Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 08-06-2011 16:05:03

Dantesan
Solarian

Kotoba Reinforcement!

New content for the Kotoba

This release presents 3 new characters and 17 new cards that will surely find their place in many Kotoba Decks and other guilds too.

Shui Khan (and his two upgrades). Rare. Character. Kotoba. Marauder. Tracker. Human. Spirit 1. Attack 5/8. Defense 1. Health points 12. Attack +1 against Mages and Warriors. Turns 1, 4 and 5: Defense +2.

Vanish. Rare. Action. Kotoba. Crow. If your character does not carry any Weapons, the characters in battle do not suffer any damage this Turn.

Teaching. Rare. Action. Choose one of your characters and attach this card, he obtains Guilds, Classes, Races and Castes from your character in battle instead of his own.

Weapons at will. Rare. Action. Kotoba. Warrior/Craftsman. Attack +1 for each Weapon in your Discard Pile. The first Weapon in your Discard Pile playable by your character is played immediately after the cards have just been played and activates immediately. Chain: "Weapon Throw".

Ayako (and her three upgrades). Uncommon. Character. Kotoba. Mage. Tsoutai. Human. Spirit 1. Attack 3/5. Defense 1. Health points 12. "Ayako"'s Attack cannot be reduced. Turns 2, 5 and 7: Spirit +1.

Fugaru (and his two upgrades). Uncommon. Character. Kotoba. Spirit 1. Attack 5/6. Defense 3. Health points 12. Gain Chain if you play a One Handed Sword. Turns 1 and 2: Defense +1 and Spirit +1.

To Track down. Uncommon. Action. Kotoba. Marauder. Tracker. This card is attached to the opposing character. Duration: 3 Fights. All Trackers gain Attack +1. At the start of the third fight, the character has Defense= 0 and the cards he plays are ignored.

Kunai. Uncommon. Dagger. Kotoba. Tracker. Choose a character at the start of the fight. The chosen character suffers 2 direct damage and one randomly determined card attached to the character is discarded. Dual Wield.

Shi. Uncommon. Action. Kotoba. Tsoutai. Attack +2 and Defense +1 during the Turn this card is played. Chain: "Fu" or "Mi". This card is attached to the opposing character. Duration: 2 Fights.

Lurking in the Shadows. Uncommon. Action. Kotoba. Tracker. Attack +4/+2 if the opposing character isn't a Warrior or a Marauder. Chain.

The Flawseeker's Calling.. Uncommon. War Spell. Kotoba. Tsoutai. Attack +2 for each "The Flawseeker's..." played this Turn or in play, this one included.

Charge. Uncommon. Action. Kotoba. Warrior. Duration: 2 Fights. All of your Kotoba gain an additional Defense +1 and Attack +1 if your character carries " Emperor's Speech".

Mi. Common. Action. Kotoba. Tsoutai. Attack +2 if played after "Fu" or "Shi". All the "Shi" and "Fu" cards attached to the opposing character are discarded and the latter suffers 3 direct damage for each discarded card.

Disarmament. Common. Action. Kotoba. Marauder. Tracker/Warrior. If the opposing character carries a Weapon, he has Attack -1 and his weapons are discarded immediately.

Tessen. Common. One Handed Weapon. Claw. Kotoba. Warrior. Attack +1 and Defense +1. If the opposing character deals Physical damage to you while carrying one or several Weapons, all these weapons discard. Dual Wield.

Naginata (and its upgrade). Common. Two Handed Weapon. Spear. Warrior. Attack +1. At the start of the fight, if your character obtains his bonus order, he gains an additional Defense +2 this Turn.

Fu. Common. Action. Kotoba. Tsoutai. The opposing character has Spirit -2 and Attack -2 during the Turn this card is played. Chain: "Mi". This card is attached to the opposing character. Duration: 3 Fights. .

Substitution. Common. Action. Kotoba. Tracker. Attack -3 if the opposing character does not carry an Axe.

Return to Sender.. Common. War Spell. Kotoba. Duration: 2 Fights. Spirit +1 and Defense +1. Attack +2 each time that your character suffers magic damage. Tracker: Chain.

The Art of War. Common. Action. Warrior. Defense +0 to Defense +2. Spirit +2.

Have fun!
Eredan iTCG, the online trading card game.
Find this also on Facebook!

Don't kill the dream, execute it.

#2 08-06-2011 16:05:50

Rathedan
Nehantiste
Lieu : St. George, NB, Canada

Re : Kotoba Reinforcement!

So....much....*twitch*

If there were no luck in TCG, how boring would that be?
-Lonak

#3 08-06-2011 16:06:25

jackal19
Gardien
Lieu : SDM

Tsotai is empowered now and ayako is awesome mani proof big_smile

New englishchat: http://xat.com/EnglisheredanNeo---Online

"Tea is best enjoyed with your fellow monsters"
-Frederica Bernkastel

#4 08-06-2011 17:00:33

hutyro
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : Aparture Sience Lab

and now tsoutai and tracker can be considered high-tier,.................... maybe

This is my rifle
This is my gun
This one's for fighting
This one's for fun

#5 08-06-2011 17:20:44

magius
Solarian

Wow... Tsoutai... finally reinforcement and cool ninja like ability.

Magius [FH] FullHouse Clan

#6 08-06-2011 17:53:18

Paladino.:RR:.
Gardien

Just the Disarm, Tessen and Kunai got a little overpowered..

I mean at least they should send the weapons back to the deck..

Disarm is not so bad, since is Trackers only, but Kunai and Tessen can be used on the regular kotoba trio (asa, iro, gaki) who werent in need of a buff. And they still get the Weapons at will, even thought they alredy had the best defence.. and kensensei for near instant killing blows..

Att.

Dernière modification par Paladino.:RR:. (08-06-2011 17:53:49)

#7 08-06-2011 18:03:56

Viliennas
Voyageur

aaa.... way too over powered.... way way......

#8 08-06-2011 19:03:06

Tankdave
Voyageur

6-7 of the 17 cards are rather uninteligent, straight up mage hosers.

The reply to "Oh look, Kotoba is auto-losing to mages!" is not "Oh, let's make it auto-win, then."

Duration: X is a cool keyword ability. Would have loved to see the beauty of the mechanic in its specific difference from old cards, not by simply being strictly better than old benchmark cards.

I didn't think Kotoba was underwhelming at all in the meta-game, and fear that this is a big step in a wider power-creep phenomenon. This would not be the first TCG to be ruined if power-creep becomes a permanent occurence. Cards can have marginal advantages, but this expansion straight up kills previous cards that it is strictly better than.

They do look quite preety, though, hats off on that. Artwork, concept and number-beauty all work. Overpowered as it may be, it is an elegant expansion.

Best concept: Vanish.

Best skill-card: To track down

Totaly random hoser: Lurking in the Shadows

I'm having trouble getting it: Substitution

(It replaces the Kotoba with a log, hindering attack, unless someone with an axe cuts it down? Really, is that it? If so, just silly. Tadaa-bunny-not-being-a-spell silly.)

#9 08-06-2011 19:18:12

hutyro
Habitant de Guem
Lieu : Aparture Sience Lab

i think you should do this with the rest of the clans for the next weeks

This is my rifle
This is my gun
This one's for fighting
This one's for fun

#10 08-06-2011 19:28:50

Rathedan
Nehantiste
Lieu : St. George, NB, Canada

(It replaces the Kotoba with a log, hindering attack, unless someone with an axe cuts it down? Really, is that it? If so, just silly. Tadaa-bunny-not-being-a-spell silly.)

See: Naruto

If there were no luck in TCG, how boring would that be?
-Lonak

#11 08-06-2011 21:38:57

nemoutopia
Habitant de Guem

While there are a few cards I also think need a tweak [DOWN, not up], overall this looks like a beautiful expansion. The addition to both Trackers and Tsoutsai makes me eager to test the new possibilities, and the Fu-Shi-Mi interaction looks elegant and fun. I also like that it is a non-spell Tsoutsai addition, expanding their martial arts theme to better match their mystical theme. While the actual reinforcement not just for Kotoba in general but each of their castes is welcome, I particularly like [card]Teaching[/card] as a welcome addition for ANY caste based deck...and expect it will remain a high-cost rare in the market for a while!

On Power Creep: Power creep is inevitable in any game that expands...I have yet to see a game that has been able to stay alive without it, even when expansion banning is used. I think an inevitable turn for Eredan iTCG will be a new tournament design in addition to the addition of the Challenges of the Council and the Amnezy changes. In an analogy to other games, this provides three supported tournament formats to keep things from being stale:
Unrestricted [Arena of the Border]
Selection-Restricted [Amnezy]
Guild/Color/Faction Only [Challenges of the Council]

The additional forms I think will be needed are the return of Joust of the Bold, a 'character level X only' format, and an Act-based format. The reason is that each of these address Power Creep in a different way than the current three formats do. Joust of the Bold and 'character-level-X only' formats address power creep in terms of how much more powerful character upgrades can become after certain markers. By restricting the game to the level 2 version or level 3 versions of characters only, the meta-game changes because there is a cap on the base stats of the characters involved. Similarly, an Act based format could come in multiple varieties. One suggestion is an Act-X-only, but I think this will fail somewhat because Act I simply has the largest pool available. I think instead an "Act X and before" structure is viable, because it trims power-creep specifically at Act markers. So there could be an Act I format, an Act I + II format, and so forth as more Acts present. There will always be those who decry it because of it's effect on the unrestricted Elo, but it is a necessary part of game evolution and if addressed with multiple play formats allows for all types of player preferences to thrive.

#12 08-06-2011 22:49:17

Malleuz
Habitant de Guem

Talking about power creep and brokenness.

The Flawseekers Calling is unbelievably broken (that, or severly bugged). When you play it alone (no other cards, just this one) it gives +4 atk (sounds like Assassination to me), and then it gives a further +2 if you play other "the flawseeker" cards this turn, or have some in play already.

Dear mods:

Please if it is bugged, because if it only gives a base of +2 on its own then it is okay (really good, but atleast okay. An uncommon assassination just seems bugged to mee.

/Morten

#13 08-06-2011 23:39:49

Col.Beowulf
Guémélite

Just a question. Does Shui Khan get his bonus against Mages and Warriors or just one. Like what if he fights a Witchblade that is both a Mage and a Warrior does he get +2 the way he is worded it looks like he should.

#14 09-06-2011 02:18:44

Santuros
Nehantiste
Lieu : Colombia!!!

Rathedan a écrit :

See: Naruto

LOL!

indeed this is a really good looking expansion, but I can imagine some overpowered deck in upcomming weeks... ITS TIME UPGRADE MYSELF TOO!! tongue

PS: since there are a lot of anti-item cards i think is time too make some item saver cards...

I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. (Hafez)

#15 09-06-2011 04:23:52

jackal19
Gardien
Lieu : SDM

By the looks of it all the guilds will get major reinforcements as it is the opening of a new act i predict next week will be noz or zil wednesday *hopes its noz dk reinforcement.* im sure of it and toran the faithless can use tsotai cards now thanks to teaching

Dernière modification par jackal19 (09-06-2011 04:36:18)

New englishchat: http://xat.com/EnglisheredanNeo---Online

"Tea is best enjoyed with your fellow monsters"
-Frederica Bernkastel

#16 09-06-2011 15:42:27

Morkalavin
Voyageur
Lieu : no temple to Xochiquetzal here

Malleuz a écrit :

Talking about power creep and brokenness.

The Flawseekers Calling is unbelievably broken (that, or severly bugged). When you play it alone (no other cards, just this one) it gives +4 atk (sounds like Assassination to me), and then it gives a further +2 if you play other "the flawseeker" cards this turn, or have some in play already.

It states "including this one." So it will ALWAYS give at least +4 Attack .. which IS totally insane in my eyes because when was the last time a pimped up Akutsai needed +8 attack out of nothing?

Before you ask, I just got my minions buts handed to me by him .. no fun.

EDIT: Just looked it up again. It states that it gives +2 for each one but this means the first should (if no other "flawseeker's" are active) give +2 Attack ... It's a bug ^^

Dernière modification par Morkalavin (09-06-2011 16:04:45)

Morkalavin
Mad Scientist * Born under the xochitl
"Everything bigger than a hamlet should have a temple dedicated to Xochiquetzal . I even volunteer as high priest."

Pied de page des forums