Annonce

Eredan iTCG forums move. You can find them at this adress: http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Eredan GT forums stay here, the same for the old Eredan iTCG forums who pass in read only.

Les forums d'Eredan iTCG ont déménagés. Retrouvez-les à cette adresse : http://forums.eredan.com/index.php.

Les forums d'Eredan GT restent ici, ainsi que les anciens forums d'Eredan iTCG qui y seront toujours en lecture seule.

#1 09-05-2011 16:58:31

RedANDWhite
Ptit nouveau

Rockspeaker

Hello, im trying to make a deck based on rockspeaker and im currently using a rockspeaker/melissandre/hailwalker deck so i can maximize the bonus of tribal mask however im trying to improve it .  Can someone please help me and give me some ideas ?  thanks in advance

#2 09-05-2011 22:37:54

Warhound90
Habitant de Guem

Re : Rockspeaker

You will have to take my suggestions with a grain of salt, as I don't have a rockspeaker yet, although I do have most of the other cards in the deck to make this particular build, but I though of maybe using Rargnor and Red Mark, along with some standard items and actions, while using Rock Speaker as a kind of mage support, Ideally with Destructive Totems and Arachnophobia.

Red Mark
RockSpeaker
Rargnor

x1 Amber Spear
x1 Amber Sword
x1 Totemic Shield
x3 Life Idol
x1 Scroll of Fragility
x1 Scroll of The Insane
x1 Guardian Spear/ Perforator (Your Choice)
x3 Items have a soul
x2 Destructive Totem
x3 Arachnophobia
x2 Scouting the Area
x1 Bestial Wrath/ Shamanism/ Whatever your Heart desires to be in this slot

So, here's the idea, At it's core this deck is an IHAS, but not in the traditional "Toss everything but IHAS=profit" way, but in the "Correct" way. Rockspeaker is featured in this deck to A.) Bolster your offense with Arachnophobia and Destructive Totem as well as B.) chain the aforementioned spells with Scouting for a defense boost. The items are mostly all only usable by warriors with the exception of the scrolls, which really only serve as chains/defensive measures. The reason for choosing these items comes from the fact that they all either have some kind of Hom Chai bonus effect, chain or have a good synergy with IHAS, other than that they are interchangeable with whatever you want to throw in there. The thing to remember here is that this deck wont be taking any of the established decks-to-beat to the cleaners, but it is kind of fun to mess around with, and this is just one very small idea of how to use him.

Sidenote- Should you find that Arachnophobia is a hair out of your price range, you could replace them with essentially any spell that you think would support your warriors, such as Magic Poison, or Root, same goes for Destructive Totem. Just keep in mind that with a natural spirit of 0, spells that base their effects on spirit are a no-go here.

Dernière modification par Warhound90 (09-05-2011 22:38:53)

#3 10-05-2011 03:58:29

Anihilate
Solarian

I'm leveling Rockspeaker as we speak...I will post my results ^_^

IGN: Shrei VonWeisheit
Mercenaries and trophies are underrated.
PS: I'm insane big_smile

#4 18-05-2011 17:38:01

Erezil
Habitant de Guem

Once Rockspeaker gets to lvl 3 he’s a beast. Here is the deck idea I have been trying out with Rockspeaker. I wanted to try something different and it’s been pretty successful not going the traditional Hom’Chai IHAS route.

[card]Rockspeaker[/card]
[card]Rargnor[/card]
[card]Elder Mailandar[/card]

x3 [card]Tribal Mask[/card] (+3atk / +3def)
x3 [card]Quick Draw[/card] (A godsend after Destructive Totem)
x3 [card]Idol of Life[/card] (Saves Rargnor from the Witchblades)
x2 [card]Arachnophobia[/card] (Currently have x1 and subbing x1 [card]Martial Magic[/card] until I can afford one more)
x2 [card]Magic Poison [/card]
x2 [card]Destructive Totem[/card]
x2 [card]Amber Spear[/card]
x1 [card]Perforator[/card] (for dropping an amber spear for the +2 health after turn 3)
x1 [card]Fierceness[/card] (never know when you might need a well placed aoe card)
x1 [card]Reborn[/card] (works well when you can get 2 magic poisons on a high spirited mage in an earlier turn)

The deck revolves around the tribal mask and Rockspeaker’s ability of being able to place them on others. Instead of having extra items I threw in extra spells to ensure, Rockspeaker could always chain something. Since he gets a permanent +1 def per turn for a spell, he stays around a little longer; Buffing the warriors first then himself. Most times, he ends up being a sacrifice to heal the other two, by then they are usually pretty buffed on attack and defense. It’s nice when all three masks come out by turn 3.

Don't go into the jungle dressed like a banana if you don't like monkeys!

#5 18-05-2011 20:05:51

RyogaLX
Gardien

Erezil a écrit :

[card]Rockspeaker[/card]
[card]Rargnor[/card]

x2 [card]Arachnophobia[/card] (Currently have x1 and subbing x1 [card]Martial Magic[/card] until I can afford one more)
x1 [card]Perforator[/card] (for dropping an amber spear for the +2 health after turn 3)
x1 [card]Fierceness[/card] (never know when you might need a well placed aoe card)
x1 [card]Reborn[/card] (works well when you can get 2 magic poisons on a high spirited mage in an earlier turn)

Erezil you deck looks awesome, plausible creativity!. Destructive totem plus quickdraw combo it's pretty good and tribal mask improve pretty nice you homchais damages. Congrat ^^

The Nehant Champion
L.N.O
"With facts, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual" Galileo Galilei

#6 18-05-2011 22:01:40

Glasher
Guémélite

Erezil a écrit :

Once Rockspeaker gets to lvl 3 he’s a beast. Here is the deck idea I have been trying out with Rockspeaker. I wanted to try something different and it’s been pretty successful not going the traditional Hom’Chai IHAS route.

[card]Rockspeaker[/card]
[card]Rargnor[/card]

The deck revolves around the tribal mask and Rockspeaker’s ability of being able to place them on others. Instead of having extra items I threw in extra spells to ensure, Rockspeaker could always chain something. Since he gets a permanent +1 def per turn for a spell, he stays around a little longer; Buffing the warriors first then himself. Most times, he ends up being a sacrifice to heal the other two, by then they are usually pretty buffed on attack and defense. It’s nice when all three masks come out by turn 3.

One of your warriors should be Ydiane imo.

Concentrate not on destroying your foe, but on obtaining your own victory. - Gouken

#7 18-05-2011 22:32:33

Erezil
Habitant de Guem

Glasher a écrit :

I tried that first so that i could guarantee the use of magic poison. But my survival rate was higher with the all Hom'Chai version. The -3 def from Destructive Totem and the +3 atk / def for the masks helps a lot as well.

#8 18-05-2011 22:35:51

Glasher
Guémélite

Erezil a écrit :
Glasher a écrit :

I tried that first so that i could guarantee the use of magic poison. But my survival rate was higher with the all Hom'Chai version. The -3 def from Destructive Totem and the +3 atk / def for the masks helps a lot as well.

Wouldnt mask be more effective with an elfine? -2 shouldnt make much dif. Maybe Meliss than she is more sturdy. But if ***bip*** based on rocky ***bip*** tribals benefit more with at least 1 elfine.

Concentrate not on destroying your foe, but on obtaining your own victory. - Gouken

#9 19-05-2011 01:39:50

Erezil
Habitant de Guem

Glasher a écrit :
Erezil a écrit :
Glasher a écrit :

Wouldnt mask be more effective with an elfine? -2 shouldnt make much dif. Maybe Meliss than she is more sturdy. But if ***bip*** based on rocky ***bip*** tribals benefit more with at least 1 elfine.

I actually think that the card worded wrong. You get more of a benefit with 3 hom'chai. Makes sense though, since tribal would indicate everyone being the same.

#10 25-05-2011 03:46:47

RyogaLX
Gardien

Erezil a écrit :

I actually think that the card worded wrong. You get more of a benefit with 3 hom'chai. Makes sense though, since tribal would indicate everyone being the same.

Tell me Erezil if you have had a good victory chance with this decks. I perform some test with similar versions, its fun but I think that you have too much spells in deck, the masks works perfect with Homchais. I see that the card [card]The best defense[/card], [card]scouting the area[/card] and good weapons as [card]Devourer[/card] works pretty well, but spirit kill this decks against mages and priests. Swarms of scarabs is a pain in the ass for this decks ><'.

=/ Masks dont allow to put runic gauntlets ... soo is pretty hard. It's pretty fun itself smile

The Nehant Champion
L.N.O
"With facts, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual" Galileo Galilei

#11 25-05-2011 09:58:38

Cezco
Habitant de Guem

click the link on my sig " my decks " and u can see a cds mage build very effective

Dernière modification par Cezco (25-05-2011 09:58:54)

...Aboose, il Sacerdote...
http://forum.eredan.com/viewtopic.php?id=20535 My decks
http://eredanita.angelfire.com/ <---- chat ita eredan

#12 25-05-2011 12:48:24

Erezil
Habitant de Guem

RyogaLX a écrit :
Erezil a écrit :

Tell me Erezil if you have had a good victory chance with this decks. I perform some test with similar versions, its fun but I think that you have too much spells in deck, the masks works perfect with Homchais. I see that the card [card]The best defense[/card], [card]scouting the area[/card] and good weapons as [card]Devourer[/card] works pretty well, but spirit kill this decks against mages and priests. Swarms of scarabs is a pain in the ass for this decks ><'.

=/ Masks dont allow to put runic gauntlets ... soo is pretty hard. It's pretty fun itself smile

It is actually a lot of spells for one mage. but that is to make sure that Rockspeaker always has something to play. I do frequently toss a magic poison or destructive totem. but at the rate that the characters gain attack and defense many mage decks dont give me the same trouble they give other hom'chai decks. So it clearly has its weaknesses but my win percentage with it is actually good. The amber spears, idol of life, and Rockspeakers death ability keep the other 2 pretty healthy most times.

#13 25-05-2011 12:58:40

Erezil
Habitant de Guem

RyogaLX a écrit :
Erezil a écrit :

My win percentage is pretty good actually. Any mage deck that cant one-shot a character in turns 1-3 usually has a 50% chance of winning. If the A-bomb deck doesn't either one-shot someone in turn 1-2 then i usually win. discard isnt much of a problem anymore. If Rockspeaker can get destructive totem followed but a Quick Draw then they become less of a problem. As said before, the deck has its weaknesses but what deck doesnt? Its not an elo deck. Not enough money invested in the game for that but it is fun.

#14 25-05-2011 18:15:59

RyogaLX
Gardien

Cezco a écrit :

click the link on my sig " my decks " and u can see a cds mage build very effective

Actually I have one powerfull CDS mage deck, but I'm trying to spare me some time in decks like this to get fun. elo rooms get me to the point.... I refuse to play control decks and discard decks.... so I get angry ¬¬'. I prefer to get fun instead to get my stress to the limit, until I have [card]A new start[/card].

I test a deck with only warriors homchais and work pretty nice with preforators, tribal mask is awesome item, ragnor is nearly indestructible with 3 totems and tribal mask.

The Nehant Champion
L.N.O

#15 18-06-2011 16:43:30

kleos D
Voyageur

how can you get (+3 attack / +3 defense ) with tribal mask?

#16 18-06-2011 17:05:49

Aigle1705
Gardien
Lieu : Germany - Tilleda (Kyffhäuser)

good question...
all chars are homchai so the race bonus shouldnt tigger.
-> mask only gives +1/+1.

silent leges inter arma
cicero

#17 18-06-2011 18:39:18

Erezil
Habitant de Guem

When this thread was posted there may have been a bug with it. It no longer gives the +3/+3. But it was fun while it lasted! lol

#18 18-06-2011 19:31:20

RyogaLX
Gardien

Erezil a écrit :

When this thread was posted there may have been a bug with it. It no longer gives the +3/+3. But it was fun while it lasted! lol

Now the tribal sucks .... a shame =/

The Nehant Champion
L.N.O

#19 18-06-2011 19:47:42

Erezil
Habitant de Guem

RyogaLX a écrit :
Erezil a écrit :

Now the tribal sucks .... a shame =/

I agree. When i finally got the deck the way i wanted it it all changed. Most of my games ended with [card]Rargnor[/card] with 11 def, 14-18 atk, and full health. Now i feel like ive wasted crystals on the masks. Hard to use 3 effectively now.

#20 19-06-2011 11:55:01

Yomig
Ptit nouveau

Yes, I have quite the same concerns about these Not-so-Tribal-anymore Masks... It is really hard to get them to their full potential, which is really a shame since [card]Rockspeaker[/card] was designed to use them intensively, as it seems. So if the masks are worthless, he becomes a bit worthless himself...

It is also too bad for the Hom'Chaï decks, as it offered a very nice alternative to the basic [card]Items have a soul[/card] gameplay, that is desperately missing at the moment, I think...

Anyway, since I love the little shaman, I'm still trying something using [card]Tribal Mask[/card] with a 3 race line-up ([card]Rockspeaker[/card] / [card]Ydiane[/card] / [card]The Hailwalker[/card] Mage) and based mainly on Nature spells, but still not really optimal... Has anyone tried something similar??

Or have you all given up the idea of using Rockspeaker and the masks? smile

And by the way, sorry for the non-native english...

#21 19-06-2011 12:43:28

Hansi
Habitant de Guem

only elfines/homchais can equip that mask, which means you only get the +3/3 bonus if u play with a golem.

#22 19-06-2011 12:58:56

Yomig
Ptit nouveau

Actually [card]Rockspeaker[/card]'s ability allows him to play the mask on anyone, whatever the race, as far as I could see.

#23 19-06-2011 13:24:42

Erezil
Habitant de Guem

Yomig a écrit :

Yes, I have quite the same concerns about these Not-so-Tribal-anymore Masks... It is really hard to get them to their full potential, which is really a shame since [card]Rockspeaker[/card] was designed to use them intensively, as it seems. So if the masks are worthless, he becomes a bit worthless himself...

It is also too bad for the Hom'Chaï decks, as it offered a very nice alternative to the basic [card]Items have a soul[/card] gameplay, that is desperately missing at the moment, I think...

Anyway, since I love the little shaman, I'm still trying something using [card]Tribal Mask[/card] with a 3 race line-up ([card]Rockspeaker[/card] / [card]Ydiane[/card] / [card]The Hailwalker[/card] Mage) and based mainly on Nature spells, but still not really optimal... Has anyone tried something similar??

Or have you all given up the idea of using Rockspeaker and the masks? smile

And by the way, sorry for the non-native english...

Ive basically had to leave the masks along for now. I'm now trying out a Keizan / The Hailwalker / Rockspeaker. I have only one mask in the deck just so Rockspeaker can get the attack +1. Now im focusing on Arachnophobia. So far so good.

#24 20-06-2011 14:18:23

kleos D
Voyageur

would you like to post your latest deck erezil? just for variety, smile

#25 20-06-2011 15:05:59

Erezil
Habitant de Guem

kleos D a écrit :

would you like to post your latest deck erezil? just for variety, smile

[card]Rockspeaker[/card]
[card]Keizan[/card]
[card]The Hailwalker[/card]

3x [card]Arachnophobia[/card]
3x [card]Burn in Hell[/card]
3x [card]Rain of Death[/card]
3x [card]Magic Poison[/card]
1x [card]Implosion[/card]
1x [card]Arcanium[/card]
1x [card]Freeze[/card]
1x [card]Guardian’s Benediction[/card]
1x [card]I hate Brawlers[/card]
1x [card]Splinter of the World Tree[/card]
1x [card]Tribal Mask[/card]
1x [card]Mage’s Grand Staff[/card]

Dernière modification par Erezil (20-06-2011 15:07:46)

Pied de page des forums