Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 19-05-2011 07:45:33

Viliennas
Voyageur

Finalized Pirate Marauder

Got up to 1760 elo last time...
But got too tire of fighting Quick Draw and All the Desert Nomad with Solaris.
(as we all know the unbalance of the game~)
But yeah... after all, Pirate Marauder is very hard to play and not that strong. Zil Marauder still trumps Pirate Marauder without a doubt.

However, I think my pirate marauder is pretty great. Winning most of my games; someone asked me to put up a complete list. And I feel selfless, so here we go~

p.s. I do think if Narwhal can give some DEF or ATK bonus activate immediately would be good tho? pretty please?

[card]Gemineye[/card]
[card]Hook[/card]           Priest Version
[card]Lil Laddie[/card]

[card]Narwhal[/card] x3
[card]Infernal Cricket[/card] x3
[card]Cutlass[/card] x3

[card]A Warrior's Fury[/card] x3
[card]Assassination[/card] x2

[card]Time to Die[/card] x1
[card]Demonic Apparition[/card] x1
[card]Escaping Death[/card] x1
[card]Favor of the Dawn[/card] x1
[card]Weapon Kata[/card] x1

[card]Implosion[/card] x1

Enjoy~ My in Game name is the same as my ID

Dernière modification par Viliennas (19-05-2011 23:27:48)

#2 19-05-2011 15:50:52

RyogaLX
Gardien

Re : Finalized Pirate Marauder

I had make a lot of test about this kind of decks and I found that they lacks of competitive. First their resistance is apparently near to standard Marauder unit (about 13-16 total resistance) but his attack base compared with other marauders is too low. In other hand the defense of the team relays in Gemineye then lot opponents strike hard the fragile unit. The unique potencial is his spirit, makethis decks solid against Noz and sometimes Witchblades, but is a real backdraw against Discard.     

They try to improve their damage with Infernal cricket but this only work for 3 rounds and the improvement is done by Pirate jolly rogers but is hard to set up good amount of flags before get killed.

Then Narwal is pretty bad weapon and Hook priest version even worst. I found more usefull Hook shadow version that lock shadow spells against discard and take bonus against mages.

It's fun to play, but not competitive. ^^ good luck

The Nehant Champion
L.N.O
"With facts, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual" Galileo Galilei

#3 19-05-2011 17:45:33

Cossette
Solarian

For me its a great deck... nice alternative to those commonly seen marauders beatdown... tongue the only thing is this deck is so hmm expensive to build....

winning is not everything its how you enjoy the match that counts and seeing the same deck all over again is pretty lame sad

and this is a fresh meat on the cutting board.... big_smile

Dernière modification par Cossette (19-05-2011 17:51:45)

Breathless
Great things comes in small packages... A booster perhaps?
http://xat.com/englisheredan

#4 19-05-2011 18:09:03

RyogaLX
Gardien

Cossette a écrit :

winning is not everything its how you enjoy the match that counts and seeing the same deck all over again is pretty lame sad

I completly agree with it dear cossette smile

The Nehant Champion
L.N.O
"With facts, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual" Galileo Galilei

#5 19-05-2011 18:10:15

ShinoKaito
Ptit nouveau

I agree with cossette, the fun part about this deck is that it's rather hard to guess which character will we attack. i'm running on the same base of the deck but i'm using killicrew instead to build up jolly rogers and some other AoE fun cards such as supplying+flames of phoenix and also collision (1 is reasonable i guess).

and yup it's really costly. for this kind of deck i would also prefer the powder hook version which allows +1 attack when narwhal is equipped smile

#6 19-05-2011 18:37:20

Viliennas
Voyageur

RyogaLX a écrit :

Then Narwal is pretty bad weapon and Hook priest version even worst. I found more usefull Hook shadow version that lock shadow spells against discard and take bonus against mages.

I have tried both version. And the reason I prefer priest version is because I am in the Elo room a lot.

Desert Nomad is far too common in high rank stage.. which are all priest and shadow immunity is nothing.

Cause with Priest version, the maximum atk boost from char is 2, but shadow version is 1.

And Shadow version is not that useful against discard. Since they could have easily save the shadow spell for other character who also has rather high spirit. And my strategy as most other marauder decks are... is to kill them as soon as possible. (Winning rate is 50% against Good Discard Deck)

But yeah, have a really high winning rate against mage deck. Even higher if Noz.

(My raging rant is usually about Sap Hear Quick Draw and Nomad Solaris.... damn I hate those...)

#7 19-05-2011 19:40:51

DohkoLod
Modérateur Eredan

If you add some [card]Fallback[/card], it'll help a lot agains Sap. Use it instead of Escaping Death.

Chat Fórum ITCG: group1185284@groupsim.com
É só adicionar como um contato no MSN!
Bruto, Rústico e Sistemático.
O Keizan - O Grande Corruptor - O Capitão

#8 19-05-2011 20:11:51

Zorak
Gardien
Lieu : Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

Good point Dohko. Add some [card]fallback[/card]s and try to use Narval in Keizan's round to try to kill Melissandre first, and then the battle is almost over. You can repeat the same trick against Yidiane if you have the 4th turn.

I'm testing this deck, and its true that its not competitive, but its so fun to play.
I'm thinking in a new formation with Clover and Powder Keg to potentialize the efects of the powder weapons (Infernal Cricket and Narval).

IGN Edinho - BODE TEAM

"A vei, esses cara não sabem nem onde caga."
                                              -Filippe_Balbino

#9 19-05-2011 20:26:53

RyogaLX
Gardien

piratemarauderdeck.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Who killed ishaia? yikes

Dernière modification par RyogaLX (19-05-2011 22:31:57)

The Nehant Champion
L.N.O

#10 19-05-2011 23:25:27

Viliennas
Voyageur

The reason I didn't put [card]Fall Back[/card] in the deck:

1. Does not Chain

2. Couldn't put more then one in the deck, considering the fact that "Time to Die" needs attack bonus rather then decrease. Higher possibility for stall hand.

Reduce the fire power by a lot.
But I guess if we are only talking about Desert Nomad and Quick Draw. It would be good.

In fact I am using Demon Apparition instead one of the Assassination.

p.s. Yeah, Pirate Marauder is very good with Courtesan.

pps. By the way, [card]Escaping Death[/card] is in fact much more useful than it is assumed on the market. Lots and lots way that this single card can win you the game... Just need to know when to use it~

Dernière modification par Viliennas (19-05-2011 23:29:26)

#11 19-05-2011 23:43:45

jackal19
Gardien
Lieu : SDM

Viliennas a écrit :

pps. By the way, [card]Escaping Death[/card] is in fact much more useful than it is assumed on the market. Lots and lots way that this single card can win you the game... Just need to know when to use it~

it is useful a for it limit the insane increase in stats e.g. Ihas or lastword spell combo

New englishchat: http://xat.com/EnglisheredanNeo---Online

"Tea is best enjoyed with your fellow monsters"
-Frederica Bernkastel

#12 20-05-2011 00:40:55

Zorak
Gardien
Lieu : Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

The only ways that I know to counter Elfines is to increase your defense, cancel QD to avoid death or reduce damage. Magic Poison its not a problem, since your crew have a good spirit score.
So try to fit some [card]Obesity[/card]. If you chain it right you can nullify the [card]Hypnotic Melody[/card] and [card]Quick Draw[/card] effects. In your turn you can use Cricket/Warrior's Fury and chain with Obesity and that way you get 2 defense and get rid of the 3rd attack. In the opponents turn you use Obesity with anything you like.
If you have the cash you can include [card]The Prestige[/card] and exclude the pesky Quick Draw from the game.
The problem is that now Elfines is not only about QD.
Against Nomads Obesity does almost nothing.
If you cant do that then just accept defeat.

Escaping death should have a Pirates logo. smile

Dernière modification par Zorak (20-05-2011 00:52:53)

IGN Edinho - BODE TEAM

"A vei, esses cara não sabem nem onde caga."
                                              -Filippe_Balbino

Pied de page des forums