to read but 9 on nature 8 to 12 on rods +12 on tts chains -2 when dead makes keizans nature smaller but... Puts wood protection into better play. Mylad is more stable but Spiritseeker adds more flare. Turn 1 seeker is a very dangerous character.

Dernière modification par Glasher (28-06-2011 18:18:54)

Concentrate not on destroying your foe, but on obtaining your own victory. - Gouken

#5 28-06-2011 18:35:25

Malleuz
Habitant de Guem

Thx for the input guys smile

#6 29-06-2011 04:50:55

MrLordi92
Gardien
Lieu : Rhode Island

Hansi a écrit :

nice one, but what do you want with emerald sword? also, i dont think you need than the sword. arachnophobia is better.

3 - Arachnophobia
3 - Living Nature
3 - RoD
3 - Magic Poison

these are your offensive spells. they should be enough to take down any opponent.

you need some support

2 - Magic Attack
1 - Unleash Hell
1 - Freeze (instead of Swarm)

and defense

2 - Scouting the Area
2 - Fallback

[card]Renaissance[/card] would be a good anti-Mage card, and you need [card]a new start[/card] to beat that annoying discards.

I've played with Sap-Mages and put Unleash Hell in....  It's just not worth it IMO.  More often than not it doesn't deal enough damage to matter.  I also don't see Fallback being too good either.  It's a dead card against mages, and actually is worse because it gives you Spirit -1. 

And I agree with Glasher.  A one of Root could be helpful.  Some chains are just devastating, like Time to Die and.....  Anything that gives more than +2 attack.

And, just in case you were going for some sort of War-Mage deck (Mages that rely on attcking.), and I might just be living in Magical Christmas Land (MTG reference) but Tribal Mask would be fun with Rockspeaker, since you have three different races.  Plus playing an item gives him his Attack bonus.

"Some say there's no subtly to destruction.  You know what?  They're dead." ~ Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

"One footstep among many is silent.  One footstep alone is deafening."

#7 29-06-2011 15:03:08

shaderlol
Voyageur

well i see some poeple forget the most devastating card for mages ^^
- [card]Reborn[/card]

2 magic poison attaced on + reborn = dead mead

#8 29-06-2011 15:32:29

Francesco_Sorbello
Gardien
Lieu : Ponyville

View my list, see if you can get ideas:
[card]Rockspeaker[/card]-[card]Mylad[/card]-[card]Kei zan[/card]

3 [card]Magic poison[/card]
3 [card]Living nature[/card]
3 [card]Rain of death[/card]
3 [card]Arachnophobia[/card]
3 [card]Dais intervention[/card]
2 [card]Dance of thunder snake[/card]
2 [card]Wood protection[/card]
1 [card]Freeze![/card]/[card]Clumsiness[/card]

You do the Pony Pokey!
Per voi posso essere MC Outlaw,Francesco Sorbello,Hoary e anche Frapony se proprio volete

#9 29-06-2011 15:35:06

Poptolev
Guémélite

Add 1-2 Anathematize ... It NEVER hurts to have it in the deck xD

"Of course they don't want that (adding more crystals to the game) to happen, because then the outrageous card prices would drop"

So MUCH stupidity in one sentence xD

#10 29-06-2011 15:38:51

jackal19
Gardien

Poptolev a écrit :

yeah for those ihas guys XD

-Frederica Bernkastel

#11 04-07-2011 15:37:24

Riversilk
Habitant de Guem

Francesco_Sorbello a écrit :

View my list, see if you can get ideas:
[card]Rockspeaker[/card]-[card]Mylad[/card]-[card]Kei zan[/card]

2 [card]Dance of thunder snake[/card]
2 [card]Wood protection[/card]
1 [card]Freeze![/card]/[card]Clumsiness[/card]

it's good but i'd rather play

1 [card]Dance of thunder snake[/card]

1 [card]Reborn[/card]
1 [card]Root[/card]
1 [card]Freeze![/card]
1 [card]Clumsiness[/card]

jackal19 a écrit :
Poptolev a écrit :

Anathematize is not so necessary in this deck imho, the main use of it being to beat IHAS decks, but with all the magic damage you can do you'll probably beat them anyway (as long as you oneshot one of the homchai, easy with double rod/living/mix and place some magic poison around you'll be fine)

#12 04-07-2011 15:42:17

jackal19
Gardien

Riversilk a écrit :
jackal19 a écrit :
Poptolev a écrit :

Anathematize is not so necessary in this deck imho, the main use of it being to beat IHAS decks, but with all the magic damage you can do you'll probably beat them anyway (as long as you oneshot one of the homchai, easy with double rod/living/mix and place some magic poison around you'll be fine)

the problem is if they throw alot at some turns also some homchai like to heal with idols and then they throw them by ihas and of course elo wise ana is a necessity

Dernière modification par jackal19 (04-07-2011 15:48:26)

-Frederica Bernkastel

Pied de page des forums